• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's over
well yeah

If you were to believe everything else he said, it would imply that the banner isn't real.
That is also my stance- but what is important to me is that the characters on it aren't all completely made up.

This is coming from someone who has been trying to postulate reasons the full banner AND Incineroar is real, but the fact of the matter is, I reaaaaallly doubt all 7 + Incineroar are in, and I'm convinced at this point that Incineroar is in the game in some way.

(Yeah yeah, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I know)

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
You touched on the part of this I find most interesting: if they're cracking down on leakers, then why are there so many inside sources relaying Smash info?
This is something that makes no sense to me. Not even during the Smash 4 days did you have "insiders" who were discussing how they knew the roster inside and out. You didn't even see people saying that they can confirm/deny the Gematsu leak, or even the ESRB leak. If Sora Ltd is supposedly cracking down on leakers, how is it that there are so many people who supposedly know the Smash roster (and also conveniently, none of these people have leaked information?) AND aren't afraid to talk about Incineroar (conveniently after Vergeben said Incineroar was happening and not Decidueye, who is not deconfirmed, might I add.) Seems a little fishy to me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Unlikely, if not impossible. While I was the original person to suggest the misinformation campaign, it would come down to a character or two, not an entire roster.
Unless the source(s) is/(are) in on the misinformation campaign.
*hides tinfoil hat*

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Tales of Berseria came out in 2016. So the series is still quite alive. Even if you mean that Lloyd's game isn't the most relevant, (which is inaccurate) Lloyd is pretty much the Cloud of the Tales of series being, one of the, if not the most popular protagonist among fans.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m really conflicted...I was full on team real but, now that the insiders have actually given us a reason that they don’t believe it instead of “lol no incineroar” makes me question it a bit.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
TL;DR:
  • Mystic comes out and says some stuff, among them is:
    • Grinch leak is fake, and will be proven fake in the next two weeks
    • Isaac and Geno near confirmed
    • Ken, Shadow, and Incineroar very likely
    • No word on Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, or Banjo & Kazooie
    • Lloyd is very likely for DLC
    • 108 stages is a yes
    • There will be a large event detailing most of the remaining newcomers and modes
  • Ryce says that the Grinch leak is fake because it lacks a character his source told him is in and has multiple characters that his source didn't tell him about at all (his source supposedly told him about the full roster).
So uh

Who are these two and why should we believe them?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Wait, why are so many people here now believing the insiders saying that the banner isn't real? Why the shift?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So if the missing character is Incineroar, then at the very least we could be looking at:

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
Geno
Isaac

As potentially our final 5 newcomers. While I would have nothing to complain about, the fact that Banjo ended up in a leak like this is heartbreaking.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Tales of Berseria came out in 2016. So the series is still quite alive. Even if you mean that Lloyd's game isn't the most relevant, (which is inaccurate) Lloyd is pretty much the Cloud of the Tales of series being, one of the, if not the most popular protagonist among fans.
Actually Yuri is the most popular protagonist in the fandom, to the point he's banned in most popularity contests, but Lloyd is the most familar with Nintendo players.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So Ryce thinks Lyold is in?

I'm sorry but why would any insider believe this?

Lyold( no offense to his fans) is more then likely never getting in. Unlike banjo his support has been nowhere on par nor is it close to geno's. Plus his game while a classic I'm told is unfortunately dead.

I can't see him beating sora or geno for the square rep. Nor do I see why anyone would buy it. I think Ryce was probably a false name like we know square was doing.
-First off, Lloyd is Bandai Namco not Square.

The thing with Bandai Namco is that there is no clear choice on who a second Bandai rep would be. For me it comes down to three possibilities: Heihachi, Lloyd, and KOS-MOS.

Heihachi is arguably the most recognizable of the three and is part of a very well-known fighting game series.
Lloyd is from a long-running JRPG series and did get a costume in Smash 4.
KOS-MOS has ties with Monolift Soft, who used to be under Bandai Namco, but now is under Nintendo.

Although I have my personal pick (I think you figure that one out), there is no clear cut winner as to who should be the second Bandai rep.

I do think it's going to happen, since Bandai is the only 3rd party that develops the actual game, but as to who it ends up being, I can see it being any of those three.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Once again i've opened the floodgates. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pain.

I'll take everyone's requests into consideration, but I want to make this clear.

You will only be added if I can make it work.

I still want it to look like a competent image, after all.

With that said, don't be afraid to ask to be in the poster. It actually gives me ideas on what to draw. I can't promise everyone will be in it, unfortunately.

And don't worry about me, I want to do this. It's fun!
i
There's going to be a poster? Can I be on it? :p I expect not and don't even know what it's for but can't hurt to ask I think
if you can find a way to include me, than I'd be happy to be in it! but no big deal if not.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
papagenos papagenos didn’t you say there were characters your source didn’t know about? Maybe it’s Chorus Kids, given the Sakurai toy rifle, and Papa Genos source saying Banjo is in.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So Ryce thinks Lyold is in?

I'm sorry but why would any insider believe this?

Lyold( no offense to his fans) is more then likely never getting in. Unlike banjo his support has been nowhere on par nor is it close to geno's. Plus his game while a classic I'm told is unfortunately dead.

I can't see him beating sora or geno for the square rep. Nor do I see why anyone would buy it. I think Ryce was probably a false name like we know square was doing.
Well Lloyd wouldn't be competing with SE reps in the first place as they are a Bamco character, not an SE one. Being a character belonging to the company directly helping make the game could make things easier.
Also not sure where you got that Symphonia as a game was dead from or what that even means for an RPG.

Don't think Lloyd is likely myself but don't think these make much sense as points honestly

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If each of the next 5 stages coincide with one newcomer for each, then perhaps the leak is actually true if Mystic is correct...?

Unless we get different newcomers instead I guess...
Not quite, they state that the remaining stages are tied to newcomers, but they also state that there are those that are tied to other factors, which implies that at least one is probably not going to be tied to a newcomer. That means that instead of getting say a Mach Rider Stage, we can get something like Pictochat in Brawl or Nintendogs + Cats in Smash 3DS, extra stages related to other franchises that have nothing to do with the character roster entirely.

So until we know more, it's best to assume that based on the rumor we only have up to three stages tied to newcomers, the rest are up in the air and can be something different.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I really don’t care if the banner is real or not. As long as the characters are in I’m happy.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I like how even after The Grinch stabbed Incineroar he still can't be stopped.
Did you forget how that story/movie ended?

The Grinch is going to have a change of heart after stealing Incineroar and will bring the present back to the people of Whoville... I mean... Smashboards

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Cool thing is, Mystic's way of deconfirming the mural as it suspected to be at the current moment was a much better pill to swallow, because he talked through it gently and with a modicum of respect.

It can be done, guys.

Last edited:

Glitch_man42

Smash Rookie
You know what would be ****ing CRAZY? If this leak was faked by Universal Productions or Illumination Entertainment as some insane marketing ploy for The Grinch movie. That is like the most far fetched of ideas, and they probably would never out right admit to that. But it would explain why its so convincing. I doubt it to be honest the chances of Universal or Illumination doing that are slim to none. But there have probably been crazier ad campaigns, and honestly I want it to be true just so I can see everyone lose their ****.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I legitimately would have no problem if we also got a surprise character in Gil. I mean, he has some things going for him (Namco, Mii Costume, retro appreciation, etc.), and he could be fun. Retro music is also a favorite of mine.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Once again i've opened the floodgates. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pain.

I'll take everyone's requests into consideration, but I want to make this clear.

You will only be added if I can make it work.

I still want it to look like a competent image, after all.

With that said, don't be afraid to ask to be in the poster. It actually gives me ideas on what to draw. I can't promise everyone will be in it, unfortunately.

And don't worry about me, I want to do this. It's fun!
Wait, added to what exactly?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the fact multiple people now seem to be saying conflicting things is starting to leed some slight potential to the fact every insider knows a different set of things and only one or few of them are right.

The best way to stop a leak in the first place would be to have multiple people believing multiple different things after all. Still odd that GameXPlain seems to have inside knowledge and they won't speak about this little mural thing at all. But here we have multiple people who know things saying ''It seems off because..."

They won't even say that.
I can't believe it. We've gone through all this pain and mental anguish, and we're still no closer to knowing the roster than we were a week ago.

ekc

Smash Cadet
I think my final stance will be #TeamFake. I'd 100% cry tears of joy if it's real though.
I believe the banner got some things right, but the banner itself is fake.
I had hope Banjo, I really did.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So if the missing character is Incineroar, then at the very least we could be looking at:

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
Geno
Isaac

As potentially our final 5 newcomers. While I would have nothing to complain about, the fact that Banjo ended up in a leak like this is heartbreaking.
I still think Banjo might be in due to what PapaGeno’s sources have said. There’s still hope.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
So if the banner was fake but had some right characters, is it because the leak was Gematsu’d? That would explain the bare background being the original before becoming updated to the cleaner and more detailed background we know from the E3 showcase.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember that Mystic didn't say anything about characters who weren't in, he just confirmed who he was sure about.

The inconsistencies are probably the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom