• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To be honest, I've been shying away from presenting what "team" I'm on, but I can officially say I'm #TeamReal and #TeamSakuraiNeedsToStopSpoilingUsWeDontDeserveHim.
Revealing which side your on is almost comparable to revealing to certain people about your political affiliations - especially if it’s counter to what the people around you believe.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I thought the implication was that since the banner is in panels/tiles, they were using the wrong "mac" panel that has the "vine" bit on his shoe.
Not that they chunked it using image manipulation or anything.

Not that I believe it, but the "green" is along the tile boundary, which is what I thought the point was. Not what you're trying to imply.

Who knows, maybe I misunderstood. Haha.
Either way, it's bogus.
This is the only way this can be true. Because that green does not exist on the version of the banner on the website right now, and has only been spotted in this "glitched" version, two identical versions of the Little Mac section currently exist on the website with the only difference being one has four pixels of green in it.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
IMO, Gamexplain's silence is what finally pushed me from being 50/50 to being team real.
No video discussion, no mention of it during their weekly news roundup, and their podcast is getting cancelled this week.

They were clearly told not to cover this leak, and the only reason they would have been told not to cover it is because its real.

That's my stance as of right now.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
View attachment 173066
If you look at the cuff where Olimar's glove begins in the top left, you can see the cuff is a mixture of 2 color layers: grernish on top and light grey on bottom. Pretty sure the top half of the cuff color matches the little green speck near Little Mac's foot that everyone is up in arms about.
But it's not even close to his foot lol. I'm sure it's just an artifact though

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Like seriously what is up with the attitude of some Internet personalities recently???
Most of them act very weird and if people ask them why they get so defensive and sometimes straight out blame the whole heckin community instead of finding at least some mistakes by themselves or even try to explain things in a polite way but that just doesn't happen. Instead the others are "disrespectful" "act like trump supporters" "Autistic". This is just so rude honestly

KMDP

Smash Legend

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys, ignore the possibility of Isaac for a second.

I think I found the REAL Newcomer they forgot to completely edit out.

Jon from gamexplain did mention playable tetris block.

Guess that leak's real.
:p
- POTENTIALLY BIG UPDATE -

Jon from GameXplain has responded to the claims that GameXplain is being purposefully quiet about the leak

https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1056691773915967488
I'm so glad a 3 worded response that does not explain their completely different believe counts as an explanation.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Jpeg Artifact, kinda like color bleeding, some gray can be used on the scale of green.

View attachment 173055

Also depends of the of Compression of the picture etc...

View attachment 173057

It's just the fold of Little Mac's Boots with JPEG artifacts
I have to sorta disagree but of how JPEG compression work green in that part of the image wouldn't be possible.

Red and Black haven't got any BY component in common. The most common would be for it to go to brown or cyan, not green (there is no blue nearby for it to go to green).

That's why I thought it was genuine.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This. Exactly this. As someone who uses Photoshop every single day at work, I can tell you anyone who knows how to properly layer anything would keep all items separate from one another. There shouldn't be any bleed of any kind on any of the characters if they were properly layered.
View attachment 173066
If you look at the cuff where Olimar's glove begins in the top left, you can see the cuff is a mixture of 2 color layers: greenish on top and light grey on bottom. Pretty sure the top half of the cuff color matches the little green speck near Little Mac's foot that everyone is up in arms about.
Is it just me or is the info literally at war with each other now

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
So, what will be bigger overall? Fans being angry if the leak is fake, or fans going crazy if the leak is real?
Definitely fans being angry.

The leak roster is dream material for most people; you can find Smash 4 fan rosters on DeviantArt from like 2012 with character picks like this. Assuming that this is fake, the faker made a roster specifically to build huge amounts of hype, and it obviously worked. If this turns out to be a hoax, it's going to get messy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the insiders saying this leak is fake, what if they are saying that to purposefully complicate things when they know it is actually real and want to stir discussion to add to the surprise if the leak is actually real?

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
Even if GX has nothing to do with this, it's just so odd that they are barely covering this leak. This is one of the biggest, juiciest leaks I've ever seen. It's such a heated subject. It would literally bring them in so many views if they made a few discussions and analyses of it.

I don't blame people for believing they are trying to cover it up.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Photoshop Pros, is there a way to gather some sort of colour code or gamma for the 4 green pixels and find pixels that match with it quickly or is that impossible.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Even if Gamexplain aknowledges the leak, and do a 45 mins video on it, they're going to do an analysis pointing out why its fake.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Guys
GUYS

Can we just stop with this JPG compression ****? because this is getting too much at first, and I don't want to experience the same when it was "confirmed" but then was countered again, it just keeps repeats for ages.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
D
Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.

Jon: "Conspiracy Theory nonsense"
Someone right under him: "You spend 30 minutes on every random leak and rumour."

I mean, they're not wrong.
lol
They put out a 40 minute video trying to point out where the front door in LM3 is going to be. They're more than willing to waste tons of time on banal nonsense. Something actually interesting comes up, what do they do? "Naw, too blurry bro." At the very least it's an uncharacteristically reasonable thing for them to say.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
That's why his boots are grey. No one use pure black.

Also to stop that dumb Cut things.

View attachment 173064

Lucina Arms is cut in half. Guess Sora is confirmed.

Dude...It's just.
Jpeg compression of a drawing cut in 6 pieces that probably normally do like 5000 pixel wide uncompressed
someones in denial. So the leaker just magically put the Isaac drawing RIGHT at the exact same place the picture was cut, the EXACT ****in pixel. Is that what im hearing?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Okay. At this point I’d say we’ve circled this many times. Respectful reasons to believe this. Respectful reasons to refute it.

I for one, am off to go replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy series. I suggest you all should too. Play something else. Least we go insane.

Seeya!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
About the insiders saying this leak is fake, what if they are saying that to purposefully complicate things when they know it is actually real and want to stir discussion to add to the surprise if the leak is actually real?
And ruin their credibility in the process? They make money off of being reliable sources of information due to their position as insiders why would they throw that away to stir the pot?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Even if GX has nothing to do with this, it's just so odd that they are barely covering this leak. This is one of the biggest, juiciest leaks I've ever seen. It's such a heated subject. It would literally bring them in so many views if they made a few discussions and analyses of it.

I don't blame people for believing they are trying to cover it up.
Unless they have evidence that it's wrong that they can't talk about yet.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
someones in denial. So the leaker just magically put the Isaac drawing RIGHT at the exact same place the picture was cut, the EXACT ****in pixel. Is that what im hearing?
I'm not in Denial, actually I want Isaac, Geno and all of those characters make a perfect roster.
Then go ahead, explain my why Lucina's Arms is broken then? It's literally just Jpeg compression.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sounds about right
There was a problem fetching the tweet
grinch.jpg

The lines are near each of the characters except Ken and Shadow.

From Left to Right on each line: Banjo, Isaac, Mach Rider, Geno, Chorus Kids.

Some lines are bigger stretches than others, but it is certainly interesting.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think there's damage control going on but I do think there's two different sets of info out there.
Problem with GameXplain is that they seems to have really gotten invested in their version.

It's had to say what's what anymore. Been that way for days.
Well, it's GXP's decision not to cover it and, for now, that's their business.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And ruin their credibility in the process? They make money off of being reliable sources of information due to their position as insiders why would they throw that away to stir the pot?
It's just a thought. Maybe not a well constructed one, but a thought nonetheless. Nothing big. Just a what if. Or perhsps stirring the pit wasn't the right word. I meant make it so they add to the surprise if the leak was real, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
1 week guys. 1 more week and we'll be in direct territory.

Please, for the love of Sakurai, can we try to keep it together for 1 more week?

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, even if anyone from GameXplain had info on anything, they would still pretty much be required to not give away anything, right? Honestly, I'm not very convinced they know anything we don't on Ultimate, but it's a possibility, and I can't be surprised when I find out that everything goes against what has openly been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom