• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Jesus. Not even gonna ask how you know that so specifically.

Dee for life tho.
Conspiracy Theory: Androobie Androobie is an Assassin.
Rational Explanation: Androobie works as a Chemist/Doctor or is studying Chemistry/Biology.
Alternative Explanataion: Androobie saw it on TV once.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
View attachment 173066
If you look at the cuff where Olimar's glove begins in the top left, you can see the cuff is a mixture of 2 color layers: greenish on top and light grey on bottom. Pretty sure the top half of the cuff color matches the little green speck near Little Mac's foot that everyone is up in arms about.
This green speck means nothing. If Isaac was originally on the banner all they would do is remove his layer by clicking a button. They didn't edit him out manually and leave traces.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I really hope that we get a Direct announcement soon - I feel like some people are getting pretty close to the Pepe Silvia scene from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, with papers taped to the walls linked together by tacks and string that are covered in writing in an attempt to figure out if this is real or fake.
Yup this is me, although I'm permanently shaking in anticipation.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Even if the leak is true i still think that was just jpeg color bleeding. Usually website assets are low-res so that they'll load faster on all device
The looping versions of the banners are considerably lower res than the press kit versions. I've had to upscale all of them to align them properly in my own collection. It's precisely why I haven't been using these "four pixels are different" arguments in my own comparisons. People like to act like the background comparisons are like the ESRB leak, but this "Mac has a tiny bit of green on his shoe" is so "Wario's portrait bleeds into Game & Watch's" it hurts.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
People want them to either say it's real, or say it's fake and give away why they think so.

The problem with that is that if they're so certain its fake, it's clearly because they have inside info they can't disclose and won't, because disclosing so would be a betrayal to that source. Therefore expecting them to open up about that is completely unreasonable.
There are people here that are certain that it's fake and are giving decent arguments that go way beyond what their video consisted of. Hoping to put some actual effort into the details of a leak this big is in no way asking to much

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I really hope that we get a Direct announcement soon - I feel like some people are getting pretty close to the Pepe Silvia scene from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, with papers taped to the walls linked together by tacks and string that are covered in writing in an attempt to figure out if this is real or fake.
That right there is the roster. Now let's talk about the roster. Can we talk about the roster please, Smashboards? I've been dying to talk about the roster with you all day, okay? Grinch leak, this rumor keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day we're talking about the Grinch leak. Grinch leak, Grinch leak, I look at the forum, the whole thread is about the Grinch leak! So I say to myself I gotta prove it's real. I gotta go up to Sakurai, I gotta see the roster with my own goddamn eyes! Otherwise we'll never get proof, we'll keep going in circles forever! So I go up to Sakurai's office and what do I find out, Smashboards, what do I find out? There is no Grinch leak. The rumor does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh ****, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Grinch leak, you gotta be kidding me, I got pages full of Grinch leak! All right, so I start marching my way down to Geno in SMRPG and I knock on his door and I say, "Geeeno! Geeeeno! I gotta talk to you about the Grinch leak!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn model in that room. There is no Geno in SMRPG. Smashboards, half the characters in this roster have been made up. This game is a goddamn ghost town.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Show me evidence that multiple people saw the site glitch out. Not word of mouth. If multiple people saw this, surely multiple people screenshot it.
I saw a bunch of people on the Smash reddit saying they saw it, doubt anyone screenshotted it since most brushed it off as a glitch.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm currently nearly 30 pages back so I don't know if anyone brought this up or not in regard to PapaGenos' theory, but Banjo being added after E3 in place of Incineroar is simply a developmental impossibility; from Sakurai's own words a new Smash character takes over a year to create, no amount of rushing is getting a unique Banjo into an acceptable working state within a few months. Being the age of DLC, a Brawl Sonic situation is also just not going to happen again; Sonic was added mid-development in Brawl because it was add him then or never, they couldn't add him later through DLC. Additionally getting Banjo in Smash is a big deal, but still not anywhere near as big as Sonic was back in Brawl, who was the most requested character for Smash by such a massive margin and had the whole Mario vs. Sonic deal behind him.

If both the Grinch leak and Incineroar are true, it's just far more simply that Incineroar was a low priority character that couldn't be finished in time for the base game, or was a character deliberately decided later for frontline DLC because Sakurai didn't want to again decide a latest gen Pokemon newcomer before their game was even public knowledge. There is no "Banjo was added late in development and replaced Incineroar" going on.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The looping versions of the banners are considerably lower res than the press kit versions. I've had to upscale all of them to align them properly in my own collection. It's precisely why I haven't been using these "four pixels are different" arguments in my own comparisons. People like to act like the background comparisons are like the ESRB leak, but this "Mac has a tiny bit of green on his shoe" is so "Wario's portrait bleeds into Game & Watch's" it hurts.
That's my issue with all of these leaks honestly, people clinge to it being real, or want it to be real so much that they try to use the fault of ESRB to mock any counter argument.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
This green speck means nothing. If Isaac was originally on the banner all they would do is remove his layer by clicking a button. They didn't edit him out manually.
Except that the website is literally updated in chunks, not by layers or the whole picture. It's been a thing of Japanese sites for years. Thsy do that so people won't steal the banners (not that it is impossible tbf)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ain't believing anything until someone shows game footage or it's revealed by its own merit.

Better to be safe than sorry. Even 99% can still fail. :4ness:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That right there is the roster. Now let's talk about the roster. Can we talk about the roster please, Smashboards? I've been dying to talk about the roster with you all day, okay? Grinch leak, this rumor keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day we're talking about the Grinch leak. Grinch leak, Grinch leak, I look at the forum, the whole thread is about the Grinch leak! So I say to myself I gotta prove it's real. I gotta go up to Sakurai, I gotta see the roster with my own goddamn eyes! Otherwise we'll never get proof, we'll keep going in circles forever! So I go up to Sakurai's office and what do I find out, Smashboards, what do I find out? There is no Grinch leak. The rumor does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh ****, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Grinch leak, you gotta be kidding me, I got pages full of Grinch leak! All right, so I start marching my way down to Geno in SMRPG and I knock on his door and I say, "Geeeno! Geeeeno! I gotta talk to you about the Grinch leak!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn model in that room. There is no Geno in SMRPG. Smashboards, half the characters in this roster have been made up. This game is a goddamn ghost town.
It's a conspiracy I tells ya

Untouch

Smash Master
I had a theory that if fake, the leaker used the looping banner as it explains why he missed one of the castles (they're covered by Pichu in the looping banner),
If that is the case, the leaker would know where the seams begin, and may have noticed these issues himself.
This is pretty galaxybrain of him if he did do this though.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
jo guys i dont know if you have noticed this, but on the banner leak right next to the supposed skull kid they changed roys cape from purple to blue, to ake the fairy stand out a bit more. it makes sense to me and also that means that there has been a tweak to roy

i dont know if ppl actually pointed this out

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
How are you guys gonna react if the leak is real

Especially team fake for this question
If the leak is real, I genuinely don't think I'll ever need another Smash game again. There will always be a few characters that I'd like to see like Dixie and an ARMS rep, but this game would have every single one of my most wanted characters. It'd be as close to perfect as possible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly I’d just be pissed that Choir kids made it in before Chibi Robo or another F-Zero character
The fact you got their name wrong begs the question of why you would when people are gonna assume you know nothing about 'em. :072:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I'm currently nearly 30 pages back so I don't know if anyone brought this up or not in regard to PapaGenos' theory, but Banjo being added at E3 in place of Incineroar is simply a developmental impossibility; from Sakurai's own words a new Smash character takes over a year to create, no amount of rushing is getting a unique Banjo into an acceptable working state within a few months. Being the age of DLC, a Brawl Sonic situation is also just not going to happen again; Sonic was added mid-development in Brawl because it was add him then or never, they couldn't add him later through DLC. Additionally getting Banjo in Smash is a big deal, but still not anywhere near as big as Sonic was back in Brawl, who was the most requested character for Smash by such a massive margin and had the whole Mario vs. Sonic deal behind him.

If both the Grinch leak and Incineroar are true, it's just far more simply that Incineroar was a low priority character that couldn't be finished in time for the base game, or was a character deliberately decided later for frontline DLC because Sakurai didn't want to again decide a latest gen Pokemon newcomer before their game was even public knowledge. There is no "Banjo was added late in development and replaced Incineroar" going on.
This is correct. Sakurai did not rush back to Japan to finish Banjo, the game would have been delayed. All the characters were probably already in a working state before E3.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Conspiracy Theory: Androobie Androobie Androobie Androobie is an Assassin.
Rational Explanation: Androobie works as a Chemist/Doctor or is studying Chemistry/Biology.
Alternative Explanataion: Androobie saw it on TV once.
All I'm saying is I'm not pissing off Androobie Androobie anytime soon.

There are people here that are certain that it's fake and are giving decent arguments that go way beyond what their video consisted of. Hoping to put some actual effort into the details of a leak this big is in no way asking to much
Okay, they could just repeat those talking points, but my point is that I doubt they have any more to add (obviously without divulging their info), and if they're certain the leak is fake they're not going to put in that time just to repeat what people have already said.

What I do think is that it's curious that they'd turn down the opportunity to do so when they'd no doubt make a decent amount of money off of the discussion video. That is definitely a valid point that I don't see brought up too often.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I am on team skeptical you know the saying I am like Saint Thomas I only believe what I saw, until I saw actually gameplay footage of those character I'll stay on the fence. Even though I have to admit this leak is kind of tempting to believe.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
jo guys i dont know if you have noticed this, but on the banner leak right next to the supposed skull kid they changed roys cape from purple to blue, to ake the fairy stand out a bit more. it makes sense to me and also that means that there has been a tweak to roy

i dont know if ppl actually pointed this out
Okay, but Skull Kid isn't even in the banner? He's like Kos Mos people just wanting to see a character that isn't there.

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet
This green speck means nothing. If Isaac was originally on the banner all they would do is remove his layer by clicking a button. They didn't edit him out manually and leave traces.
Keep in mind, this was a different file with only 1 pixel even remotely hinting at who was removed. It's very likely they simply didn't notice that pixel and didn't bother removing that layer

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but Skull Kid isn't even in the banner? He's like Kos Mos people just wanting to see a character that isn't there.
i can make him somewhat out on that, and looking closely i can also see a purple point with white winglike stuff behind it, sooooo i can see skull kid there

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is the only way this can be true. Because that green does not exist on the version of the banner on the website right now, and has only been spotted in this "glitched" version, two identical versions of the Little Mac section currently exist on the website with the only difference being one has four pixels of green in it.
Late response but yeah.
I think it's a little absurd even for me, but eh.

The blog has ****ed up before so

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I can’t buy the Grinch leak until official word, but damn it I’d be lying if I told you it wasn’t getting me hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom