• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Wait, it makes sense, that's why at the end of the Direct the mural wasnt updated as well?
The mural wasn't updated in the Direct, but it was updated in a separate tweet by Sakurai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqS7EOHV3Ic
Still, it begs the question: why not during the Direct? Could the edited banner (without Issac) not have been ready for the reproduction of the Direct? Did Sakurai instead commission it to tweet it out after the airing?
It is definitely odd.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
With all the discussion about Isaac's placement I noticed a little detail that actually works really well with his placement.

You have Little Mac, Ike, and Lucario surrounding him all in a 'ready to fight' stance.

Perhaps it's a little theme of Brawler(Little Mac), Swordfighter(Ike), Mage(Isaac), and Rogue(Lucario).

This just makes so much sense to me and is an amazing touch if this is real.
YOU STOP THIS INSTANT

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hm.

So like I said discussing the earthquake thing makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't really care whether it's "logical" for me to feel that way or not

But...

• Isaac's spot in the mural matches up with the messed up bit in Isabelle's mural.
  • The mural not being at the end of the Direct makes complete sense if they had to tug it out and modify it.
  • The potentially Golden Sun item being plopped into the Wendy's trailer makes much more sense if Isaac was intended to be revealed with it.
  • The drought would've been far lessened if we got 2 characters, especially Isaac. I think Sakurai would be aware of this.
  • The box would make much more sense if 2 newcomers were to be revealed in the Direct.

...still teamfake...but...
Seriously, after every bit of evidence for it, after all this... you're still team fake??

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, get your tin foil hats on, y'all.

Going through the fireden archives, it was an actual glitch that happened, the exact spot where Isaac is on the Grinch banner. Isaac could have been in the Direct along with Isabelle. It's why there's probably two blank spots on the box--Isabelle and Isaac. It all fits together.

Complete BS speculation. But, if I were to be honest, it kinda makes sense to me. Feel free to nitpick and bring me back down to Earth.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:, probably multiple times. Maybe I'm not so crazy.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Hm.

So like I said discussing the earthquake thing makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't really care whether it's "logical" for me to feel that way or not

But...

• Isaac's spot in the mural matches up with the messed up bit in Isabelle's mural.
  • The mural not being at the end of the Direct makes complete sense if they had to tug it out and modify it.
  • The potentially Golden Sun item being plopped into the Wendy's trailer makes much more sense if Isaac was intended to be revealed with it.
  • The drought would've been far lessened if we got 2 characters, especially Isaac. I think Sakurai would be aware of this.
  • The box would make much more sense if 2 newcomers were to be revealed in the Direct.

...still teamfake...but...
Could you point the "strange zone" you talk about? I can't seem to find anything strange in the spot Isaac should be in the official website bnner.

Nvm, just saw a post at the end of the page pointing at it :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're reaching a point now where if this is fake, whoever did it was a genius.

Like, unless that image is edited to make it look like it works, it totally fits the dimensions of Isaacs drawing from the leak.

What the peck is happening.

beans

Smash Lord
WOW, THAT ****ING ISAAC THEORY COMING BACK FROM THE ****ING DEAD.
It shows that you cant bury a Venus Adept.
This is really hype now

KMDP

Smash Legend
Current mood:

"It's only theories. Yeah, theories! There's no proof, no reason to get excited...ha...ha...I mean, there's not really any reason to believe there's 5 unique characters left, and all...5...are ones I want...and would be extremely happy for...Heh, right."

"..."

"WHERE'S THE PECKIN' DIRECT NINTENDO, JUST END THE MADNESS NOW!"
Keep in mind that, had they not had to pull Isaac from the September Direct (in theory), then there would have been 4 (+2) characters to reveal in the Smash Direct, which is more manageable.
I was shamed for even bringing it up, so...
J'accuse, KirbyWorshipper!
WOW, THAT ****ING ISAAC THEORY COMING BACK FROM THE ****ING DEAD.
It shows that you cant bury a Venus Adept.
This is really hype now
You can't bury a Venus Adept because he'll just move the soil out of the way.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
With all this stuff coming up, ACP removing the video, Isabelle banner being poorly cropped EXACTLY where Isaac is on the banner leak, and the more detail we find with the leak, I’m 100% thinking this is real.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
With all the discussion about Isaac's placement I noticed a little detail that actually works really well with his placement.

You have Little Mac, Ike, and Lucario surrounding him all in a 'ready to fight' stance.

Perhaps it's a little theme of Brawler(Little Mac), Swordfighter(Ike), Mage(Isaac), and Rogue(Lucario).

That sounds like a very Nintendo thing to do.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Actually, thinking it over a little more. The direct was delayed by an entire week, it's very much possible that they could have made a proper banner edit by then, and what was happening on the website was simply an odd oversight. That said, I still think this theory is very much plausible, if only because of Sakurai's own words that they could not use the original draft planned for September because of what happened.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Reminder: It's also possible that the glitch was just a glitch, the box theory is as we thought it was until now and they delayed the direct to be respectful.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Seriously, after every bit of evidence for it, after all this... you're still team fake??
Yep, I am.
Can't explain away some Battlefield disrepancies.
Incineroar and the insiders against it.
The character not even in the mural.

As I told you yesterday Jacob, I want this to be real. So. Badly. Geno's my 2nd most wanted, B&K is my "never even considered" most wanted, I love the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider would be badass, Shadow's a most wanted, Ken's cool and Isaac for his fans.

But like I've said time and time again...I'm not gonna let my heart be broken.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
The Olimar/Little Mac banner thing is just a browser cache problem if anything.
It wasn't a browser thing. The website just looked like that in general for a little while.

This would just be too much of a coincidence imo

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m going to do exactly what I don’t care for.

Can someone explain to me where this crop came from? I know why it matters but where did it come from?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, I know this is exciting, but we still need to answer and reconfirm a very important question:

Was the banner REALLY messed up in that position after Isabelle was revealed?

I found that the banner was indeed messed up after the 8.8 direct, but I don't seem to remember anyone seeing it after Isabelle. Anyone have any ideas? Any posts about it? Literally anything more substantial than a 4chan post?

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
This is a conspiracy theory I can get behind.

Funny how this leak is making us discover stuff from months ago.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Actually, thinking it over a little more. The direct was delayed by an entire week, it's very much possible that they could have made a proper banner edit by then, and what was happening on the website was simply an odd oversight. That said, I still think this theory is very much plausible, if only because of Sakurai's own words that they could not use the original draft planned for September because of what happened.

I wasn't buying it at first, because Nintendo definitely had time to change it, andit would be strange not to put the fixed version on the site too. What sells it to me 100% is the fact that the cut off is exactly where Isaac would've been. Also, the fact that many people have apparently noticed that the version on the site had Little Mac cropped weirdly and brushed it off.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice

This is sounding more and more like like something nintends would do. I seriously think the leak is true now. For me, this is the final nail in the coffin that 100% gets me to believe the grinch. This leak is looking more and more legit by the day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that, had they not had to pull Isaac from the August Direct (in theory), then there would have been 4 (+2) characters to reveal in the Smash Direct, which is more manageable.

J'accuse, KirbyWorshipper!

You can't bury a Venus Adept because he'll just move the soil out of the way.
I mean I didn't even do anything wrong, someone got really sensitive when I simply brought up the theory, as if I didn't care about the people that died in the disaster. :(

Incoming Bayo hate comments in 3... 2...1...
I found it a really good fight, especially given :ultlittlemac:has no weapons.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Shoot. When will I be able to upload media? This is taking so long :/
Well anyways, This is for you Issac fans (but you'll own me some Goemon shout outs and help too). Now although i have zero interest on any of those leaked 7, and I don't like it that they get to be in before Goemon (unfair), but here's something that strengthen you earth quick theory.

Similarly, in Japan about a couple of years ago, that same thing happened. They stopped the broadcast of One Piece (famous anime) episodes of the grand war. Why you ask? Because there was a pirate leading that war called White Beard, and he had the GuruGuru (earthquick) power. He causes earthquicks to defeat his enemies (well, the government). Anyways, the broadcaster saw it's unfitting to broadcast those episodes during those moments when people are still suffering the aftermath. This is usual courtesy in Japan, don't question it.

Again, I hate for this leak to be real (Goemon's not in), but boy it sounds so real.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Why do some people feel like it’s inappropriate to suggest Isaac was removed due to the earthquake? People who had that thought process were saying that because they agreed it would be in poor taste to show a reveal trailer of the earth shaking after such a horrible disaster.

And it would make sense. We’ve had examples of Pokémon episodes being unaired because of natural disasters so it’s not like it’s unheard of. I’m still on the fence about the idea, but this evidence obviously makes me think twice.

And I think most people would agree Isaac was not replaced by Isabelle. She was likely to be there anyways for the AC announcement. Isaac just may have been planned to be revealed also. Maybe he was intended to start the Direct. That Luigi’s Mansion 3 trailer seemed pretty out of place as awesome as it was.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Guys, I know this is exciting, but we still need to answer and reconfirm a very important question:

Was the banner REALLY messed up in that position after Isabelle was revealed?

I found that the banner was indeed messed up after the 8.8 direct, but I don't seem to remember anyone seeing it after Isabelle. Anyone have any ideas?
Yea gang let's get to work on this before anything else imho.
Could be faked.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Wait a second.

What if the Sprout item (the one on the Wendy's trailer) was supposed to be shown in the Isaac Direct, and that's why the footage of it wasn't deemed as such a big deal? It would make complete sense for an item that's been already shown to appear in the footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom