• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna know how the **** Spawn Wave is so confident in a Game Awards reveal. Literally no other insider is saying anything about that, but these same insiders broke the news about 2 Nintendo Directs when Spawn knew about this 4 weeks ago. He HAS to know something we don't, he always does somehow.

Plus, how the hell he's gotten insanely good sources that EVEN OTHER PEOPLE use to try and get notoriety from? Like, you can tell that aside from every other insider, at least Spawn tries to be humble about it. But being humble for having what practically is an Undertaker-esque streak of getting everything right in some way shape or form this year is what makes me so astounded and on Team Real for Sora @ The Game Awards.

My question is why would they reveal a character the night before the game releases? On top of the fact Japan will probably already have the game out before said awards making the announcement null and void?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
Tbh, as long as it's not the cardboard box, I'm cool with the others.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
Who want some ticket to this fight on a day where leak was proven true or false? I got popcorn so huge to share with you all.

majora_787

Smash Hero
My question is why would they reveal a character the night before the game releases? On top of the fact Japan will probably already have the game out before said awards making the announcement null and void?
After 4 revealed characters after the game's release, a night-before reveal wouldn't be... the MOST outlandish thing, I guess. We'll just have to see.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Let emphasis

If she says the garbage that's it. She's an OG.
Emily Rogers has a track record with more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese. She's probably one of the least convincing insiders to come out against this leak.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol no. He's not confident enough to do something like this. He was only good at bull****ing by doing vague hints that were wrong.
don't be so serious about it

Not believing this leak doesn't mean you have to believe in box theory, btw

Most insiders seem to be suggesting that we're getting more than just box theory characters anyway
NO
YOU EITHER BELIEVE IN ONE OR THE OTHER
OR THE OTHER OTHER I GUESS
WELL MAYBE THE WORLD ISN'T BLACK OR WHITE

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
The fans.
OH SHOOT! The fans are BLOWING AWAY the competition!
DF-2331W-9in-desk-fan.jpg

Please end me..

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Because Incineroar wasn't the most speculated Pokémon until recent months.

That's what makes the whole idea of Incineroar being chosen as bait seem strange and insulting.
If they were to pick anyone for bait, they would have gone with Decidueye.
Insulting? This is just a video game and I’m speculating.
I don’t understand how the timing of releasing a bait leak changes anything. What’s stopping Nintendo from releasing a combination of real and fake characters to Vergeben’s source (who made Incineroar a popular pick)?

I’m not against his inclusion.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Can someone do this please:

Print the E3 background out on a sheet of paper like in the leak.

Then test it by actually using Snapchat. Not filters through different programs. Snapchat itself. If the background is the same like some are suggesting, we should be able to recreate similar results.

Try different phones if we can to see if theres a difference.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
Dude you should chill with your insider stuff...
so many insiders agreeing is extremely rare so they could be easily baited by Nintendo.
You should also consider that Smash is the only game where leaks really hurt Nintendo and you would think that if Nintendos other current games are not leaked especially Smash would not be known by so many people.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
This is probably an annoying question but has anything changed since last night? Idk if I want to go through so many pages to find out any more.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Okay, calm down buddy... Let's not get too mad over a leak that hasn't even been confirmed to be real yet...
for all we know, this could be a very well done fake...
I think its fake, and remember any insult about any character Im not interested in.. Just a work.

Oh and btw...

Ringside Reporter w Wrestler > Chorus Kids

Chorus Kids should be a assist trophy because Ringside Reporter is a much better choice as a fighter, because wrestling.

D

Deleted member

It'd still be a day/couple of hours before Smash launches, it's releasing worldwide across the board, after all.

Now kiss
Also I'm not a fan of the hating on insiders thing that's been going on but oh my god Robertson's an ***, thanks Spawn
Every insider kinda has a personality to try and stand out from the crowd. But in return, it makes their record a biiit iffy.

Spawn's just like "hey here you go, I knew this before y'all weeks after, back to the news grind lol" and moves on to the next one getting everything right lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not leak-related, but I saw that Bayo has a Jeanne alt, so Jeanne as an Echo is deconfirmed, at least for base game, right?

That's what makes the whole idea of Incineroar being chosen as bait seem strange and insulting.
If they were to pick anyone for bait, they would have gone with Decidueye, who was the most speculated Pokémon for quite some time.
You Bring up a really good point...
Maybe they chose the bait character near the begging of development or something?
I don't know... lol

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
This is probably an annoying question but has anything changed since last night? Idk if I want to go through so many pages to find out any more.
Not really. I doubt anything is gonna change until we get a direct or something. I doubt the leaker is going to post anything else, and Nintendo is taking their sweet time with announcements.

Pakky

Smash Hero

If they were to pick anyone for bait, they would have gone with Decidueye, who was the most speculated Pokémon for quite some time.
Exactly or the wolf based on its presence.

This tiger hate is baffling. People say he's boring when his category is a personality.

I mean you bring up mountains of evidence and the only response they can muster is "nah bruh wolf though"

tveye

Smash Journeyman
GameXplain just now made it video about the 32 player mode. Looks like they're skipping right over the Grinch leaked, it's not been delayed for a bigger video or anything
Why would you even want to watch them discuss it? Andre's already made it clear that he thinks anyone who believes it sounds like a Trump voter. Whatever that means.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Dude you should chill with your insider stuff...
so many insiders agreeing is extremely rare so they could be easily baited by Nintendo.
You should also consider that Smash is the only game where leaks really hurt Nintendo and you would think that if Nintendos other current games are not leaked especially Smash would not be known by so many people.

I'm actually TeamHHHMMMM and hope the leak is real because it have Isaac in it and tons of fan favorite, I'm just being a messager and give news from other websites, fake leaks/ leaks and Insiders here.

I've been doing so since Like...March?

Also you know.

It's called making a joke.

A meme

Should have been obvious with me adding the cardboard box.

The true winner here.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Emily Rogers on team fake it seems

View attachment 172691
And this is the person who literally described what was formerly known as Smash Switch as "the Ultimate Smash game", so I wouldn't even try downplaying her credibility and saying we have no reason to listen to her.

Interesting that Emily is on Team Fake though. She could easily be wrong, but since we have so many other reliable sources saying the same thing, I can't help but think there's more to this Grinch leak than we see.

KMDP

Smash Legend

But...

Maybe they chose Incineroar because very few people were discussing him seriously:

People are expecting a Pokémon Newcomer, regardless of whether or not we actually get one.

Why not pick one that's not being discussed heavily? That way, the amount of people who are saddened by it's lack of inclusion is minimised.

Obviously, they can't just pick anyone, they have to pick someone that makes sense.

Incineroar would fit all these criteria.
(Regardless: I kind of expect Incineroar's in as DLC, if the Grinch leak is real and indicative of the final base roster).

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario

from what i seen on reddit, people always speculated that incineroar as the most likely choice, but people wanted decidueye more. there’s a difference between wanting a character and speculating.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Emily Rogers has a track record with more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese. She's probably one of the least convincing insiders to come out against this leak.
Yeah but whew something this BIG wouldn't be dismissed so easily by someone like her.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Why would you even want to watch them discuss it? Andre's already made it clear that he thinks anyone who believes it sounds like a Trump voter. Whatever that means.
Honestly explaining it would be poor in taste in light of the bombing threats.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And this is the person who literally described what was formerly known as Smash Switch as "the Ultimate Smash game", so I wouldn't even try downplaying her credibility and saying we have no reason to listen to her.

Interesting that Emily is on Team Fake though. She could easily be wrong, but since we have so many other reliable sources saying the same thing, I can't help but think there's more to this Grinch leak than we see.
I don't think anyone's saying Emily's not at /all/ reliable. She's gotten things right.
But she has gotten things wrong quite a bit as well. More than the insiders we've been depending on lately like Verge and Spawn that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

Insulting? This is just a video game and I’m speculating.
I don’t understand how the timing of releasing a bait leak changes anything. What’s stopping Nintendo from releasing a combination of real and fake characters to Vergeben’s source (who made Incineroar a popular pick)?

I’m not against his inclusion.
You're not understanding what I'm saying.
By insulting, I'm saying that the idea of using Incineroar as bait is insulting on Nintendo's part because it would do nothing but falsely raise hopes for fans who have quietly accepted that this speculation cycle was Decidueye-dominant.

As for timing, timing is everything.
You're saying Nintendo released a bait leak because Incineroar became a big topic in Smash speculation.
Problem is, Incineroar only became a big topic in Smash speculation BECAUSE of said supposed "bait leaks".
That makes the whole premise completely illogical.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm actually TeamHHHMMMM and hope the leak is real because it have Isaac in it and tons of fan favorite, I'm just being a messager and give news from other websites, fake leaks/ leaks and Insiders here.
...You're a VERGEBEN! The one we've been searching for!

Cb3VmJsUYAAhGMR.jpg

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Well he's not wrong, since both #TeamRealers and Trump voters got/will get what they wanted in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom