• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
This is the argument most of the artist have been giving for 3 days but somehow it isn’t relevant to people who want to believe.
This is how it goes, isn't it? People lie to themselves to make it seem more real. Apparently you have to be literally sociopathic to pick a random name off of LinkedIn.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but he seems to say that there might be a new feature for Online that will also involve that. It's possible there could be a unannounced mode.
There's no way Switch can show 32 characters on screen simultaneously, online or not.

D

Deleted member

Online tourney? Up to 32 players? At ultimate?
Hmmm
Online tournaments utilizing the actual tournament mode would be fantastic if done right. Crossing my fingers this is accurate info.

Honestly, I'm just hoping they finally nail Smash online. Nintendo not utilizing servers isn't what makes Smash's online not work well from what I understand (games like Splatoon and Mario Kart are the ones that would benefit from that more). Most fighting games use P2P, so I'm not sure why Smash always suffered with connection issues.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I want everyone to take the time and read this. Usually, Super Smash Bros is for eight players, even online, but apparently in this game, the online mode will have/be up to 32 players.

Could there be a new online mode?
Probably, either way
DmG-uuhVsAEr1Dv.jpg

Iridium

Smash Hero
Online tournaments utilizing the actual tournament mode would be fantastic if done right. Crossing my fingers this is accurate info.

Honestly, I'm just hoping they finally nail Smash online. Nintendo not utilizing servers isn't what makes Smash's online not work well from what I understand (games like Splatoon and Mario Kart are the ones that would benefit from that more). Most fighting games use P2P, so I'm not sure why Smash always suffered with connection issues.
I honestly don't understand what's with the connection issues, but I'm simply considering using Ethernet or a wired connection at this point, if it helps a tremendous amount.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

One second I think the Grinch Leak is real, the next I think it's fake, but then another details come back that make me think there is more...

Mon dieu, good thing I didn't follow the ESRB leak that much in detail, 'cuz with that I am feeling right now, I wouldn't be able to handle the debate when the ESRB leak was still strong.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
There's no way Switch can show 32 characters on screen simultaneously, online or not.
But what if (if the leak is true) all 8 players are Chorus Kids and all 3 of the kids + the conductor are all on the stage at the same time?
My god. Just typing that sounds insane.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
I just want to share this. I thought it was interesting and from what I’m aware of in this thread (the thread been moving fast so it’s hard to catch up) that this have not been talked about. So anyone thoughts on this being a possibility for the banner leak?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I usually hate conspiracy theory stuff. but GameXplain definitely knows what's going on with this leak.

They *always* do specific discussion videos on big leaks like this, but we didn't get one from them this time.
In addition, they posted their general weekly discussion today and they didn't even MENTION the leak. Not even a simple acknowledgment. These general weekly discussion videos usually cover everything Smash related that came out during the week.

The update video they posted when the leak first surfaced was uncharacteristically dismissive for them. They just said it was fake because it was "too blurry" and moved on.

It definitely feels like they're actively avoiding discussing it for whatever reason.

Just getting weird vibes from them with this leak.
I said this the other day, Gamexplain absolutely know the truth and my bet is they know its real. Its not even a conspiracy no matter how much someone may argue it isn't.

I've followed GX for years, this is not the GX that talks Smash, they are purposefully avoiding this and it's painfully obvious. Its one of the many reasons I think its real.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Well with GameXplain its weird. Its just the radio silence on their part that is confusing to me. To not even MENTION it during their 45 minute long weekly news roundup was just super bizarre. Even if all 4 of their main members didn't believe the leak, they would have at least talked about it.
I dunno if Nintendo is paying them to keep their mouths shut or what. Its just very strange.
That has to be what it is. That's why I think this leak is even more legit.

What I really wanna know though is why everyone stopped investigating the Eric situation and how come nobody has researched further into the other company he works for, or assumed that the first company were only denying any involvement with Nintendo because they didn't wanna break NDA.

Seriously, the trail just kinda stopped. What, were both companies just not answering calls, or...? I know some people said that promotional displays are made internally at Bandai/Nintendo, but I don't buy that for some reason.

We still have work to do, boys. Let's keep following those bread crumbs.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I just want to share this. I thought it was interesting and from what I’m aware of in this thread (the thread been moving fast so it’s hard to catch up) that this have not been talked about. So anyone thoughts on this being a possibility for the banner leak?
My thoughts are that it's all a photoshopped Little Mac.

Seriously though, someone should just print out a photo of the e3 background, put it in a room with bad lighting and then take multiple snapchat videos of it and see how that goes. Recreate the conditions as perfect as possible.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I said this the other day, Gamexplain absolutely know the truth and my bet is they know its real. Its not even a conspiracy no matter how much someone may argue it isn't.

I've followed GX for years, this is not the GX that talks Smash, they are purposefully avoiding this and it's painfully obvious. Its one of the many reasons I think its real.
Same. I've followed their content for the longest time and this is just not like them at **all**.
Whether the leak is real or fake, they know the truth. And they aren't talking about it because they can't just sit there and discuss it like they don't know anything.

Like I said, I don't like conspiracy theories at all, but as a long-time GX viewer, something is absolutely up with them.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Maybe they are avoiding speaking of the leak so to not let down fans if it turns out fake? (Assuming they know it’s fake) But then, why not go out of their way to say it’s completely false?

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
I love how Melee's trophies introduced me to so many weird and wonderful characters. Brawl, too. For some reason, I didn't get drawn into the trophies anywhere near as much in Smash 4...

BRB I'm gonna go trophy binge.
It's funny you mention that, I was reading the Melee trophies on ssbwiki.com last night because I really enjoy the models that smash games make for NES characters like Balloon Fight and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468

What I really wanna know though is why everyone stopped investigating the Eric situation and how come nobody has researched further into the other company he works for, or assumed that the first company were only denying any involvement with Nintendo because they didn't wanna break NDA.

Seriously, the trail just kinda stopped. What, were both companies just not answering calls, or...? I know some people said that promotional displays are made internally at Bandai/Nintendo, but I don't buy that for some reason.

Well it's the weekend so it's safe to assume the company and Eric are enjoying said weekend right now...

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

Because his life is probably ****ed enough as it is and he doesn't need more rabid smash mouthbreathers harassing him and his place of employment?

Cmon, I'm sure we can learn info by just Facebook messaging him or dialing up his place of work. They'll TOTALLY spill all the beans to some random from Smashboards right!?

Yeah, no. That's why we stopped. The details on Eric and his place of employment are too confusing and contradictory and this man's life doesn't need to be pried apart any more than it already has been.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Maybe they are avoiding speaking of the leak so to not let down fans if it turns out fake? (Assuming they know it’s fake) But then, why not go out of their way to say it’s completely false?
I've considered that, but that's never stopped them before. If a leak gets traction, they always do a discussion. Even if the whole video just consists of them ripping it to shreds and unanimously agreeing that its fake.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Because his life is probably ****ed enough as it is and he doesn't need more rabid smash mouthbreathers harassing him and his place of employment?

Cmon, I'm sure we can learn info by just Facebook messaging him or dialing up his place of work. They'll TOTALLY spill all the beans to some random from Smashboards right!?

Yeah, no. That's why we stopped. The details on Eric and his place of employment are too confusing and contradictory and this man's life doesn't need to be pried apart any more than it already has been.
So did we figure out if promotional materials are handled internally at Bandai/Nintendo? I know I've seen a few people say they are, but how can we be sure this is fact?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I mean...

He did make a bet to sit in a puddle of water if the leak was true, and look like he's still as confident as ever.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Gotta agree with you there

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
It's funny you mention that, I was reading the Melee trophies on ssbwiki.com last night because I really enjoy the models that smash games make for NES characters like Balloon Fight and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land
I think that, we found interesting the melee trophies cause the internet was not a big thing back then, or at least in my country, so the info on the trophie description was really a novelty and curious facts... (and personally, the trophies made me learn english when I was a child... lol)

Now with SSB4 they are just... meh, cause you already have the info in one click.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So did we figure out if promotional materials are handled internally at Bandai/Nintendo? I know I've seen a few people say they are, but how can we be sure this is fact?
Not by calling Eric's place of employment, that's for sure.

We can look back into prior smash cycles and see if Nintendo/Bandai ever outsourced promotional materials but honestly even if they did, that has little bearing on how they're doing things this time around.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

I wouldn’t say they know its real. They all seem dead set on it being fake because no Incineroar, and if anything they’re just unsure. If they’re not covering it because of Nintendo, they’re better off playing it safe on the off chance that it’s real than prancing it around.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
We need to stop calling them insiders and start calling them what they actually are: Shills.
Well try to look at it this way-
If your entire job revolves around covering Nintendo news, and Nintendo specifically tells you "hey, if you talk about this thing, we're cutting ties with you", then what exactly are they supposed to do?

Like, they'd be in real trouble if Nintendo stopped sending them review codes, stopped inviting them to preview events, etc.
It might not even be about money. It could be about their standing with the company.

If my entire job relied upon having a good relationship with a company, and the company asked me not to cover something or it would damage our relationship, I'm not sure what I'd do.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I mean...

He did make a bet to sit in a puddle of water if the leak was true, and look like he's still as confident as ever.
Yeah, he made these sort of joke bets about Ridley aswell, it's pretty clear he's heard something different from the leak. He's obviously just one of the GameXplain crew though, and likely not the only one there who has heard something, so who knows.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn’t say they know its real. They all seem dead set on it being fake because no Incineroar, and if anything they’re just unsure. If they’re not covering it because of Nintendo, they’re better off playing it safe on the off chance that it’s real than prancing it around.
Someone Called Ryce on era that seems really trustwhorthy for people in this place said that
"Ryce said: ↑
None of that matters to me. The Grinch roster has practically nothing in common with the roster that I was shown a few months ago by someone I consider very trustworthy, and that's why I'm calling bull**** on it. You're free to believe what you want, but please remember in a few weeks that some of us tried to warn you."
So this could the same for Gamexplain or even all insiders on Era.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I realized something

-This leak seems to have some huge ties to France...
-The upcoming Grinch movie was made by a studio called Illumination Entertainment. For Illumination's films, they outsource the animation to France to cut costs...
- Illumination is already working with Nintendo to develop a Mario movie...

Guys, I figured it out!
the Grinch is a prophet...
It all makes sense!

Last edited:

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
The difference between the Grinch leak and the ESRB leak for me is that when the ESRB leaked there was not a doubt in my mind that it was real after they showed the video footage of it. With this leak, while I’m Team Real, I’m totally aware that there is a chance that it could be fake. I think we really need to wait this one out, as the only way it can be proven real/fake is if there is something revealed that completely debunks/confirms it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Same thing happened with esrb leak man

Nintendo did nothing about the sue wasn’t till after the game came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom