• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright one of you shoppers get to it
i made a promise to myself that I'm not actually gonna put any effort into this so no :smirk:

This is correct. My problem starts when people being to hold those second two over other people and act holier-than-thou due to that.
i can't help being so right that reality bends to my will, ponycorn.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright guys, I've got the real leak confirmed. You may not want to accept it, but multiple reliable insiders like my mother and the smashboards staff told me about it, hopefully they don't ban me.

look at the smashboards blurb, it all makes sense now! :surprised:
I T S
R E A L

Just like Big Marring

download.jpg

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
i made a promise to myself that I'm not actually gonna put any effort into this so no :smirk:

i can't help being so right that reality bends to my will, ponycorn.
Is that your anime power?

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
And Omni did show a curious point against the Leak... Suprising. Go ahead and look at the whole thread.

Basically, he explained how it could have been done, and how, by PURE COINCIDENCE, the only part that have error between all Battlefield version/E3 empty version and the Leak one are the spots where the characters's are still hiding stuff between version, and where the leaker would have to guess if this is fake.
Wouldn't it be less guessing and more them screwing up and not seeing the empty version? I think someone stated there had been an empty version sometime around E3 momentarily before everyone popped in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don’t understand why the grinch render has anything to do with the leak I don’t recall or this person claiming “hey these are grinch renders never seen before”

The real smoking gun will be the next character reveal if it’s not a character from the banner or the character has the wrong pose then we can say it’s fake

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
At this point, I've given up most hope I had for this leak and I'm just assuming we're getting Ken and Incineroar. That's it.
Why? Because this is honestly just annoying to me now. The leak at this stage seems to me like an old chair that people keep throwing away but someone every time finds it and tries to restore it the best they can until it eventually breaks once again and the process repeats.

And well, I can see that if things stay the same, this discussion about the Grinch leak is not gonna end for at least another week and a half most likely. Add onto that the fact that I'm tired of this leak, even as a Geno + Banjo Kazooie supporter and...well...I'm officially going elsewhere for the time being until the leak is dead/confirmed or everyone else is sick of discussing it and moves onto another topic.

Have fun everyone. :skull:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don’t understand why the grinch render has anything to do with the leak I don’t recall or this person claiming “hey these are grinch renders never seen before”

The real smoking gun will be the next character reveal if it’s not a character from the banner or the character has the wrong pose then we can say it’s fake
Grinch ornament thing has never been spotted before
If that's out in the wild soon I expect a LOT to flock to team real

Untouch

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be less guessing and more them screwing up and not seeing the empty version? I think someone stated there had been an empty version sometime around E3 momentarily before everyone popped in.
It was on a banner in the back, really blurry, angled and obscured.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
This Smash anime idea reminds me of an idea from /vg/ back in the Smash 4 pre-release that turned into really cringy fanfiction.
Reign yourselves in fellas.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Off for the day, but just want to let you jokers know that no dream is too big.

Just remember that there's a human on the other side of that avatar, nothing in life is worth getting worked up over, and to have fun.

We're halfway there.

peacesign.gif

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is correct. My problem starts when people being to hold those second two over other people and act holier-than-thou due to that.
The thing is... one could say that the "insiders" (ResetERA et al.) are being affected by those two points as well.

They've seemed particularly... irritable since the leak dropped, there is the distinct possibility that they thought they knew everything that was coming, but it turned out that they were being duped.

That would make anyone frustrated, understandably.

Vyce (is that his name?) even admitted today that it's possible their source was lying to them (with a lot of truth to back up the lies), and he's having trouble reconciling that fact.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Probably.

I can't do everybody, that'd be ridiculous. I'm gonna try to do everyone I can and they'll be represented by their avatars.
I can't believe you're gonna draw a negative Goemon with devil horns but more power to you

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They've seemed particularly... irritable since the leak dropped, there is the distinct possibility that they thought they knew everything that was coming, but it turned out that they were being duped.
Actually, they weren't irritable at all at first, it's how people started to ****-talk them and spit on them that made them on the fence to be fair.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Would it be considered cannibalism to eat The Grinch? :confused: I wonder what he would taste like if you grilled him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While Artsy is trying to show how it can be done, there's also how they had to pay extreme attention to details and move almost every character (if not all of them) slightly / very slightly plus some of the more obvious ones like Olimar and his Pikmin and the Mii Gunner. And it's not just the banner; someone had to actually have worked or had access to this company and the materials it had in order to spend a lot of time putting together a decoration for a circular fixture with its wrapping and other such things along with the circular ornament here,

Grinch Leak2.png

that seems to have the banner on it as the colors lineup.

edit: well, apparently it's actually a diagram; ArtsyOmni pointed that out to me. It's actually obvious in retrospect...

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
At this point, I've given up most hope I had for this leak and I'm just assuming we're getting Ken and Incineroar. That's it.
Why? Because this is honestly just annoying to me now. The leak at this stage seems to me like an old chair that people keep throwing away but someone every time finds it and tries to restore it the best they can until it eventually breaks once again and the process repeats.

And well, I can see that if things stay the same, this discussion about the Grinch leak is not gonna end for at least another week and a half most likely. Add onto that the fact that I'm tired of this leak, even as a Geno + Banjo Kazooie supporter and...well...I'm officially going elsewhere for the time being until the leak is dead/confirmed or everyone else is sick of discussing it and moves onto another topic.

Have fun everyone. :skull:
I mean, we have spent 2/3days of that leak while most of days were spent in the box theory.

So it is rather freshening to see something other than the box theory actually.

D

Deleted member

What's going to prove this leak legit, or at least, 99% legit, is when those Grinch displays appear in the wild. So keep an eye out for them. They should appear *at least* two weeks before Smash releases, and in my opinion, should really be out by next week if they're not already out there, since these kind of displays usually go up well in advance of the film's release.

It's possible they'll only be out in France, if this place is responsible for designing them. But if this place is only responsible for printing them, then they should appear all over the place, as they're probably not the only printing house to receive the designs.
Can't believe the credibility of this leak depends on the ****ing grinch. What a world we live in.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Off for the day, but just want to let you jokers know that no dream is too big.

Just remember that there's a human on the other side of that avatar, nothing in life is worth getting worked up over, and to have fun.

We're halfway there.

View attachment 172409
What if they're NOT humans on the other side? I know I'm not...

Also Linebeck is the best Zelda companion :yoshi:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Sup guys what did I miss today?
Sakurai came and give us a free smash demo

kidding...

Not much really. A user gave us evidence about how quality and blur can change the background (point for real team)

Insiders said that they have VISUAL evidence and its not the same as the mural. (point for the fake team)

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
God, as a believer I'm starting to get annoyed when we bring back every old argument about this leak. We're going around in circles

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
And Omni did show a curious point against the Leak... Suprising. Go ahead and look at the whole thread.

Basically, he explained how it could have been done, and how, by PURE COINCIDENCE, the only part that have error between all Battlefield version/E3 empty version and the Leak one are the spots where the characters's are still hiding stuff between version, and where the leaker would have to guess if this is fake.
Are we really going this Photoshop route again. People said something similar with the smash 4 leak, and that was legit.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And it's not just the banner; someone had to actually have worked or had access to this company and the materials it had in order to spend a lot of time putting together a decoration for a circular fixture with its wrapping and other such things along with the circular ornament here,
That would actually the easiest part of the whole leak here actually lmao-

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Someone here was convinced he's being paid by Nintendo to think it's fake.
If that was the case when am I getting paid? You know where you contact me reggie, lets make a deal.
Someone on Twitter called me a shill for Nintendo, completely oblivious to the fact I burned that potential bridge four years ago, lol.

ekc

Smash Cadet
I almost don't want it to be fake because of the time I've spent invested in this. The characters themselves are icing on the cake at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom