• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisepta

Smash Cadet
I know this board cropped out every character of every banner and put all the layer on top of each other to see what was shown and what was hidden but I can't found it in the 6000 pages thread. Do someone saved it, reply to it and know where I can find it?
Artsy Omni made a really great video on this and included a PSD in the description.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wendy's doesn't factor much into this tho.

He said it afterwards, probably because there was only one character reveal in that whole Direct, after the five in the previous one. It's one of the reasons I don't fully believe the banner leak from a day or two ago. He wouldn't have said that if there were like 6-7 more characters to be announced within two months. That's the opposite of slowing down the pace.
Consider the following: Showing absolutely nothing for a month (after a month that only had one reveal going for it), then having a Direct with the rest of the newcomers in it for the next month is, from a certain point of view, technically slowing things down. Things can't go much slower than this without risking having Spirits spoiled.

Besides, Pokemon Let's Go will likely get marketing next month.

Last edited:

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
Leak is basically getting more and more confirmation

Etika is dying

Grinch renders were confirmed...

jesus

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if the isaac trailer was rescheduled that explain why the item is in this trailer
They were going to show him with this item in his reveal so having the item in this trailer was a whatever
They may have forgotten about it

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I have a pit in my stomach. On one hand, I wanna be excited and speculate on Smash stuff.

But on the other hand, this business with Etika is making me uneasy. I don't really watch his stuff, but I hope he's okay.
Same my friend. I have lost people to suicide and it's horrible. The pain for the person who committed the suicide and the pain for those left behind. I have always enjoyed Etika because he has loved Ridley and he cracked me up. I know his brand of entertainment isn't for everyone, but I enjoy him and hope he's ok.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
Saw Etika’s channel got shut down

thank god he was so awful and fake
Mate, I don't particularly care for Etika. But, at the very least, be respectful. Hell, you don't need to be worried about him, but don't be an ass to someone who might be going through something rough. Better to be silent.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Wendy's doesn't factor much into this tho.

Consider the following: Showing absolutely nothing for a month (after a month that only had one reveal going for it), then having a Direct with the rest of the newcomers in it for the next month is, from a certain point of view, technically slowing things down. Things can't go much slower than this without risking having Spirits spoiled.

Besides, Pokemon Let's Go will likely get marketing next month.
Didn't the Sprout thing come from a promo vid associated with the whoke Wendy's sponsorship? Or is this a misconception?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's not only Nintendo. It's a very widespread thing in the Japanese entertainment industry. From what I can think of, Ohranger, MGS2 and School Days all had their production/release either altered or delayed because of different tragedies.
There's also Gokaiger, which had more guests than planned after such a tragedy. MGS2 is an unique case that accounted for an American tragedy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hell buddy I'm with you. Never played Golden Sun before but with Isaac looking more and more likely I might just dip my toes into it.
I...
Hope you guys enjoy it! Just don't expect too much when it comes to the story, the gameplay is where these games really shine.
This.

The story got some strong moments, but it's fairly basic when you break it down.
i don't know whether to hate or love that literally 0 of these images have anything to do w/ smash yet everything to do with smash discussion
Love it.

Love it unironically.

The leak loves you.
Saw Etika’s channel got shut down

thank god he was so awful and fake
...C'mon, man.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Thread's about 5 minutes away from being closed at this rate, so see you guys tomorrow!
I assumed since it was related to a Smash community figure it'd be relevant enough to post, if it wasn't I apologize for steering the thread in that direction.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Also, far be it for me to tell people what to discuss, just remind yourself that not everyone on here knows who Etika is or follows him, and 3 pages of this seems a bit too much. :upsidedown:

No then you'd all be still talking about the box theory.
Indeed. And hey, we were able to manage a couple months talking non-stop about the Box, so it's only fair to at least get a couple weeks to talk about this leak before it's confirmed/deconfirmed.

_Artichoke_

Smash Rookie
EDIT: I was mistaken, this is an earlier banner where bayo was lower. The cloud is likely hidden behind the fold

Now, maybe I'm looking into this too much but during the Wendy's ad there is a shot of the banner on a trailer and it looks like the infamous smear/cloud is not there. Clearly this trailer image has been cropped at the top but either way the cloud should be visible above Bayo's gun and to the left of her cape.

Zoom:

For comparison here is the relevant area from the current website banner:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've seen this acronym a couple of times...

Can somebody Eli5 what ARG means?
ARG stands for "Alternate Reality Game".

It's a term used to describe when a game's content extends to the real world, generally social media (usually as a form of viral marketing).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't read the the thread for a few hours, what info is helping to confirm the leak?
What appears to be a Golden Sun item appears in the tailgate trailer.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I haven't read the the thread for a few hours, what info is helping to confirm the leak?
Essentially there was a new item accidentally shown in the new Smash Tailgate tour trailer that is believed to be from Golden Sun. Since it's a sprout, and Isaac in the leak has some sort of vines under him, people are linking the two.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
There's also Gokaiger, which had more guests than planned after such a tragedy. MGS2 is an unique case that accounted for an American tragedy.
Yeah, I do remember that! I was watching Gokaiger then. I did plan to mention it, but that was more like the tragedy brought people together and professional connections were (re)made. Not out of respect/to avoid controversy. That's why I didn't mention it. (very thin difference but oh well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom