• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There's also a lot of areas that are covered up by characters that without distortion/blurriness are spot-on accurate.
Please point them out. We specifically went looking for anything that was present in the leak and the empty banner that was hidden in all versions of the banner with characters, and we didn't find anything.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well, my reason to be on team real, is how small the details are NOBODY thought of... except Sakurai. Look at the Chorus Kids. Nobody on any forum ever would have guessed the presence of the conductor in their little artwork... or even in their moveset. You have to be a mastermind like Sakurai to think about these things. Main reason why I think it's real.

Then there are other small things:
-Djinn in front of Isaac. I feel like nobody would ever think of that in a banner art ... except the Smash Bros. team.
-The wristband thing. I wouldn't think of that when I think about Smash promotional material. Who would? The Smash team.
-Mach Rider having a bike.
-Incineroar is not on it. Not one fake leaker would take the risk of not putting Incineroar in, because well... Vergeben was most credible... Till now.

D

Deleted member

It's none of the above. Objects that would be very visible are missing. Literal sections of the stage are cut. Certain objects are deformed in an extensive manner (as in more than half of the object is missing).

What's curious is that every single one of these inconsistencies is exactly where there are characters that hide that section.

So if I, who has not one ounce of photoshop or artistic skill, were to cut all the characters from the official mural and then fill in the blank with my own drawings, I would end up with the exact same places being "identical to the official artwork" as the leak and the exact same places being "inconsistent" as the leak.

I wasn't skeptical until I saw this specific pattern arise.
No, it's not "none of the above" it's literally All Of The Above, COMBINED. That's the point you're missing, as those are the conditions under which the screens were taken.

So, the only way to accurately prove the leaked image is fake, is by holding the EXACT image seen in Eric's Snapchat, scanning it, and comparing it with the original. In other words, you're wasting your time with this wild goose chase, as you're willfully ignoring the significant impact all these contributing factors provide in order to try and poke ONE hole in this leak.

And that's still not even contending with all the evidence supporting it, as the backgrounds being different can literally be explained with the art being updated. Nothing uncommon at all in this industry.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
There's also a lot of areas that are covered up by characters that without distortion/blurriness are spot-on accurate.
Nope, not one me and Vaan could find. We were literally looking for this exact thing, and when I noticed that every single area covered by a character is different and has inconsistencies I changed to team fake. If you want I can send you a file that makes it really easy for you to check yourself.

The reason the leak is so accurate is because there's actually a ton of areas that are uncovered between all the versions we've had of characters moved around (3 versions).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just not reading too much into anything either way.

There were flaws in the real leak last time too, so it's like ''Still could be real."

There are flaws and it could be because it's fake and it's so blurry and small and done in the way it's done because they wanted to hide even bigger problems than those found.

It's just such an oddly piece together leak that I'm just waiting and seeing and whatever happens happens.

i am not convinced that this ride ever ends
Oh god.

This is the MvC2 theme come back as a leak.

It's out for a vengeance.

It's not happy we replaced it in Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's not happy with what Capcom did to Infinite in general.

It is not happy.

It's out for blood and we'll never get away.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I'm just not reading too much into anything either way.

There were flaws in the real leak last time too, so it's like ''Still could be real."

There are flaws and it could be because it's fake and it's so blurry and small and done in the way it's done because they wanted to hide even bigger problems than those found.

It's just such an oddly piece together leak that I'm just waiting and seeing and whatever happens happens.

Oh god.

This is the MvC2 theme come back as a leak.

It's out for a vengeance.

It's not happy we replaced it in Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's not happy with what Capcom did to Infinite in general.

It is not happy.

It's out for blood and we'll never get away.
I enjoy this ride

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Well, my reason to be on team real, is how small the details are NOBODY thought of... except Sakurai. Look at the Chorus Kids. Nobody on any forum ever would have guessed the presence of the conductor in their little artwork... or even in their moveset. You have to be a mastermind like Sakurai to think about these things. Main reason why I think it's real.
I like the little details but I don't think necessary proves it. It is possible the leaker had researched them beforehand, the conductor was in the Chorus kids trophy too.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Hey now that the background is pretty much revealed to have actually officially changed, could someone tell me what other arguments there are for Team Fake

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Good thing that I'm a unbeliever about almost anything. The leak could turn real in a Direct and I still be surprised.
I should take a break about this, personally I need more proof in a way or another. This leak it's a dead end for me.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Personally I don't think that castle spire is evidence of anything because the E3 pic is already somewhat exposed as is - a majority of the background details in the horizon are much brighter than the actual character poster, and it could likely hide that portion.

Also I went back to the E3 footage, and the castle is already there in the background, so presumably the E3 materials are identical.

Even if that was added post-E3, that is the only evidence of something that's changed - and it's an addition, not a redraw. Everything about this leak background on the other hand, is a redraw, most of it for the worse.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Hey now that the background is pretty much revealed to have actually officially changed, could someone tell me what other arguments there are for Team Fake
I might argue there are still too much inconsistent to dismiss that argument.
Another would be it might still be a really professional fake.

I don't really have much arguments tbh, so we can only wait.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Personally I don't think that castle spire is evidence of anything because the E3 pic is already somewhat exposed as is - a majority of the background details in the horizon are much brighter than the actual character poster, and it could likely hide that portion.

Also I went back to the E3 footage, and the castle is already there in the background, so presumably the E3 materials are identical.

Even if that was added post-E3, that is the only evidence of something that's changed - and it's an addition, not a redraw. Everything about this leak background on the other hand, is a redraw, most of it for the worse.
What's your opinion on the waterfall that is supposedly also officially changed (being less detailed and all)?

no one has convincingly argued why sakurai said "we're slowing the pace of reveals down" despite having 7 more characters left to reveal in the span of a month
SAKURAI'S TRICKING US HE'S LYING HE'S DOING A JAPE

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
What's your opinion on the waterfall that is supposedly also officially changed (being less detailed and all)?
I honestly don't think it's changed much at all.

Looking at the full E3 banner, the shimmering effect on the waterfall strands are fairly soft, and I feel what's throwing people off is again, overexposure on the camera captured banner. The actual direct feed banner has overall less exposure and more muted brightness/colors.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
no one has convincingly argued why sakurai said "we're slowing the pace of reveals down" despite having 7 more characters left to reveal in the span of a month
Despite being team fake, I am gonna make an argument for this one.
…That said, if you were thinking that we’d just be dropping a bunch of newcomer trailers all the way up until release, you’d be sorely mistaken. We may have gone a little bit overboard up until now, so we’re going to slow our pace from here on out. (Source Gaming btw)
It is possible that Sakurai meant slowing down the pace of the amount of directs, not the amount of characters. So instead of multiple one character directs, we now have one (or two) MASSIVE Smash direct revealing multiple characters. That could explain why there has been pretty much no reveals for October.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I just hope we keep dancing back and forth between real and fake long enough for the actual direct to hit.

This is the most entertaining thing to happen since 8.8

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
E3 Direct Castle.jpg

At the very least, it certainly seems to be present in the E3 Direct.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
If we only have one more direct then the pace has been slowed as we would only have one more reveal. He doesn't say that there aren't multiple characters left he just said that the pace is going to be slower.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Despite being team fake, I am gonna make an argument for this one.

It is possible that Sakurai meant slowing down the pace of the amount of directs, not the amount of characters. So instead of multiple one character directs, we now have one (or two) MASSIVE Smash direct revealing multiple characters. That could explain why there has been pretty much no reveals for October.
If this ends up being real, one wonders why he didn't at least drop a single trailer before a final beefy direct. Maybe Isaac on his own, for example, and all the other guys for the direct. Either way it would be fine to have the direct soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom