• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Even if all of this turns out to be fake, it will still have been a fun ride (better than circlejerking vergeben and the Box Theory for the millionth time), and Smash Ultimate will remain one of the best games of all time.
I'm pretty sure in a years time we'll be laughing about how this period of speculation was "Super Smash Bros: Theory Time"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh man this has the potential to crash and burn worse than any Smash leak up to this day.

If people get disappointed, or outright angry with Sakurai or the game because the leak is fake and we're indeed only getting 2 more characters, i'm going to be so pissed. Remember that anything that happens is your own damn fault.
This to the umpteenth degree.

PLEASE HYPE RESPONSIBLY.
IF YOU DO NOT AND END UP DISAPPOINTED IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.
YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING BY THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM,
AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN IF THIS LEAK IS FAKE.

Man I really like this new message format. Thanks NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .

Peptobislawl

Smash Rookie
I think that's fair, but I also want to know why it would get significantly worse between it's showing at E3 and the supposed "final version". That's usually not what happens when artists have more time to change stuff. The castle is the most jarring one.
The landmasses for the castle are there, including the island that the castle under zelda's hand is on seprate from the main one. And it's dark spires on a dark background. definitely possible the leak is jsut so blurry we can't see the spires for the background

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I don't even care if this is fake.

I'm having a blast.

This is the most exciting it's been here since K Rool was revealed. While there are two or three people who can't play nice, overall the discussion is flowing extremely well.

IMO this is exactly what this board (and honestly, I) needed.

kylexv

Smash Master
Time to hit the sack. I'm a guy who loves to snooze.

Can't wait to read 30-40 more pages tomorrow morning like I did this morning. And remember, be nice to each other when I'm gone :)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My most 3 wanted potential new playable characters with any real chance were confirmed in the first 2 post-gameplay reveal trailers:

-Ridley
-K. Rool
-Simon Belmont

I'm running out of things to want TBH. I'm past the bottom of the barrel on the last barrel just about! :chuckle:
I mean pipe dreams exist, like Banjo & Kazooie (very surprised with the leak) and Travis Touchdown, it will be the first time that the roster has satisfied me completely.

By the way John, how do you stand in this leak? Fake or real?

.n_n.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
i think my favorite part is that the text is centered.

also thank you for this post nsg
When ever I get after my child or my students for doing something bad, I always make sure I center my speech as it commands more respect and highlights why I’m angry. I also bold my speech and increase the font size while I’m talking. Maybe make my voice a white color to accentuate to pay attention to it. I get good results 70% of the time all the time.

I’m still on the fence. I don’t think it’s nearly up to the ESRB leak but it certainly does seem likely. I’ll wait to see if we get more credible info or pics.

Like I said before, I am fairly certain I could recreate a manipulated mural with added characters while rearranging other older characters. And I’m not even that good at photoshop so a pro would most certainly be able to do that very well. I think that a good amount of people find credence in this leak is due to its presentation. Instead of just being an image, it’s an image of several images that appear to be physically present in some form. This presentation and arrangement seems to be what’s actually hooking people in.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I never even said it was proven fake, lol. The discrepancies exist, how people respond to them is up to the individual.
Do you think this discrepancies could be updates like some of the Smash renders that have been updated on the site (Falco, Wolf, etc?)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Worse is subjective. You are looking at a poor, roughly 100p image with as little detail is possible. We don't know how good it actually looks because everything is merged and muddled.
Um... I think Vaanrose pointed very specifically where it's worse, mostly aren't based on the resolution either. The crystals got simpler, the castle is gone, the waterfall on the back does a very weird turn. None of these changes make much sense at all.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm like 85% sure this leak is real based solely on the fact that the Conductor is likely the central controllable character for "Glee Club" character. Rhythmn Heaven has been brought up a ton of character suggestions ranging from Wrestler, to Reporter, to Marshal, to Chorus Men, but no one has ever brought up he conductor specifically as the playable character.

This is another case of Bowser Jr. Clown Car in which people thought it was absolutely bonkers that Bowser Jr. + Koopalings would be a character, and all would be exclusively in Clown Cars no less. Back then a lot of Bowser Jr.'s fan movesets were based around the Paint Brush which has little representation in Bowser Jr.'s actual moveset.

The fact that the leak has "Glee Club" instead of just "Chorus Kids" is extremely creative if they came up with that on their own.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The leak is too blurry to say for sure, but after analyzing it properly, i have come to a shocking revelation.

The character we're all assuming is Ken, is in fact Apollo Justice, bringing one of his fiery objections with him!
Appleolo.png

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
The landmasses for the castle are there, including the island that the castle under zelda's hand is on seprate from the main one. And it's dark spires on a dark background. definitely possible the leak is jsut so blurry we can't see the spires for the background
Even if that is true, the shape of the water is doing a weird turn in a way that looks like it's perspective is completely wrong. The castle would have to be farther and on a different angle too.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright. Might as well throw out my "realistic" predictions + the order:

69. Chorus Kids
70. Mach Rider
71. Elma or KOS-MOS (I know it's not going to happen; just humor me)
72. Isaac
73. Geno
74. Banjo-Kazooie
38e. Shadow
60e. Ken
71e. T-elos (if 71 is KOS-MOS) (This definitely won't happen; just let me dream)

I honestly think Incineroar might be leak bait at this point. He could still be in, but in the back of my mind since E3, I though this could be the first game w/o a new Pokemon rep (since we have 9 already, 3 of them coming back now after being cut).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This to the umpteenth degree.

PLEASE HYPE RESPONSIBLY.
IF YOU DO NOT AND END UP DISAPPOINTED IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.
YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING BY THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM,
AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN IF THIS LEAK IS FAKE.

Man I really like this new message format. Thanks NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .
Goodness gracious am I sick of people saying “hype responsibly”

Hype how you want folks. Risk your 10 minutes of disappointment to have a little fun
It’s just a damn video game lol

Nobody is better than anyone else here so I hardly think this kind of statement is warranted

LetterO

Smash Lord
Imagine going back in time and telling your past self that the roster would be leaked by the "Chadondorf" and "Grinch" leaks.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do you think this discrepancies could be updates like some of the Smash renders that have been updated on the site (Falco, Wolf, etc?)
It's not an update so much as a downgrade to be honest.

As someone who's seen a lot of leaks in my day, I'm divided on this one. The details outside of the leak line up a bit too conveniently for it to be immediately disregarded, especially so with the Grinch promotional items, and it additionally seems to have corroboration from Spawn Wave and other sources. And yet, I don't find myself believing this as easily as I did the ESRB leak back in Sm4sh days. Something about it just seems...off. Actual industry insiders believe its fake, and I personally have a hard time honestly believing we're still getting this many characters, especially if Spawn Wave is correct and we're getting more on top of that.

Something just doesn't add up here.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
I don't even care if this is fake.

I'm having a blast.

This is the most exciting it's been here since K Rool was revealed. While there are two or three people who can't play nice, overall the discussion is flowing extremely well.

IMO this is exactly what this board (and honestly, I) needed.
Right? Even if the leak turns out to be fake, at least it's given the community as a whole something to focus on during this info drought. Waking up in the morning and immediately checking r/smashbros for new info only to be disappointed every day for almost two months has been brutal.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Counting the random slot after supposedly Banjo. Each row would have 9 characters each.

Mario - Donkey Kong - Link - Samus - Dark Samus - Yoshi - Kirby - Fox - Pikachu
Luigi - Ness - Captain Falcon - Jigglypuff - Peach - Daisy - Bowser - Ice Climbers - Sheik
Zelda - Dr. Mario - Pichu - Falco - Marth - Lucina - Young Link - Ganondorf - Mewtwo
Roy - Chrom - Mr. Game & Watch - Meta Knight - Pit - Dark Pit - Zero Suit Samus - Wario - Snake
Ike - Pokemon Trainer - Diddy Kong - Lucas - Sonic - Shadow - King Dedede - Olimar - Lucario
R.O.B. - Toon Link - Wolf - Villager - Mega Man - Wii Fit Trainer - Rosalina & Luma - Little Mac - Greninja
Mii FIGHTER - Palutena - Pac-Man - Robin - Shulk - Bowser Jr. - Duck Hunt - Ryu - Ken
Cloud - Corrin - Bayonetta - Inkling - Ridley - Simon - Richter - King K. Rool - Isabelle
Incineroar - Mach Rider - Chorus Kids - Isaac - Geno - Banjo-Kazooie - Random Slot

Maybe the bottom though might have a smaller row however...

Images
cssLeak2.png

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Hype how you want folks. Risk your 10 minutes of disappointment to have a little fun

Nobody is better than anyone else here so I hardly think this kind of statement is warranted
I think responsably means without being rude or offensive torwards other people and their opinions, not that you shouldn't get excited or raise your own expectations.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
as a guy that his most wanted newcomers since brawl were simon belmont and ridley, I choose to not believe vergeben's leak, or at least not entirely because it would be crushingif it was fake (even if it was very belieable)

The worst thing you guys that really want this characters would experience if you choose to not believe this leak is either, the same old dissapointment, or stupid levels of hype when the reveals happen...

keep accepting incineroar in your hearths, and abandon all hope. believe me, your sanity will thank you for it later.

(that being said.. i really hope that mach rider is a woman... don't blame me, blame more than half a century in media having boring straight guys as protaginist, this is what make by default, the boring straight gal a more exciting character.... plus... she may not be that straight at all :3)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash is gonna be a fun game and I would like to play it very much, regardless of what silly theories and rumors are right or wrong and who is and isn't in.

TBH, I just wanna see Spirits. Chorus Kids and Shadow made me care about characters again for a little bit, but I'm kinda over the initial leak hype now and I'm back to where I was. Show me the mooooooooodes. :c

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

You know people get unbelievably salty over this game. Especially when their predictions and hopes are wrong. I think hype responsibly is the best advice this board and fanbase in general should follow, lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think responsably means without being rude or offensive torwards other people and their opinions, not that you shouldn't get excited or raise your own expectations.
Coulda fooled me, cause I’ve seen it in either context frequently tbh

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Yet it's a needed warning because people legitimately get angry in real life at these things.

Like, you and I can afford to hype irresponsibly every now and again because we understand that we're at risk of disappointment. Most people don't know that, so when they hype irresponsibly and get disappointed, they point their anger outwards at the closest target. In this case, it's Crashboards Smashboards. I'd prefer to have these forums free of unwarranted complaining and I'd prefer for Sakurai and the development team to not get sent hate and death threats because of a fake leak.

You know it'll happen if this one is fake.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Last thing before I go to bed: Character-wise, this leak does some pretty unique things.

- All 7 new characters are completely original. They are not based off of any previously existing render.
- Conductor as the possible main character for directing the chorus kids (I've never heard of this idea)
- Isaac is shown creating plant-life (Growth) in his render instead of using staple earth psyenergy, so different than people expect.
- Shadow, if you look closely enough, has his hair drawn in the same exaggerated style as the rest of the banner, something that may support it.
- No Incineroar, the only other character thought to be leaked aside from Ken by reputable sources (why go against this if fake, especially if Ken is here?)
- No Skull Kid or Bandana Dee or other popular characters (I mean, you have Isaac, Geno and Banjo on here, why not huge crowd pleasers if fake?)

I have nothing on Ken, Banjo, Geno and Mach Rider because they are too blurred to specify much.

Completely avoiding art-arguments (save for Shadow) because they honestly mean nothing until we get cleaner images (that prove the leak I guess).

Take what you will from this.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Imagine going back in time and telling your past self that the roster would be leaked by the "Chadondorf" and "Grinch" leaks.
This has got to be the craziest time in Smash Bros speculation history. I've only been around since the days of Smash 4, but I remember when the ESRB leak came onto the scene, we were debating over lines on a 3DS screen, Game and Watches' hand going into Wario's face, and photoshopped little-macs.

Now we're debating over french factories, snapchat, and the freaking grinch. Godspeed Eric Brickard. Godspeed.

My condolences go out to Sakurai though if this is real.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yet it's a needed warning because people legitimately get angry in real life at these things.

Like, you and I can afford to hype irresponsibly every now and again because we understand that we're at risk of disappointment. Most people don't know that, so when they hype irresponsibly and get disappointed, they point their anger outwards at the closest target. In this case, it's Crashboards Smashboards. I'd prefer to have my forums free of unwarranted complaining and I'd prefer for Sakurai and the development team to not get sent hate and death threats because of a fake leak.

You know it'll happen if this one is fake.
It’ll happen regardless of people trying to talk people down from their hype ledge man

It doesn’t change anything other than adding complaints to the inevitable complaints that are gonna happen anyway

The people who are going to be irrationally irritable probably aren’t gonna heed such a warning

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, assuming this is true, it's what I feared, cause most of these characters are catering specifically to the hardcore fandom. Hell, I literally talked about this with some friends Here are their general responses:
Shadow: "YES!" "**** Sonic useless ass franchise" "Please be an echo"
Ken: "Oh yeah, there was that leak a while ago"
Geno: "Who?"
Chorus Kids: "Who?"
Mach Rider: "Who?"
Isaac: "Who?" "Wait that's Golden Sun right? My brother has those games"
Banjo: "Who?" "Cool, now where's Crash?" "Bull****, it's Microsoft"

D

Deleted member

Honestly, this morning probably made me feel the most hype I've ever really felt in a long time since the August Direct for Smash Ultimate. It was really, REALLY fun seeing all the updates Spawn Wave gave us, and even turned me into Etika a bit with all the twists and turns he gave us. Made my work day much more better. :D I never really spent time on forums, but y'all made it pretty worth.

And I think those moments were the best scenario we got out of this, even more than the Snake Eater remix reveal. I went INSANE when I found out about that, and the DAYTONAAAAAA Guy doing a remix of F-ZERO? We're kinda getting spoiled where we really don't deserve it, and come in the next 43-ish days, who knows what'll happen? This first cycle for Smash Ultimate might've been one pretty strange one, but I feel the DLC cycle will really ramp up all the notches to 11. I can't wait for all the excitement, speculation and more come that second cycle after December 7th while we play the game.

...Though... I really can't help but feel there's one more bombshell waiting to happen. After giving it much thought, I don't think this is it JUST yet.

I feel there's gonna be someone who told us all that something else would happen months ago, but we never listened. There's gonna be that "one last thing" where we thought it would be in the November Directs, but they saved the best for last... And who's gonna be there on that fateful day, where we all gather around, on the day before we Smash? There can't just be someone out there who knows nothing. There's someone who knows something we don't. A silent, but deadly killer. Forget the Murals and November, our penultimate stop before Smash is December 6th.

Judgement Day is coming. "Set your heart free."

afaffafaffff.jpg

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather hype irresponsibly tbh.

Hyping your favorite characters, and being excited for the chance they might be in (regardless of how likely they are) is a lot more fun then settling for "what's probably gonna happen" imo.

And if I'm disappointed? So what?

It's not my fault for having fun, because being disappointed one time isn't some life changing event that changes your outlook on something. This is Ultimate we're talkin' about, so at most, I'll be sad for like an hour, and then I'll get over it.

Of course, I can't say the same for everyone. But so long as you don't get overly angry or whiny about something, or start makin some nasty comments about the devs and Sakurai, I'd say you're fine.

Hype your hearts out, nerds. We got 6 weeks left. Make them count.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
What's so perfect about this leak for me is that as much as I and some others can lean towards it being real, it has just enough sense of doubt that it will still be a massive ****ing surprise if it turns out to be real. I never thought I'd say it, but if this is a real leak I'm happy because of the raw uncertainty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom