• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To everyone who **** on Incineroar and desperately wanted Verge to be wrong....

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I hope you ******** are satisfied.....
I mean, nothing is set in stone yet.

Even if this is real, Incineroar could be DLC.

Nothing has really changed as far as I'm concerned. It's still a waiting game.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If true, I'm over the moon for Geno and Banjo Kazooie. Chorus Kids, Ken, Shadow and Isaac are just icing on the cake.

Mach Rider could also be neat but I don't know much about her to say either way.

Personally leaning towards team real but not completely on that side. At least yet.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Uh... Even ResetEra's Imran is at it...

Source
How do those two sentences make any sense together?

"I don't know the final roster" and "This is not [the final roster]" are mutually exclusive; if you say say one, you can't say the other without contradicting the first sentence.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This feels like the ersb leak again, in which people are trying and struggling to debunk it.
Not really struggling. I've stated in multiple posts the ways in which this could be feasibly faked. There's nothing in these small photos that I myself couldn't recreate if I felt like making a believable fake.

It's also totally possible that the leak is true, but there's nothing about it that proves it's true. At this point, it's entirely up to the individual to decide if he/she believes it or not. We'll know soon enough.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And who's Imran again
ResetEra dude who knew about Smash back in March, and heavily implied about Ultimate not being a port. Not being new. But being a sequel (tl;Dr Everyone is here) and Someone with very High credibility in general there in all around in the Gaming Community.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Uh... Even ResetEra's Imran is at it...

Source
This adds an interesting wrinkle. He seems certain it's fake based on the characters (his reasoning for the actual leak is flawed as he doesn't understand it). The journalist and Spawn Wave on the other hand say it conflicts with their info, so probably fake, but also could be incomplete. I'm wondering if Imran has more info that thoroughly debunks it, or if like the others, it's incomplete and he's speculating based on that, but we can't know if he stays mum.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
BUCKLE THE **** UP, BUCKOS.

This is great to hear. So, glad that even if this is real, Incineroar’s chances to be in the game are still alive.

D

Deleted member

Only one person can save us...

*laughts on the floor*

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The only thing that can confirm this leak is if the next direct happens to get most of this info correct (and also have an accurate background).

Again I feel like this is too fake, I get the feeling that this is just an elaborate leak. If that image that we saw was in a way higher quality, then yes this would be true. Unless if it’s that small, which kinda seems ridiculous to me, then this holds kinda no water. Besides, the person who leaked this could’ve used research on who holds what position, or who works for who.

D

Deleted member

I agree nothing's set in stone but

Come on, If he's not base he's not in at all. The Pokemon fighter for dlc will be someone from Gen 8.
Just trying to be positive. :c

It honestly depends on the timing. A lot of Smash's Pokemon picks seem to be stuff from the anime, and from what I've heard, Incineroar's been getting a lot of spotlight lately. If Incineroar's among the first, it could happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ya know what, **** it, I'm going all in on this.

If it's fake, well, I'm fine with being burned, wouldn't be the first time. This lineup is just too good for me to not get excited.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just had a thought. It has to be fake.
Goemon is not on it. We ALLLLL know Goemon has to be in the game. He is just to awesome not to be.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just trying to be positive. :c

It honestly depends on the timing. A lot of Smash's Pokemon picks seem to be stuff from the anime, and from what I've heard, Incineroar's been getting a lot of spotlight lately. If Incineroar's among the first, it could happen.
I suppose anything's possible, but by the time dlc rolls around we'll be in the middle of Gen 8's hype train. It'd make sense to promote their newest, biggest Pokemon game so far as opposed to a generation that's basically over.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This has been an interesting turn of events with the whole rumoured roster leak to several other claims made by Spawn and Imran etc.

Either ways, as they use to say, "the plot thickens."

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
Why would a fake leak skip a pokemon rep though? It seems so obvious to include which makes this even stranger

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well , that a good theme for Omegamon i think...

And if it realy is Omnimon , he maybe will be a villain as well...

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had to look through countless pages from the Grinch leak to here; here's my two cents on it.

Don't believe it until proven correctly.

However, if it is the final roster we're given, then actually, I'll be very happy with what we got, despite a few people being a little disappointed because a few characters such as Dixie Kong weren't on the base roster, but the golden rule always is something; you can't make everyone happy.

If they're actually here in Ultimate, I will rank em to highest through lowest type of hype:

ALL EQUALLY HYPE!!
Isaac
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Mach Rider

COOL
Ken
Shadow

Meh
Chorus Kids

Last edited:

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
I'll do my rate as well, since I'm bored and definitely DON'T have Aeneid stuff I should be writing
Mach Rider-8.5
I don't know anything about him(?), but he looks cool and a vehicle fighter sounds neat
Ken-8
Probably the least exciting to me, but still cool to see
May be the one echo I use less than the original
Chorus Kids-9.5
I hope we get a ton of rhythm heaven music with them, I suppose (I SUPPOSE)
Banjo-Kazooie-9.5
I have no nostalgia for them, but they absolutely deserve a spot, that iconic platforming pair
What little I did play of their game absolutely would make for a great moveset
Geno-9
Again, no nostalgia, but he looks cool, and I don't know if there's a character that the smash community has been craving longer than him
(even sakurai wanted him!)
Shadow-9.5
The sonic and shadow stages were the best part of SA2, which is a fun game
fight me
Isaac-10
I never did beat golden sun, but I do think there would be less fighting in smash if all the characters were trees
all in all, if this is real, let's agree to never ask sakurai for anything ever again

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: the leak is fake, but a Palutena happens again and we get everyone on the leak anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How do those two sentences make any sense together?

"I don't know the final roster" and "This is not [the final roster]" are mutually exclusive; if you say say one, you can't say the other without contradicting the first sentence.
In theory they're not contradictory. To play devil's advocate, Imran could know the existence of a character that isn't there. Ergo, it couldn't be the final roster.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
To everyone who **** on Incineroar and desperately wanted Verge to be wrong....

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I hope you ******** are satisfied.....
As someone who’s Anti-Verge, I never minded Incinaroar and was open to his inclusion.

You have my condolences, atleast Shadow (possibly) got in.

D

Deleted member

I love every leaked character in the same way.

Maybe Banjo a bit more, but still hyped to try each one.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really missed the heel!
You're as cuddly as a hedgehog, but you're charming if you're real, Mr. Grinch

Status