• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm tired of leaks, tbh. Just give me this, and let's go home. :p

This wait has driven me bonkers.
I just want this game out, whatever the outcome.

Wonder if my Amiibo will be confused by the newer mechanics now.
Heh... Too bad for them they can't spot-dodge in the blink of an eye now without its consequences. :D Hopefully they adapt through other means. (Guess I'll have to reboot their training).

ThePokéYoshi

Smash Cadet
Well, Im sorry that Im not a fan of. and dont care for the characters shown minus one.
I mean that's fine, just don't say the roster is bad/Sakurai is lazy or something like that, I've seen enough douchebags on 4chan who have that mentality. You have the right to be personally disappointed but I think this roster makes more people happy than the opposite which is why I don't believe people should be complaining

KMDP

Smash Legend
Normally I'd be a little upset that this kind of surprise (may have been) ruined, but I don't think knowing about Geno or Banjo ahead of time will make me ugly cry any less when they're revealed.
So this'll be you on the direct day then? (Assuming the leak is real, obvs)

One Piece, fountain of hilarious crying faces.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Shadows are attached to their characters and don't disappear when moved because the lighting source in the mural drawing is consistent. There's literally no shadow below Snake even though he has had one in the mural since Day One, his shadow isn't gonna suddenly disappear, and the same applies to all other characters. I've presented you the evidence but you refuse to listen.
View attachment 171524
I know you're trying to prove that you're right but Jesus do you really need to be so obnoxious with the images and all?

Untouch

Smash Master
Actually, wait a minute, y'all. What about Incineroar? I thought he was a lock? Did I miss something?
The circumstances around Incineroar are really odd to me.
How did Vergeben know that a Pokemon character is in, but not Incineroar at first?
The Gematsu leak I can see, that was likely an early project plan, but Vergeben probably gets his info from playtesters, so they would have to know the character.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
If the leak is true then the newcomer forum is going to get really quiet, it's almost a homerun. Like, there are obviously a few active ones that will still be going, like the Bandana Dee, Shantae, Dixie and Skull Kid ones, but that's pretty much it really, the days of megaton threads are long gone by that point.
Meh I’m still betting on Shantae being an Assist Trophy and Dixie being in Diddy’s Final Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Personal RH bias aside, I think the Chorus Kids makes this leak worth noting...
Ditto and Sukapon were planned for Melee as assists and got scrapped, now they're finnaly in Ultimate.
I don't think this is a coincidence. Sakurai probably wants a lot of the scrapped content from previous games to finally make their debut...
Chorus Kids just makes sense after they were scrapped from Smash 4
Banjo & Kazooie: Wanted since Melee
Geno: Wanted since Melee
Mach Rider: Considered for Melee
Isaac: Wanted since Brawl
Chorus Kids: Originally planned for Smash 4

If this turns out to be true, it would truly be the ultimate Smash game for fans, including long term fan favorites and scrapped content. It's not the roster I would have expected, but it makes sense in hindsight.

(and yes to the debbie doubters, I doubt this leak too, am highly skeptical, but can also entertain the idea because I can hold those two things in my head simultaneously)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can we get the tldr summary and image reposted, so we don't have to go searching for it? I am curious about it
Also how does the Grinch tie into all this
Lastly: I'm fine without a Pokemon in the base download. I'd rather them take their time & weigh their options
Here's the image.

I wasn't here for the full story, so you're on your own on that front.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Actually, wait a minute, y'all. What about Incineroar? I thought he was a lock? Did I miss something?
I'm not sure...I mean Vergeben is dead set that he's the Playable Pokemon.
But seems that people are going to say that he's Gematsu 2.0

So idk, that's an interesting showdown that we have now.

Box vs Vergeben vs Banner

Box is Chaotic evil with only two Characters left
Vergeben is neutral with 3 at worst
Banner is Lawful Good with 7 left

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized.
If this leak is fake, it's going to likely be Incineroar that deconfirms it.
People are going to be even MADDER at his inclusion, I can't wait.
I've seen so many people celebrate that Incineroar isn't in and that verge was a fraud despite that not being how it works. Makes me want to see Liquid get revealed with Cameron Clarke doing this but for Smash fans

Pakky

Smash Hero
Leaning towards #TeamReal, Leak Review summed up the reasons why nicely:
https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/1055095636847030273

Also, can I just say, people are so ungrateful. "Oh no, my character that had a relatively small chance of getting in isn't in, the roster sucks". This happened with Smash 4 too. If this leak ends up being real, you can't look at this roster and tell me it isn't good, that it doesn't include a lot of characters people have been wanting forever. Ridley, K. Rool, Simon Belmont, freaking GENO and BANJO, not to mention the return of every single character from the previous games. Of course there are some characters I personally would've liked that aren't in there such as Bandana Dee, but that doesn't make me unsatisfied with the roster. And let's not forget that potential DLC will make it even better, so I don't want to hear any complaints just because your niece character didn't make it in.
Yeah That's massive I'll get my tiger either way so I ain't mad that's amazing if all this is true

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
So I think it’s safe to assume that the non echos willl come with their own stages too which would account for the remaining stages. Golden Sun stage, Super Mario rpg stage, Rhythm heaven stage, Mach Rider stage, and Banjo Kazooie stage. That adds up to the 108 revealed by that Japanese magazine

Arthur97

Smash Master
I have no idea about these genders. Nintendo has confirmed some weird genders like R.O.B., Sheik, and Birdo being male while dark Samus is a female. I honestly don’t know what to think.
Sheik isn't male, but they keep up the "disguise."

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So I think it’s safe to assume that the non echos willl come with their own stages too which would account for the remaining stages. Golden Sun stage, Super Mario rpg stage, Rhythm heaven stage, Mach Rider stage, and Banjo Kazooie stage. That adds up to the 108 revealed by that Japanese magazine
I don't think a SMRPG stage will happen, many were dead set on getting gangplank galleon alongside K Rool and look how that turned out

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I've seen so many people celebrate that Incineroar isn't in and that verge was a fraud despite that not being how it works. Makes me want to see Liquid get revealed with Cameron Clarke doing this but for Smash fans
I mean, you have one Heel Cat leak vs Every Characters people want leak.

Truly is a Heel situation.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
You guys really don't find it weird we're not getting any Pokemon newcomers? I didn't think Gamefreak would ever let that happen. There were better choices than Incineroar imo but wow

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
You guys really don't find it weird we're not getting any Pokemon newcomers? I didn't think Gamefreak would ever let that happen. There were better choices than Incineroar imo but wow
I mean after getting Pichu, squirtle and Ivysaur all back I don't think it's impossible they'd think it'd be overkill and skipped it. Plus we're between pokemon generations anyway, a gen 8 pokemon could very well be DLC instead.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Can I just say that if this thing is fake I want to commend the leaker for bsing ****ing GRINCH renders.

Like damn. You really thought this story out as far as to include a movie that would have its promotional run around the same time as Smash.

It's real good.

(Also I'm gonna take ponycorn's role here and say a leak isn't true or false purely on what characters it adds. You should look at the actual leak itself.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean that's fine, just don't say the roster is bad/Sakurai is lazy or something like that, I've seen enough douchebags on 4chan who have that mentality. You have the right to be personally disappointed but I think this roster makes more people happy than the opposite which is why I don't believe people should be complaining
Yeah, Im peronally dissapointed and while I cant say The roster is good from my own personal view, its good for other people, just not for me, sadly.

i really do wanna like the game but Im finding it hard to with my intrest in the characters being low

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something's not sitting right...

Seems like a lot to reveal all in one go. It makes for a very odd reveal cycle.

Start with 1 newcomer,
then 7 returning veterans, an echo and a newcomer
Then two Newcomers and Three Echos
Then one Newcomer by herself
and now (apparently) 5 Newcomers and two Echos.

I can't but my full support behind it but it's more to do with a gut feeling than evidence.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If this leak is real it's surprising that we actually got 15 newcomers which is one more than what Melee got. I made this edit of this infographic to show how the newcomer count and lineup looks like throughout the Smash series if this leak is real

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I don't think a SMRPG stage will happen, many were dead set on getting gangplank galleon alongside K Rool and look how that turned out
It might be a different situation because he’s still technically third party, and we already have a few DK stages

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mean after getting Pichu, squirtle and Ivysaur all back I don't think it's impossible they'd think it'd be overkill and skipped it. Plus we're between pokemon generations anyway, a gen 8 pokemon could very well be DLC instead.
Melmetal as a DLC heavyweight?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't mean this to prove or disprove anything but from what I hear this is just screen caps from a Snapchat video then turned into a collage. Snapchat specifically looks like garbage on Android because the app has an in with Apple so rather than using an Android device's actual camera directly it records video by recording the screen, which is why Android Snapchat videos ALL look like that.

The amount of characters and the shadows thing are both suspect but I still think the Grinch and everything related to it are too suspiciously plausible to call total fake. It could be like the ESRB leak again where one dude shared it to the wrong person and it spread because said wrong person wanted glory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If this leak is real it's surprising that we actually got 15 newcomers which is one more than what Melee got. I made this edit of this infographic to show how the newcomer count and lineup looks like throughout the Smash series if this leak is real
You do know that image doesn't have Isabelle on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom