• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shadows are attached to their characters and don't disappear when moved because the lighting source in the mural drawing is consistent. There's literally no shadow below Snake even though he has had one in the mural since Day One, his shadow isn't gonna suddenly disappear, and the same applies to all other characters. I've presented you the evidence but you refuse to listen.
most.png

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Star Fox unfortunately isn't Fire Emblem. :dazwa:

...Which is sad in of it's own right, come the **** on Nintendo. Make Assault 2 already.
I see you're making excuses to justify the unjustifiable assumption that the rumour is fake because *insert character is a shoo-in despite no good reason to think so* despite being the same kind of logic that made people dismiss actual legitimate leaks from the past. Not getting a Three Houses DLC character is far from a headscratcher and it's a scenario that is believable. It doesn't make this rumour fake in of itself and to use that kind of logic is absurd.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Can we get the tldr summary and image reposted, so we don't have to go searching for it? I am curious about it
Also how does the Grinch tie into all this
Lastly: I'm fine without a Pokemon in the base download. I'd rather them take their time & weigh their options

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Looks like I missed a lot last night. To think there's a new leak where one of the keys to busting it is the damn Grinch who stole Christmas. What a world.

As for the leak itself, I'm not sold on it. Although it'd be incredibly difficult to recreate the banner, cutting out every character and moving them one-by-one, all while having to fill in the blanks from the background. Yet it isn't impossible, and the image being small and blurred is convenient for hiding errors/inconsistencies with the art.

Plus, the roster size her seems way too generous. Ten newcomers and six clones is a pretty big amount, and seems even more unlikely when you factor in the seven returning veterans. That's a net increase of 23 fighters over Smash 4. As for the possibly leaked characters themselves, they all have their merits, and no-one sticks out too badly. Mach Rider could actually be pretty cool, the more I think about it.

Lastly, I don't think the lack of a new Pokemon itself busts the leak. With essentially three returning Pokemon characters, Sakurai may have felt that adding a new Pokemon wasn't as much of a priority. I know Sakurai has stated he sets aside a spot for a new Pokemon and a new Fire Emblem lord, but the latter doesn't seem to have taken place, as Chrom is an older character and just a clone. Still possible we can see a new Pokemon as DLC, though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shadows are attached to their characters and don't disappear when moved because the lighting source in the mural drawing is consistent. There's literally no shadow below Snake even though he has had one in the mural since Day One, his shadow isn't gonna suddenly disappear, and the same applies to all other characters. I've presented you the evidence but you refuse to listen.
View attachment 171524
oh my god I can't wait to see how this post ages because hahahahahahahaha either way it'll be hilarious to me

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Mach Rider... might be female.

Don't forget :ultinkling: (who's default alt is the female one).

You can also make arguments for :ultdarksamus: being female.

And don't forget all the females that are already in the game.
dark samus is not female. just throwing it out there.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I guess this mural could include DLC. Mach Rider, Isaac, Chorus Kids and Echoes as final Base Roster characters, then Banjo Kazooie and Geno as Mewtwo-esque DLC reveal or a combination of that. (Maybe move Isaac to DLC)
But that's still a lot of characters and trailers to go when Sakurai said they'd slow down.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Personal RH bias aside, I think the Chorus Kids makes this leak worth noting...
Ditto and Sukapon were planned for Melee as assists and got scrapped, now they're finnaly in Ultimate.
I don't think this is a coincidence. Sakurai probably wants a lot of the scrapped content from previous games to finally make their debut...
Chorus Kids just makes sense after they were scrapped from Smash 4

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm not going to pretend this is evidence of anything so don't quote me on this as some kind of proof either way, but Pikachu's spatial positioning on this poster makes no sense to me.

Despite being in front of Cloud's sword, Cloud is still generally the one in the front. Also while you clearly can see Pikachu's shadow... it doesn't really drop right to me. It should be further down. It looks like Pikachu is plastered ontop of the poster itself rather than being a "part" of the poster.

It's not like you can't consolidate Cloud or Pikachu's positions better if you want Pikachu to be the one in front. You can move Cloud up, or move Pikachu down. It looks really awkward compared to the rest of the actual poster - not that they'd make this kind of mistake but unless I'm crazy it looks unbecomingly poor.
Wouldn't surprise me if both Square Enix and TPC were stubborn enough to demand front billing.

Actually, have we ever seen Pikachu uncovered from Cloud like that before...?

D

Deleted member

I see you're making excuses to justify the unjustifiable assumption that the rumour is fake because *insert character is a shoo-in despite no good reason to think so* despite being the same kind of logic that made people dismiss actual legitimate leaks from the past. Not getting a Three Houses DLC character is far from a headscratcher and it's a scenario that is believable. It doesn't make this rumour fake in of itself and to use that kind of logic is absurd.
...Even though I never made any "unjustifiable assumptions" and excuses, which made you completely look past my banter and even the entirety of my original post?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Near Luigi
Thanks.

...Hm... if I'm looking at the right thing... I think what you can see is R.O.B. blending in with Luigi's smoke trail, there's also the fact that the middle of the banner is doubled up for some reason (there's two Luigi heads).

Or maybe I'm just not looking in the same place.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I guess this mural could include DLC. Mach Rider, Isaac, Chorus Kids and Echoes as final Base Roster characters, then Banjo Kazooie and Geno as Mewtwo-esque DLC reveal or a combination of that. (Maybe move Isaac to DLC)
But that's still a lot of characters and trailers to go when Sakurai said they'd slow down.
That's the only way this makes sense: Banjo and Geno as early DLC teasers.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the leak is true then the newcomer forum is going to get really quiet, it's almost a homerun. Like, there are obviously a few active ones that will still be going, like the Bandana Dee, Shantae, Dixie and Skull Kid ones, but that's pretty much it really, the days of megaton threads are long gone by that point.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
View attachment 171524
Shadow deconfirmed, go home everyone
If the leak is true then the newcomer forum is going to get really quiet, it's almost a homerun. Like, there are obviously a few active ones that will still be going, like the Bandana Dee, Shantae, Dixie and Skull Kid ones, but that's pretty much it really, the days of megaton threads are long gone by that point.
No, no it won’t. People will just find the next “big” characters to latch onto. We already have Waluigi.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm headed to get some sleep, but I'd very much like any major updates sent to me via PMs. It'd be greatly appreciated that way I don't have to wade through the 898 pages the thread will probably grow in that event.

Thanks in advance whoever. :D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Normally I'd be a little upset that this kind of surprise (may have been) ruined, but I don't think knowing about Geno or Banjo ahead of time will make me ugly cry any less when they're revealed.
I know what you mean. Like Pokemon, leaks are virtually inevitable for this franchise, with only the original not having a total blowout before launch. The timeframe is just right too. The 30 year old, Master degree, logical adult me wants to keep looking at the evidence but the 7 year old me who said goodbye to his favorite video game character with tears in his eyes while his best friend sat next to him wants it to be real so damn bad. Even if it's real, I don't think the actual reveal with have any less of an emotional impact at this point.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Disproved by shadow(s)
I feel sorry for them.

I am going to go back to the box for safety. Had me fooled. (but I will keep my eye on it.)

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Thanks.

...Hm... if I'm looking at the right thing... I think what you can see is R.O.B. blending in with Luigi's smoke trail, there's also the fact that the middle of the banner is doubled up for some reason (there's two Luigi heads).

Or maybe I'm just not looking in the same place.
im a graphic designer and we used to print some big printing wall.
sometime you need to "extand" we called that "bleed" and
you need 2 luigi head to put the luigi head on the 2nd one for a better installation.
i dont know how to explain and i dont speak english very welll but i tried :p

D

Deleted member

Actually, wait a minute, y'all. What about Incineroar? I thought he was a lock? Did I miss something?

Untouch

Smash Master
I just realized.
If this leak is fake, it's going to likely be Incineroar that deconfirms it.
People are going to be even MADDER at his inclusion, I can't wait.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee will be close to being that big character and Dixie fans will keep persevering and might get some new blood from the Gangplank Gang but yeah, Everyone Would Be There.
And personally I really hope Toad finally gets a big push, but I don't expect it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only level of debate is wether that's a smoke trail or Gardevoir and even then I'm leaning more smoke than Psychic. Still just a bit too blurry to be sure though.

blackghost

Smash Champion
, and my honest opinion if the leak real i'll be looking forward more to DLC inclusions than the rest of most of the roster unless shadow has an original moveset. the lack of elma, rex, or a more relevant 3rd party is surprising but businesswise makes sense. they can easily be more profitable as dlc over geno.
if its fake then there will be salt. still cant tell if people believe this leak base don who is in it or the quality. i think its a mix. if this leak revealed jeanne, FE character, gengar, and wonder red i doubt it would have this much push behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom