• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
Lol what even is this meme? It's like a half-melted M&M with the swag ratio of Cool Spot...

Anyways, I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't it be interesting if we someday saw an interview or something similar where Sakurai addressed certain fake leaks?
Oh It's just Picardia. I used the Blue/Brown pattern for Geno.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You could pick up a new hobby! Like-

Collecting stamps.
Learning to draw.
Playing an instrument.
Taking care of your child that you've neglected.
I guess to be efficient I could draw stamps of my neglected child playing an instrument.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So...

am i the only one who doesn't think sassy geno is entirely dead yet?

Looking at the two pictures side-by-side, the PM Geno has his head tilted back slightly further than Sassy Geno. Also, it's entirely possible for the supposed animation to look very similar to a mod. The Mario Bros. and Doc, who seem to have very similar builds to Geno, have very similar dizzy animations to this supposed Geno one probably, complete with a head tilt.

The thing that makes it suspicious to me is not the similarity of the two animations, but how Geno's face is emotionless in the leaked picture.

Probably the denial talking, but my thoughts.
It's perfectly healthy to think that way since you're at least acknowledging it could just be you. It's just pictures at the end of the day, for all we know, if Geno does make it, someone could go back and re create the photo to a T and we'd all look like a bunch of loons. We don't know yet.

Given the evidence presented, it's more the fact that it's a massive, MASSIVE maybe. It was already teetering on the edge of proof or deconfirmation regardless.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I proved to 2 discords the Geno leak was fake and even proved it fake in the Geno thread, and helped prove it fake in here.

I'm not pissed because the Geno leak is fake.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'd like to see him address the ESRB leak. We never really get to hear what he thinks of specific leaks.

In fact, I'd like to see Sakurai himself call out Vergeben and his sources.
"I can't say much, except I've dispatched seven highly trained professionals to find him."

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'd like to see him address the ESRB leak. We never really get to hear what he thinks of specific leaks.

In fact, I'd like to see Sakurai himself call out Vergeben and his sources.
Yea, I've sometimes wondered what he thought when he saw the ESRB leak. I think if he were to talk about it now, he'd probably laugh it off since he seems like such a chill dude, but I'm sure he was probably pretty angry when that came out. I know I probably would be if I were him.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Memory's foggy, but I definitely remember people mentioning Tansuit back after the November 2015 Direct.

But that was about as far as it went.

the thing with tansut was that it was cryptic and no one paid attention to it UNTIL we got cloud and it was like "oh look this guy was hinting at cloud" but by the time that happened we had seen cloud so the info was irrelevant.

All that I recalled of it was that I did sort-of remember people saying someone guessed cloud but i never looked into it much back then cause...we already knew cloud was in by the time anyone mentioned it so I didnt really care.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'll just lighten the mood with this Geno animation by TerminalMontage:
Reminds me of the time I decided to take his other Geno Video, and make the full background of it:

Honestly, I analyzed everything for a while.. And it all completely made sense. He put effort and thought into this background.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
the thing with tansut was that it was cryptic and no one paid attention to it UNTIL we got cloud and it was like "oh look this guy was hinting at cloud" but by the time that happened we had seen cloud so the info was irrelevant.

All that I recalled of it was that I did sort-of remember people saying someone guessed cloud but i never looked into it much back then cause...we already knew cloud was in by the time anyone mentioned it so I didnt really care.
I think my stance on it right now is that, I'll wait and see if he was right or wrong so I can be like everyone else and act like I was correct either way.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, the biggest thing I have to wonder in terms of Geno getting in would be:
"What would Square Enix get out of it?"
Clearly if Geno was a Nintendo character, Sakurai would've long since put him in by now, but that's ignoring SE's involvement.

What could they possibly gain from lending Geno to Smash compared to Cloud who also promoted SE's flagship franchise? (fan thank you letters notwithstanding of course)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think my stance on it right now is that, I'll wait and see if he was right or wrong so I can be like everyone else and act like I was correct either way.
Exactly. You can't be wrong if you wait and see to be truth since you never said anything about it.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

That's the big brain game. I like it. I do the same with the box theory.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, the biggest thing I have to wonder in terms of Geno getting in would be:
Clearly if Geno was a Nintendo character, Sakurai would've long since put him in by now, but that's ignoring SE's involvement.

What could they possibly gain from lending Geno to Smash compared to Cloud who also promoted SE's flagship franchise? (fan thank you letters notwithstanding of course)
PR. Them allowing Geno to be in due to fan popularity will be very good PR.
Money. They will make a great bit of money either way out of this.
Strengthens their relationship with Nintendo even further.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Besides the adoration of fans and the money to get him in? Not much I don't think.
Doesn't mean it can't happen though. Just as Square could say no they could easily say "eh whatever. Go ahead."

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Cloud returning, and Dragon Quest character DLC possibly. Like how Snake finally gets in right as Simon and Richter get in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Reminds me of the time I decided to take his other Geno Video, and make the full background of it:

Honestly, I analyzed everything for a while.. And it all completely made sense. He put effort and thought into this background.
That's very good :)

Also:

"Sakurai uses Gundam figure rifle as reference for Geno arm??" YESSSS

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Took some consideration but my list is changed now.

Survived::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultfox::ultbowser::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultrichter::ultkrool:

Snapped: :ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultlucina::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle:

On a side note too. :p

:ultlucas:: Rosalina...I don't feel so good.
:ultrosalina:: Are you alright?
:ultlucas:: I don't know. I don't know what's happening.
*Hugs Rosalina*
:ultlucas:: I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go...Rosalina please, please I don't wanna go...I don't wanna go...
*Rosalina helps Lucas to the ground to lay down*
:ultlucas:: I'm sorry.
*Lucas dusts away*

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

I used to think the same thing, but I've come around recently. The reality is: What do they have to lose? Nintendo wants to pay them a boatload of money for a relatively obscure character they have no desire to ever use again? Sounds like a win-win for them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been telling people for a while not to put their trust in that Geno image.

I'm surprised what didn't debunk it was the fact it was tied to the horrible Dixie/ Banjo image.

Shroob

Sup?
I used to think the same thing, but I've come around recently. The reality is: What do they have to lose? Nintendo wants to pay them a boatload of money for a relatively obscure character they have no desire to ever use again? Sounds like a win-win for them.
I agree, but it loops back around to "What do they have to gain" as well.

Yeah, Cloud's "Mister RPG" and iconic, but he's also perfect brand marketing, especially since FF7 remake is coming.... maybe before the heat death of the universe?

Geno's.....a party member from a single game, and had a cameo in one other game.

They have nothing to lose, but they also have very little to gain at the same time.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Took some consideration but my list is changed now.

Survived::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultfox::ultbowser::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultrichter::ultkrool:

Snapped: :ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultlucina::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle:

On a side note too. :p

:ultlucas:: Rosalina...I don't feel so good.
:ultrosalina:: Are you alright?
:ultlucas:: I don't know. I don't know what's happening.
*Hugs Rosalina*
:ultlucas:: I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go...Mom please, please I don't wanna go...I don't wanna go...
*Rosalina helps Lucas to the ground to lay down*
:ultlucas:: I'm sorry.
*Lucas dusts away*

I trusted you...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It was Vifam not Gundam

also neither rifle look close to geno's gun arm so it would be weird thing to take reference from

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They have nothing to lose, but they also have very little to gain at the same time.
Other than that sweet, sweet Nintendo cash for something otherwise rotting in their basement.

Super Mario RPG 2: Geno's Story gets developed and released after his appearance in Ultimate
The Geno anime gets made

The year is 2025: Geno is now the most recognizable character in history

3 people in this thread cry because it's not fair

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I agree, but it loops back around to "What do they have to gain" as well.

Yeah, Cloud's "Mister RPG" and iconic, but he's also perfect brand marketing, especially since FF7 remake is coming.... maybe before the heat death of the universe?

Geno's.....a party member from a single game, and had a cameo in one other game.

Except they've already gained so much from Cloud alone, and that's not going to get topped regardless. The only possible way they could top Cloud financial/sheer bombshell wise is Sora, and we already know that's another can of worms entirely.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Seeing Banjo & Kazooie on that conspiracy board warms the cockles of my heart. Though it reminds me I'm not doing a good job as a Banjo & Kazooie fan of creating my own conspiracy board...

- Phil Spencer 2015 tweet = 2015 fighter ballot :)
- Phil Spencer 2018 tweet--NDA deal breaker? :(
- Verge: Microsoft involved :awesome:
- N64 Banjo merch in 2018 NOT Microsoft Banjo Merch?!

- King K Rool - Developed originally by Rare, one more hurdle down? :ultkrool:
- Only 103 stages? 108 stages?! 103 stages!?!?! :facepalm:
- Steve grrrrrrr :c
- Geno: Nintendo character owned by third party from the ninties wanted since Melee. Same person?! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom