• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
This is off topic but do third party characters have any memory blog updates on the website? idk if this happened before or I'm just late to notice it, since Cloud is the blog update for today and there's no memory.
I decided to check the Japanese version of the site just to make sure, and I found four instances of Memory posts. From oldest to newest, with the games that are featured:

:ultmegaman: (Mega Man 1)
:ultsimon: (Castlevania 1)
:ultrichter: (Rondo of Blood)
:ultryu: (Street Fighter II)

As far as I know, this is all that has been shown as far as third-party memories are concerned. It makes sense for :ultsnake: & :ultcloud:, considering :ultsnake: references his MGS appearances and :ultcloud: is the face of FF7, both of which are synonymous with Playstation. :ultrichter: gets a pass because the SNES did get a version of Rondo of Blood known as Dracula X. I say it's interesting that :ultsonic: didn't receive one, though I suppose it is a similar case to :ultsnake: & :ultcloud:, though with Sega being a first-party company at the time rather than third-party as they have been for quite some time now.

This does make me believe that both :ultpacman: & :ultbayonetta: will receive memory posts as well, but we shall have to wait and see on that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The day there’s a Smash Direct reveal will be the day those who have waited impatiently will die...of hype

The patient ones will manage to live due to perfect balance

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It probably will be. If it's not recency Sakurai is after when considering it, then it's Erdrick. It all circles back to his story lately (Builders).
I'd be cool with the Erdrick getting in too. I need to play the trilogy. Especially after playing XI.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Are you guys sure that whoever is sitting on the throne in the new version of Castle Siege is not Zelguis (aka Black Knight)?

This is a very old topic...and I believe there’s no chance in another FE rep happening in the base game
Wait wait wait hold up

The Ken leak might have just been proven fake?

Damn son this is HUGE if true
What

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Listen, I want Geno a lot. That being said, there's one Mario RPG character who is much more deserving. Why hasn't anyone considered...
"Invisible NPC behind house in Rose Town"? Cause he's a stud.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I decided to check the Japanese version of the site just to make sure, and I found four instances of Memory posts. From oldest to newest, with the games that are featured:

As far as I know, this is all that has been shown as far as third-party memories are concerned. It makes sense for :ultsnake: & :ultcloud:, considering :ultsnake: references his MGS appearances and :ultcloud: is the face of FF7, both of which are synonymous with Playstation. :ultrichter: gets a pass because the SNES did get a version of Rondo of Blood known as Dracula X. I say it's interesting that :ultsonic: didn't receive one, though I suppose it is a similar case to :ultsnake: & :ultcloud:, though with Sega being a first-party company at the time rather than third-party as they have been for quite some time now.

This does make me believe that both :ultpacman: & :ultbayonetta: will receive memory posts as well, but we shall have to wait and see on that.
Thanks. Also I just remembered were getting FF7 on switch next year. It still feels so unreal.

NineS

Smash Lord
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435573767
oh uh, looks like someone claimed that he was responsible for making ken model from ken leak.

In other word, looks like dude that said there was real leak among fake leaks was totally right after all. If he knew it was that image, he wouldn't bother to say anything else about that which basically confirms it was actually fake and we got fooled so hard.
Anyone could claim responsibility for it. Don't get your hopes up Or low..? While the leak itself isn't confirmed to be real, I don't trust the poster saying they're the creator of the leak. I could do that myself if I wanted to. Unless he goes in-depth about it, or provides actual evidence, remain skeptical if the person taking credit for it is the real guy.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
oh uh, looks like someone claimed that he was responsible for making ken model from ken leak.

In other word, looks like dude that said there was real leak among fake leaks was totally right after all. If he knew it was that image, he wouldn't bother to say anything else about that which basically confirms it was actually fake and we got fooled so hard.
Uhm, he just posted a blurry image of the model.

Until he actually provides evidence, this means nothing.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I honestly feel Sakurai just doesn't care about Sonic, but aknowledges his popularity.
At least that's a big step forward from when I believed he outright hated the character in Brawl.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

4chan ain't the best place to oust yourself if you want it to be taken seriously this long after it's become popular.

The anonymity wrecks that kind of suggestion.

D

Deleted member

I honestly feel Sakurai just doesn't care about Sonic, but aknowledges his popularity.
At least that's a big step forward from when I believed he outright hated the character in Brawl.
What makes you think that? Honestly, if Sakurai does dislike Sonic, I can't really blame him.

NineS

Smash Lord
Wait really? Oh wow. If that's true, then we all just got played hard.
Elaborate, m8
Wait wait wait hold up

The Ken leak might have just been proven fake?

Damn son this is HUGE if true
No evidence was provided other than the guy saying "Hey guys, I'm the person who made this leak. It was for a project." along with a blurry photo taken of the leak.

Don't assume he's the creator. He has no evidence to say so, and any one of us could hop on there and do the exact same thing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Riveting, we now have fake counter leaks messing with the most believable leaks.

This reeks of desperation.

D

Deleted member

No evidence was provided other than the guy saying "Hey guys, I'm the person who made this leak. It was for a project." along with a blurry photo taken of the leak.

Don't assume he's the creator. He has no evidence to say so, and any one of us could hop on there and do the exact same thing.
Oh. Welp, there goes that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"carefully cut it out"

yup, not buying it; why cut him out instead of posting the whole photo? The things people do to try and "prove" something isn't true (though I'll admit it isn't confirmed yet, but it's basically real imo).

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
D

Deleted member

This Ken situation reminds me of the time the Duck Hunt render was “found” and it disproved the ESRB leak. I’m going to need more proof to believe that that guy’s the creator

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What makes you think that? Honestly, if Sakurai does dislike Sonic, I can't really blame him.
I do not see Sakurai hating sonic. When Sonic was added in Brawl, he was the last fighter in and was the reason for the delay. I doubt they had time to make a trailer for him. None of the returning vets outside of Charizard received a trailer for Wii U.
And for Ultimate, only newcomers.

As for Sonic. He plays great and had the Megaman treatment.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
Nothing anyone knows other than them having demo booths.

Could be something interesting, could be standard e3 build, could be sneaky updated build, who knows

(spoiler alert, it'll be the e3 build)
Lol I bet we'll get nothing like always thanks bro

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m quite skeptical of this random dude claiming he made Ken. Not only does the pic prove nothing, but they haven’t explained anything.

Still need to explain how they got Ivysaur, Pichu, and Pac Man in those poses when they haven’t been seen elsewhere to be copied and pasted.

Hasn’t easily explained inkless Moray Towers.

Also, how could he have been preparing a Ken model up to TWO YEARS AGO that lines up with how Ryu was designed for Ultimate? That part literally doesn’t make any sense. Vaan literally came in here and showed it’s extremely close to Ultimate Ryu, and isn’t a Modded Ryu from Smash Wii U.

I’m not standing up against this because I think it’s real necessarily, or want Box leak to happen. I just think this is some guy trying to take Ken down because he doesn’t want Ken.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Nothing anyone knows other than them having demo booths.

Could be something interesting, could be standard e3 build, could be sneaky updated build, who knows

(spoiler alert, it'll be the e3 build)
It's still kind of weird that they're keeping it behind closed doors. Maybe it'll just show off characters we haven't seen in action yet (whether they're new or returning).

D

Deleted member

I do not see Sakurai hating sonic. When Sonic was added in Brawl, he was the last fighter in and was the reason for the delay. I doubt they had time to make a trailer for him. None of the returning vets outside of Charizard received a trailer for Wii U.
And for Ultimate, only newcomers.

As for Sonic. He plays great and had the Megaman treatment.
I'm well aware that Sonic delayed Brawl's release date. I was asking why that patricular person though that.
As for the second part of my post, I was referering to Sonic in general.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m quite skeptical of this random dude claiming he made Ken. Not only does the pic prove nothing, but they haven’t explained anything.

Still need to explain how they got Ivysaur, Pichu, and Pac Man in those poses when they haven’t been seen elsewhere to be copied and pasted.

Hasn’t easily explained inkless Moray Towers.

Also, how could he have been preparing a Ken model up to TWO YEARS AGO that lines up with how Ryu was designed for Ultimate? That part literally doesn’t make any sense.

I’m not standing up against this because I think it’s real necessarily, or want Box leak to happen. I just think this is some guy trying to take Ken down because he doesn’t want Ken.
Not fully related...but what picture/claim

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently, according to a recent 4chan post, the guy forgot to get rid of a bit of Moray Towers from the 'image' he provided, meaning he just cropped Ken out of the leak.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Funny how his proof has all the same jpeg artifacting as the leaked image.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Riveting, we now have fake counter leaks messing with the most believable leaks.

This reeks of desperation.
this isn't new. Remember Tower of Smash? Hell every "leak" that goes "ACTUALY VERGEAVN WAS WRONG11111"

kylexv

Smash Master
This Ken situation reminds me of the time the Duck Hunt render was “found” and it disproved the ESRB leak. I’m going to need more proof to believe that that guy’s the creator
If anyone's wondering, somebody posted this monstrosity and claimed that Duck Hunt's render was based off of it:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Imagine an M. Bison boss fight in Spirits mode. I could also see a bonus stage where you beat up the car like in Street Fighter.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hi guys, I made the Ken leak. lol

That's pretty much as much evidence as provided. I could come up with a blurred out pic of the render, but that would required soooome work. Not sure if this does anything to the Ken leak, unless he's able to provide real proof that he did it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Me, "> So you just 'happened' to know exactly how many polygons Ryu's gi in Ultimate would have two years before it happened? Get the **** out of here. Not only that but you remade an entire stage, 3 veterans in never before seen poses/angles and a render? ****.off."

Him, "
1. Didn't know how many poly's, just made a detailed model with increased shading. And I didn't know anything about Ultimate or that I was going to make this, I just like the character.

2. I didn't remake an entire stage, I used a clone tool on photoshop along with just some general things that would go under 'photoshop'

3. I 'quickly' made the veterans after the fact that I decided to make it into a smash leak. I did some retouching on Ryu again to make him fit even more into the Ultimate style. "

Yeah, this guy's full of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom