• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I still don't fully understand what's happening here?
The game has gone gold, aka it's ready for shipping, aka it's done. This means a full version of the game is leakable, and if I understand correctly, people like journalists are receiving the complete game.

Now, the menu music got leaked on youtube. However, youtube is conveniently crashing atm.

Additionally, a credible leaker has claimed one of the many image leaks is in fact not fake (other than the Ken one) and everyone is trying to figure out which it could be

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
It really can't be a coincidence that all of these sites are going down as we're getting these bombs dropped on us. Peeps like Crunchii and the mystery cloudleaker of resetera are stirring the fugg out of the beehive.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everybody, we've truly entered the final stretch. Regardless of boxes, blogs, or whatever else, stick by your most wanted. Don't lose hope until the very end. Whether its a dinosaur echo with shades, a bear and a bird, a puppet, a trio of musical children, or whatever else, keep believing. A miracle just might come true.
Incineroar and Geno, my two boys. I hope they're in!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But if you allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a minute: was it really a server crash, or was it deliberate? I mean, come on, it shouldn't have been such a massive wave to take the site down when it's got a large server as is.

Perhaps... Order 66 was executed. take this seriously dude i dare you
Fans: "Sakurai can't keep all the leaks from happeni-"
Sakurai:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Lagging here too Smashboards might crash soon, a few other online sites and programs i got are also lagging. Cant be 100% sure but we may have broke the internet... that or my ISP sucks.

NNID
Samyatang
LITERALLY EVERY FIVE POSTS WITH THIS no offense its just getting really irritating at this point

Go back one page, and everything will be clear.
Woah chill out with the giant angry letters. o.o I'm just popping in and trying to see what exactly is going on, this thread is moving fast and it seems like something is happening every second now.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Again, the amount of money and joy this game is gonna bring Sakurai is unfathomable to us.
I'm not too worried about our good savior being upset by a pre-Direct leak. I hope he's alright with it though, I love that man.
Its not even that. Its the work and effort put into them. A surprise can only happen once. Yes, I want leaks, but I'd rather be surprised by a direct. I'm sure most people would.

kylexv

Smash Master
For everyone that is utterly confused about everything, a quick TLDR:

• A high quality rip of the Smash Ultimate Main Menu theme was posted by Crunchii (and no, I don't mean Siivagunner)
  • The game has gone gold. It is now finished
  • Some bar in Quebec is hosting a Nintendo-related event they can't talk about yet on Thursday
  • The guy that supposedly leaked Cloud is saying that there is a real leak out somewhere, but we don't know if the mass internet (meaning, more than just a select few people) have seen it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Its not even that. Its the work and effort put into them. A surprise can only happen once. Yes, I want leaks, but I'd rather be surprised by a direct. I'm sure most people would.
I want to be surprised as well. As much as I dig into leaks, I want to be shocked more than anything; and I expect to still be shocked.
But we're still going to see and admire their work and their work will be immortalized.

Leaks do suck, but my point is that Sakurai isn't gonna be ruined over it nor will his team.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, I get that you're all excited, but please, in the words of our Samuel L Jackson:
Mod Edit: sorry. Inappropriate. Hilarious but inappropriate
User Edit: Whoops.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So glad I copped the menu theme as an mp4 before youtube done ****ed up (eat your heart out whoever got it as an mp3 my number is 1 higher than yours). Its an absolute bop. Anyways, give us full leaks now. Im ready!

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, now the Smash website TOO?

I ****ING KNEW Y2K WAS REAL AND COMING.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Of all the stages for that to happen, why that one? :yoshi:
"I heard your complaints about Super Happy Tree sounding too cheesy to be a good name, so we decided to make it sexier by releasing the English name and just using the Spanish one. *sexy growl*" - Sakurai, probably

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, it's kind of a cognitive disconnect. On the one hand, I really want leaks. On the other hand, I want Sakurai to be able to surprise us on his own timing.

Just pls make the timing quicker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom