• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
This would be a really bizarre thing to fake though.

"Ha, DUDE, I bet we could TOTALLY trick a bunch of people into thinking that Nintendo is preparing for a Smash Direct at some point in the future!"

"Bwahaha, you're right we could totally bamboozle them!"

It's like making a fake screenshot to leak that Sonic is in the game. We already know that, everyone knows that.

Like if it is fake, ok good job I guess???

And if it's real, ok good job I guess???

Literally doesn't matter.
Wouldn't be the first time someone tried "leaking" something that almost everyone expected to happen, remember the "Ness leak" for Smash 4 where someone went through the effort to create their own Ness render to pass off as a leak, as if anyone was expecting Ness to get cut (it also tried "leaking" Jigglypuff and while an argument could be made that she was vulnerable, many if not the majority of people are ardent in their belief that "the original 12 can't be cut!" and thus were expecting Jigglypuff as "obvious" anyway).

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Next time a leak like this comes from anyone aside from Vergeben, I'm going to ask myself, "Why would it be real?" instead of the more hopeful and desperate "Why wouldn't it be?" first.

Then, I'm going to take a long, hard look at myself in the mirror in disbelief, and realize that it's not a mirror, it's just my screen, on a false leak.

Shroob

Sup?
Its on you to not be like that though, play some backlog games, go outside, something y'know? Smash bros speculation ain't that important.
Trust me, when you're in a spot where you exist depressed 95% of the day and Smash is that one sparkle that keeps you going, **** sucks my man. :drsad:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's been two months since 8.8 and a month since Isabelle, and we're less than 2 until the game launches.

We're ****ing starving for info.
I wouldn't turn down a garnish or two more, but if this was all the meal contained, I'd gladly pay the cheque. It'd certainly be the biggest meal to date. Just waiting for it to come out of the kitchen now, but all things considered, and especially compared to normal, it's been a pretty short wait.

You guys must have some ravenous appetites. Then again this place is never full, is it.

NineS

Smash Lord
I wouldn't turn down a garnish or two more, but if this was all the meal contained, I'd gladly pay the cheque. It'd certainly be the biggest meal to date. Just waiting for it to come out of the kitchen now, but all things considered, and especially compared to normal, it's been a pretty short wait.

You guys must have some ravenous appetites. Then again this place is never full, is it.
We're like Yoshi or Kirby. It's suffering to be put on a diet like this. . . To some of us.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This place is definitely full of it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have sword metaphors, but those don't usually go well. No matter whether you're on the receiving end or giving end, you'll feel skewered when it comes to those.
I think you're using the sword wrong if you are getting skewered from the hilt

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 169831
No more food metaphors.
No need to be bitter, thought I'd just spice things up a bit from the usual salt. If people would rather stay sour that's on them, but while conversation might be a little stale, I think this situation, compared to past ones, is pretty sweet.

:D

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No need to be bitter, thought I'd just spice things up a bit from the usual salt. If people would rather stay sour that's on them, but I think this situation, compared to past ones, is pretty sweet.

:D
That's a savory take

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
......What happened? :drshrug:
I think he derailed the thread. Though I was also warned for spam earlier despite being clear but I'm not going appeal the warning nor will I tell you, it's better if you don't know. (And my warning was 0 points soo...)

It's fake, mates.
Wait what? It's fake? Um, why are they still discussing about this? I'm sorry if it was fake, but I just woke up and skimmed through the pages - I really don't like to read very long posts.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think he derailed the thread. Though I was also warned for spam earlier despite being clear but I'm not going appeal the warning nor will I tell you, it's better if you don't know. (And my warning was 0 points soo...)

Wait what? It's fake? Um, why are they still discussing about this?
Because some people are late to the thread.

The guy who provided 'evidence' was shown to be fake, so it's literally ONE GUY's WORD versus the entire rest of the internet.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
you have all devolved into making food puns. yeah no, i'm out. i'll be back in the morning/afternoon tomorrow, and when I get back, I expect to see quality ****posts, like that one time the dude with the batman avatar accidentally asked which smash character we'd have sex with.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Hey, even if this notification thing wasn't real, at least this spiced up the speculation for.... about a minute.

I mean, that's better than nothing, right?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
you have all devolved into making food puns. yeah no, i'm out. i'll be back in the morning/afternoon tomorrow, and when I get back, I expect to see quality ****posts, like that one time the dude with the batman avatar accidentally asked which smash character we'd have sex with.
"Accidentally"

That wasn't an accident lol

NineS

Smash Lord
Well, isn't that a shocking outcome. You just had to jolt. Hope we didn't tick you.

I'm not sorry.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Because some people are late to the thread.

The guy who provided 'evidence' was shown to be fake, so it's literally ONE GUY's WORD versus the entire rest of the internet.
I see....That's interesting. I read the latest posts on Reddit about it and OP said that he doesn't care about the popularity. He says that this notification has been stuck like this, it won't go away.

Unill we get evidence of more peoples getting the notification, I'm just going to call it fake. Thanks!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
you guys

hes fed up

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I can't believe this cute Pokemon is saying this kind of stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom