• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think this ones real necessarily (i dont think icicle mountain is returning due to stage transformations) but they could decide to remove the stage logo thing.

Pichu having its ear cut short on the ken image leak would be similar style minor changes from different builds of the game.

Again i dont think its real but just saying.
This is present on both the E3 demo and the August 8th direct. (Though this is based on the newer build, the E3 demo didn't have the buttons for Music and Omega).

I don't think it's something they removed. Also they've been doing this since Brawl.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
that geno looks pretty bad, ngl. Like whoever made it tried way too hard to make it look legit and it ended up just looking garbage but in a whole different way.

If geno looks like that I'll regret supporting him

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fusion is lame after mortal kombat did darkseid and shao khan... Unoriginal and lame. X-men has the best villains.
Dr. Doom > Spider-Man Villains = X-Men Villains > Ultron > The rest.

Marvel's side for MVC could just be Spider-Man characters and X-Men characters with Dr. Doom and it would honestly improve greatly. Though they wouldn't get rid of Cap, Hulk or Iron Man anyway.

Every "leak" is the same now so debunking them have gotten really boring.
Ken
Incineroar
Geno
Steve
Shadow
Some WIldcard Character

That's all of them now.
Hey now, some of those have Sora instead of Geno, totally more interesting.

But I get what you mean. Now that most leaks have the same supposed info, the discussion has circled around itself even faster than it used to.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ooooh boy...I don't even know.
The biggest red flag is certainly Icicle Mountain without it's logo.
But the actual render...perhaps used the splash screen to hide it's details or make them pop more.
Compared to other victory animations and there is a flash that goes off on the character model that brightens up the model and the detail on them such as clothing material, fur, etc. IDK.

https://youtu.be/r1zMJtYq3f8 Video I used as a reference.

link2702

Smash Champion
No possible way that geno leak is real. The render is laughably bad. Sakurai has professionals working with the character models, not college students in their first year of 3d modeling.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, I can't speak for the most recent rumors...but I do have something interesting to share nonetheless. If anyone's been wondering what a certain someone might be like if the rumors surrounding him end up true...

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What's with fake leaks including returning stages that aren't returning? There was that magazine 'leak' with Rainbow Road and now this one with Icicle Mountain. I mean, yeah, they're easier to fake than brand new stages, but why would Sakurai hold off showing any returning stages until now? It just discredits everything else in the leak. If we're getting any more stages in the base game they'll be new or modified versions of cut stages (hoping we get a Pac Maze 2 - but we sure aren't getting Icicle Mountain 2).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, someone leaked AiAi from Super Monkey Ball as a playable character? Bizarre choice, but I guess it's better than--

*looks closer to see that it was supposed to pass off as Geno*

.................................oh

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I can't speak for the most recent rumors...but I do have something interesting to share nonetheless. If anyone's been wondering what a certain someone might be like if the rumors surrounding him end up true...

Oh I've been waiting for this one.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A lot of the problems with MVCI had nothing to do with Ono. In fact about half of the problems were because of Marvel.
Yes, because Marvel was the reason why characters like Virgil, Wesker, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, Viewitful Joe, Amaterasu and Tron were cut, why the graphics were ugly as hell and why the game had a small budget. Yeah, no, that stuff is all on Capcom

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hold the phone! Stage Morph exists which would lead us to believe that this is fake on arrival...YET with this argument 'We wouldn't have a stage that would move around to different platforms because of Stage Morph'

HOWEVER, Rainbow Cruise is a stage we know is in the game and that stage travels about. How does that stage work with stage morph? Is it excluded?

IDK but we can't roll that out.

EDIT: Sorry for the hasty writing, but this should be noted.

EDIT EDIT: A other stages move around. Delfino Plaza, Skyloft, Big Blue (Moving cars), etc.
All leaks are fake until proven true. This goes into the ??? folder.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hold the phone! Stage Morph exists which would lead us to believe that this is fake on arrival...YET with this argument 'We wouldn't have a stage that would move around to different platforms because of Stage Morph'

HOWEVER, Rainbow Cruise is a stage we know is in the game and that stage travels about. How does that stage work with stage morph? Is it excluded?

I sm hoping all not included past stages return as dlc.

Especially sector z.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace

I would say it's because stages like Icicle Mountain scroll indefinitely in a loop. Rainbow Cruise is just the camera moving around the stage.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So I just released something. The Minecraft beta version was released in May 17th, 2009. So next year it'll be 10 years old. And Smash Bros is turning 20 years old as well.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Doesn't have a shadow.
Fake.
shado.png

Is it ok now?
(I removed Noipoi's drawing because I would feel bad for uploading other people's drawings without authorization, and made it small because it's not worth to upload 25 GB of picture for a joke)

Last edited:

bobadz

Smash Ace
Yes, because Marvel was the reason why characters like Virgil, Wesker, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, Viewitful Joe, Amaterasu and Tron were cut, why the graphics were ugly as hell and why the game had a small budget. Yeah, no, that stuff is all on Capcom

I didn’t say all of the problems. I said half. No Fox characters, the realistic art style, the over abundance of McL characters. My point was the blame was on both sides.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Yeah, that Geno model just doesn't look right. It looks too realistic to fit in with Ultimate's style.

I've seen no one mention this, but I really hope trophy boxes come back. They made collecting trophies feel way more satisfying.

Now if we could just get coin launcher back...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What are everyone's most wanted stages? These would be mine.

Bowser's Castle (Super Mario RPG; Exor as a boss)
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong)
Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie)
Underworld (Kid Icarus; Hades as a boss)

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Wow, that bottom Geno model is hi-de-ous.

The top render sadly looks much better.

Calling fake on the Icicle Mountain pic as well, everybody hates scrolling stages which is why Rumble Falls isn’t back, and there’s no Ice Climbers logo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah that Geno looks weird. Not buying it, but it's not something I'm too attached to.

I will say that these current ads on the site are ****ing terrible. They're forcing the site to scroll towards the top of the page or the bottom.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah that Geno looks weird. Not buying it, but it's not something I'm too attached to.

I will say that these current ads on the site are ****ing terrible. They're forcing the site to scroll towards the top of the page or the bottom.
Must be a pain. I have premium, so I wouldn't know...

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I'm gonna keep it 100 with you guys. I'm honestly hoping we get sora over geno, and I'm sure the masses probably agree.

Geno would do absolutely nothing for hype outside of the core speculation community, but sora would probably destroy the internet.

So it really confuses me when I see people rallying behind geno so much more on that front. I mean yeah there's Disney, but I dont think it's a big enough obstacle to keep sora out.

Sorry for bringing this up for like the 100th time, but I dont see much other discussion going on lol
Usually every Smash game always announce the anti-climatic characters last.

Brawl with Olimar and Smash 4 with Shulk were not big internet breakers. I hope Ultimate breaks this mold but I feel like they're noy going to do that. If it is Incineroar and Ken as last, don't be suprised.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Remix 10 (Rhythm Heaven)
New World (Minecraft)
New Los Angeles (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Tetris

Kinda want these stages cause I want the characters, but I don't care

Anyways In other news...
This thing is looking more and more likely each and every
passing day...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Saturn Valley from Earthbound, might not have the most potential in terms of mechanics, but I just love the place, it's so cozy and weird at the same time.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Star Hill or Forest Maze (Mario rpg, Geno's home stage)
Aether Paradise (Pokemon Sun and Moon, Incineroar's home stage)
Bowser's Kingdom (Mario Odyssey)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The State Of Leaks:

Hello, I have insider information at Nintendo HQ. I am risking my job for this, so I hope you appreciate what I’m doing. Here are all of the newcomers. View attachment 169747
Man, I cannot wait for Super Devito Bros. Ultimate featuring Mewtwo from the Pokemon series & KnIKEles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom