• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dark Samus is now referred to as female by the Smash team and Nintendo.

So yeah, Dark Samus is our first female villain.
Wrong, sir!

:4wendy:

(Edit: :ultgreninja:'d. Though I'd say DS should still count as genderless, since "she's" just an alien taking on the form of a female character.)

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Now that I'm looking at the picture again, it seems that King Dedede is just dodging Richter's attack and he's not really scared.
Wario may be scared by Pokèmon Trainer but there is something wrong with the picture, while King Dedede matches well with Richter, Wario doesn't seem to look at Pokèmon Trainer, the sight is just oriented differently and Pokèmon Trainer seems to be in a different, backward layer compared to Wario.

I have the impression that the character who scares Wario is to be announced yet... or maybe he's not scared, maybe he just can't hold his fart lol

I don't know, really.

EDIT: Maybe it's even Incineroar.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I dunno about that last bit, i liked the idea of Ultron Sigma being a fusion of villains from both Capcom and Marvel, but my idea would be Dr. Doom an M Bison forming a sort of Deadly Alliance
Fusion is lame after mortal kombat did darkseid and shao khan... Unoriginal and lame. X-men has the best villains.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is exactly why I cringe when people suggest demoting echoes to costumes.
They wouldn't have their own taunts, victory animations or unique set of Smash trophies. Perhaps not even an Smash amiibo (female Corrin, AC Cloud and "A Witch With No Memories" Bayonetta are the only alt costumes to get their own Smash amiibo).

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hello, I am sorry for the inactiveness again.

But...I'm sorry to say that, but I really don't have anything to discuss with you. I don't feel like I can pull off a discussion starter...
Its cool if you wanna just watch us go bananas thats fine too lol

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Whatever happened to wanting characters because of liking their character? I really don't get this need to add a character just to fill a quota. Like adding Medusa just because she's female and a villain.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Fusion is lame after mortal kombat did darkseid and shao khan... Unoriginal and lame. X-men has the best villains.
Yeah but none of them hold a candle to Doom. The be all and end all of Marvel villains so if they had a story id want him as one of the main Villains for sure.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If there just so happens to be a unique female villain who would actually make sense on the roster, then I say go for it, Sakurai.

If not, then I wouldn't want him to force it. Characters should be judged on their popularity, iconicness, and moveset potential. Gender should be an afterthought.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also want Medusa because I feel she'd balance the Kid Icarus roster perfectly. Both Pit and Palutena would have their dark counterparts (Though Dark Pit is more of an anti-hero). That's why out of any other Kid Icarus rep she is IMO the best choice.

That and I feel she has lot of potential whether a semi-clone or echo or such like her moveset and Final Smash which could play out like Zeus in PSASBR.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I know this is just silly and fun but two things,

Legitimate question, is Duck Hunt reffered to as male??? I didn't know that.

I think it's fair to put all the other Pokemon in either gender, as in the Pokemon game they can be. Not Mewtwo though it's in the right place.
Lucario is clearly male in Smash

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Hello, I am sorry for the inactiveness again.

But...I'm sorry to say that, but I really don't have anything to discuss with you. I don't feel like I can pull off a discussion starter...
Don't feel bad for not participating, there isn't much to talk about in here until we get new info, you can probably spend your time better elsewhere

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Huh. I don't know how I never noticed this until now, but Simon's Vampire Killer makes 8 bit sounds when it strikes foes while Richter's doesn't. I'm sure plenty of people have noticed before me, but that's a nice touch.

Also Richter's character video has more views than Simon's. Richter confirmed best Belmont. :troll:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Huh. I don't know how I never noticed this until now, but Simon's Vampire Killer makes 8 bit sounds when it strikes foes while Richter's doesn't. I'm sure plenty of people have noticed before me, but that's a nice touch.

Also Richter's character video has more views than Simon's. Richter confirmed best Belmont. :troll:
I'm a little bit triggered now...

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Whatever happened to wanting characters because of liking their character? I really don't get this need to add a character just to fill a quota. Like adding Medusa just because she's female and a villain.
I can't speak for everyone, but I like Medusa for many reasons other than her sex! For starters, she's the main villain from Kid Icarus (and one of the major antagonists from Kid Icarus: Uprising), which automatically gives her prominence in the series and, consequently, makes her a great pick to be playable. But beyond that, when you start to think of what she could do, she sounds like a unique and fun character! The classic Medusa stoneforming abilities and her Underworld Army underlings alone could largely fill out her special moves, then add in the myriad of lasers and projectiles and such she used in Uprising and you've got a pretty good pool of abilities to draw from for a Smash moveset. Of course, that great redesign that she got also makes her that much more of an appealing choice. I was always way more interested in seeing Medusa become playable than Palutena, and I still maintain that if there's ever a third unique Kid Icarus character it should undoubtedly be Medusa. The fact that she is a female villain specifically is only one more reason why it would be cool to see her.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm a little bit triggered now...
Naw, don't be. I'd imagine it's more due to the fact that Simon is more widely known to be in than Richter, especially with Simon's inclusion being practically confirmed more than a month before he was shown and being leaked a day before.

I'm just being a silly butt with a Richter obsession.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can't speak for everyone, but I like Medusa for many reasons other than her sex! For starters, she's the main villain from Kid Icarus (and one of the major antagonists from Kid Icarus: Uprising), which automatically gives her prominence in the series and, consequently, makes her a great pick to be playable. But beyond that, when you start to think of what she could do, she sounds like a unique and fun character! The classic Medusa stoneforming abilities and her Underworld Army underlings alone could largely fill out her special moves, then add in the myriad of lasers and projectiles and such she used in Uprising and you've got a pretty good pool of abilities to draw from for a Smash moveset. Of course, that great redesign that she got also makes her that much more of an appealing choice. I was always way more interested in seeing Medusa become playable than Palutena, and I still maintain that if there's ever a third unique Kid Icarus character it should undoubtedly be Medusa. The fact that she is a female villain specifically is only one more reason why it would be cool to see her.
I'd also love the Underworld to be a stage which could easily be hers while Hades himself is the stage boss. That'd probably only happen though if she's a semi-clone since I don't think echos would get any stages of their own.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Naw, don't be. I'd imagine it's more due to the fact that Simon is more widely known to be in than Richter, especially with Simon's inclusion being practically confirmed more than a month before he was shown and being leaked a day before.

I'm just being a silly butt with a Richter obsession.
Yeah, I guess the view count difference isn't that bad. Olimar's view count, compared to everyone else though, is a sad tale.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
"Leaks" seem to have quieted down a fair bit, any reason why?
Because with the flood of fake leaks people don't trust them anymore, so it's pointless to make new leaks.
Basically, most fake leakers disappeared, and the legit leaks are actually rare, so it's normal that there are no new ones.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Now that I'm looking at the picture again, it seems that King Dedede is just dodging Richter's attack and he's not really scared.
Wario may be scared by Pokèmon Trainer but there is something wrong with the picture, while King Dedede matches well with Richter, Wario doesn't seem to look at Pokèmon Trainer, the sight is just oriented differently and Pokèmon Trainer seems to be in a different, backward layer compared to Wario.

I have the impression that the character who scares Wario is to be announced yet... or maybe he's not scared, maybe he just can't hold his fart lol

I don't know, really.

EDIT: Maybe it's even Incineroar.
It's hard to say. My take on Wario being freaked out towards Pokemon Trainer it could be a nod to how Wario acted as an antagonist to Lucas in Brawl. Lucas teamed up with PT and they both took Wario on later in SSE.

But looking at the Mural, these are my questions.
-Is Snake planning on firing his missile at Sonic?
-Who is Daisy looking at?
-Is the blue butterfly, the Villager is trying to catch, a hint to Persona?
-WHY IS THERE A MR. SATURN!?

I don't think we should look at the mural too hard for hints on placement.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's hard to say. My take on Wario being freaked out towards Pokemon Trainer it could be a nod to how Wario acted as an antagonist to Lucas in Brawl. Lucas teamed up with PT and they both took Wario on later in SSE.

-Who is Daisy looking at?
-Is the blue butterfly, the Villager is trying to catch, a hint to Persona?
-WHY IS THERE A MR. SATURN!?

I don't think we should look at the mural too hard for hints on placement.
god i wish

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Probably because Verg is considering retiring from leaks, because of the backlash he got with claims like Minecraft content and Incineroar
That's not what he said, he said he's visiting GameFAQs less frequently because they just recycle the same discussions and denial incessantly. If he has something worth saying, something new, saying it would alleviate that problem, so obviously he'd do it. Or presumably he'd take it to reddit.

Misinformation everywhere.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Snake doesn't like Sonic, remember?

No particular reason for it though, he "just doesn't like him".
Yes, I know it's a VA reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom