• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
ALERT!
The "new" banner has now been removed from the fighters icon on the site! An announcement may be VERY close!

Thank ****ing god we're finally getting something to save us from speculation hell.

Hopefully it's a Smash Direct which will reveal the entire roster. That'd truly be based.

D

Deleted member

Yui-san , maybe Agumon and Incineroar in a battle for the reveal trailer?
Vs. Pikachu or Charizard would be more fitting.

Like Agumon gets the upper hand until Charizard comes in.
Then Agumon becomes Greymon to turn the tides back in his favor.

Uh, hullo, you missed best bear:

link
I said "etc."
I obviously can't include ALL the bears in the post itself. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm pretty certain Geno is getting in. He's been constantly requested since the Brawl days and even Sakurai wants him having tried to get him into Brawl. We got King K. Rool and Ridley for the same reasons I think its safe we will get Geno whether Base or DLC.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain Geno is getting in. He's been constantly requested since the Brawl days and even Sakurai wants him having tried to get him into Brawl. We got King K. Rool and Ridley for the same reasons I think its safe we will get Geno whether Base or DLC.
It's not "safe" at all. Geno's my second most wanted. He is not a safe pick. He's a third party, automatically, NOT safe.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
For me, I feel it will be a direct next week. We had e3, then about 2 months later was the August direct. Next week will be 2 months later from the August direct. Then we have 2 months till release. We will find out soon but there seems to be a cadence (but we all know sakurai can change at any time)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Vs. Pikachu or Charizard would be more fitting.

Like Agumon gets the upper hand until Charizard comes in.
Then Agumon becomes Greymon to turn the tides back in his favor.
Thats wild. Maybe not just Charizard
But Incineroar just Suplex Greymon Hahahaha

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"Lord and savior"

If you did your research, you'd realize I don't even fully believe him.

However, I find it stupid to discredit him because he's been wrong on other games.
You say that but you seem to come in every time I bring it up.

I also don't get this "credibility in a vacuum" thing. If he's made mistakes and gotten things wrong with other games, why do we just forget that now? He's gotten some things right here. That doesn't change his track record. Heck, maybe you could say he's improved if he hadn't gotten things wrong in other instances only a few months prior (still waiting on my two Castlevania games)

See, the problem with the Smash community is that, after Brawl, people lost all sense of skepticism. It's even to the point where people don't like when you doubt something. For every one thing that has been right, 50 have been wrong. It's gotten so bad that people are using the word "leak" instead of "rumor." The thing is you should be skeptical. Here you have a guy who, sure, has gotten a lot of stuff right but historically has gotten things wrong, He's gotten things wrong about other games so obviously he hasn't improved. Who's to say he's not doing what he's done before? Heck, why should I believe him on his word alone.

What I've told others is you should doubt what he says and if it come true, cool. He's so shoddy that it could go either way. But people drink it up without doubt. Heck, GameFAQs at least questions it. Here, it's listen and believe. There, I gave your comments more that it deserved.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Banjo, Kuma, Freddy Fazbear, Ursaring, Naughty Bear, BearShark, Smokey Bear, Monokuma, etc. are all going to be in Smash.

Because bears.
I guess we have official proof that Bewear is a red panda and not a real bear.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But my post shows that she has potential to be more of her own character. Her ponytail is what makes her stand out from the other Kongs.
I don't know how to explain more than I already have that this does not matter as much as her getting in the game
Daisy and Dark Samus could've had entirely unique movesets. And not have been in Ultimate at all.
It's pretty obvious to me which route Sakurai is taking and Dixie shouldn't be any different

D

Deleted member

I checked the Smash website and came across the usual music update. ...Look. Tomodachi Life was actual fire, and I'm pretty sure every single copy that was sold was because of Vinny from Vinesauce playing the game, which practically became an actual soap opera.

But... C-Can a brother get a EarthBound or Xenoblade remix? WARIOWORLD REMIX??

thank god we have 350+ more tracks to go at least

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am crafting a new theory.

It is the mashed potato theory.

And it is that in the final direct Sakurai dressed in full Samurai armor accompanied by a black man will openly fling mashed potatoes at the camera confirming that Ultimate has all been a joke and he's tired of all the silly versions of his name and parodies that people have come up, so Smash Ultimate was his grand revenge.

It truly is the best theory and timeline.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Missed :ultsnake:&:ultdarkpit:.

Four clones. But here's a clone tier list.

S - :ultsnake:: Best voice, best story, best cheese.
A - :ultmewtwo:: Awesome Psychic Powers?
B - :ultdarksamus:: "B" for Best Girl.
C - :ultdarkpit:: No Ogre Club? No Gemini Orbitars? Money on the floor.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So how many theories has been created. Lets see...

Bear theory
Blog theory
Box theory
Card theory
Color theory
Female villain theory
Music theory
Playlist theory

Am I missing any?
Bear theory, Color theory, and Female villain theory are memes and nothing more.

Nihilist theory is the one true theory.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
October: 69: Skull Kid and 54e: Medusa (She'd work like Dark Pit) are revealed (Fits being its October and month of Halloween).
Pokemon Direct: 70: Incineroar is revealed
November Direct: 71: Isaac, 72: Geno, 38e: Shadow, 60e: Ken and 71: Felix are revealed as the final characters

I can only hope...

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So if there is a trailer next week with some combination of newcomer and/or echoes the best thing about it is that it would outright mean box theory is debunked.

There is no way we are just going to have two newcomers next week and nothing until December and I'm certain that we won't get the big Smash blowout so soon either. SO even if Ken and Incineroar (if they're even in) are revealed next week box theory will be busted and we will have more to look forward to.

Personally my bets are on Elma as I think it's the best time to reveal her, maybe tie Ken in with that, but I think we will be getting a total of 3-4, maybe 5, fighters between now and release.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
It's not "safe" at all. Geno's my second most wanted. He is not a safe pick. He's a third party, automatically, NOT safe.
Anyone, even the most requested and the most obvious are still not safe picks. Sakurai may turn the tables around and he may show new characters that may never have expected.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
HYPE TRAIN!!!

The “NEW” logo go removed, video added to playlist...

We’re getting a newcomer!

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Haven’t looked at the card picture yet even though everyone has been talking about it all day.

“Looks at card”

Yep, I think both Box & Card Theory work Together.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai: I think we should probably slow down.
-Not even a month later-
Sakurai: Guys. I don't know...how long has it been since Isabelle?
Assistant: A few weeks, sir.
Sakurai: But I'm bored!

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I don't know how to explain more than I already have that this does not matter as much as her getting in the game
Daisy and Dark Samus could've had entirely unique movesets. And not have been in Ultimate at all.
It's pretty obvious to me which route Sakurai is taking and Dixie shouldn't be any different
How would you know that if she's not been confirmed yet? Beside many people thought Isabelle was gonna be an echo and look what happened. I'm not changing my views on the subject.

D

Deleted member

I am crafting a new theory.

It is the mashed potato theory.

And it is that in the final direct Sakurai dressed in full Samurai armor accompanied by a black man will openly fling mashed potatoes at the camera confirming that Ultimate has all been a joke and he's tired of all the silly versions of his name and parodies that people have come up, so Smash Ultimate was his grand revenge.

It truly is the best theory and timeline.
Wait, the big black guy isn't Sakurai?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
69: Skull Kid
70: Incineroar
71: Isaac
72: Geno

38e: Shadow
54e: Medusa (Same way how Dark Pit is an echo to Pit)
60e: Ken
71e: Felix

How would you guys feel about this being the final base roster?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It should be noted that I believe someone said it was around 2 weeks since the NEW banner was removed before getting the (originally planned) Nintendo Direct. Likewise, the person claiming to be following the Youtube playlist said it was roughly 10 days since it was updated before reveals, I believe. So by "soon" I'm thinking in 10-14 days.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Oh, the old times, when we were younger. Remember when Sakurai said something about spacing the reveals? I still can remember it as it happened the past week. Probably because happened the last week.
Relax guys, a missing banner is just a missing banner. Personally, I don't spect anything for this month, just a final Direct in November. This gonna be a looong October.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So if there is a trailer next week with some combination of newcomer and/or echoes the best thing about it is that it would outright mean box theory is debunked.

There is no way we are just going to have two newcomers next week and nothing until December and I'm certain that we won't get the big Smash blowout so soon either. SO even if Ken and Incineroar (if they're even in) are revealed next week box theory will be busted and we will have more to look forward to.

Personally my bets are on Elma as I think it's the best time to reveal her, maybe tie Ken in with that, but I think we will be getting a total of 3-4, maybe 5, fighters between now and release.
The way I see it, Sakurai will open with Elma so he can talk about her and how she works, then segway into Ken and Shadow as the last Echo Fighters. He then goes on to talk about Spirits and other content, before announcing the Global Testsmash happening in November. The direct then ends off with a trailer for Incineroar.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
No but really, is there a link or an explanation anywhere of card theory?

D

Deleted member

Missed :ultsnake:&:ultdarkpit:.

Four clones. But here's a clone tier list.

S - :ultsnake:: Best voice, best story, best cheese.
A - :ultmewtwo:: Awesome Psychic Powers?
B - :ultdarksamus:: "B" for Best Girl.
C - :ultdarkpit:: No Ogre Club? No Gemini Orbitars? Money on the floor.
:ultridley: too depending on if it's the original or the second Ridley. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No Color Theory is real, next week we're getting Sans to fit blanco.

Can't wait for the inevitable Game Theory episode.
October: 69: Skull Kid and 54e: Medusa (She'd work like Dark Pit) are revealed (Fits being its October and month of Halloween).
Pokemon Direct: 70: Incineroar is revealed
November Direct: 71: Isaac, 72: Geno, 38e: Shadow, 60e: Ken and 71: Felix are revealed as the final characters

I can only hope...
Buddy you've gone off the speculation deep end. Especially if you're basing character reveals off of holidays that Japan doesn't even really celebrate.

It's time to stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom