• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Want: Marx, Bandana Dee, Kamek, Decidueye, Sceptile, PMD Grovyle, Scizor (R.I.P), Lycanroc, Fawful, Arcade Rabbit (R.I.P), Maxwell (Scribblenauts), Octoling, Blaziken, Susie Haltmann, Ninten.

Don't Want: Dark Matter, Black Shadow, and Generation 1 Pokémon. Also Charizard, but it's too late to remove that stain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm gonna have to go:

1. Bomberman
  2. Takamaru
  3. Ashley
  4. Knuckles
  5. Krystal

Smiling Blaze is more precious than Classic Tails.

I, for one, love slice of life Blaze in official art.

Specifically the cooking one.
They need to use Blaze more

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wants: Boshi, More general Yoshi love (he at least has the alt costume, which is more love than he got in the last 2 games)

Don't Wants: ....................................................................yes

D

Deleted member

Current Top 3 of most wanted is Crono, Wonder-Red and Protector.
For Assist promotions as DLC, Shovel Knight, Alucard and Zero
Oh right add Lycanroc to the "Don't want" pile
Gwen, tell me what Pokemon you want then before I tell you to shut up

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Want - Geno (play Super Mario RPG), Skull Kid, Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie

Don't- Steve, Sora, Bandana Dee, Dante

AT Upgrade- Waluigi

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fine, as Pyukumuku and Mimikyu are already Pokeballs, Tasreena then. Sorry for not liking the terrible gimmickmon Game Freak clearly had no clue what they were doing with
Gwen shut up you have terrible taste, how can you not choose Dancing Birb, Doggo or Owlboy?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So everyone which characters you want to get in Ultimate and characters you don’t want in smash?

I would like Marx, Geno, Paper Mario, banjo & kazoie, Skull kid to get in
I would Not want Steve, Goku, Waluigi (sorry if I offended anyone)
Want: Captain Toad, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Impa/Tingle/any Zelda character at this point that isn't another Link or Zelda, Tails, Chibi Robo, Isaac, Meowth, Gooey
Don't want: Geno, Takamaru and Shadow the Hedgehog...and...that's it apart from 'fourth party' characters. Sora maybe if his inclusion causes 'fourth party' issues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dancing Birb and Owlboy are cool, just not my first choices at 2AM
Because Lycanroc is a ****ing awful Pokemon that they could only make worse by making it impossible to use the other version's form ingame
But Gwen, look at Corrin. They may be a ***** but at least they're super fun in Smash.
Rock Doggo would be too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Want: Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow, Medusa

Don't Care: Ayumi Tachibana, Black Knight, Dixie Kong, Elma, Geno, Shantae, Skull Kid, Sora

Don't Want: Dante, Goku (Just why...), Master Chief, Steve, Waluigi (He's an assist trophy just get over it!!!!)

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So everyone which characters you want to get in Ultimate and characters you don’t want in smash?

I would like Marx, Geno, Paper Mario, banjo & kazoie, Skull kid to get in
I would Not want Steve, Goku, Waluigi (sorry if I offended anyone)
Want: A RH character, Morrigan, Neku, Chun-Li, and while I'm not pulling for them, BWD and Elma would be dope.
Don't Want: Geno, Rex, another Pokémon, and Steve.

I mean I wouldn't be mad if they got in, just don't straight up care about their potential inclusion.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Want: A RH character, Morrigan, Neku, Chun-Li, and while I'm not pulling for them, BWD and Elma would be dope.
Don't Want: Geno, Rex, another Pokémon, and Steve.

I mean I wouldn't be mad if they got in, just don't straight up care about their potential inclusion.
I'm just surprised to see more support for Morrigan.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most wanted characters: Isaac, Icineroar, Dixie, Ryu Hayabusa, a Mega Man echo.

Big DLC picks: Mega Man X, Mega Man EXE, Spring Man, any character on the "Most Wanted" list that doesn't make it.

Least wanted characters: Any Non-Video game character, Steve, other meme characters like Bubsy.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm just surprised to see more support for Morrigan.
It's not like she isn't a popular character.
To me she's practically one of the faces, if not the face, for Capcom crossovers. So it'd only make sense for her to make it into Smash.

Also, she's one of my favorite characters to play as in all the VS. and Darkstalkers games. So I'd definitely want to see how she could translate over, even though she's practically a pipe dream.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
To me she's practically one of the faces, if not the face, for Capcom crossovers. So it'd only make sense for her to make it into Smash.

Also, she's one of my favorite characters to play as in all the VS. and Darkstalkers games. So I'd definitely want to see how she could translate over, even though she's practically a pipe dream.
Yes, but that hasn't translated into smash support.

Though this is the only crossover Ryu has gotten into that Morrigan hasn't followed him to.

Edit: barring...X-men vs street fighter I guess.

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Wants: Chibi-Robo, uhhhhh and thats about it. Maybe some other characters just cause theyre popular like geno and B. Dee

Don't Wants: I'm fine with any video game originating characters tbh. Can't think of anyone I'd genuinely not like to see.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know we're kind of past the Waluigi talk, but I know a couple people mentioned him not being important enough or being a big enough name. The thing is though, he's still a Mario character, and he shows up constantly in spin-offs, I'm sure there's plenty of people who know of him before even the likes of Samus Fox or Marth, as crazy as that might sound.

I don't particularly want the guy to show up, but I'm sure he'd be an okay character.

The next Smash should just be Nintendo vs Capcom. Go all out. Only ***** ****** would complain if that happened.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Yes, but that hasn't translated into smash support.

Though this is the only crossover Ryu has gotten into that Morrigan hasn't followed him to.
Oh no, I definitely know that.
But I'm just saying she is pretty damn popular. So outside of the general Smash community, I'm sure a good chunk of people would be down to see her regardless.

Also, it's not entirely true as CVS1 and Capcom Fighting Jam (ugh) are some of the few where she isn't featured.
But yeah, she's definitely in 90% of all crossover material that Capcom has been involved with to some degree.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, I definitely know that.
But I'm just saying she is pretty damn popular. So outside of the general Smash community, I'm sure a good chunk of people would be down to see her regardless.

Also, it's not entirely true as CVS1 and Capcom Fighting Jam (ugh) are some of the few where she isn't featured.
But yeah, she's definitely in 90% of all crossover material that Capcom has been involved with to some degree.
I guess I should have verified that stat.

But she did at least get in CVS2...which is what would be happening here, yes?

And if Bayonetta can get in, I don't think Morrigan will have issues there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How would you guys feel if we ended up getting this Villain Bundle for DLC?

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid
-Sylux (To promote Metroid Prime 4)

I'd be no doubt wetting my pants for sure...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid

For Black Knight and Black Shadow, it depends on how much flair each of them has. I'd want them to at least be semi-clones if there's gonna be DLC.

Medusa would be cool, and is in general a better choice for a KI character anyway.

I don't give a **** about Porky and I never will.

Skull Kid would make others happy, so there's that.

Sylux is my boy, so I'm cool with him. But after getting Ridley and D. Samus, I'm not pushing my luck for even MORE Metorid Madness being added to this Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid

1. Meh
2. YES PLEASE
3. Sure
4. ...nah
5. Meh
6. Sure

Pakky

Smash Hero

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid

I want that spider bot one for porky! The one from Mother 2 not 3

So

-Eh alright
- Would rather Deathborn but okay
- YES
- YES
-I'm down for it, it makes sense.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Want: Dixie Kong. Banjo-Kazooie will be a good dessert but I won't get mad for them, I cried enough since Nuts & Bolts.
Don't want: Falco. Never liked him. My sandbag since Melee.
Pipe dreams: Chun-Li, Midna with wolf-Link, Juliet Starling and Eddie Riggs.
Don't mind: anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom