• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
2-5 more newcomers max he said don't expect alot this time and with 5 more that will bring us up to 10 newcomers not including there will be a few more echoes as well. Smash 4 gave us 19 newcomers!! and returning veterans. So 10 newcomers and everyone is here, plus echoes seems fair to what he has led us to believe will be the final roster.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Technically, some of the sports spin-offs that did make it here are part of the series, they simply got relabelled into titles like Crash N The Boys. Luckily things got better by the 3DS era, so we get more RCR installments nowadays.
I'm just glad ArcSys decided to stop trying to whitewash the whole Japanese highschool aspect of the series.

Kunio & Riki>>>Alex & Ryan

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
2-5 more newcomers max he said don't expect alot this time and with 5 more that will bring us up to 9 newcomers not including there will be a few more echoes as well. Smash 4 gave us 19 newcomers!! and returning veterans. So 9 newcomers and everyone is here, plus echoes seems fair to what he has led us to believe will be the final roster.
5 more unique would bring us to 10 unique. I don't think that's crazy, but I'm expecting closer to 8 (3 more).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There was a very early theory that suggested that Smashdown would require a final roster that had to be divisible by 2 3 and 4.
Right now we're at 74 including echos.
The next number divisible by 2, 3 and 4 is 84. Though that sounds like too many already, maybe we're getting a lot more echos?

If we can hide echos even in Smashdown we're at 68 and the next closest is 72.
4 characters and 6 echos seems like a safe bet.
You’re ignoring Pokémon Trainer and Miis being counted as three characters each, but only being one slot on the roster and presumably one-use choice for Smashdown.

Counting those two as one each brings us to 64 unique fighters and 6 echoes, or 70 slots on the roster with echoes. So for it to be divisible by 2, 3, and 4, we would either have only two more characters (72) or 14 (84). I highly doubt either.

However, if they ignore three player Smashdown and focus on it being perfect for twos and fours (like how splitscreen games just say **** it have an empty void where a player four would be), we could have 76 or 80, and I can really see 80.

4 more uniques and 6 echoes...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Even though I don't believe in the Smashdown theory (they could just reset it when you get to the end) I could totally see 5 more echoes and 5 more uniques.
Assuming this is true, here's my prediction:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Lycanroc
3. Skull Kid
4. Erdrick (Dragon Quest)
5. Geno

6. Shadow (echo of Sonic)
7. Ken (echo of Ryu)
8. Eight (echo of Erdrick)
9. Ninten (echo of Ness with elements of Lucas)
10. Black Shadow (echo of Captain Falcon)

While I don't think there will be this many characters (I'm particularly iffy about the DQ characters, Ninten, and Black Shadow), but if there are 10 characters left, then this my prediction.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have a lot of confidence in the rest of the smash roster. It's probably going to go down from here.

At least, for me. I know some people always find some character exciting

kylexv

Smash Master
Here's what I feel:

69. Incineroar
70. Elma
71. Geno
38e. Shadow
60e. Ken

I'm being pessimistic for my own sanity.

Oh, and a followup to that whole avatar thing I posted a week ago. None of the characters I listed were revealed, so my avatar stays the same. For now...

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It sounds more to me like he’s trying to verify the identity of the Square Enix rep, like if it’s Geno, Neku, or someone else. He’s just not sure of the exact identity of the character, just that they’re a Square Enix character.
We got more Konami so I think it makes alot of sense to get another character from the other 3rd parties as well.. Thats why Im thinking Geno for Square and Heihachi for Namco Bandai may be added.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Skull Kid joining Smash would put an end to the whole “music and unique newcomer” theory

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I got a feeling Isabelle is going to be another case of unfair hate due to irresponsible hype.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm just curious as to how organized the first official tier list will look like, with (technically) over 70 characters. I can see it now.

Edit: Including Echo Fighters as more, but they don't change the actual numbers on the list.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
And we already went through King K Rool and Ridley...so...Lara Croft or Shadow
I don't think Lara Croft would please everyone (IE: most people). I think a beloved 3rd Party like Sora, Geno, or Banjo or Isaac would do that.
Shadow is most likely an Echo, so he wouldn't be character 69.

TeamFlareZakk

Do you guys think Heihachi and Lloyd are likely still? Namco has yet to show any new character after all, and if Konami, Capcom if Ken and/or Dante are true, and potentially Square Enix with their mystery newcomer are anything to go by...

I wonder if ProtonMail will ever get a follow up, too...
We got more from Konami, so I think we will very likely see another character from the other 3rd parties on board too.. I think the characters will will be Geno from Square and Heihachi from Bandai Namco.. Capcom and Sega will probably each add a echo fighter seeing that they already each have two.

Heihachi will be in over Lloyd or Goku because Tekken is Bandai Namco's flagship.

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
I really don't feel like anyone's chances were strongly affected by the Isabelle reveal; I always saw her as likely and now was as good a time as any to reveal her. I still maintain that I believe Geno, Skull Kid, a Gen 7 Pokemon (probably Incineroar), Ken, and Shadow will all be playable. Those are the only ones I really see serious evidence for based on Vergeben and the things we've seen so far. I guess Isaac is next most likely cause of the maybe-Golden Sun pic Sakurai tweeted but I'm not quite as sold on him as I am for the others.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We got more from Konami, so I think we will very likely see another character from the other 3rd parties on board too.. I think the characters will will be Geno from Square and Heihachi from Bandai Namco.. Capcom and Sega will probably each add a echo fighter seeing that they already each have two.

Heihachi will be in over Lloyd or Goku because Tekken is Bandai Namco's flagship.
I think that Bandai Namco could get both, since I don’t see anyone that could be an echo of Pac-Man, and I count echoes in total amount of reps.

Although, IF the Dante rumor ends up true, Capcom would have 4...but I’m ok with it since it’s Dante From The Devil May Cry Series(TM).

And I think the director saying “no, he is not (in Smash)” was just a NDA move, or he is only the director of DMC5 and has no knowledge of Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My hope has been bruised Toast. I feel a lot less confident about him now.
Nothing's changed :4pacman:

Non-Echo Predictions: Geno, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Scorpion, Dixie Kong (semi-clone), Isaac
I was about to be like "hey nice, it's fun and safe" and then I noticed I skipped over Scorpion the first time I read it

I mean, that would be cool too, but significantly less safe of a guess haha.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Its gotta be Incineroar!

Gardevoir with Gothitelle is another good choice though because it would fill in the gen 3 and 5 blanks.. I know not the best for gen 5 but look at our gen 2 rep, its Pichu and they just sugarcoat it with Cyndaquil being a Pokeball character lol

I also have a hunch that the new Zelda character might be Linkle, not Skull Kid.. Starting to get a gut feeling he might be a stage boss or something and Sakurai really likes adding different types of Links, just needs to add the girl Link.
Pichu was far more prominent in Gen 2 promotion then Gothitelle was in Gen 5 though, it even got a movie special. Additionally, of the prominent ones it's definitely one of the most feasible since options like Lugia probably wouldn't work, though admittedly being an easy clone probably helped its case more then that.

Mii Costume Theorizing

Confirmed:
Isabelle
Inkling
King K. Rool
Chrom

Deconfirmed:
Mega Man X
Proto Man
Dunban
Zero
Mega Man .EXE
Ashley
Knuckles
Takamaru

Debatable Deconfirmed: (Toon Link on Spirit Tracks Argument)
Flying Man
Toad
Viridi
KK Slider

Remaining:
Skull Kid
Heihachi
Akira
Jacky
Lloyd
Black Knight
Monster Hunter
Geno
Chocobo
Gil
Tails
Of those options, I can see Skull Kid, Heihachi, Lloyd, Black Knight, Geno and Tails as playable characters, maybe Monster Hunter, but I see that being DLC at best at this point. The rest I feel have a good chance of getting NPC roles in the game as I don't think it's any secret why characters like Knuckles and Zero were made into ATs in the game following the ballot, so I can see Sakurai looking at their popularity and wanting to represent them in some way, but can't do it as a fighter so he prioritizes a different role for them.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Non Echo predictions: Isaac, Incineroar, Heihachi, Geno, Mona.

Echo Predictions: Medusa, Hilda, Felix, Dry Bowser, Shadow.

D

Deleted member

I found these two pieces of art on Twitter last night and I can't stop laughing at them:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is truly the best Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Daisy definitely has a ton of room to be decloned.
Let me rephrase that:
She doesn't need to be decloned right away.

The post wasn't meant to be about who should be decloned, rather who should hypothetically be decloned first.

Daisy could be decloned, yes, but I think it would be better to start with Dark Pit and Dark Samus. Then Daisy. Lucina and Chrom next, and then Richter.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Non-Echo Predictions: Geno, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Scorpion, Dixie Kong (semi-clone), Isaac
69. Shantae
70. Geno
71. Skull Kid

Yes, i still think Shantae is going to be in.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Being serious:
Non-Echo Predictions:
Definite: Incineroar, Chorus Kids, Dante
Probably: Erdrick, Dixie Kong (semi-clone)
Maybe: Isaac, Lloyd Irving, Banjo & Kazooie

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I got a feeling Isabelle is going to be another case of unfair hate due to irresponsible hype.
Nah, I think things are simmering down a bit now, and it's usually only when we get the final roster reveal that things get really juicy, as that's when people know for sure whether their favorite is in or not.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Here's my prediction now:

69 Isaac
70 Incineroar
71 Dixie Kong
72 Banjo & Kazooie
73 Geno
74 Bandana Waddle Dee

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow
Impa
Black Shadow
Felix

Tbh I'm being fairly optimistic here, but I'm not really sure how to pare it down at this point.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Roster tentative predictions:
5 total remaining. 2 unique. 3 echo.

Unique:
Skull Kid
Either Gen 7 Pokemon or Geno (I would not be shocked if we didn't get a Pokemon, before you get all antsy about this)

Echo:
Shadow? (semi-echo like Chrom)
Ken
Dixie or Impa (also semi-echo)

This list is most certainly wrong.

My strongest/most confident guess here is the amount remaining.
Unique newcomers are either based on something wanted widely (even before Loz whether you want to admit it or not) and the fact that a Gen 7 Pokemon simply makes sense for a new game, but isn't guaranteed.

Echos are just safety guesses.
It could be any 3 echos, but I definitely see 3 remaining.

Hope there's more, but still.

Alternative answer: There are 8 newcomers remaining. ;)

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I think that Bandai Namco could get both, since I don’t see anyone that could be an echo of Pac-Man, and I count echoes in total amount of reps.

Although, IF the Dante rumor ends up true, Capcom would have 4...but I’m ok with it since it’s Dante From The Devil May Cry Series(TM).

And I think the director saying “no, he is not (in Smash)” was just a NDA move, or he is only the director of DMC5 and has no knowledge of Smash.
Ms Pacman echo anybody? lol

Capcom already has enough reps with Megaman and Street Fighter.. Im thinking maybe two per third party

Pichu was far more prominent in Gen 2 promotion then Gothitelle was in Gen 5 though, it even got a movie special. Additionally, of the prominent ones it's definitely one of the most feasible since options like Lugia probably wouldn't work, though admittedly being an easy clone probably helped its case more then that.

Of those options, I can see Skull Kid, Heihachi, Lloyd, Black Knight, Geno and Tails as playable characters, maybe Monster Hunter, but I see that being DLC at best at this point. The rest I feel have a good chance of getting NPC roles in the game as I don't think it's any secret why characters like Knuckles and Zero were made into ATs in the game following the ballot, so I can see Sakurai looking at their popularity and wanting to represent them in some way, but can't do it as a fighter so he prioritizes a different role for them.
Besides Hydreigon or Bisharp can you even name any prominant gen 5 Pokemon? Only way to be prominent in gen 5 is to worship Lord Ghetsis..

Wait, Lord Ghetsis wanted to fight in USUM without his Pokemon! Make him playable then! lol

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Being serious:
Non-Echo Predictions:
Definite: Incineroar, Chorus Kids, Dante
Probably: Erdrick, Dixie Kong (semi-clone)
Maybe: Isaac, Lloyd Irving, Banjo & Kazooie
>"I wouldn't get my hopes up."
>predicts Erdrick

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Prediction: Two New Characters, One New Echo.

Shadow's not making it.

Unique:
-Geno
-Pokemon character

Echo:
-Ken

T-Hell

Smash Lord
My predictions for the remaining characters would be something like:

-Uniques: Incineroar, Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, Banjo.
-Echos: Shadow, Ken, Impa, Dixie.

I'm pretty sure not all of them will make it though.. I think I'm overestimating the amount left.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's going to be

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
(Random unhype 3rd party)

Or something

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ms Pacman echo anybody? lol

Capcom already has enough reps with Megaman and Street Fighter.. Im thinking maybe two per third party

Besides Hydreigon or Bisharp can you even name any prominant gen 5 Pokemon? Only way to be prominent in gen 5 is to worship Lord Ghetsis..

Wait, Lord Ghetsis wanted to fight in USUM without his Pokemon! Make him playable then! lol
I mean I count Richter as Konami rep #3 soooo

And if anything I see Ms. Pac-Man as an Alph/Koopaling style alt.

TeamFlareZakk

Here's my prediction now:

69 Isaac
70 Incineroar
71 Dixie Kong
72 Banjo & Kazooie
73 Geno
74 Bandana Waddle Dee

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow
Impa
Black Shadow
Felix

Tbh I'm being fairly optimistic here, but I'm not really sure how to pare it down at this point.
Not bad, but its kind of weird that some of these prediction lists forget to mention Medusa

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Unique: Skull Kid, Geno, Rowlett, Banjo & Kazooie, Shadow, maybe Chorus Kids.

Echo: Ken, Impa; Shadow may go here instead.

and Porky Minch for unique.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not bad, but its kind of weird that some of these prediction lists forget to mention Medusa
Not really.

It's going to be

Incineroar
Shadow
Ken
(Random unhype 3rd party)

Or something
I was going to say I miss it when you weren't a wet towel but I'll be happy for you when the final roster ends up hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom