• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ve seen a theory somewhere that Port Town Aero Dive has the F-Zero GX or AX (not sure which) logo in Stage Select, and Melee Mute City is surprisingly absent. Think we could get GX Mute City instead, and possibly with it, Black Shadow?

and a new F-Zero game OR GX HD? Pls Nintendo

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nah, i mean the Pro Controller + Steelcase, but i think i'll still go with just a regular copy + the Smash GC controller and a 3rd party adapter since it's much more cheaper and it'll get the job done.
Well, the Limited Edition with Pro Controller does come with the game, cartridge and all. I think I prefer the Pro Controller to the GC, so I have to go with this for now.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Pretty sure we will finally have a playable cat in smash.

So far we have many canines. Fox, Lucario, Wolf, Duck Hunt and Isabelle

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I must admit i never saw this comment ever.

PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE BE TRUE
Here.

It was around a couple of weeks ago.

For real tho, even tho I acknowledge Verge said only one of his sources said Incineroar, I still think he’s the most likely. Verge already knocked out two of his likeliest competitors, and while Gen 7 has a bunch of unique Pokemon, none have been quite pushed like Incineroar. I, of course, will keep a weary eye out for other picks likes Tapu Koko, Zeraora, and Buzzwole, but I still think Incineroar has the best shot.
I’m not saying that. I put Incineroar as one of the most likely anyways, but don’t go around saying he’s guaranteed. As far as I’m aware, not every credible text leak has everything right, unless said Leak is a picture of the roster in front of you.

And it can also lead to heavy levels of salt.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At least things had finally settled down.

BTW I'm honestly surprised they didn't reveal the date for the next Smash Direct after Isabelle's reveal. I feel that would had been perfect timing.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
oh and unrelated to Smash but with Final Fantasy V
Remember that one game quite a few pages ago of ranking your favorite newcomers?

How about now?

Really Really excited!
:ultridley:

Really Excited!
:ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Excited!
:ultchrom::ultisabelle: :ultdarksamus:

Happy
:ultdaisy::ultinkling:

Like I said, i'm happy with what we've got so far!
Really Really excited!
:ultridley:

Really Excited!
:ultchrom::ultisabelle::ultkrool:

Excited!
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultinkling::ultdarksamus:

Happy
:ultdaisy:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

BTW I'm honestly surprised they didn't reveal the date for the next Smash Direct after Isabelle's reveal. I feel that would had been perfect timing.
We probably aren't getting it until November so I doubt they'd want to make an announcement like that so early.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pretty sure we will finally have a playable cat in smash.

So far we have many canines. Fox, Lucario, Wolf, Duck Hunt and Isabelle
Icineroar: I heard you guys had a big cat void to fill. -flexes muscles-
Sakurai: Oh....uh.....actually...sorry. We were thinking of inviting someone else.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
I am fine with isabelle getting in but some please tell me that leak with ken, inceroar, dante being the only newcomers left being fake and also wasnt the yoshi game leaked before 9/11

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
As an aside, since I don't have the mental fortitude to read through absolutely everything I missed to see if this was posted yet, this pic was posted in the same thread as the Anon posting that Isabelle would be the next newcomer.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Not gonna lie, when they pulled up Tom Nook at the very end, I thought he was going to be revealed as an 'Echo' clone. I was thinking "Holy ****, Blue was right the whole damn time!". Turned out not to be the case, but let's just say your push for both Tom Nook and Isabelle prior to E3 made a lasting impression on me, ha.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Could yall pick a worst colour to put against the dark gray background???
As a matter of fact, yes, yes we can.

:p

Yeah, it'd really be nice to know when we're getting another batch of info on the game, but personally I'll be content with this for a few weeks, at least.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Probably because it won't be for at least a month if not longer. Nintendo likes to reveal their directs within a week at most.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Now that Isabelle is confirmed, what do y'all think about Vergeben? Real imo. At least I hope. That SE character is almost definitely Geno.
I overall believe on him but cautiously. He could end up being Gematsu 2.0 after all.
btw what's left of him?
  • Minecraft stage or AT
  • A Pokémon rep that some sources say it's Incineroar
  • a SE character
  • Ken
anything missing?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

Dude, Starlink is the Star Fox we deserve. Nintendo needs to hand Ubi the keys for the next Star Fox title.

Also, holy **** dude. Your signature just made me thing of James as an echo of Fox. That would be the dopest thing.

Another thing, I think we all expect Ken to be an echo of Ryu, and Shadow an echo of Sonic, but I swear if those two get an echo and Big Boss isn’t one I’mma be upseat. Well, not really, but he’s such an easy echo. Give him his eyepatch pick one of his 4 incarnations Snake Eater, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes,or Phantom Pain, change his “Colonel, Mission Accomplished” to “Major, Mission Accomplished” and La Li Lu Le Lo you got yourself a Snake echo. So, ****in easy.

Edit: maybe change his Up Special to the Fulton, everything else can stay the same.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I overall believe on him but cautiously. He could end up being Gematsu 2.0 after all.
btw what's left of him?
  • Minecraft stage or AT
  • A Pokémon rep that some sources say it's Incineroar
  • a SE character
  • Ken
anything missing?
Nah that's p much everything. Everything else he's said besides that has been confirmed true.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I really don't think Isabelle is the issue, she had a solid following. I think there's other, more complicated reasons, as to why the reception has been lukewarm.

Isabelle's disappointment seems to stem on being the only Smash news while being a very casual yet long-winded announcement. If Isabelle was paired with, let's say Isaac, then I'm certain there'd very little disappointment.
I agree. Her reveal was rather lackluster compared to past reveals which was ultimately just a modified Villager moveset. No hate to Isabelle at all, I'm happy her fans got their most wanted but in my eyes, her reveal was odd.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another thing I forgot to mention earlier...
>Isabelle saying maybe she should be the mayor
No Isabelle no.

Would have been convenient, but I don't mind it too much, since we only have two weeks left before next month. We might get something by then.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Do u think Isabelle is a psycho?

She is such a gentle soul that are capable of so much violence.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Can somebody link me the post that claimed no Geno or Skull Kid and Isabelle would be today on the 11th?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I’ve seen a theory somewhere that Port Town Aero Dive has the F-Zero GX or AX (not sure which) logo in Stage Select, and Melee Mute City is surprisingly absent. Think we could get GX Mute City instead, and possibly with it, Black Shadow?

and a new F-Zero game OR GX HD? Pls Nintendo
I think it's future proofing. Same thing with Mute City SNES.

In case they do decide to bring back Melee Mute City, they changed the name of the other stage that shares its name.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Are we all going to dismiss the fact that we have FOUR mainline Final Fantasy games, along with FINAL FANTASY FRICKEN SEVEN!

I thought someone leaked that, only to realize it was from Jon of GameXplain.

Same thing with Kirby Epic Yarn...

Wait a minute...

How did he even PREDICT this!?! Inb4, Jon is secretly a leaker.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Why are people suddenly putting leakers into some sort of competition? Like, does it matter?

Who cares if Loz is wrong or Verge is right? You shouldn't need a 'leaker' to be right to be secure in your predictions and hopes for characters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dante at least has actual chances unlike say someone like Scorpion which people requests for some reason despite having 0% chance of ever getting in. :rolleyes:

Scorpion in Smash. LMAO like that will ever happen. :joyful:
Yep, he has 0% chance of getting in. Until he gets in. Remember Snake? Remember Cloud? Hell, remember ****ing Simon? All those characters had nary a chance of getting in and now look where we are.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yep, he has 0% chance of getting in. Until he gets in. Remember Snake? Remember Cloud? Hell, remember ****ing Simon? All those characters had nary a chance of getting in and now look where we are.
They all had some history with Nintendo at least. Scorpion didn't. Heck he ain't even popular in Japan to begin nor was a Japanese created franchise. Last I checked too Ed Boon wasn't good friends with Sakurai like Hideo was.

You'd more likely see Scorpion getting into a PSABR sequel.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are we all going to dismiss the fact that we have FOUR mainline Final Fantasy games, along with FINAL FANTASY FRICKEN SEVEN!

I thought someone leaked that, only to realize it was from Jon of GameXplain.

Same thing with Kirby Epic Yarn...

Wait a minute...

How did he even PREDICT this!?! Inb4, Jon is secretly a leaker.
He says these things with such confidence too, perhaps he really does know something.

I mean probably not, but y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom