• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'M DRINKING ALL THESE TEARS AND I'M LOVING IT I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HYDRATED. ISABELLE CLEARED MY SKINS AND WATERED MY CROPS.
AND DAT COMMAND GRAB THO.

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH GANON. NOW ISABELLE IS MY MAIN.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Anyways, not gonna lie, but I'm pretty disappointed. Isabelle's cool but I overhyped my self too much. Most of it also probably had to do with the 1 week long wait. Waiting this long in immense excitement only to get someone I didn't really care about too much probably was the biggest factor of me being disappointed. Also because seeing Isabelle be somewhat unique while Dark Samus is an echo still hurts me alot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll stick by my opinion that Isabelle was a pretty "this ain't it chief" reveal. Don't want her then, guess I'll have to coexist with her now.

I'm pretty disappointed as many people are. :4ness: I expected nothing, and I'm still let down.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Happy for the Isabelle fans, but her being here shows semi clones are still a thing and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salty Dark Samus didn't get that treatment.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What about her seems like a semiclone?
Well... her moveset, for one.

She has Pocket, Balloons and possibly Tree, but she's not an Echo, so... Semi-clone.
So semi clones are still a thing. So there you go.
I feel pretty vindicated: I said repeatedly months ago "Not everyone has to be an Echo".

Sure, I was wrong about how similarly Echoes had to be, but still.

Also, the fact that Semi-Clones are still a thing really changes speculation.

Isabelle's trailer was very similar to a trailer idea I suggested a while ago. :laugh:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yep this site definitely blew up as I expected. So many people its loading slow and site won't work at times. :laugh:

Should settle down in an hour or so.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I felt a great disturbance in the Leakorce, as if millions of Fake leaks suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That trailer was cute and all, but it didn't really do much for non Animal Crossing fans, which is probably where all the salt is coming from. Villager's reveal was fun, goofy, and hype all at once while Isabelle's was slow paced a dragged on. It's especially bad considering we all knew it was going to be a Smash reveal, considering that they chose to show off the bundle first.

What really surprising to me is that I really thought semi-clones would be a thing of the past. Of course, I don't consider Wolf or Luigi to be semi clones, so if she's different enough I might not consider her one either.

Also, I'm really tempted to get that Switch bundle. Then I remember that I already have a Switch and that'd be 300 dollars gone to waste, so reluctantly I'll pass on that one.

Last edited:

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
Looking at the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate website, Isabelle is not considered an echo, as her number is #68, and not #45ε .

Isabelle.PNG

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol and I just said that Isabelle would be the first female to the sausage fest that is the anthro characters and one of my last videos I watched had her in it.

I should've known, and tbh, when that thing with her came on, I figured out it was Smash pretty quickly

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
GUYS I’M SO ****ING HAPPY!!!!

ISABELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SHE’S UNIQUE!!!!!!!! SHE’S NOT AN ECHO!!!!!!

I HOPED IN VAIN, AND SAKURAI HEARD ME

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Don't normally post in this thread but I just wanted to pop in and say that I am so hyped that Isabelle is in! She was my most wanted newcomer and now that she's in and as a unique fighter/semi-clone (something I was beginning to think wasn't possible), I'm so happy!

And Animal Crossing confirmed for next year as well? How awesome is that?!

A little disappointed to see that everyone seems to have had lukewarm reactions so far, but I couldn't be more satisfied with the new Smash right now.

Shroob

Sup?
Isabelle wasn't an out there prediction to be honest. Heck, most people expected her, just as an echo. I predicted she would happen months ago and she's one of the 5 characters I said would happen.

Verge tends to get things more wrong as time goes on, which is why I wouldn't trust him as a source, even if he ends up being right. By the way, totally expect him to make a new "leak" tonight given this.

Also, I'm happy Isabelle is in.
Except he has yet to get anything wrong, at all.

Sure, he could very well in the future, but we can only judge him on the now, which is currently 100% for Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Y'all missing the big thing here, this confirms that semi-clones are still a thing.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honest opinion? Direct was disappointing. Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing had me hyped, everything else was pretty lukewarm.

Isabelle as a semi-clone is interesting purely because it blows every speculative post out of the water. It sucks though because I am EXTREMELY worried for Skull Kid.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Semi-clone is pretty rough terminology. She seems to share what, 3 moves with Villager? It makes sense... they are from the same series after all.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That kills a lot of leaks saying she's an echo. Great.
It sure does, but it also corroborates two.

This'll probably get lost in the hype but whatever.

The first is obviously Vergeben, who's been claiming Isabelle since before Simon was revealed. Only one of his sources claimed she'd be an echo. For reference, he has three, and it's possible that source got confused as Isabelle does share some moves with Villiager.

What's the second you may ask?

THE DANTE LEAK

This was posted to 4chan on September 10th:
Only one not to be debunked.

Ahem OP only Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are in so far. Skull kid is NOT in the game nor is Geno. Screencap this. Dante is for November.

Want more proof I'm not bull****ting OP ? When Nintendo decides to show the direct. Isabelle is the next newcomer. I want you ALL to screen cap this as I'm typing it on Sept,11,2018
This time it actually correlates to Smash Bros. and Nintendo news, so no more claims about the Dante leak being only right in regards to DMCV. I monitored 4chan like a hawk before the Direct and during the duration of it's delay, and this is the only post to claim that Isabelle would be the main reveal.

Dante could actually be in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what, I take it back. I'm not disappointed in Isabelle. Not at all. I'm disappointed in her trailer.

I wish her trailer was a little more fun, it was kind of boring. I would've loved to have seen an Animal Crossing version of Fox or someone else to come in and give her the letter at the very least. When the last 3 trailers had dream crossovers like Samus, Mario, Mega Man, and Ridley or Simon and Luigi or K. Rool, Donkey Kong, Diddy, and DeDeDe this one didn't have a big impact. The trailer could've been a LOT better. I'm happy with the character herself though.

Overall though, I'm happy with the Direct as a whole. Even the Smash reveal was good. Even if the trailer was boring.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Btw, the most exciting thing next tonthe Smash reveal, was all the Final Fantasy games. I care only for 9 mostly (fav of the series and the Switch is perfect for it), but might pick up 12 and 10 possibly. I do hope they are the HD versions

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Can't lie - that's probably the least hype character reveal I've ever seen.

Glad for everyone who wanted Isabelle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom