• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Way to have a leap of logic there, Bandana Boy. No one was saying ''Caring for a friend makes you gay."

They share all the tropes of more than friends for people that are supposedly just friends. The way they move and act with one another past an initial point in Bayo 1 and past the ''rivalry" is very soft confirmed lesbians. They're soft and concerned for one another.

They're even called sisters (which you can double up to just be Umbra witch sisters), that's like the most soft confirmed lesbian thing in the world. ''We're sisters."

They live together by the point of Bayo 2. All Bayonetta ever says about being straight is that she enjoys the act of making babies, but doesn't love babies. There's a certain openness to her sexuality even without factoring in the oddness with Jeanne.

And as far as I know it's something that Kamiya has never shut down, but you know it's all very open to interpretation, but look again at the scene in Bayo 2 where Cereza saves Jeanne. That's not how you act with your friend in my opinion if they save your life at all.
are we just gonna casually ignore that this is official art?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if we're counting Paper Mario himself, obviously I'd pick him. **** I'd be more excited for him than Geno.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Roy can marry like 6 or 8 different girls in his game. Way back when the joke used to be he was a harem protagonist, having a ton of women, but never scoring with any.
Roy is the thot destroyer

He runs away with Soren/Ranulf at the end of his second game.
You say run away like it's one of those wedding scenes where they speed off in a limo with those weird can things clanging at the road and a big "JUST GOT MARRIED" sign on the back of it.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't think, no. Cause when people try their damndest to shut down discussions of diversity, I can approximate their character to a degree. To each their own, though.
It's not really a discussion of diversity when it's about fictional characters.

Shroob

Sup?
See yall always complain about Loz but yall always bring him up. He isn't the only leaker guys. The leaker I'm talking about is Lady Bow.
I'm not sold on Lady Bow 100% to be brutally honest.

First, I'd have to know when the supposed source that Vergeben got his info from dropped online.

I think Skull Kid is likely regardless, but Bow's never really caught my eye in the leak scene.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah he's cool, but we have so many Marios already unfortunately. I guess one more couldn't hurt
We got 3 Links already, and people have been wanting Paper Mario for a minute.

Technically 3 Samus' too, although Dark Samus is in name only, since she's actually Metroid Prime with a new body.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Vivian's biologically a male in Japan, bro.

Where have you been the last decade and a half.
Should probably be a little more careful with phrasing here, but yeah, I think it's really funny that the first thing someone brought up to steer away from the sexuality discussion was a character often considered Nintendo's second transgender character.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm aware, but I doubt it has any romantic context behind it.

Oh yeah, Chrom scored too, completely forgot.
I dunno. Literally walking off into the sunset is supposed to be platonic? What rule doe we have to say it can or cannot be?

Each side is making bold assumptions, so why give a damn about which one is "right"?

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Remember when K Rool managed to abduct Dixie like he did Diddy and DK?

Yeah I don't either.

When you're a showstopper, you don't need to show up to every show to hit the biggest impact.

Besides Diddy always needed a crutch to finish his journeys in DK or Dixie. Dixie saved both of them while babysitting her worthless cousin at the same time, giving her a handicap instead.

Boom. Tit for Tat. Diddy got no moves.
Pfft... Both Kongs just slows him down. Dixie can't get kidnapped if she isn't there. Seems quite irresponsible and cowardly if you ask me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I'm aware, but I doubt it has any romantic context behind it.

Oh yeah, Chrom scored too, completely forgot.
His kid and one of his potential Baby Mamas are playable in Smash. He's the family man of the group.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Should probably be a little more careful with phrasing here, but yeah, I think it's really funny that the first thing someone brought up to steer away from the sexuality discussion was a character often considered Nintendo's second transgender character.
I'm going to regret asking this but who is the first?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, if we're counting Paper Mario himself, obviously I'd pick him. **** I'd be more excited for him than Geno.
100 times this. Paper Mario would be such an amazing addition to the Smash cast, and then we'd have a Mario with actual personality in the game.

I wouldn't even care if he is in with more SS/CS aspects - I just love him as a character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can already tell by the URL that it's probably not an indifferent perspective.

EDIT: I read it by the way, it's still gonna be a big "eh" from me.

Each side is making bold assumptions, so why give a damn about which one is "right"?
People who care about their fictional character's sexuality a little too much to try and relate to them, I assume. :shyguy:

I personally would never speculate if it's not entirely confirmed. If they don't have a clear love interest given rather than something given from the magics of tinfoil, then they're likely just single and ready to mingle in my eyes unless they bring anything into specifics.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I can already tell by the URL that it's probably not an indifferent perspective.

EDIT: I read it by the way, it's still gonna be a big "eh" from me.

People who care about their fictional character's sexuality a little too much to try and relate to them, I assume. :shyguy:

I personally would never speculate if it's not entirely confirmed. If they don't have a clear love interest given rather than something given from the magics of tinfoil, then they're likely just single and ready to mingle in my eyes unless they bring anything into specifics.
Cool, you do you, but we're also allowed to do what we please?

You're coming off as a little condescending, chief. Let's hold off on the mouthing.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah he's cool, but we have so many Marios already unfortunately. I guess one more couldn't hurt
We have two. Still less than Link.

Also Paper Mario shouldn't play anything at all like either of the other Marios.

I mean, I understand what you mean, but this thread doesn't 'prove' anything, since Skull Kid hasn't been shown yet. If you wanted to try to prove a point, you'd have linked their other threads,
Well there are already links inside that thread that'll show you she predicted Ridley and K ROOL just before they were announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom