• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That would be Shantae.
How the actual hell is Shantae a WTF character

I'd rather goombabario than him. Kirby is repped perfectly, I don't think it needs another one
Okay cool look at my signature and figure out if I want Goombario but let's not speak for everyone and say nobody wants BWD when the vast majority seem to openly want him

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see the reaction if there is no Smash news in the Direct. The entitlement's hilarious.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What would be your reaction if they revealed today that the direct was postponed to the 11th...

of October?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So I'm trying to think, if we get a WTF character, who it might be. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think Mr. Game and Watch was the WTF for Melee, R.O.B. was the WTF for Brawl, and... was it Wii Fit Trainer for Sm4sh? Who could it be for Ultimate? Someone from Rhythm Heaven, perhaps?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So I'm trying to think, if we get a WTF character, who it might be. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think Mr. Game and Watch was the WTF for Melee, R.O.B. was the WTF for Brawl, and... was it Wii Fit Trainer for Sm4sh? Who could it be for Ultimate? Someone from Rhythm Heaven, perhaps?
Game and Watch, Rob, Wii Fitt are not "WTF" characters, that's a term made up by the community, they are Nintendo history hardware reps, along with Duck Hunt.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That would be Shantae.
I was gonna ask you how, but you already answered that. lol. But I actually think a lot of people think she has a really good chance to get in, plus she was highly requested on the Sm4sh ballot, I think

D

Deleted member

It's 2018, I shouldn't have to hear goddamn "WTF character" discussions as if they were an actual thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
everyone thinks she's not getting in because indie + western character
Yes and she's supposed to compete with the biggest indie in the West, the man, the myth, the legend:

also reimu or whatever the lolicons call her

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I was gonna ask you how, but you already answered that. lol. But I actually think a lot of people think she has a really good chance to get in, plus she was highly requested on the Sm4sh ballot, I think
So was Geno but if it weren't for the Smash community he'd definitely be a "WTF" pick.

Whatever a WTF pick is supposed to be.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, I didn't forget about him. I just saw him as the retro rep, not the WTF rep
You say that like they can't be both when Game & Watch and ROB were literally that.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Game and Watch, Rob, Wii Fitt are not "WTF" characters, that's a term made up by the community, they are Nintendo history hardware reps, along with Duck Hunt.
So there are no real WTF characters then? It's just a term fans use to describe the odd and unexpected characters? Also, is it okay to use the term 'WTF' on here?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So there are no real WTF characters then? It's just a term fans use to describe the odd and unexpected characters? Also, is it okay to use the term 'WTF' on here?
Well it hasn’t been censored, so I think it’s fine

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You say that like they can't be both when Game & Watch and ROB were literally that.
I know that they're both the retro reps. I just didn't say that since I was focusing on the WTF category, and I thought that they fit both the retro and WTF categories

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think if we do get a balls-to-the-wall pick in Ultimate it should be something just totally bonkers. Ayumi?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We don’t have a WTF character in Ultimate...yet.

And I expect Sakurai to have one in because he’s unpredictable no matter how much he’s listening.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as a WTF pick, at least not as far as Sakurai is considered, he doesn't pick characters just to be random.

There ARE picks that make the community go wtf but the reasoning behind that aren't cause Sakurai wanted to screw with the community

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Mario 3 getting 2 songs so far in Smash Ultimate, and both being based on castle themes.

I wonder if Mario 3 is finally getting a stage - And a Bowser's castle stage at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom