• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So Perhaps We can do this?

1980::ultgnw::ultpacman:
1981::ultmario::ultdk:
1982:

1983::ultluigi:
1984::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt:
1985::ultrob::ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers:
1986::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultsimon:
1987::ultryu::ultmegaman::ultsnake:
1988:

1989::ultdaisy:
1990::ultmarth::ultdoc::ultyoshi::ultfalcon:
1991::ultsonic:
1992::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultwario:
1993::ultfox::ultfalco::ultmetaknight::ultrichter:
1994::ultness::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
1995:

1996::ultpokemontrainer::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:
1997::ultcloud::ultwolf:
1998::ultyounglink::ultsheik::ultganondorf:
1999::ultpichu:
2000:

2001::ultvillager::ultolimar::ultroy:
2002::ultbowserjr::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus:
2003: Jade (Couldn't Find A Stock Icon for her :()
2004::ultzss:
2005::ultike:
2006::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultmiifighters:
2007::ultrosalina::ultwiifittrainer:
2008:

2009::ultbayonetta:
2010::ultshulk:
2011: Solaire (No Stock Icon for him either...)
2012::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultlucina::ultchrom:
2013::ultgreninja:
2014:
2015::ultcorrin::ultinkling:

All we need is pesky 2014... Any Ideas?
Well I'd say shovel knight but...

Chrono.

Why would Karate Joe change anything?
Because literally no one talks about him, nor expected him.

He has his fans but it's a niche crowd, it was always about the Chorus Kids. They were the main event, Joe was the underdog.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

He has his fans but it's a niche crowd, it was always about the Chorus Kids. They were the main event, Joe was the underdog.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he more popular than Chorus Kids in Japan in recent polls?

?????????????

Smash Master

He has his fans but it's a niche crowd, it was always about the Chorus Kids.
Which, it may be presumptuous of me, but I REALLY believe Chorus Kids is only because of Gematsu. Without Gematsu, they would just be one of dozens of Rhythm Heaven characters.

Meanwhile, if you play ANY Rhythm Heaven game, you will know Karate Joe, because he's IN every Rhythm Heaven game. That is not the case for Chorus Kids.

I know, at least, I wouldn't have thought of Chorus Kids without Gematsu. Joe is the true face of the series in my opinion.

What is up with the toxic desire some guys have to see the fandoms of heavily requested characters walk away in disappointment. Are we not better than this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

So? It's not like fans of characters are suddenly going to stop wanting their characters just because someone they didn't want gets in.

It's also not like a rhythm heaven character isn't expected

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Who are everyone's current top 3 most wanted characters?

Mine are

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Black Shadow
3. Medusa
1. Tie between Sora and Joker
2. Lloyd Irving
3. Tie between Isaac and Banjo & Kazooie

Also, an interesting thing about Karate Joe is that his fighting style, Karate, isn't really represented in Smash. The closest we have is Ryu, but he uses a different fighting style that only incorporates some Karate. Pure Karate + a rhythm mechanic could make for an interesting and unique newcomer.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he more popular than Chorus Kids in Japan in recent polls?
Not sure about Japan right now, but I know in places like Reddit and even here folks usually just expected and/or rallied for the Kids.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Which, it may be presumptuous of me, but I REALLY believe Chorus Kids is only because of Gematsu. Without Gematsu, they would just be one of dozens of Rhythm Heaven characters.

Meanwhile, if you play ANY Rhythm Heaven game, you will know Karate Joe, because he's IN every Rhythm Heaven game. That is not the case for Chorus Kids.

I know, at least, I wouldn't have thought of Chorus Kids without Gematsu. Joe is the true face of the series in my opinion.
It's the same deal with Gardevoir, honestly. If a popular leak/fake leak didn't mention them, nobody would be talking about them at all. It's peak bandwagoning.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
A leak about some jabroni no one has heard of named karate joe?

Quick!! Cue all the posters who will talk about how they always wanted karate joe!!!!! He's been their most wanted for years!!!

Shroob

Sup?
What is up with the toxic desire some guys have to see the fandoms of heavily requested characters walk away in disappointment. Are we not better than this?
Who's being toxic?

I don't think people want people to 'not' get their character in, I just think we don't people like Loz and Verg spoiling all the fun MONTHS in advance.

Like, if Skull Kid's in the next Direct? Sure I'll be happy, but.... eh? I knew it was coming.

?????????????

Smash Master
A leak about some jabroni no one has heard of named karate joe?

Quick!! Cue all the posters who will talk about how they always wanted karate joe!!!!! He's been their most wanted for years!!!
I mean... it's actually true for me. I've always been a fan of Rhythm Heaven. He's the clear closest thing the series has to a main character.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Who's being toxic?

I don't think people want people to 'not' get their character in, I just think we don't people like Loz and Verg spoiling all the fun MONTHS in advance.

Like, if Skull Kid's in the next Direct? Sure I'll be happy, but.... eh? I knew it was coming.
See I don't get this mentality. I mean I guess I do, but hoping characters like Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo, Isaac, any of the front runners don't get reveleaed just because it'd be "boring" is just a bad attitude to have. Any one of those guys would be awesome and is fulfilling the desire so many people have had for YEARS.

Who cares if it's a "boring" reveal. I mean if you really find them that boring maybe you just find the characters boring leak or no leak, which is at least a more understandable position.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Who are everyone's current top 3 most wanted characters?
1. Isaac
After that I don’t really care too much as my #2, 3, and 4 have already been added lol, and my #5 and 6 are rather lost causes (Shovel Knight and Captain Toad). If I had to pick though, probably:
2. Saki
3. Ray
I just really want some more new Nintendo series represented.

Shroob

Sup?
See I don't get this mentality. I mean I guess I do, but hoping characters like Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo, Isaac, any of the front runners just because it'd be "boring" is just a bad attitude to have. Any one of those guys would be awesome and is fulfilling the desire so many people have had for YEARS.

Who cares if it's a "boring" reveal. I mean if you really find them that boring maybe you just find the characters boring, which is at least a more understandable position.
I don't think they're boring.

But it's not fun having to hear "Hey, hey, x is in Smash" for months ahead of time.

When it finally happens, it's not a "HOLY ****" moment, it's a "Oh, okay it's here" moment.

K.Rool's reveal was perfect. He was HIGHLY wanted and NO ONE leaked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom