• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
Well, yes and no.
I definitely full-heartedly believe that if Gematsu wasn't a thing and the RH icon was datamined, many people would be speculating on Karate Joe or one of the Fever kids like Marshal.

However, Karate Joe isn't exactly the face of the series, especially since RH doesn't have one outside of Tibby for MegaMix and the Chorus Kids for RH DS, given he only shows up at the intro and a few remixes.
So in terms of a mascot, it kinda goes to the Chorus Kids, or more fittingly Tibby, given they're included in promotional materials. But me saying that is a little flimsy given when it comes to even RH merch, there's plush of the Onions and no one else soo...

Although, they are a choice that no one would've ever picked due to Karate Joe's seniority and amount of appearances like you said.
That being said though, that's exactly why I think if out of everyone, we're getting the Chorus Kids.
Just like you, I both agree and don't agree.

What I CAN say about the Chorus Kids is that they are more marketable, which I mean...just comes from the fact they're adorable. That said, I don't think that by itself gets you ahead in Smash Bros. if there's a more clear-cut frontliner. Like, Chocobo didn't became playable before Cloud.

That's not a perfect comparison, but I DO believe Joe is the obvious stand-out choice anyway. He's the only one to be in every game, and he's the main character of the very FIRST minigame.

Also...maybe it's a little weird, but as far as promotion goes...I always think of this:

It's JOE who's at the front. He's the face to me.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
A little on the topic, I just downloaded the demo for Rhythm Heaven (Paradise where I live) Megamix, and I realized it came out in 2016, and that made me think.. there's gotta be a RH character this time in Smash 95% sure, I don't know if base game or dlc, but I feel like this time there's gotta be one.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
>MICKEY
Excuse me what
I'll quote myself you will see why Mickey
I believe that Mickey can be only one exception to the "Only Video Game Character" motto from outside the video games universes/industries to be included in Smash Bros. Let me explain you why in few points.

1. First and foremost (date of creation 18th November 1928) Mickey is the Grandfather of all Mascot ever Sonic, Mario, Astro Boy, Crash Bandicoot, Bugs Bunny and every others compagny mascot from ads to video games to cartoons industries have inspiration from Mickey, he embodie the Mascot vibe.
  2. If a Disney character (Because Disney makes also Video Games) were to be included only Mickey can fit this spot, Mickey is Disney and Disney is Mickey.
  3. This dude have a lot of games in the long history run of Nintendo.
  4. His moves set will be ingenious and awesome from Epic Mickey to Fantasia we could have so much fun with a character like Mickey and would fit Smash Bros.
So in the end and even if I understand that the motto say Only Video Games Characters can be put into Smash Bros, I feel that if there was an exception to this motto, the only one who could be potentially included is Mickey Mouse.

?????????????

Smash Master
A little on the topic, I just downloaded the demo for Rhythm Heaven (Paradise where I live) Megamix, and I realized it came out in 2016, and that made me think.. there's gotta be a RH character this time in Smash 95% sure, I don't know if base game or dlc, but I feel like this time there's gonna be one.
I really hope so. While Joe would make me particularly happy, I'd really want ANY Rhythm Heaven character. I think it's the closest thing we have to a follow-up of Animal Crossing in Smash; Nintendo's most referenced series right now to NOT already have a playable Smash character.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A little on the topic, I just downloaded the demo for Rhythm Heaven (Paradise where I live) Megamix, and I realized it came out in 2016, and that made me think.. there's gotta be a RH character this time in Smash 95% sure, I don't know if base game or dlc, but I feel like this time there's gonna be one.
Please, I hope so, Rhythm Heaven is my Third favorite Nintendo Franchise only behind Smash and Pokemon

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Off topic but I'm really starting to hate flavor of the month characters.

As soon as a character gets in a leak or has some hints toward them that character automatically becomes the number 1 most requested and popular character ever and would be so awesome and cool and I wanted them in since Melee even though I never mentioned them in any posts

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Who are everyone's current top 3 most wanted characters?

Mine are

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Black Shadow
3. Medusa
1. Black Knight
2. Geno
3. Primarina

Number three changes frequently but right now it's Primarina. The only reason Joker isn't on the list is because I don't think there's any chance he's on the base roster. If he has a chance it's through dlc. Otherwise he'd be number 1.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Off topic but I'm really starting to hate flavor of the month characters.

As soon as a character gets in a leak or has some hints toward them that character automatically becomes the number 1 most requested and popular character ever and would be so awesome and cool and I wanted them in since Melee even though I never mentioned them in any posts
Yeah... Skull Kid wasn't talked about until RelaxAlax Brought up the chairs... he wasn't even popular in the ballot. So my recommendation is.. if you see a leak with Skull kid, Ignore it. It's probably fake.

(No offense Skull Kid fans, I just don't see it happening...)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A while ago I made my most crazy idea roster I wish for a Smash Game here is the result hope you can rate it for the lol

View attachment 162644
This is just my own idea.
Still a fan of/considers Sylux after Ridley and Dark Samus...my man.

One day the boy'll be in more games. And maybe we'll be able to set mines everywhere.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Yeah... Skull Kid wasn't talked about until RelaxAlax Brought up the chairs... he wasn't even popular in the ballot. So my recommendation is.. if you see a leak with Skull kid, Ignore it. It's probably fake.
Wat!? I mean, maybe as far as Ultimate goes but Skull Kid has always had support as a potential LOZ newcomer

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Was checking Melee trophies cause I was bored. Young Link apparently didn't mean to represent OoT or MM in Melee, he was supposed to represent the original LoZ on the NES. That's pretty weird, I wonder if he still believes that. :roll:

Potato_

Smash Lord

Interesting! I didn't know they released the official ballot results. Mind sharing a link?

Shroob

Sup?
Wat!? I mean, maybe as far as Ultimate goes but Skull Kid has always had support as a potential LOZ newcomer
He's always 'had' support, but it never was as big as it was after 8.8 due to Loz18, the chairs and Relaxalax making this mainstream.

Skull Kid's huge popularity RN is primarily bandwaggoning, not going to lie.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Was checking Melee trophies cause I was bored. Young Link apparently didn't mean to represent OoT or MM in Melee, he was supposed to represent the original LoZ on the NES. That's pretty weird, I wonder if he still believes that. :roll:
Well, Link was originally a 12 year old or something, so it makes sense, and that's the first 3D Young Link.

I still miss OoT Adult Link and TP Link.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman

Those are some big words right there.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A while ago I made my most crazy idea roster I wish for a Smash Game here is the result hope you can rate it for the lol

View attachment 162644
This is just my own idea.
  • Incineroar instead of... literally anyone else
  • F-Zero having more characters than Kirby (F-Zero having more than 1 character in general)
  • The one new Kirby character being Knuckle Joe
  • Dread Kong
Sorry, but this is horrible

Potato_

Smash Lord
I meant all of the Unofficial Fan Polls that listed the characters people voted for in the ballot
And those aren't completley indicative of what was on the ballot as a whole. Dark Samus was apparently very popular in the West according to Sakurai, but did you see her on any of those online polls? No. Therefore we can't really say for sure who won the ballot, only make educated guesses at best.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
He's always 'had' support, but it never was as big as it was after 8.8 due to Loz18, the chairs and Relaxalax making this mainstream.

Skull Kid's huge popularity RN is primarily bandwaggoning, not going to lie.
I always felt he exploded, cause, well, he's still possible. Missing as an AT makes people immediately jump to the idea of playable (*cough* Ashley and Isaac *cough*) but in Skull Kid's case what was his AT has now been reworked to exclude him.

This makes his addition way more likely and like I said he's always been requested.

Though I get the feeling that his status may be moved to boss

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And those aren't completley indicative of what was on the ballot as a whole. Dark Samus was apparently very popular in the West according to Sakurai, but did you see her on any of those online polls? No. Therefore we can't really say for sure who won the ballot, only make educated guesses at best.
She could easily be added as an echo... Skull kid can not

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman

Someone literally made an entire post about this and used hard evidence to prove it. Skull Kid and Isaac are both requested characters, BUT the pillows and sakurai picture definitely boosted their hype by 15x

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76979942

This guy made some extremely good arguments IMO

Shroob

Sup?
I always felt he exploded, cause, well, he's still possible. Missing as an AT makes people immediately jump to the idea of playable (*cough* Ashley and Isaac *cough*) but in Skull Kid's case what was his AT has now been reworked to exclude him.

This makes his addition way more likely and like I said he's always been requested.

Though I get the feeling that his status may be moved to boss
Except it's not his AT? The Moon is an entirely separate AT than Skull Kid. They don't even function the same at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom