• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is a bad mindset to have.

That's like proclaiming that ESRB leak is fake due to "Disablad"

Yeah, it's most likely fake, but there's nothing that flat out debunks it yet.
No, I don't know how that's like claiming the ESRB leak is fake due to "Disablad".

I want Karate Joe. I just find it suspicious that not only is the RH logo...like that, but the render is just as zoomed out and fuzzy as all the rest.
Yeah, though, I'll admit leaping to saying it was full-on debunked wasn't wise, my bad.

SevenGameSet

Smash Apprentice
Thought of another game we can play. Let's say two of the following ten franchises get an Echo.

:ultdk::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultinkling:

Which franchise would you choose to receive an Echo, who from that series would you pick, and why?

(Ex: I choose Dixie (DK) and Isabelle (AC). Both are fairly popular characters, and I feel like they're iconic enough to be in Smash. Plus, both franchises feel a little light on characters.
Ken Masters and Isabelle

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So......................

What kind of bosses do you guys want to see in this game?

I personally would love to fight Ultra Necrozma.
Metal Gear REX or RAY
Kraid (make him have a hitbox and when he slashes the stage it can also hurt you)

I can't thank of anyone else...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thought of another game we can play. Let's say two of the following ten franchises get an Echo.

:ultdk::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultryu::ultbayonetta::ultinkling:

Which franchise would you choose to receive an Echo, who from that series would you pick, and why?

(Ex: I choose Dixie (DK) and Isabelle (AC). Both are fairly popular characters, and I feel like they're iconic enough to be in Smash. Plus, both franchises feel a little light on characters.
Shadow and Octoling...easy

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Dante appears in both Project X Zone games on the 3DS.
Look, I forgot about that game tbh... but...

I can say this...

Regardless of Project X Zone... Kiryu would totally get into Smash because of the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD ports to Wii U.

Also Cloud did appear in a game on a Nintendo Console before he went to Smash, it was KH: Chain of Memories and Re:Coded

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Bit tough since Isabelle definitely deserves it, but there are other characters that excite me more.

I'd make Tails as a Sonic echo. I think he's undeniably deserving since he's known as Sonic's #2, and we've had that argument over several pages every few weeks. Tails could easily fit with all of Sonic's moves, just give him a Peach float and make his up throw be a tail buzzsaw instead.

As much as Isabelle is deserving, I have to give the Zelda series some love for the other one. And I'd choose 17e - Midna. Yes, her imp form is already an assist, but Midna's still a really popular character and now there is no representation from Twilight Princess among the Zelda crew. She'd be an easy pallette swap of most of Zelda's moves.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
So someone posted this in a discord im in
25leak.jpg

While it's easy just to go bigly if true, I've seen too many of these which im just gonna call "Retroactive" leaks to really believe this.

Usually these are pretty easy to track down however but i'm not very good at this tracking down stuff so if it's out there fast enough someone will debunk it in time.

I dont usually wanna be the one to post these myself but this one is just about interesting enough to pass and i cant see it anywhere a few pages back.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 162614
While it's easy just to go bigly if true, I've seen too many of these which im just gonna call "Retroactive" leaks to really believe this.

Usually these are pretty easy to track down however but i'm not very good at this tracking down stuff so if it's out there fast enough someone will debunk it in time.

I dont usually wanna be the one to post these myself but this one is just about interesting enough to pass and i cant see it anywhere a few pages back.
Oh this wasn't interesting until I looked at the name
Any reason to believe this isn't just inspect-elemented

Chrono.

Shadow for Sonic.

Ken for Ryu.

Yeah the #Boring choices but I want them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 162614

Couldn't they just inspect the element?

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 162614

I posted this a loooooooong time ago.

It's Inspect Element.

Tehponycorn found the original 4chan post and it was talking about the Jeuxvideo leak, not this.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

:ultryu: - Since I've played the Street Fighter series, I would opt between Ken, Akuma and Sakura.

:ultsonic: - Shadow the Hedgehog would be the obvious choice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 162614

While this is definitely fake, I must say, the ordering of Geno and Banjo-Kazooie I feel is VERY appropriate. The best crescendo to a fantastic climax. That's how this Smash should be, given it being the "Ultimate" Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shadow for Sonic.

Ken for Ryu.

Yeah the #Boring choices but I want them.
Neither of those choices are boring...just obvious
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/0...ss-of-including-music-in-smash-bros-ultimate/

To think we most likely got a Mega Man 4 medley because Jun Senoue liked the game that much.

Overall, an interesting read, and puts perspective on Nobuo Uematsu possibly being excessive on the asking price for his compositions.
I just hope he did some more Sonic remixes

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While this is definitely fake, I must say, the ordering of Geno and Banjo-Kazooie I feel is VERY appropriate. The best crescendo to a fantastic climax. That's how this Smash should be, given it being the "Ultimate" Smash.
I see this point come up often and the issue is that Sakurai doesn't order things like that.
Shulk was the last one revealed for 4. Not someone like Pac-Man
I'm pretty sure Olimar was the last for Brawl, but either way definitely not Snake or Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Funky Kong(Donkey Kong)
Impa(Sheik)
Feraligatr(Charizard, not part of a trainer, has Rock Smash, wing attacks replaced with back-spike moves)
Paula(Ness)
Black Shadow(Captain Falcon)
Shadow(Sonic)
New Leaf Villager(Villager)
Ken(Ryu)
Jeanne(Bayonetta)
Octoling(Inkling)

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I posted this a loooooooong time ago.

It's Inspect Element.

Tehponycorn found the original 4chan post and it was talking about the Jeuxvideo leak, not this.
Yeah that's what i meant by retroactive leaks like editing or faking an archive of a post we all "missed" which has all the characters.

Usually I wouldnt care about them but they're really easy to debunk so i thought it would be good to throw it out there anyway.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Two major Sonic composers are working on Ultimate.

If we STILL don't get a Sonic remix with that in mind, I'm going to be sad.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Considering we have both Tomoya Ohtani and Jun Senoe, really big composers in the Sonic series, if we don't get any remixes I will be ever so slightly upset.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Street Fighter has 36 Tracks this time... You know what this probably means?...

EDIT: LOL Capcom restricted to just youtube...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 162614

i call it Ctrl + Shift + I

Chrono.

I mean if Shadow is in, I can't see a possible showing of him not having a new song.

But then again, Chrom didn't.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo: "You're just in luck! Our newest character is sure to please: He has a huge, loving fandom, he's been requested for ages, here's...":

Welp, I just made two cursed posts in one day. I think this may be a new record for me.

pleasedon'thurtmethisisjustajokeIdon'twantthis
You're invited to turn in your internet card. You are now fired.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something about Final Fantasy only having 2 tracks: if the composer is the issue, is Bravely Default music not able to be used? No seriously, it's a subseries of Final Fantasy technically, unless it was the same composer I don't see an issue.

Street Fighter has 36 Tracks this time... You know what this probably means?...

EDIT: LOL Capcom restricted to just youtube...
We know that Street Fighter has two variants of Ryu's stage and then Vega, which means...
33 tracks of different Guile themes!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah we're getting at least two new Sonic songs.

Hope they're remixes.
Two major Sonic composers are working on Ultimate.

If we STILL don't get a Sonic remix with that in mind, I'm going to be sad.
Considering we have both Tomoya Ohtani and Jun Senoe, really big composers in the Sonic series, if we don't get any remixes I will be ever so slightly upset.
Yeah...atleast with Brawl we got a remix, but Smash 4 had nothing. With two Sonic composers doing things for Mega Man and Splatoon, we need more Sonic remixes (as well as Fist Bump)
Something about Final Fantasy only having 2 tracks: if the composer is the issue, is Bravely Default music not able to be used? No seriously, it's a subseries of Final Fantasy technically, unless it was the same composer I don't see an issue.

We know that Street Fighter has two variants of Ryu's stage and then Vega, which means...
33 tracks of different Guile themes!
That would be no problem for literally everyone

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
View attachment 162614

Check this out.

1536437819254.png

Inspect Element, lmao. It's bs. I don't believe any demo leaks until we get actual files for us to download and inspect ourselves.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Yeah...atleast with Brawl we got a remix, but Smash 4 had nothing. With two Sonic composers doing things for Mega Man and Splatoon, we need more Sonic remixes (as well as Fist Bump)

That would be no problem for literally everyone
Guile's theme should be able to play on every single stage.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody here a fan of modding in their own music to the game? Cause I sure am.

Shroob

Sup?
No, I don't know how that's like claiming the ESRB leak is fake due to "Disablad".

I want Karate Joe. I just find it suspicious that not only is the RH logo...like that, but the render is just as zoomed out and fuzzy as all the rest.
Yeah, though, I'll admit leaping to saying it was full-on debunked wasn't wise, my bad.
The thing that interests me the most isn't the supposed trailer, it's all the "Memories" posts part of the leak.

The fact that they knew enough to include the sheet of friggen stickers that went alongside the instruction booklet means that if nothing else, someone did some serious homework on the series' JP only GBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom