• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
Wow, I'm impressed.

I'm still calling fake, but this is a really imaginative stage idea and the pic wasn't taken with a potato at 90 mph. Props for that at least.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Wasn't he always taller than Young Link?
Mayne a bit but doesn't he look huge? It might just be the angle. And the fact it's fake.

I'd kill for a redisgned pokefloats that actually makes sense lol.
Apparently, the 4chan thread where the Pokefloats photo was posted also contains an image from the direct which doesn't correspond to anything we've ever seen before:

View attachment 162255
That looks almost identical to the last direct but with the background changed lol. He looks the same in a lot of his recent videos though...

Anyway can't be the same "leak" really because that footage probably wouldn't be in the direct.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Can I just say, even if this leak ends up fake, that is without a doubt the best fanmade idea for a stage I've ever seen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looking through the website, the last time the the sprite SVG file containing the icons was updated was on august 8th, which is obvious and makes sense, but there was a header related to the main side updated on august 6th as well, I don't know what this header is but it's interesting and I think it suggests that that we aren't getting a new series with the direct.
So, no Isaac (if he’s playable) this direct then?

Guess it’ll be from existing series, like Isabelle, Ken, or Skull Kid.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
How much time until the blog is supposed to be updated?
I’m going to say we aren’t getting any.

Today is probably the day where a character was supposed to be revealed, but because of the delay, we didn’t see it.

Oh god, intern-kun is going to leak another character, but this time, through a blog update.

Or leak the direct. I don’t want that to happen, I don’t want any leaks on the direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Apparently, the 4chan thread where the Pokefloats photo was posted also contains an image from the direct which doesn't correspond to anything we've ever seen before:

View attachment 162255
Brown couch... Blue and yellow pillows... Good lord, people would have a field day with that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s a ball jointed doll on one of the shelves in the background

Dolls are the Japanese name for Skells

ELMA CONFIRMED

shut up and let me have this ok

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Would he even be called Bandana Dee? Isn't that just a nickname from fans?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, I have to wonder if the faker specifically found that image in order to spark the furniture theory again.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
ahaha, looks like there's a wooden artist's mannequin in the back too! the shading looks odd on it compared to everything else though. how fun, either way! gets people talking and thinking.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Have we seen Sakurai in that oufit before? That shirt looks familiar.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

View attachment 162255
Purple and Yellow chairs = Skull Kid

Blue and yellow pillows = Waddle Dee

If this was before the BWD reveal, it'd be yellow + blue = Bandanna Dee

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would he even be called Bandana Dee? Isn't that just a nickname from fans?
If anything I have a theory he’d be called Waddle Dee. Y’all have heard my reasoning to death already so I’ll spare you this time

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
My best contribution to Smash speculation, the photo is fake because it's a reflected image of Sakurai, look at the top button on his shirt. It's on the opposite side of his usual shirts and assuming fashion works by the same rules in the US the buttons for men's shirts are always on the right.

Fake because of fashion!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I missed the Pokefloat leak because I was busy making my crummy Gothita edit but...hot dang that looks good. That is an amazing take on a Pokefloats 2 stage I want it to be real so, so bad now.

But as always, I assume leaks are fake by default and am prepared for the inevitable disappointment that comes when it turns out that stage isn't real.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Possible stage and character leak? I got this image from the Source Gaming discord but it originates from 4Chan

Fake or not it looks really good
If this is real, I really hope it will have this balloon!

1536278209268.png

If I can't have a playable Meowth, please at least let me have this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom