• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Twitch chat is awful right now.
Ignore the fact that I was curious and checked.
Please don't tell me it's awful for the reasons I think it's awful.

I'm losing faith in people today.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I really wish this post coincided with my 6666'th post, but soon enough I guess. Happy 4000, guys. Enjoy your stay, and behave over the next 1000 pages. The ride will be bumpy, but by the time we get to 5000, we will know about more characters.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I really wish this post coincided with my 6666'th post, but soon enough I guess. Happy 4000, guys. Enjoy your stay, and behave over the next 1000 pages. The ride will be bumpy, but by the time we get to 5000, we will know about more characters.
Or we'll be yelling at each other for about 1,000 pages of stuff lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wasn't there that Splatoon 2 datamine that implies the direct might be on the 13th?
Implies, but doesn't outright state. The best it really confirms is that the direct will almost certainly be before the 14th. Not necessarily the 13th, specifically.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wait, isn't next Tuesday, 9/11? I doubt Nintendo would want to remind people of a tragedy after a tragedy happened.
Yes, Nintendo tends to not do such things on days of tragedies.

EDIT: Oh nice, we're on page 40000 now. Good job guys

Last edited:

fortun8

Smash Cadet
forgive me if this is insensitive, but i feel like we shouldn't worry as much about 9/11 being the same day as announcements for video games or other things of that nature. i understand that it's a reminder of things we shouldn't forget and should at least acknowledge, but that doesn't mean we can't move forward, right? while it happened a good amount of time ago, and it's important to remember it, we should still be able to associate the day (edit: i meant the day of the year and years to come, not the year it happened. sorry!) with good things in the present and in the future, if you ask me!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I got hardcore pwned today between both my copy of NBA 2K19 from Best Buy and the Direct getting delayed; I guess I at least have Spider-Man tomorrow.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Wonder the speed. If it is a huge character like k rool or ridley, I expect an explosion. If we get banjo. Ot will jump 300 posts in one day.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Finally caught up! And page 4000 lets go.

Hope to hear about the rescheduled direct soon. I imagine that we'll get a mention about the earthquake in the direct.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
forgive me if this is insensitive, but i feel like we shouldn't worry as much about 9/11 being the same day as announcements for video games or other things of that nature. i understand that it's a reminder of things we shouldn't forget and should at least acknowledge, but that doesn't mean we can't move forward, right? while it happened a good amount of time ago, and it's important to remember it, we should still be able to associate the day with good things in the present and in the future, if you ask me!
Honestly agree. I think we should just move on and look forward to what's next. Not saying It's a bad thing to not put it on that date.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well, we made it to 4000 pages before the direct, but few could have thought it would be because of the earthquakes. It was destined to happen.

Also, I said this before the direct got announced and I'll say it again: it will definitely air before the 15th.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Oh boy, just think, if the Direct does air on Tuesday and we get two completely new characters revealed, that would mean that fighter #69 would have been revealed on 09/11. The Internet would never be the same.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If it's deathborn then it'll just be 1,000 posts of me screaming
On the other hand, if it's Geno, Skull Kid, Paper Mario, or Goemon (I can dream), I'm going to stop posting because I have no reason to speculate anymore and you all can just reach me on discord.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Now I'm just looking forward to footage from that Best-Buy demo, if it isn't embargoed. It will be good to watch and enjoy fresh vids.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m stealing this quote
I don't know man. There's one big thing that Kid Icarus has going for it that a lot of people seem to overlook. And that's the fact that Sakurai made the game. And it's clear that he loves it, what with all the representation it gets in Smash. Palutena's Guidance, all the items and stages, and if you recall the Kid Icarus cast was a big part of Bayonetta's reveal too.

With all that in mind, I feel like we're gonna get one new KI rep at minimum. And I personally believe it'll be Viridi. Sakurai could've easily left her out of Palutena's Guidance entirely, but he went ahead and made her a pretty big part of it (That's an extra voice actress he's gotta pay lol). And out of all the KI characters he could've used, he went with making a Mii costume of Viridi. The Reset Bomb stage is based off of her debut chapter in Uprising as well.

And finally, there's the whole "Reset Bomb stage deconfirms her" argument which I think is nonsense if I'm being honest. If she were being played on the stage, she could be replaced with Arlon, one of her army's commanders and one of the bosses in the game. Or you could make things even easier and just not have the projection show up at all. I just don't think background stage elements are viable reasons to deconfirm certain characters. Like with Toon Link or even Captain Toad.

Alright, I'm done ranting. If you couldn't tell I REALLY want her in the game lol
This is my Viridi quote now
In the name of Sakurai, I claim the 4000th post!
Thats a nope to you as you’re only the 2nd to post on the 4000th page

Nielicus

Smash Lord
What other costumes are you expecting and/or hoping to see?

Also shoutout to the number 4, she’s THAT girl.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Wish we could have had the 4000th page on happier circumstances but happy 4000 none the less

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom