• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So far those with autism like me, and can’t stop thinking about the game, I recommend finding new hobbies for the week. Like, look up what’s going on in the political world, go fishing, read new books, watch Hulu or Netflix.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
So far those with autism like me, and can’t stop thinking about the game, I recommend finding new hobbies for the week. Like, look up what’s going on in the political world, go fishing, read new books, watch Hulu or Netflix.
Or go take a shower

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So... The 13th eh?

The 13th is Thursday, which I usually work on. So hopefully I get some time to watch it. Depending on when it plays of course.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I now have a fixation on Crossword puzzles now. Doing this jumbo pack book, really makes time go faster and takes the long wait off.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Oh... Oh god, this might be the most heartless tweet I've ever read... Not rude in any form, but really, really heartless.

I can understand that some people can be sooooooo out of touch with the real world to think like this, but.... Yeah, no. I cannot understand at all.

Mod Edit: Let's keep offsite drama offsite please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I’ve recently fallen in LOVE with Hulu, and I’m an avid media consumer (books/movies/TV) so if anyone needs recommendations let me know :)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So just to pass the time a bit, I'll propose a Game. You have to replace Each of the Pokemon reps with different ones, but each one you replace has to be of the same Type and come from the same Generation. Pokemon Trainer can still be itself (or changed to Blue, Veteran Trainer, Brock, or whatever) if you want.

Here's what I'd go with:
Pokemon Trainer --> Veteran & Ace Pokemon Trainer (each with Female & hair color variants)
Squirtle --> Omanyte
Ivysaur --> Gloom
Charizard --> Magmar

Pikachu --> Raichu (bit of a copout, I know, but I'd rather have Raichu lol)
Jigglypuff --> Clefairy
Mewtwo --> Alakazam

Pichu --> Elekid

Lucario --> Mega Lopunny (I know its cheating, but the intro animation can be Lopunny Mega Evolving)
Lucario --> Gallade (If you guys find the Mega-evolution choice to be cheating lol)

Greninja --> Pangoro (Going based off its 'Dark' typing rather than Water)

Incineroar (assuming he is the pick) --> Salazzle
Okay, let's see....thank god these don't have to be echoes.

Pokemon Trainer: Blue
Squirtle --> Gyarados
Ivysaur --->Exeggcutor
Charizard ---> Arcanine

Pikachu --> Raichu
Jigglypuff --> Meowth
Mewtwo --> Alakazam

Pichu --> Elekid

Lucario -->Infernape(half fighting type)

Greninja -->Pangoro(there's a lack of dark types in XY that stand out, but Pangoro is the best)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So just to pass the time a bit, I'll propose a Game. You have to replace Each of the Pokemon reps with different ones, but each one you replace has to be of the same Type and come from the same Generation. Pokemon Trainer can still be itself (or changed to Blue, Veteran Trainer, Brock, or whatever) if you want.

Here's what I'd go with:
Pokemon Trainer --> Veteran & Ace Pokemon Trainer (each with Female & hair color variants)
Squirtle --> Omanyte
Ivysaur --> Gloom
Charizard --> Magmar

Pikachu --> Raichu (bit of a copout, I know, but I'd rather have Raichu lol)
Jigglypuff --> Clefairy
Mewtwo --> Alakazam

Pichu --> Elekid

Lucario --> Mega Lopunny (I know its cheating, but the intro animation can be Lopunny Mega Evolving)
Lucario --> Gallade (If you guys find the Mega-evolution choice to be cheating lol)

Greninja --> Pangoro (Going based off its 'Dark' typing rather than Water)

Incineroar (assuming he is the pick) --> Salazzle
Gotta have that Twitch Plays Pokémon trainer:
Squirtle -> Omastar
Ivysaur -> Nidoking (assuming secondary types count)
Charizard -> Pidgeot

Pikachu -> Magnemite (because Japan loves this as a meme for some reason)
Jigglypuff -> Snorlax
Mewtwo -> Mew

Pichu -> Ampharos

Lucario -> Toxicroak

Greninja -> Clawitzer

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people say that the newcomer that would have probably been revealed in the Direct can't be switched with another one (if its reveal trailer is controversial).

The numbering system only shows the order the characters are revealed in, so what's stopping them from attributing the next number to the second character in line and vice-versa?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Oh... Oh god, this might be the most heartless tweet I've ever read... Not rude in any form, but really, really heartless.

I can understand that some people can be sooooooo out of touch with the real world to think like this, but.... Yeah, no. I cannot understand at all.
Somehow I'm not surprised.
People are ****ing evil, man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't understand why people say that the newcomer that would have probably been revealed in the Direct can't be switched with another one (if its reveal trailer is controversial).

The numbering system only shows the order the characters are revealed in, so what's stopping them from attributing the next number to the second character in line and vice-versa?
Aren't the characters ordered in game by that number system

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Luckily for me Spider Man drops tomorrow, so the waits gonna be nothing.

Unless they delay Spider Man a week too to coincide the new game with the Spider Man for Smash trailer.

kylexv

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Sakurai has said in the past that, if he could, he would not cut anyone, especially since he took time to imagine cool and unique movesets for them. However, that isn't the reality of game development, so Sakurai is forced to cut a few characters from the last game.
Was looking through some of my old posts.
This most certainly did not age well...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
When does it hit? Is it before the 13th?

Monday I believe. But it could be delayed till Thursday so it doesn't spoil the contents of the direct. However someone's likely going to get their hands on a copy and leak the contents of the Issue before the Direct.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Our thoughts and prayers are going out to those in Japan right now. With that said, I'm gonna try to steer discussion in a happier direction.

Smash Ultimate's main development cycle has wrapped up, and Mr. Sakurai is taking a short vacation before the production of DLC. He's left you and your crew in charge of brainstorming ideas for new games and IPs to be represented by the DLC. The catch: Everything (except Echo Fighters) is required to have debuted post the Switch launch (so anything from Breath of the Wild onward. He needs:
- At least three character proposals. Bonus points for including your reasoning as to why they are included or what makes them unique.
- At least two assist trophy proposals to be added for free.
- At least two stage proposals; If new series are being represented by a playable character they must come with a stage.
- Anything else you'd like to add that would contribute to the game (music, trophies, etc.)

What do you suggest?

- New Fighter: Spring Man from ARMS. Added not only to promote ARMS but because his gimmick allows him even further reach than Simon, and his colorful design fits in with the rest of the cast; he plays kinda like Little Mac, but his specials are completely different and his melee range is amazing but with lots of ending lag on his moves.
- New Fighter: Octoling from Splatoon. Based off of the Agent 8 design and used to promote the Octo Expansion DLC for Splatoon 2, the Octolings are an echo fighter of the Inklings that have less ink reserves but do more damage and knockback.
- New Fighter: Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Pyra follows Rex similar to the Ice Climbers, and the closer she is to Rex the more powerful his moves are, forcing opponents to try and knock Pyra away from Rex if they want an easier fight.
- New Fighter: Edelgard from Fire Emblem: The Three Houses. Added to piss off the Smash fanbase to promote the new game and because as an axe wielder she'd be more unique amongst the Fire Emblem cast.

- New Assist Trophy: Ninjara from ARMS.
- New Assist Trophy: Mipha from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

- New Stage: Spring Stadium from ARMS. Spring Man's home stage from ARMS is brought directly into Smash.
- New Stage: Starfish Mainstage from Splatoon 2.
- New Stage: World Tree from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
- New Stage based on the new Yoshi game.
- Returning Stage: Rainbow Road
- Returning Stage: PAC-MAZE
- Returning Stage: Jungle Hijinxs

New Music from Daemon x Machina, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, ARMS, and Fire Emblem: The Three Houses is included, including, but not limited to:
- Spring Stadium
- Ribbon Ring
- Ninja College
- Ramen Bowl
- Via Dolce
- Vs. Hedlok
- Battle!!
- Counterattack
- Incoming!
- Boss Battle II

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course Famitsu is probably going to be leaked and reveal the new characters.
Katsuhiko Hayashi (Editor-in-Chief of Famitsu) has stated before that they work extremely close with Japanese game developers and publishers. "We team up with them and decide when to put out stories and things like that. So it's kind of like a partnership..."
I'm sure that with the recent delay that various media outlets in Japan and Nintendo themselves are trying their best to prevent any info to get out before air time.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Guess I was right about there being no Smash announcement, just didn't think I'd be right THAT way. :eek::c

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Um, I'm not sure I see anything wrong with this.

D

Deleted member

Not to go too far off-topic, but does anyone have suggestions for a Youtube thumbnail blocker for Chrome? Wanna try to spoiler-dodge Direct spoilers as much as possible.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I figured out an extension I already have has an element picker, so I'm all good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Here's a game for you fellas and felletes.

Pick a new third party from each company... But pick someone who has not seen a noteable amount of support. As in, not seen much on polls, barely EVER talked about, and stuff like that. Dig deep.

For the sake of consistency, they have to have been on a Nintendo platform in some capacity.

SEGA: Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
Capcom: Harp Note (Mega Man Starforce)
Namco: Mappy/Valkyrie
Konami: A Dance Dance Revolution rep
Square Enix: Marche (FF Tactics Advance)
Late but sounds fun
SEGA: Akira
Capcom: Cody
Namco: Jade Curtiss
Konami: Soma Cruz
Square Enix: Zidane

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't see what's so bad with the tweet. Yeah, it probably isn't the most polite or understanding thing you could say, but it felt like more of a genuine question than anger or frustration.

Not that it matters. Even if the tweet was extremely crude or inappropriate, there's no reason to bring it up on Smashboards and be demeaning.

Even if the character was someone like Isaac, I still don't think Nintendo would switch him out for someone else.

Seriously, Nintendo cares about our feelings, but I don't think they care that much. They really wanted to acknowledge Mario's anniversary back in 2015, even if it meant releasing Mario Maker on September 11th.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Why would they do that when, alternatively, they can not do that
If the character reveal trailer is in bad taste (which I don't believe it is, this is all hypothetical), then them modifying the Direct in order to reveal another character on Thursday (or whenever it's gonna be) is not as unlikely as some people have stated because there's literally nothing stopping them from doing it other than the numbering system, which can easily be changed (including the CSS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom