• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bandana Dee, Dixie, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid and a Gen 7 Pokemon (Most likely Incineroar) are definitely all guaranteed at this point. There's no questioning behind it. I think there will be a Retro Fighter as well since its a trend like Pokemon then again some argues Simon already covers that.

Banjo-Kazooie, Rex & Pyra, Heihachi and maybe Isaac I definitely think are guaranteed DLC.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People still use that phrase in 2018?
I'm just saying because Meta Ridley is the same as Ridley as Dry Bowser is to Bowser. It makes a lot more sense for him to be a costume then an Echo. They pulled it off with Meta Ridley. Dry Bowser can't be anymore difficult.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Bandana Dee, Dixie, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid and a Gen 7 Pokemon are definitely all guaranteed at this point. There's no questioning behind it. I think there will be a Retro Fighter as well since its a trend like Pokemon then again some argues Simon already covers that.

Banjo-Kazooie, Rex & Pyra, Heihachi and maybe Isaac I definitely think are guaranteed DLC.
Heihachi's VA died recently, i think they might wanna not add him to pay respect

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Bit of an aside from the absolutely invigorating leak talk going on (hon hon, oui oui) but I made a Spotify playlist celebrating my most wanted goodboy.
It's certainly not the best thing ever, but I might take requests of playlists for other people's current mains/most wanted newcomers. If anyone is interested feel free to let me know and I might try it if it seems doable to me. Might make a thread for this too.
Followed u on Spotify :) I love Marina. What’re your thoughts on the leak?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heihachi's VA died recently, i think they might wanna not add him to pay respect
Wouldn't it make more sense to do so? By adding Heihachi is honoring his voice actor. They can simply just record lines from the Tekken games.

If that's the case though. Maybe we'll get Nightmare or Agumon. This definitely would increase their chances then. :)

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly, those three and Skull Kid are locks for me personally. Along with a new Pokemon, I think that's the rest of unique newcomers
Let's see here:

If you believe Vergeben, Incineroar, Geno and Banjo are technically possible picks if you assume a few things:

-Verg's Incineroar source is right
-His SE Rep info is based on Geno and Sakurai restating that he wanted him in 2016.
-Microsoft involvement via Minecraft, which may hint at the possibility of Banjo (simply because both parties are communicating).

If you believe Skull kid has hints so far via information we know, he may also be in:
- A usable item taking over his AT function
- The moon taking over his MM presence as an AT
- Termina returning
- YLs final smash and possible alternate costumes are unknown, may be MM related
- and more

Finally, I personally think Isaac may be in due to this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...rtain_a_golden_sun/?utm_source=reddit-android

Because of all of this, we may be living in the best timeline:D

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Bandana Dee, Dixie, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid and a Gen 7 Pokemon (Most likely Incineroar) are definitely all guaranteed at this point. There's no questioning behind it. I think there will be a Retro Fighter as well since its a trend like Pokemon then again some argues Simon already covers that.

"guaranteed"

Choose your words carefully...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bit of an aside from the absolutely invigorating leak talk going on (hon hon, oui oui) but I made a Spotify playlist celebrating my most wanted goodboy.
It's certainly not the best thing ever, but I might take requests of playlists for other people's current mains/most wanted newcomers. If anyone is interested feel free to let me know and I might try it if it seems doable to me. Might make a thread for this too.
If you're taking requests, a Celica one would be nifty, since she's my current most wanted now that Chrom is in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just saying because Meta Ridley is the same as Ridley as Dry Bowser is to Bowser. It makes a lot more sense for him to be a costume then an Echo. They pulled it off with Meta Ridley. Dry Bowser can't be anymore difficult.
Yeah, but the issue is that it would give Mario Kart fans PTSD flashbacks.

If that happens, that could allow someone else from Namco to appear (in before they just default to Jin).

Wouldn't it make more sense to do so? By adding Heihachi is honoring his voice actor. They can simply just record lines from the Tekken games.

If that's the case though. Maybe we'll get Nightmare or Agumon. This definitely would increase their chances then. :)
I know that Super Robot Wars tends to do that (e.g. Banjo Ginga used the same voice bites done for him for a while after his VA died), but I'm not sure if they'd go as far as do that here.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
The french leak got so much interesting. Thank you for that. We just need now an official direct o something with official info

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
At this point I'm more interested in the game's features & modes than characters.

I mean yeah sure, Banjo&Kazooie and Ken are hype; but can more than +4 people join a room for 8 player FFA's?
  • Is there an actual spectator mode for people that just want to watch a fight; and not bother with picking a random character, SD the remaining stocks before the match begins?
  • Are there Round Robins? For 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s 4,4s etc....
  • Squad Strike is it just local? Is it online too? If so, Is there a For Glory/Fun Squad Strikers mode?
  • Is there Ranked?
  • Are replay time lengths extended past the WiiU's 3mins?

I should make a video on this, because there are a lot of juicy stuff to speculate on than just chars.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
WAIT! IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME

If the thread was deleted in July

How did the guy go back to it and Inspect Element it in September

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Dixie, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid and a Gen 7 Pokemon are definitely all guaranteed at this point. There's no questioning behind it. I think there will be a Retro Fighter as well since its a trend like Pokemon then again some argues Simon already covers that.

I don't think any character is guaranteed--that's setting up for disappointment. But if I were to set myself up for disappointment, I would say Banjo & Kazooie are guaranteed for the base roster (not really, this is a hypothetical). The base roster was decided in 2015, and Sakurai has mentioned the ballot when deciding on at least K Rool. Banjo & Kazooie were very popular around that time, as well as Spencer's tweet around that time giving his approval (whether it's genuine or not doesn't matter, if we take it as a given B&K would be base or DLC for this hypothetical). Everything fits for Banjo & Kazooie being in the base roster, rather than DLC.

Of course, just because everything lines up, doesn't mean it would happen--it could also be the case that they never get in. Which is why I say no character is guaranteed. But I hear people say Banjo & Kazooie are DLC, without any clear explanation or reasoning as to why. It's always been something I've been curious about.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Let's see here:

If you believe Vergeben, Incineroar, Geno and Banjo are technically possible picks if you assume a few things:

-Verg's Incineroar source is right
-His SE Rep info is based on Geno and Sakurai restating that he wanted him in 2016.
-Microsoft involvement via Minecraft, which may hint at the possibility of Banjo (simply because both parties are communicating).

If you believe Skull kid has hints so far via information we know, he may also be in:
- A usable item taking over his AT function
- The moon taking over his MM presence as an AT
- Termina returning
- YLs final smash and possible alternate costumes are unknown, may be MM related
- and more

Finally, I personally think Isaac may be in due to this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...rtain_a_golden_sun/?utm_source=reddit-android

Because of all of this, we may be living in the best timeline:D
It’s not the best timeline until we get bandana see and chorus kids on top of that :(

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"guaranteed"

Choose your words carefully...
Well evidence towards some characters like Skull Kid, Shadow and Isabelle are locks. While the others were up there in the ballot. I'm only going by this evidence and how high these characters got in the ballot.

cothero

Smash Lord
Wow, there's a lot of new pages since i've gone. So lets see if i get this straight: a french leaker says we're getting Black Shadow, Isaac, Ken and Shadow. Have i missed something else?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think any character is guaranteed--that's setting up for disappointment. But if I were to set myself up for disappointment, I would say Banjo & Kazooie are guaranteed for the base roster (not really, this is a hypothetical). The base roster was decided in 2015, and Sakurai has mentioned the ballot when deciding on at least K Rool. Banjo & Kazooie were very popular around that time, as well as Spencer's tweet around that time giving his approval (whether it's genuine or not doesn't matter, if we take it as a given B&K would be base or DLC for this hypothetical). Everything fits for Banjo & Kazooie being in the base roster, rather than DLC.

Of course, just because everything lines up, doesn't mean it would happen--it could also be the case that they never get in. Which is why I say no character is guaranteed. But I hear people say Banjo & Kazooie are DLC, without any clear explanation or reasoning as to why. It's always been something I've been curious about.
I don't know...Banjo-Kazooie to me just feels like they'd be more DLC then Base tbh. Plus by making them DLC would get Microsoft back some money through the deal of using them in the game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Fortnight is not that bad of a game
But it is...

It’s mechanically a mess because it’s a mishmash of multiple gameplay styles, it’s marketing is a mess because of how misleading it is, it’s micro transactions are a mess because they don’t actually get you jack****, and don’t even get me started on it’s popularity.

The game in general is a mess but it got so popular out of literally no where and it’s annoying.

Rant over.

D

Deleted member

When you do finally burn, Gondor will be so startled by it’s brightness they’ll light their own beacons out of confusion.
Originally, I was against Gothitelle because "lazy Gen V character for the sake of Gen V character" is extremely weak, especially when Gen V has some really neat Pokemon in it. But with how much I've memed it up, I'd main Gothitelle if it got in. I've never even disliked it as a Pokemon, especially after my Black Nuzlocke.

Last edited by a moderator:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Followed u on Spotify :) I love Marina. What’re your thoughts on the leak?
Marina's the best. New music in the coming months, woot!
As for the leak, I'm fairly apathetic to it. It doesn't deeconfirm any of my most wanted, so that's always a plus. On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily confirm them either. I think the most interesting part is the Giygas boss battle and the implications that has for a single player campaign.

If you're taking requests, a Celica one would be nifty, since she's my current most wanted now that Chrom is in.
I'd love to try Celica! I know next to nothing about Fire Emblem, but I like Celica's design and I'd love to see another mage character. I'll try and remember to get that playlist done! :)

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna remember this french leak... I was all but ready to believe it was fake but now that I've realised he couldn't have gone back to a deleted thread and Inspect Elemented it, I'm back at a maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom