• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, Verge said the post that said Bandai Namco rep was in was a fake, but that did not necessarily mean a Bandai Namco rep wasn't in. However, there's another person (edit: Imran) who apparently said a Bandai Namco rep was in, giving Sega, Konami, SE, BN, and Capcom 2 unique reps each. I don't know how much stock to put into that, though.

Edit: Didn't necessarily say that, but implied it in a tweet.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Listen, they put end-game Fiora into Shulk's final smash for no reason.
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to spoil something like that.
I know mate.

Just was being respectful to a friend on Twitter who didn’t go far enough.

And that’s true, Sakurai would care less about spoilers.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Visually his design is a more detailed modern one with golden Belly and tail. They eyes has almost identical veins to the modern one (stress eyes are not unique to his old design). crown is about the same size as the modern as well.
View attachment 161262
So Koopaul is absolutely right about modern being the base.
The red eye on his original design...

What led to that? It almost looks like a poorly colored egg.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well remember, Lloyd also got a skin and Tales is super popular in Japan. If neither are in the base game, then you can bet it would be Lloyd for DLC at the most because Heihachi's voice actor died.
Heihachi's dead VA got replaced by a new one a while ba--

Wait, Tessho Genda died too??

Edit: My bad, it's actually Unshou Ishizuka. Lord, the character's cursed...:(

Here i go again But Konami only makes MGS, Bomberman, Castlevania and those pinball machines. Silent Hill is dead and no one cares about Pro Evolution Soccer.
Still more alive than Sunsoft, which only just loaned the Blaster Master license to Inti Creates lately. Even Treasure has been more active than Sunsoft.

People only want 'em bought for Smash or to revive dead franchises.
Then again about half of the series in Smash are under the rug so it's not like the latter is ever gonna happen.
In fairness, it would be beneficial in the case of Earthworm Jim, seeing as Interplay is imploding and trying to sell its stuff. At the very least Smash would keep him immortalized, even if the first game gets ported/remade ad nauseam for the rest of time.

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
I feel like every third party could get a newcomer at this point
Konami: Simon/Richter.
Capcom: Ken echo. Possibly Dante, Phoenix Wright, Morrigan, Amaterasu etc. Capcom's got quite a variety to choose from.
Sega: Could go with Shadow but Arle Nadja, Tails, maybe a SMT/Persona character seems possible (RIP NiGHTS :( ).
Namco: Heihachi, Lloyd Iriving, Nightmare. I dont really see Agumon happening though, I wouldn't mind if i was proven wrong.
Square: Honestly, I feel like Geno's time is now. Alternatively, Crono, Neku, maybe even Sora could end up happening.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Capcom: Ken echo. Possibly Dante, Phoenix Wright, Morrigan, Amaterasu etc. Capcom's got quite a variety to choose from.
Sega: Could go with Shadow but Arle Nadja, Tails, maybe a SMT/Persona character seems possible (RIP NiGHTS :( ).
Namco: Heihachi, Lloyd Iriving, Nightmare. I dont really see Agumon happening though, I wouldn't mind if i was proven wrong.
Square: Honestly, I feel like Geno's time is now. Alternatively, Crono, Neku, maybe even Sora could end up happening.
For Sega, Joker/Ren Amamiya from Persona 5 is an option too since Sega owns Atlus now.

Also,

>Neku

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Visually his design is a more detailed modern one with golden Belly and tail. They eyes has almost identical veins to the modern one (stress eyes are not unique to his old design). crown is about the same size as the modern as well.
View attachment 161262
So Koopaul is absolutely right about modern being the base.
He really isn't though.
Much darker colors, Scaly, golden "armor" are all a part of Rool's Ultimate Appearance and they all come from his retro design.

The jewel and a smaller crown are the only real attributes he takes from his modern design.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
User was warned for this post
Alright guys I've got an amazing new leak for you. Get ready!

Haha you see its funny because Farfetch'd carries a leek.

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Geno really seems likely to me, but I also think a Dragon Quest representative should definitely be considered.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Five of Konami's modern IPs, Bemani, PowerPro, Tokimeki Memorial, Love Plus, and MomoTetsu (from Hudson), have little to no presence outside of Japan. Bemani has DDR at least.

Aside from that, there's Goemon, Suikoden, PowerPocket, Gradius, Silent Hill, Contra, Parodius, Twinbee, BishiBashi, Silent Scope, Rumble Roses, Boktai, some of which Konami promised sequels for but never did. It'd be a lot of work reviving all these no matter who owned them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright guys I've got an amazing new leak for you. Get ready!

Haha you see its funny because Farfetch'd carries a leak.
That's a leek, with two e's, but I don't wanna ruin the joke, so I'm just gonna write this text super small.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't remind me
I'm sorry man. Maybe Jason might show up in Smash someday, if it's any consolation.

They might include Klonoa, assuming that movie of his is anywhere near completion.

Geno really seems likely to me, but I also think a Dragon Quest representative should definitely be considered.
The interesting thing about DQ is that it could be anyone from there at this point. Loto and/or every hero as an alt, Slime, one of the various secondary characters, the Builders...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What Assist Trophies would people like to see get in?

For me.

Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Lana; She stars in spin-off games so she'd get the same treatment as Waluigi if she were to appear in some form
Rambi

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For me.

Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Lana; She stars in spin-off games so she'd get the same treatment as Waluigi if she were to appear in some form
Rambi
Prince Froggy: He'd eat opponents, hold them in his stomach and hop out to the blast zone

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's a leek, with two e's, but I don't wanna ruin the joke, so I'm just gonna write this text super small.
Well darn, now that you've pointed that out I have have to go fix it or it'll just drive me mad.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Both aren't exactly relevant now a days but Chrono is certainly way more iconic
I feel like the Smash community would disagree with you on that. Geno is weirdly deified in this fandom.

cipher35

Smash Rookie
I forgot about a Dragon Quest character, I can almost definitely see DQ getting representation somehow. Also, I'd be shocked if Ubisoft got a rep and it didn't turn out to be Rayman. I mean, I guess Dancer from the Just Dance series has some long Nintendo history.

Iridium

Smash Hero
A Dragon Quest character would be hype. Especially if it were Eight.
Sakurai most likely wouldn't hesitate to have Slime appear in some way if Dragon Quest got more traction.

This got me thinking though. What are some less recognizable Square Enix franchises that you think would be great in Smash? I always say Valkyrie Profile.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really want Shantae in but something in my subconscious tells me that she is going to get ASSISTED
To be honest if anything. I feel Shovel Knight being an Assist honestly increased her chances. Shovel Knight may seem popular but Shantae has had more history with Nintendo going back to the GBC and is relatively popular in Japan while getting up there in the Ballot. I can't see two Indie reps being an Assist. I don't think she'll be base but more likely DLC if she makes the cut.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sakurai most likely wouldn't hesitate to have Slime appear in some way if Dragon Quest got more traction.

This got me thinking though. What are some less recognizable Square Enix franchises that you think would be great in Smash? I always say Valkyrie Profile.
Dragon Quest is insanely popular in Japan. Get out of here with this “if Dragon Quest got more traction” garbage.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’m a huge Star Ocean Stan(TM) so I’d love to see it in some shape or form

Even a Welch Vineyard trophy would leave me content (fyi she’s basically the Star Ocean equivalent of Fire Emblem’s Anna)

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie

For me.

Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Rambi
I think a forgotten Sega character like NiGHTS or Beat would be fun to see. AiAi from Super Monkey Ball could be a fun one too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Prince Froggy: He'd eat opponents, hold them in his stomach and hop out to the blast zone
Isn't it weird that you like to associate with a lot of things that eat people? :p

Iridium

Smash Hero
Dragon Quest is insanely popular in Japan. Get out of here with this “if Dragon Quest got more traction” garbage.
By that, I meant if Sakurai specifically gave it more attention. I'm aware of Japan's love for it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like if we did get an "indie representative" Shantae is by far the most likely.

Now hold up, here me out, Shantae is actually a classic character and dare I say the original indie character. She debuted way waaaaay back on the Gameboy Color, published by Capcom, but almost 100% made by Matt Bozan and friends. On top of that she's still relevant and incredibly popular. If there's a character from an indie developer that's going to be playable it's going to be Shantae. I'm incredibly confident in that.

And I'd be completely cool with that. Shantae has some damn fun games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom