• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
User was warned for this post
Guys, c'mon now. Everyone knows that leaks are going nuts. I already found something y'all shall check into since this leak looks legit

GOTCHA :troll:

But seriously, the leaks are getting out of hand. I'm not buying a single leak until I see legit confirmation

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Shovel Knight got assisted, I highly expect any other indie character who dares to trek into Sakurai's lair to suffer the same fate. Though, that's not really bad at all. I don't expect it to be Shantae though. Minecraft is technically indie by developer even if owned by Microsoft, and Reimu from Touhou has a way bigger audience that Shantae could never beat.

I chose Prince Froggy because he's from ****ing Yoshi's Island!!!

Yes. Your point?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like if we did get an "indie representative" Shantae is by far the most likely.

Now hold up, here me out, Shantae is actually a classic character and dare I say the original indie character. She debuted way waaaaay back on the Gameboy Color, published by Capcom, but almost 100% made by Matt Bozan and friends. On top of that she's still relevant and incredibly popular. If there's a character from an indie developer that's going to be playable it's going to be Shantae. I'm incredibly confident in that.

And I'd be completely cool with that. Shantae has some damn fun games.
To top it off she made it high up there in the ballot, frequently very popular in Japan and has had lots of history with Nintendo then any other Indie rep. If anything I think Shovel Knight being an Assist had increased her chances. I can't see two Indies being the same thing honestly

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Joker (Sorry Sonic series, but I'd like more series if I had to pick)
Capcom: Dante
Bandai Namco: Heihachi
Square Enix: Sora
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Crash

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
Sega: Tails
Capcom: Amaterasu or Zero
Square: Geno & Mallow

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel like if we did get an "indie representative" Shantae is by far the most likely.

Now hold up, here me out, Shantae is actually a classic character and dare I say the original indie character. She debuted way waaaaay back on the Gameboy Color, published by Capcom, but almost 100% made by Matt Bozan and friends. On top of that she's still relevant and incredibly popular. If there's a character from an indie developer that's going to be playable it's going to be Shantae. I'm incredibly confident in that.

And I'd be completely cool with that. Shantae has some damn fun games.
Wasn't there support for Cave Story representation at some point? I feel like I remember that...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Guys, I think we're sleeping on the chances of Dr. Luigi becoming a Dr. Mario echo
Yeah, even in a "Ballot only" situation, he must've gotten a bunch from people either joke voting or, like me, wanting sets complete.

(So far we've completed Mario Princesses and FE: A's main cast so it could happen)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Kinda funny to see the attitude of "oh geez another sword user…" yet we still have at the same time "yay chrono!" lol sometimes i just dont get you guys :p make up your mindies!

But personally i would be just as happy if we got Chrono. I would feel sad about Geno fans tho, I think they deserve getting him already after all that mii costume kick in the nuts.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah, even in a "Ballot only" situation, he must've gotten a bunch from people either joke voting or, like me, wanting sets complete.

(So far we've completed Mario Princesses and FE: A's main cast so it could happen)
I'm gonna legit laugh if this does happen just to see all the WTF reactions

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
With my boyfriend we've playing the Subspace Emissary again. I really want a new story mode like that one :(

D

Deleted member

I'm 100% Team Crono and he's easily the most hype Square character for me. Also, he's not a sword user, he uses a katana you uncultered simpletons, completely different
no but seriously, i don't think i ever played a JRPG that didn't make a big deal out of how swords and katanas are different

amageish

Smash Master
Goodness, it took forever to catch up with the amount of posts we've had today...

Question: Does anyone remember a rumour posted just after E3 claiming that (i) Smash Bros information was on a need-to-know basis, (ii) Nintendo is montoring the entire internet for leaks, and (iii) Nintendo will be doing a counter-information campaign?

I doubt it's validity, but in premise it'd be absolutely hillarious if the reason today has been drowning us in fake leaks was because Nintendo themselves hired people to make fake ESRB-leak-esque leaks right after the game was rated.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I don't know if that's considerate or insensitive.
Unless Heihachi's story continues in a planned Tekken 8 game, I doubt they'd hire another VA just for smash (unless he's already in the game) this soon. Its inconsiderate to the actor.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
How would everyone feel if instead of Geno we got Chrono?
I'd be kinda disappointed but not in the level I was when Cloud was announced (I grew to be ok with it over the years but at first was like "this borderline Sony mascot got in but Geno didn't????//??//?///?")

But I'm pretty sure that would bring a lot of people outside the Smash fans bubble. Crono is pretty iconic I think, even if Geno is more popular among us

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
He really isn't though.
Much darker colors, Scaly, golden "armor" are all a part of Rool's Ultimate Appearance and they all come from his retro design.
The jewel and a smaller crown are the only real attributes he takes from his modern design
His shape is almost literally is the same as the modern one. The Modern design is meant to have scales (Easiest to see on the WiiU trophy, but he obviously hasn't been in a game where they needed to detail it.). He's (except the tail) pretty much modern textured as classic.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Sunsoft cared about Waku Waku 7 enough to rerelease it onto the Switch, now if only they would do more with it. Bonus-kun in Smash would be weird, though.

Chrono.

Curious, if every third party got only one more unique rep (can include Konami despite Simon), who would you want it to be? You can include third parties not in yet (as well as deconfirmed characters).

Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)

Some companies I have a lot more difficult time coming up with possibilities than others. Also, apologies if I made any glaring errors, as I'm basing it off a list I made previously doing research.
SEGA: Tails
Capcom: Zero (MMZ)
Bamco: Lloyd Irving
Square Enix: Erdrick
Microsoft: I guess Banjo, I'm not really well versed in MS franchises
Activision: Spyro
Atlus: Demi Fiend
SNK: Kyo Kusanagi or Iori Yagami

Cheated and added Atlus even though they're owned SEGA. :p

Also added SNK because damn y'all keep forgetting them.
I am disappointed beyond words.
Hey, I did play an hour of Chrono Cross!

That might actually be worse isn't it?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if on the starting screen, we get to see all the character trophies line up, like in the 3DS version, or have the characters themselves simply line up like in Melee? I want to see that come back...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, if we're talking indie reps. I'm going to hard-push Cave Story

QUOTE AND CURLY FOR SMASH, GUYS.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, if we get a third non-Echo SEGA character, then this guy is the way to go:
607AD5D5-576B-4B7E-A690-00DF85848029.png

He’s from the highest-selling JRPG of all time and one of the most popular Japanese gaming franchises as well, he just makes too much sense.

(Also Arle is an option but Ren wins out because he hasn’t global recognition)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wouldn't it be cool if on the starting screen, we get to see all the character trophies line up, like in the 3DS version, or have the characters themselves simply line up like in Melee? I want to see that come back...
How about an ingame recreation of the now iconic mural that's on the Smash frontpage?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai most likely wouldn't hesitate to have Slime appear in some way if Dragon Quest got more traction.

This got me thinking though. What are some less recognizable Square Enix franchises that you think would be great in Smash? I always say Valkyrie Profile.
Having a stage from Rad Racer would be neat. Normally I would have said Agent 47, but it turns out that IO Interactive is no longer under the SE umbrella and went indie.

:ultluigi:I wouldn't mind it.:ultluigi: Although I would still vouch for Pauline, Cap'n Toad, Birdo and Plum, having two sets of Mario Bros. would be funny.

Also added SNK because damn y'all keep forgetting them.
Damn straight. Even less people think of supporting Metal Slug characters.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Square Enix: Sora (I know it's technically Disney)

• Konami: Raiden (can be unique or Snake echo but Snake echo is definitely more likely)
  • Sega: NiGHTS or Jack Frost, I'd take Joker as well tho
  • Capcom: Phoenix Wright
  • Bandai Namco: Agumon
  • Square Enix: Geno aaaaa
  • Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie for their fans

Last edited:

Chrono.

• Konami: Raiden (can be unique or Snake echo but Snake echo is definitely more likely)
  • Sega: NiGHTS or Jack Frost, I'd take Joker as well tho
  • Capcom: Phoenix Wright
  • Bandai Namco: Agumon
  • Square Enix: Agumon
  • Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie for their fans
I did not know SE co-owned Agumon. :p
Dude Chrono Cross was my **** in middle school, you have great taste. Screw the haters
I was actually quite liking it, but then I started to hear about all the party members I was missing and kinda got annoyed so I restarted to try and get one I had missed at the time (your childhood friend iirc), but I got busy and never picked it up again.

Had my PS3 not died it'd still be there. :p

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Sega: Kiryu
Microsoft: Banjo
Bamco: Nightmare/Yoshimitsu
Square: Geno/Chrono/Erdrick
Ubisoft: Rayman
Activision (God...): Spyro/Crash

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Square Enix: Sora

Oooh i love these ones, i'm gonna let my autism go wild:

Digital Extremes: Excalibur from Warframe
Rockstar Games: CJ from Grand Theft Auto
VALVe: Scout from Team Fortress 2
SEGA: Dr. Eggman from the Sonic games, Beat from Jet Set Radio
Activision Blizzard: Diablo from Diablo, Tracer from Overwatch
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment: MOTHER****ING BATMAN FROM THE BATMAN ARKHAM SERIES, Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
Traveller's Tales: a LEGO character from the LEGO games
Crytek: Prophet from Crysis (AKA the dude in the nanosuit)
Capcom: Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney, Frank West from Dead Rising
Id Software: Doomguy from DOOM
SQUARE ENIX: Agent 47 from Hitman (AKA the Hitman guy), Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, Adam Jensen from Deus Ex

PopCap Games: Football Zombie from Plants VS Zombies
DICE: Faith from Mirror's Edge
Oddworld Inhabitants: Abe from Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Deep Silver: Mr. President from Saints Row IV
Devolver Digital: Sam "Serious" Stone from the Serious Sam games
Level-5: Professor Layton from Professor Layton series

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One question on Dr. Luigi

Original with cloth cap from Dr. Luigi or professional with mirror from Dr. Mario Miracle Cure?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Personally feel like if the unique newcomer count is low for smash in the base roster, Sakurai will make up for it via DLC. Its just such a common practice these days and since Smash 4's DLC was so successful, they could literally support it for years

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
With my boyfriend we've playing the Subspace Emissary again. I really want a new story mode like that one :(

I want a story like Subspace, but with the characters in the worlds from the franchises in Smash. It would be cool to see the characters in the Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule/The Great Plateau, etc. --rather than the lake, the zoo, etc.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The 'characters lining up' thing was Brawl's intro, not Melee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom