• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I like how the gangplank galleon youtube video is called 12.
They aren't naming the videos anymore.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
900+ playable pokemon and fire emblem characters in 2025's game of the year: super smash bros "beyond" ultimate
Smash Bros goes even FURTHER beyond. Super Saiyan Smash Brothers Ultimate Budokai Tenkaichi 3
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm currently listening to Fight Against an Armed Boss hoping it gets a ridiculous over the top Smash Ultimate remix that I know I'll love
Alright fine… music convinced me, I might play this game and see if i actually become a Geno supporter, lol. I'm curious anyway, never played that game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually don't see many people still calling the game a port. Didn't even see anyone calling it a port after the E3 footage.

Then again, haven't really seen people talking about the game outside of this site, YT videos (I'm not really counting specific articles detailing the game on other sites, especially if the sites in question don't allow comments on said articles). Is it really still that common of an occurrence?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I can't even handle FUN games that take that long, let along 200+ hours of slogging through bland environments...
Yeah, it was repetitive enough playing SE for 20 hours. I thought it was too long in Brawl. If they made another one, I hope it'd be shorter

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually don't see many people still calling the game a port. Didn't even see anyone calling it a port after the E3 footage.

Then again, haven't really seen people talking about the game outside of this site, YT videos (I'm not really counting specific articles detailing the game on other sites, especially if the sites in question don't allow comments on said articles). Is it really still that common of an occurrence?
I think I've seen a couple of people here and there try to claim it still looks like a port shortly after E3, but they shut up soon after.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Okay I have a dumb game, but pretend it's like a good luck charm for your picks to get into this game.

For every newcomer you want, you must put in at least 3 and at most 7 hot takes/unpopular opinions about them or the series that they come from. Like not really what you hate about them, but what you think about them that other people would disagree with mostly. It could be "I see X as A instead of as B because I think A is more interesting than B". It can also be "I think fans of X should do B instead of A" and "I like X but I think that A is a huge problem about it."

Deathborn:
1. I think that GX's more campy and goofy story fits the F-Zero universe a lot more than a more serious take. We already have two serious series about space hunters, so I think it's ok for the racing game to be a lot more playful
2. I do believe that Deathborn is a better rival for Falcon, not because of his prominence in the story, but because of his more interesting goals and how he fits more into the way I see F-Zero should be taken. Besides, I'd also say that Don Genie would be better than Black Shadow because he's a major player in a lot of things and I think that seeing a lone bounty hunter try to take on a fat cat mafiosa would be cooler to see.
3. While I do love GX and consider it the best, what it did to almost every female character was a mistake. Jody was made to be less cool looking and more softer, they literally redesigned Kate Alen to have only her vest and a orange thong on, Princess Ramode's story is literally she's a dumbass and her machine is designed to make sure she has no chance of dying in the race. Lily Flyer does have a really interesting story about how she's a child solider... but her design is really bad.
4. Goroh is popular, but I think him being an assist trophy is better for him. He's kind of a jobber villain and I think an assist trophy captures that very well
5. I'm not the biggest fan of the anime, because of how they treated the villains. They were given really free reign on how to write them, but the problem was that instead of trying to make the 3 biggest villains have an interesting connection and relationship with each other, they threw a twist that Black Shadow was all of them. It really defeats a lot of the purpose some villains had and there were more interesting avenues for them to explore.
6. The twist in the Anime where Zoda was Rick Wheeler's friend was super dumb. I'm just going to be blunt about that. It's... pretty bad
7. For all the love that Falcon gets, I think that people should be playing F-Zero more. It's honestly a great franchise and its great for people who complain about Mario Kart being broken because it gets to show you how actually bad you are.

Chibi Robo:
1. Chibi Robo should have never tried to stray from the original game. Especially nowadays, where dialogue heavy games like NITW and others are popular. I think if it had come out later, it would have gotten a lot more attention and love.
2. Chibi Robo is cuter than Kirby and I am not taking that statement back
3. I do think that Chibi Robo could've been something like Animal Crossing, but I'm honestly not sure why it didn't. I don't really like how Animal Crossing's progression works and I think that Chibi Robo's progression is a lot better for Casual players.

Mike Jones:
1. Mike Jones should have totally gotten in over Duck Hunt, actually... a lot of people should have gotten in over Duck Hunt imo
2. Startropics does need some more love because it actually has a lot of charm for a NES game.
3. Out of every dead NES franchise... I think Startropics is the one that deserves a revival out of all of them.
4. The lack of any Startropics music in Smash Bros is criminal and I would sue Sakurai for denying us of a remix if it were a thing

Eggman:
1. Mike Pollac is the best Eggman next to the AOSTH VA. They give a grandiose jerk sort of vibe to him that I love him for.
2. Eggman was always meant to be a more comedic villain and even though I do kind of like seeing him to more evil stuff, I think that a guy called "Eggman" wouldn't be super serious 100% of the time.
3. Sonic 3 honestly had some bad level design. A lot of gimmicks were poorly implemented and Ice Cap Zone Act 1 is my least favorite level.
4. A lot of people say that Classic Sonic's music is the worst in Forces, but it's honestly Modern Sonic's... the amount of Synth in those levels are illegal.
5. He's Eggman not Dr.Robotnik... Dr.Robotnik sounds dumber

Porky:
1. Mother 3 was kind of too much of a tonal shift for me. It works better as a seperate game instead of a sequel to Mother.
2. Mother 3 did however fix a lot of things that Earthbound didn't... and it honestly deserves a lot of praise for that alone...
3. I think that there's literally no existing thing of Mother 64 left and even if the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition were a thing... it wouldn't be one of those games, probably it would go for the Mario Artist games or the F-Zero X expansion or Doshin the Giant.

Geno:
1. Super Mario RPG is one of those games that's in a weird limbo spot in terms of popularity... I honestly think it's time for it to get out of that spot.
2. Super Mario RPG is one of the few Mario games to create new characters for it and honestly it shows that a new Mario Character for a game is anything but a horrible ideal.
3. Geno is one of the few popular characters I would love to see in...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was hoping for Xenoblade music, and I got music arranged by one of Xenoblade's composers.

Close enough.

Remix is great, so it's fine.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
My predictions:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Inceneroar

Impa
Dixie Kong
Isabelle
Shadow (unfortunately)

Runner ups:
Chorus Kids
Elma
Banjo (I wish)

Last edited:

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
Here's what I'm thinking we're looking at for the rest of the base game's roster.

68 - Gen 7 Pokemon (One of Incineroar/Tapu Koko/Necrozma/Rowlet)
69 - Skull Kid
70 - Isaac
71 - One of Rhythm Heaven Rep/Bandana Dee/Elma/Rayman
72 - Geno
73 - Banjo-Kazooie

16e - Impa
36e - Dixie Kong
38e - Shadow
45e - Isabelle
54e - Medusa
60e - Ken

All of these guys feel like they have legitimate arguments for being in, either due to the ballot, parts of the surviving leaks, or some combination of both. Even Banjo and Kazooie have things going for them if Verge's Minecraft stage leak holds true. I find it hard to whittle the list down further than this, aside from maybe clipping 71, but even then I feel like at least ONE of those four is going to make it. Maybe Banjo could get pushed back to be DLC instead, but I'm just feeling like they're too perfect to be this game's last reveal.
Agreed with this 100%. I think this will be the final roster (base game) and it would honestly be perfect.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Here's what I'm thinking we're looking at for the rest of the base game's roster.

68 - Gen 7 Pokemon (One of Incineroar/Tapu Koko/Necrozma/Rowlet)
69 - Skull Kid
70 - Isaac
71 - One of Rhythm Heaven Rep/Bandana Dee/Elma/Rayman
72 - Geno
73 - Banjo-Kazooie

16e - Impa
36e - Dixie Kong
38e - Shadow
45e - Isabelle
54e - Medusa
60e - Ken

All of these guys feel like they have legitimate arguments for being in, either due to the ballot, parts of the surviving leaks, or some combination of both. Even Banjo and Kazooie have things going for them if Verge's Minecraft stage leak holds true. I find it hard to whittle the list down further than this, aside from maybe clipping 71, but even then I feel like at least ONE of those four is going to make it. Maybe Banjo could get pushed back to be DLC instead, but I'm just feeling like they're too perfect to be this game's last reveal.
I'd also be down for that roster, despite none of my most desired getting in the base roster.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, did anything interesting happen while I was gone?
Scrungus was finally confirmed, meaning that Kulpo isn't far behind, if rumors are to be believed. Unfortunately, Beanie Jimbo was deconfirmed during Scrungus's reveal trailer, but he is at least an Assist Trophy AND a Stage Hazard.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Okay I have a dumb game, but pretend it's like a good luck charm for your picks to get into this game.

For every newcomer you want, you must put in at least 3 and at most 7 hot takes/unpopular opinions about them or the series that they come from

Deathborn:
1. I think that GX's more campy and goofy story fits the F-Zero universe a lot more than a more serious take. We already have two serious series about space hunters, so I think it's ok for the racing game to be a lot more playful
2. I do believe that Deathborn is a better rival for Falcon, not because of his prominence in the story, but because of his more interesting goals and how he fits more into the way I see F-Zero should be taken. Besides, I'd also say that Don Genie would be better than Black Shadow because he's a major player in a lot of things and I think that seeing a lone bounty hunter try to take on a fat cat mafiosa would be cooler to see.
3. While I do love GX and consider it the best, what it did to almost every female character was a mistake. Jody was made to be less cool looking and more softer, they literally redesigned Kate Alen to have only her vest and a orange thong on, Princess Ramode's story is literally she's a ******* and her machine is designed to make sure she has no chance of dying in the race. Lily Flyer does have a really interesting story about how she's a child solider... but her design is really bad.
4. Goroh is popular, but I think him being an assist trophy is better for him. He's kind of a jobber villain and I think an assist trophy captures that very well
5. I'm not the biggest fan of the anime, because of how they treated the villains. They were given really free reign on how to write them, but the problem was that instead of trying to make the 3 biggest villains have an interesting connection and relationship with each other, they threw a twist that Black Shadow was all of them. It really defeats a lot of the purpose some villains had and there were more interesting avenues for them to explore.
6. The twist in the Anime where Zoda was Rick Wheeler's friend was super dumb. I'm just going to be blunt about that. It's... pretty bad
7. For all the love that Falcon gets, I think that people should be playing F-Zero more. It's honestly a great franchise and its great for people who complain about Mario Kart being broken because it gets to show you how actually bad you are.

Chibi Robo:
1. Chibi Robo should have never tried to stray from the original game. Especially nowadays, where dialogue heavy games like NITW and others are popular. I think if it had come out later, it would have gotten a lot more attention and love.
3. I do think that Chibi Robo could've been something like Animal Crossing, but I'm honestly not sure why it didn't. I don't really like how Animal Crossing's progression works and I think that Chibi Robo's progression is a lot better for Casual players.

Mike Jones:
1. Mike Jones should have totally gotten in over Duck Hunt, actually... a lot of people should have gotten in over Duck Hunt imo
2. Startropics does need some more love because it actually has a lot of charm for a NES game.
3. Out of every dead NES franchise... I think Startropics is the one that deserves a revival out of all of them.
4. The lack of any Startropics music in Smash Bros is criminal and I would sue Sakurai for denying us of a remix if it were a thing

Eggman:
1. Mike Pollac is the best Eggman next to the AOSTH VA. They give a grandiose jerk sort of vibe to him that I love him for.
2. Eggman was always meant to be a more comedic villain and even though I do kind of like seeing him to more evil stuff, I think that a guy called "Eggman" wouldn't be super serious 100% of the time.
3. Sonic 3 honestly had some bad level design. A lot of gimmicks were poorly implemented and Ice Cap Zone Act 1 is my least favorite level.
4. A lot of people say that Classic Sonic's music is the worst in Forces, but it's honestly Modern Sonic's... the amount of Synth in those levels are illegal.

Porky:
1. Mother 3 was kind of too much of a tonal shift for me. It works better as a seperate game instead of a sequel to Mother.
2. Mother 3 did however fix a lot of things that Earthbound didn't... and it honestly deserves a lot of praise for that alone...
3. I think that there's literally no existing thing of Mother 64 left and even if the Nintendo 64 Classic Edition were a thing... it wouldn't be one of those games, probably it would go for the Mario Artist games or the F-Zero X expansion or Doshin the Giant.

Geno:
1. Super Mario RPG is one of those games that's in a weird limbo spot in terms of popularity... I honestly think it's time for it to get out of that spot.
2. Super Mario RPG is one of the few Mario games to create new characters for it and honestly it shows that a new Mario Character for a game is anything but a horrible ideal.
So basically you pick the characters you want and then 3 to 7 things that people don't like about them or the series they're from?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Scrungus was finally confirmed, meaning that Kulpo isn't far behind, if rumors are to be believed. Unfortunately, Beanie Jimbo was deconfirmed during Scrungus's reveal trailer, but he is at least an Assist Trophy AND a Stage Hazard.
Umm . . .

So . . .

Anything interesting happen?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For every newcomer you want, you must put in at least 3 and at most 7 hot takes/unpopular opinions about them or the series that they come from

Deathborn:
3. While I do love GX and consider it the best, what it did to almost every female character was a mistake. Jody was made to be less cool looking and more softer, they literally redesigned Kate Alen to have only her vest and a orange thong on, Princess Ramode's story is literally she's a ******* and her machine is designed to make sure she has no chance of dying in the race. Lily Flyer does have a really interesting story about how she's a child solider... but her design is really bad.

Chibi Robo:

Mike Jones:

Eggman:

Porky:

Geno:
cracks knuckles

Elma:
- While I loved Xenoblade X’s world and combat system, the story could have been better. There was a lot of cut content that if it remained it may have actually fleshed out the story more. Maybe we’ll see that in an X port.
- Endgame grinding for the superbosses gets tedious. I hope the port improves that
- I HATE the squad mission battle theme. It’s so...repetitive and bland.
- ULTRA NUCLEAR TAKE: the NLA theme isn’t THAT bad. And yes, I mean both versions.

Bandana Dee:
- ...haha just kidding can you even imagine Kirby is perfect

Isaac:
- I wish Dark Dawn had a bit more time in development to improve itself.

*edit* 3000th post yeeeeeet

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Scrungus the dog? I can't wait! But I'm curious who the other two are

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Deathborn:

Chibi Robo:

Mike Jones:

Eggman:

Porky:

Geno:
Boshi
- He's not relevant and SMRPG is the only game he's in to date
- He's not even a consideration until Geno gets in
- People are reluctant on wanting a new Yoshi rep (which is a point of view I can never comprehend)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Like 3 to 7 opinions about the character or the series that are contradictory to what most people believe or accept.
Oh, I misread that.

Boshi
- Since he's Yoshi's mirror, he inadvertently got development through Yoshi and therefore he can be changed with little effort.
- Boshi is probably the 3rd most popular original character in SMRPG. It's not out of the question for consideration.
- Yoshi deserves more love than he's gotten. I'm not gonna let "herpy derp. Yoshi iz da Mario chercter" get in the way.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Like 3 to 7 opinions about the character or the series that are contradictory to what most people believe or accept.
Okay, I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do this right, but I'll try.

Isabelle
-Most people think she's too cute and innocent to be in the game
-They think Animal Crossing is too casual to get more representation in a more hardcore game like Smash
-They think Villager does everything that's needed to represent Animal Crossing.

Did I do it right? I'm still not sure if I did. Maybe I just explained what people think about Isabelle and not what they don't think? I don't know. I'm having trouble understanding this game. lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Holy crud Gangplank Galleon sounds good. I never supported King. K but if I knew it would get us this song he'd be top 5 in my most wanted in a heartbeat.

Sorry ya'll. I've been gone doing college ****. This first week has been much busier than I expected, but I should have more time for speculation come next week. Did I miss anything significant?
Oh, nothing (assuming you've seen the direct). Only strange thing is that a leak has us seriously discussing Gothitelle in Smash.Also, another strange thing is that it's been almost a week since the direct and the fans are still Satisfied

Deathborn:

Chibi Robo:

Mike Jones:

Eggman:

Porky:

Geno:
Marx

1. He doesn't deserve to get in before Dee, and it disgusts me seeing people say so.
2. Another bit of Super Star Stuff may not be wise. Sakuraibias.
3. He's not very relevant. Sure he had Star Allies but so did every other Dream Friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom