• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you believe this Whisslbank guy? Or do you think he's making a fake wish list? Does anyone believe this guy is legit?
Honestly, no. Him deleting his account still doesn't add up, so it could be an impostor. I'll remain skeptical for now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
On the topic earlier of models potentially being touched up, we got evidence already that animations are being touched up (in line with that comment from JC that the game has changed a lot since the E3 demo with even animations being changed). If you look at Dedede's showcase video on the website, his crouch still has the same facial expression he had in Smash 4:

View attachment 157511

However in the recent direct Dedede now has a new smug look on his face while crouching:

I'm seriously wondering how Sakurai was able to make something that was already perfect into something even more perfect.

It's like seeing Perfect Cell going into Super Perfect Cell, you can't believe it, but it actually did happen.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess Corrin is the only canonically Bisexual character out of all the characters in Smash.

...Well, I mean if you believe the shippers there's Ike and Snake too, but I don't.
Only Ike and Snake?
Obviously you don't know shippers well enough.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I guess Corrin is the only canonically Bisexual character out of all the characters in Smash.

...Well, I mean if you believe the shippers there's Ike and Snake too, but I don't.
Isn't Ike and Soren like...a thing? like it's not a thing but it's definitely a thing y'know?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean there's multiple references to both Snake and Big Boss being bisexual in Metal Gear. That's canonical.

And I mean Ike and Soren are REALLY close. But then again Priam exists so he has a biological child at least. But this is getting off topic. Let's get back to Smash Ultimate please.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think it would be cool if Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze all ended up in the game but doubt that's gonna happen
If we got 3 Sonic characters it's no doubt Sonic, Shadow, and Tails. As it is, it's Sonic, and either Shadow or Tails as an echo (I do think Shadow's more likely, but I think there's room now after Chrom for Tails to be it instead)

With more 3rd party content then I could ever imagine happening though. I could actually see Shadow be an echo, but then Tails among the DLC fighters. Though as someone who wants Tails much more, I'd take him being an echo if it meant getting him in the game sooner. (Give him Peach's float to apply his flying animation to and that can be plenty good enough)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Only Ike and Snake?
Obviously you don't know shippers well enough.
Oh, no. I do. Ike and Snake are just the most well known Male ones.

If I the shippers had their way, every single one of the female characters in Smash would be Bi.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Honestly I know they’re new but Chrom and Richter would be an amazing couple like mm 10/10

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
If we’re seriously looking for genders and sexual orientation, look no further

5E1C38F0-1F23-43E4-A0A7-DC0E5EF0082C.jpeg

Last edited:
You say this, but you're forgetting that during Smash 4's lead up, he started with Villager and Megaman, and ended with Shulk (with Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt coming after release).

Yes, Ridley and K. Rool are the big heavyweight hitters in terms of hype, but Sakurai has never saved the best for last.
......I know he hasn't saved the best for last before, but I just feel that it would be a wiser idea to be more.... conservative considering the fact thatthis game revolves more heavily around fanservice than the previous games did.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
While unlikely, I’d like to bring up a potential Snake echo. Since we’re on the topic of female newcomers, I’d love to have The Boss as a Snake echo. She’s such a badass, at the center of the MGS story and offers the most out of potential snake echoes. It makes sense she would play the same as Snake, as she is the creator of CQC.
View attachment 157500
View attachment 157501

While most people suggest Big Boss as a Snake echo, I feel he isn’t very distinguishable from normal snake in game both in visual design and personality. Raiden would make sense, but he would have to have his MGS2 design to work, which isn’t his most popular form. Liquid does make sense considering he’s Snake’s clone brother, but part of me hopes Liquid piloting Metal Gear REX can be a boss in that unconfirmed mode.
Damn you now I really want this, her being an echo never crossed my mind for some reason..

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
As much as i'd love t see Croft in smash

I just can't fully accept her if her dual handguns aren't included in her moveset.

Unless they pull a good snake on us

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To humor the leak for a moment, I imagine if Black Knight got in as an Ike echo, his recovery would be replaced with the Warp Powder.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we got 3 Sonic characters it's no doubt Sonic, Shadow, and Tails. As it is, it's Sonic, and either Shadow or Tails as an echo (I do think Shadow's more likely, but I think there's room now after Chrom for Tails to be it instead)

With more 3rd party content then I could ever imagine happening though. I could actually see Shadow be an echo, but then Tails among the DLC fighters. Though as someone who wants Tails much more, I'd take him being an echo if it meant getting him in the game sooner. (Give him Peach's float to apply his flying animation to and that can be plenty good enough)
I legitimately think others like Dr. Eggman/Robotnik and Blaze can get their chance in a future installment. In the meantime, Tails must be here. Simon got his immediate successor, so who's to say Sonic can't get his Number 2?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just for the record, since no one has brought it up...

The "One will live, one will die" one is 100% referring to the Black Knight. That's one of his critical hit quotes in Heroes, and the rest matches his fated battle against Ike, the "young man" in this riddle.
Ok, even if an Ike Echo, that'd be a cool character choice. Even if it's the 8th Fire Emblem Sword Guy at least it covers the near impenetrable armor (in this cast it needs a darn kryptonite sword to breach) sub-class and one of the best Fire Emblem villains.

Doesn't mean I believe it any.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I honestly don't think Simon will be the only one third-party newcomer we'll be getting in Ultimate, i expect at least one or two more, maybe as DLC, and i goddamn hope this doesn't leak this time.
Now that I have Simon Belmont, there's only one third-party character left that I really want so bad... and that's Banjo-Kazooie.

There are many other third-party characters I want but I prioritized my support to Simon Belmont and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash 5 (Ultimate).

I think that if I get Banjo-Kazooie, I don't know, I guess I will focus my third-party support to Dragon Quest and SNK fighting games (Terry Bogard) for the next Smash game or for Smash Ultimate DLC.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So if Spirits is a Single Player mode... why is there an icon on it on the Dashboard? Is it just for quick access? Or is it something else??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok, even if an Ike Echo, that'd be a cool character choice. Even if it's the 8th Fire Emblem Sword Guy at least it covers the near impenetrable armor (in this cast it needs a darn kryptonite sword to breach) sub-class and one of the best Fire Emblem villains.

Doesn't mean I believe it any.
Plus it'd make sense considering how hard IS pushes Black Knight in Heroes. Plus, Mii Costume.

I still don't believe this leak due to the account being sketchy, but Black Knight would honestly be a pretty great choice, even speaking as someone who would prefer Hardin as a Fire Emblem villain. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The King K Rool costume reveal was the first time I think I was legitimately crushed over a videogame and I had a hard time processing it.

So I understand.
Thanks.

At least now we can take solace in the fact the Kostume was a stepping stone to what we have today. Sucked at the time though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So if Spirits is a Single Player mode... why is there an icon on it on the Dashboard? Is it just for quick access? Or is it something else??
Smash Tour also had its own icon, correct?

Game's biggest mode having its own thing makes sense.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, is there a leak involving the Black Knight? Or I am missing something?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's likely how a lot of characters get unlocked. So it'll be a mode all players use frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom