• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Has anyone considered Magearna for the Gen VII rep? iirc it was the first Pokemon of that generation to be revealed and was featured in a movie. Seemed like TPC was trying to push it as the :ultlucario: of Gen VII around the time the roster was decided.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Just wanna take a sec to note that people are definitely acting like Verg is completely trustworthy, getting sad about their Pokemon not getting in and acting like Incineroar is now confirmed.

So yeah multiple people who said no one takes Verg's word as fact, they do.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright now I want Vergeben to be wrong.

A 180 I’m going to admit wholeheartedly. I just don’t like Incineroar that much, but at the same time it does make sense since he was also strongly pushed. (But then again, we don’t even know if it’s Incineroar).

No offense to Incineroar fans but I will take Buzzwhole over that him any day.

But this could also be one of those moments where Verge might be wrong, it’s already sort of shady as is.

DON’T GIVE UP HOPE PEOPLE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ME!

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh boy, I can't wait for Minior to be added to Smash!

(It's my favorite Gen VII Pokemon, I'D BE ELATED)
*sigh* I need to remember my own motto...
It's "all leaks are bull**** until proven otherwise" right?

?????????????

Smash Master
Hm......

I get wanting something else you liked more, but I didn't realize there was so much anti-Incineroar. I thought it was a pretty damn cool Pokemon.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
VERGE, IF YOU ARE TAKING ME FOR A RIDE HERE, I SWEAR TO ALL RELIGIONS' DEITIES THAT I'M GONNA BE
View attachment 155592

-clears throat-
Golden's Final Smash

The Golden Gun :troll:

I don't think that we'll be getting any Pokemon newcomers this time around.
You realize we have two sessions right? We got base roster and DLC. If a new Pokemon isn't on the base roster, chances are it's gonna show on the DLC

And we've yet to not get a Pokemon newcomer in a game. I mean..

64: Pikachu and Jigglypuff
Melee; Mewtwo and Pichu
Brawl: Pokemon Trainer and Lucario
Wii U/3DS Greninja and solo-Charizard

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just wanna take a sec to note that people are definitely acting like Verg is completely trustworthy, getting sad about their Pokemon not getting in and acting like Incineroar is now confirmed.

There's the 99.99% feeling of knowing something's fake.
But then there's the 0.01% feeling that overshadows your entire confidence because the smallest possibility of it being real and it not being proven otherwise shows more than what you actually believe in.

at least thats what i think

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Has anyone considered Magearna for the Gen VII rep? iirc it was the first Pokemon of that generation to be revealed and was featured in a movie. Seemed like TPC was trying to push it as the :ultlucario: of Gen VII around the time the roster was decided.
Literally never considered it but now I kinda want it, magearna is a super cool poke

D

Deleted member

Tapu Koko would not be a bad choice...
In honor of our new Pokemon character in Smash.

Why is everyone mentioning Verg making me triggered?
SMALL.gif

Like Verg is probably only playing this game with everyone to give himself sanctification.
Verg's evil leak just made this thread turn into No Man's Land.

Last edited by a moderator:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Then that means-

No.
It is HIS turn.

AWAKEN MY ULTRA BEASTS

Sakurai is known to be a pretty big Jojo fan.... Maybe he saw Buzzwole's concept art and was like "yes I want the jojo bug in smash"

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
The issue with a Tapu getting in, or Nihilego, is that they float and don’t touch the ground, which would be problematic for down tilts in the game. Some characters float when moving, but none when standing still.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

I think people are just desperate for information and they're latching onto anything they can.
People are putting way too much faith into this dude.
If he had insider info, he would be leaking a lot more. He'd have more proof. The guy got lucky and is getting a kick out of jerking people around with his "leaks".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The issue with a Tapu getting in, or Nihilego, is that they float and don’t touch the ground, which would be problematic for down tilts in the game. Some characters float when moving, but none when standing still.
Doesn't Rosalina always float but is conveniently so low her feet just barely avoid the ground?

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
edit: I was dumb on the Pokemon because I didn't bother to read the thread.
I feel some of us have serious doubts over DasVergeben's "leaks" and considering this pattern (especially the Decidueye one coming out close to the last Isabelle tease for no reason and him claiming multiple sources), so I made a couple of outcomes regarding Verge's validity.

I made three list that each have ten newcomers total along with two echo fighters (Daisy and one other echo). Characters that are slashed are ordered in decreasing chance (ex. Isabelle / Mimikyu / Captain Toad would have Isabelle be the most likely choice). Also characters that are in duplicate spots are an "either or" situation. This allows them to coexist with characters they are slashed with in some cases (ex. King K Rool and Dixie Kong). Let me know how you feel about it. Note this is for the base roster, not DLC!!!
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Mimikyu / Decidueye / Other pokemon rep
4. [3rd party newcomer; most likely from a company affiliated with Smash already]
5. [Xenoblade newcomer]
6. Rhythm Heaven rep / Ashley
7. Dixie Kong / King K Rool
8. King K Rool / Bandanna Dee / Paper Mario
9. Geno / Excite Bike / other obscure or retro rep
10. Captain Toad / Bandanna Dee / BotW champion / FE SoV rep
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Mimikyu / Decidueye / other pokemon
4. Simon Belmont / other 3rd party [most likely affiliated with smash already]
5. Xenoblade newcomer
6. Rhythm Heaven rep / Isabelle / Ashley
9. Geno / Ashley / [Excite Bike / other retro rep] / other 3rd party
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom / Isabelle
Note on this outcome: [Likely but not guaranteed; I feel people like this one the most]

This is pretty much speculation without the Vergeben leak even happening. I have serious doubts over Isabelle being an echo and I only would consider her if Verge is absolutely correct (even then I still think Isabelle will be a unique character or semi-clone.
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Gengar / Incineroar / Other Pokemon [what the **** Verge]
4. Simon Belmont
5. Isabelle / [Ashley / Rhythm Heaven rep]
6. Xenoblade newcomer
9. [Ashley / Rhythm Heaven rep] / [Geno / Excite Bike / other obscure rep] / other third party
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Isabelle / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom
Note on this outcome: [I feel it is more likely than people want it to be. This would disappoint a lot of people which is why many want to doubt Verge. Tread carefully~]

With this list I feel the #10 characters are more likely and #8 and #9 characters are less likely. This is because I feel these characters would indicate Sakurai leaning towards relevance and popularity over more obscure or niche choices.

I bracketed Ashley + RH and Geno + retro into one spot simply because I feel there will be more fierce "competition" especially if Isabelle is the #5 spot and the #10 spot has multiple characters revealed. I feel only two to three characters between #8 and 9 will be playable if this is true.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If it's Incineroar then I'm going to be a very happy man come its reveal. It's legitimately one of my favorite Pokemon and I've been wanting a wrestler archetype in Smash for a long time now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Golden's Final Smash

The Golden Gun :troll:

You realize we have two sessions right? We got base roster and DLC. If a new Pokemon isn't on the base roster, chances are it's gonna show on the DLC

And we've yet to not get a Pokemon newcomer in a game. I mean..

64: Pikachu and Jigglypuff
Melee; Mewtwo and Pichu
Brawl: Pokemon Trainer and Lucario
Wii U/3DS Greninja and solo-Charizard
Well, we aren't getting a lot of newcomers, and it looks like the more highly requested characters will get priority. I can see us not getting a new Pokemon.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
to be fair bowser jr does that as well

D

Deleted member

Before I go crazy, I better go to sleep.
Everyone doubting each other's Pokemon wants in this thread is sickening me.
Let the people in here get creative and dream.

Do not be the guy who runs the fun for all.

Love, Shiny. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess Incineroar is fine in a vacuum, but with the history of bipedal humanoid-ish fighting-oriented fire starters, and the big squandered opportunity to do something more novel with a fire tiger, I've only ever been vastly underwhelmed by the Pokemon.

So I wouldn't be happy with its presence in Smash.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Update to Verge if it hasn't been said.

He claims it's also "not Mimkyu or Lycanroc either."
Aaaaaaand, I am now happily in the camp rooting against him at every turn.

Cant wait for Simon to not be revealed! Right guys!

.....right?:lol:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I bet Ash's Torracat evolves sometime before December 7.

Now That's What I Call Marketing Synergy

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ugh while there are VERY little Gen VII pokemons i dont actually want, and incineroar isnt a bad dude( correction, he is a very BAD dude) Incineroar seems a little in the vanilla side of things.. i would love something more exotic. (although... It really feels like verg is entering the "I make stuff" part of his leaks)

Buzzwhole fits the exotic criteria at least, as tapu koko...

There is also the chance that the reason he is leaking it like that is because no new pokemon rep :/

*Just remembered that primarina is as popular in japan as incineroar*

know what? screw all predictions! im pushing for mah boi, Gollisopod!

And Synthetic Arceus, Sylvally!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel some of us have serious doubts over DasVergeben's "leaks" and considering this pattern (especially the Decidueye one coming out close to the last Isabelle tease for no reason and him claiming multiple sources), so I made a couple of outcomes regarding Verge's validity.

I made three list that each have ten newcomers total along with two echo fighters (Daisy and one other echo). Characters that are slashed are ordered in decreasing chance (ex. Isabelle / Mimikyu / Captain Toad would have Isabelle be the most likely choice). Also characters that are in duplicate spots are an "either or" situation. This allows them to coexist with characters they are slashed with in some cases (ex. King K Rool and Dixie Kong). Let me know how you feel about it. Note this is for the base roster, not DLC!!!
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye (Verge is arguing Decidueye is not playable)
4. [3rd party newcomer; most likely from a company affiliated with Smash already]
5. [Xenoblade newcomer]
6. Rhythm Heaven rep / Ashley / 2nd pokemon rep
9. Geno / Excite Bike / other obscure or retro rep
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Mimikyu / Decidueye / other pokemon
4. Simon Belmont / other 3rd party [most likely affiliated with smash already]
5. Xenoblade newcomer
6. Rhythm Heaven rep / Isabelle / Ashley
9. Geno / Ashley / [Excite Bike / other retro rep] / other 3rd party
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom / Isabelle
Note on this outcome: [Likely but not guaranteed; I feel people like this one the most]

This is pretty much speculation without the Vergeben leak even happening. I have serious doubts over Isabelle being an echo and I only would consider her if Verge is absolutely correct (even then I still think Isabelle will be a unique character or semi-clone.
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Mimikyu / other pokemon
4. Simon Belmont
5. Isabelle / [Ashley / Rhythm Heaven rep]
6. Xenoblade newcomer
9. [Ashley / Rhythm Heaven rep] / [Geno / Excite Bike / other obscure rep] / other third party
e1. Daisy
e2. Dark Samus / Isabelle / Curveball echo / Shadow / Chrom
Note on this outcome: [I feel it is more likely than people want it to be. This would disappoint a lot of people which is why many want to doubt Verge. Tread carefully~]

I feel if Isabelle is not an echo and Decidueye is not playable, then #10 characters are more likely and #8 and #9 characters are less likely. This is because I feel these characters would indicate Sakurai leaning towards relevance and popularity over more obscure or niche choices.

I bracketed Ashley + RH and Geno + retro into one spot simply because I feel there will be more fierce "competition" especially if Isabelle is the #5 spot and the #10 spot has multiple characters revealed. I feel only two to three characters between #8 and 9 will be playable if this is true.
>Mimikyu in the "Vergeben is Correct" outcome
>says it wont be mimkyu
bro i think you need to work a little bit on that

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy. Vegetable man. I love questionable leakers with terrible egos.

I haven't played much of Sun/Moon, so I don't have that much of an opinion on which Mon gets in from those games.

But, gah. Can he get over himself just a tad? Being cryptic just makes him sound like an ass.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Nihilego has enough tentacles that they can be close enough to the ground that they touch. Kind of like Jr's Clown Car.

Koko is a bit different due to levitation, but it could still be close enough to the ground that it can perform down tilts. It would still be able to as well even if it was further from the ground, as down tilts are just downward angled attacks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser Jr also stands on his propeller when standing. View attachment 155603
Mewtwo is literally floating and so is Rosalina. It really doesn't "stand" anyway. They can float/fly just fine as long as their physical body is still on the ground like the rest of the cast. The issue isn't them flying at all, it's whether they can land and properly use moves. So it can't be like Master Hand at all. And that's not an issue even for Tapu Koko. Not that I'm interested in it being in, but what stops it from floating a bit above the ground and being considered "standing" within the game files?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If it's Incineroar then I'm going to be a very happy man come its reveal. It's legitimately one of my favorite Pokemon and I've been wanting a wrestler archetype in Smash for a long time now.
It's long overdue. Him and Hawlucha are good picks for the wrestling archetype for Smash

Well, we aren't getting a lot of newcomers, and it looks like the more highly requested characters will get priority. I can see us not getting a new Pokemon.
Just because we aren't getting a lot of newcomers doesn't mean it's not gonna be likely. Like I said, DLC still gives us the possibility and I don't think Sakurai is going to let Pokemon slide knowing how well the Pokemon Company are pushing for another Pokemon to join Smash

It's happening fam.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's long overdue. Him and Hawlucha are good picks for the wrestling archetype for Smash

Just because we aren't getting a lot of newcomers doesn't mean it's not gonna be likely. Like I said, DLC still gives us the possibility and I don't think Sakurai is going to let Pokemon slide knowing how well the Pokemon Company are pushing for another Pokemon to join Smash
Another thing about Pokemon: We're getting three cut veterans back from that series.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
THANK YOU VERGE! I'm so glad we might be getting a much more interesting Pokemon character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
THANK YOU VERGE! I'm so glad we might be getting a much more interesting Pokemon character.
1. verg isnt here
2. im surprised people in this thread actually believe him. no offense, just legitimately surprised.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is literally floating and so is Rosalina. It really doesn't "stand" anyway. They can float/fly just fine as long as their physical body is still on the ground like the rest of the cast. The issue isn't them flying at all, it's whether they can land and properly use moves. So it can't be like Master Hand at all. And that's not an issue even for Tapu Koko. Not that I'm interested in it being in, but what stops it from floating a bit above the ground and being considered "standing" within the game files?
Mewtwo also stands when not moving.

I guess my perspective is that a Tapu would look rather odd if it were floating that close to the ground so it wasn’t immune to down tilts. I will concede it could be a solution though :D

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't think that a Pokemon character is getting in unless one did very well on the ballot.
Pokemon Company is going to push for one whether you like it or not. I'll be surprised if we don't get a new Pokemon

1. verg isnt here
2. im surprised people in this thread actually believe him. no offense, just legitimately surprised.
I'm trying to remain neutral on the whole thing right now because Verge don't have solid evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom