• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
So here's a question for you guys. What would you consider as the "minimum" number for acceptable newcomers? I ask because I know there's a lot of people who still consider this a port, or too much of a SM4SH remake of sorts. And I have a weird thought that we might not honestly get too many more.
We already have :ultridley::ultinkling::ultdaisy:. I have this strange sense that we might only get four or five more. For me at least, I'd like at least two more new genuine newcomers and at least two-to-three more echoes for 8 new characters. What are your guys thoughts?

Last edited:

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
So here's a question for you guys. What would you consider as the "minimum" number for acceptable newcomers? I ask because I know there's a lot of people who still consider this a port, or too much of a SM4SH remake of sorts. And I have a weird thought that we might not honestly get too many more.
We already have :ultridley::ultinkling::ultdaisy:. I have this strange sense that we might only get four or five more. For me at least, I'd like at least two more new genuine newcomers and at least two-to-three more echoes for 8 new characters. What are your guys thoughts?
Five more totally new characters

I would be disappointed if we don't get at least another five newcomers. Seven characters + 3 echoes (so 10 characters) is a good number

D

Deleted member

So if everyone series had one new representative who would you choose and why? (obviously some couldn't have a new representative but the ones that can)
Hmmm...

Mario Waluigi plz no assist trophy

Yoshi Yarn Yoshi i gess?? not a ton of great options

WarioWare Ashley da little witch

Donkey Kong game's king r rool that not how you spell it but close enough

Zelda toon zelda

Metroid Dark samus

Earthbound never played this game so i don't know

G&W none

Ice climbers idk the polar bear lol

Star fox the frog guy DEFINITELY

F-zero black shadow

Robot game's the old guy that collects bombs

Fire emblem Crome

Icarus the goddess of nature

Final fantasy Lightning

Bayonetta games Balder

Sonic Metal sonic

Mega man never played his games

Pokemon Oshowott

Kirby dark Meta knight

Punch out glass jo yesss

Duck hunt none

Pacman the Ghosts

Wii fit none

Street fighter tie between everyone fighter

Xenoblade Chronicles have not played

Splatoon none

I think thats all if its not tell me and i will edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In my ideal vision for the base roster it’d be one more echo (Chrom), one SEMI-echo (Dixie, she’d still have her ponytail functions and a fair share of original attacks), and three to four original newcomers (Bandana Dee, Elma, Simon, and possibly Chorus Kids).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we got 3 more new characters and 2 more echoes. I feel like 8-10 new characters at max akes the most sense.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Guys, I made a "Tier-List", while I can't use an image of it, I'll make it using Icons.

S Tier: :ultbayonetta::ultmetaknight::ultcloud::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultdiddy::ultsheik::ultfalco:
A+ Tier: :ultolimar::ultpikachu::ultrosalina::ultzss::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultmario:
A Tier: :ultkirby::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultryu::ultpeach::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ultlucina:
B Tier: :ultwario::ultlucario::ultkingdedede::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultsamus::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultdoc:
C Tier: :ultgnw::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultpit::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultness::ultlucas:
D Tier: :ultganondorf::ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultdarkpit::ultyounglink::ultike::ultshulk::ultrobin:ultpokemontrainer:
E Tier: :ultroy::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultzelda::ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer:

This tier list is built by taking each character's tier placement (i.e. #1, #2, etc) as a percentage relative to the cast of each game, then taking their best overall percentage placement, and ordering them using this value.
I only used Smash 64, Melee, Brawl and 4 to make the list (so no PM or Ultimate).
What would they have to do to make Dark Pit a whole tier lower than Pit!? XD
Yes, when you go by the method I was using, S4 Bayonetta is better than Brawl MK and Melee Fox.
S = Smash 64; M = Melee; B = Brawl; 4 = Smash 4
:ultbayonetta:4; :ultmetaknight:B; :ultcloud:4; :ultfox:M; :ulticeclimbers:B; :ultdiddy:4; :ultsheik:4; :ultfalco:M;
:ultolimar:B; :ultpikachu:S; :ultrosalina:4; :ultzss:4; :ultmarth:M; :ultsonic:4; :ultsnake:B; :ultmario:4;
:ultkirby:S; :ultmewtwo:4; :ultjigglypuff:M; :ultryu:4; :ultpeach:M; :ultcorrin:4; :ultfalcon:S; :ultlucina:4;
:ultwario:B; :ultlucario:B; :ultkingdedede:B; :ulttoonlink:B; :ultwolf:B; :ultsamus:M; :ultdk:4; :ultyoshi:S; :ultdoc:M;
:ultgnw:B; :ultbowser:4; :ultvillager:4; :ultpit:B; :ultgreninja:4; :ultrob:B; :ultmegaman:4; :ultness:4; :ultlucas:4;
:ultganondorf:M; :ultduckhunt:4; :ultlink:4; :ultdarkpit:4; :ultyounglink:M; :ultike:B; :ultshulk:4; :ultrobin4; :ultpokemontrainer:B;
:ultroy:M; :ultlittlemac:4; :ultpalutena:4; :ultpacman:4; :ultzelda:M; :ultbowserjr:4; :ultpichu:M; :ultwiifittrainer:4

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So if everyone series had one new representative who would you choose and why? (obviously some couldn't have a new representative but the ones that can)
Mario: This one is kinda tricky since most of the best ones are here. I guess Waluigi would suffice due to him being the next best thing.

DK: King K. Rool. With Ridley making it, DK needs another rep, especially it's villain rep. Though Funky Kong is meme to the point where he'd make sense.

Zelda: Ghirahim. One of the best Zelda villains and he seems like he'd fit right in. If not him, then Midna and Urbosa, moreso Midna.

Metroid: I'm honestly ok with Metroid as it is due to Ridley finally making it, so it's fine. Though Dark Samus seems likely.

Yoshi: Yoshi is heavily associated with Mario so finding a rep is very difficult.

Kirby: Honestly, Kirby is fine for me right now. Though if I had to add a new one, it's Bandana Dee.

Star Fox: Wolf coming back filled the empty feeling Star Fox had in 4. I'd say Krystal would be cool but I don't think she's popular enough.

Pokemon: Likely Decidueye due to his really cool design. However Pokemon has 9 fighters....so it's kind of a slippery slope.

F-Zero: Black Shadow, but that's if Nintendo is interested in bringing that series back...(please do so Nintendo, it's one of your Top 5 franchises).

Earthbound: Good luck getting other reps besides the current ones...

Punch Out: Little Mac does a good job representing Punch Out.

Xenoblade: I'd Elma due to her having a cooler design then Rex, but I think Rex has a better chance due to XB2.

Animal Crossing: Not a fan of this series so I can't really comment here.

Retro Franchise: I'd love to see Mach Rider in this game. Plus, seeing him and Falcon in the same game would complete an awesome fantasy.

Konami: Simon, for obvious reasons.

SEGA: Shadow. He's appearing more frequently in games again and was the only playable character outside of Sonic and the Avatar in Forces.

Capcom: Mega Man and Ryu are their biggest mascots. This is more then enough.

Square Enix: I think Cloud does a good job by himself, but Geno would be cool and representing the SNES era.

Namco: Pac Man does a good job repping Namco, however a Tekken fighter (in particular Heihachi) would be cool despite the unlikeliness.

Platinum Games: Bayonetta is their key gal and franchise, she's good.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I hope no more than 1-2 echoes, and then about 5 more non-echoes. It'd be fun to get to #70.

Watch Sakurai pull out some ridiculousness and give us like 15 unique newcomers though and blow our minds...

I just think that we don't need another retro just because they're retro. People have this idea that we have to have a retro since we always have gotten a NES era character. But there are loads of NES era characters in Smash currently, to the point that it's hands-down the most represented console era, and more importantly fanrules are not actual quotas Sakurai lives by. This may be the Smash game where we don't get a retro or a Pokémon - I don't know.

The most common name thrown around is Excitebike, but he was denied in Melee since it'd be hard to keep him permanently mounted. Maybe he's reconsidered, or maybe a stage or keeping the assist would be a better representation of the series. Or maybe Sakurai would prefer to have more recognizable characters - the NES era was now almost 30 years ago, so many new fans don't have that same connection that they did for Melee 17 years ago. Also, a lot of the other names for 'retro' were mediocre games at best, or didn't get exported to a certain region, which was the reason Takamaru was excluded form Sm4sh (and ostensibly Ultimate)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Personally I'm expecting 8 more characters besides Inkling, Ridley and Daisy, which would bring us to 11 newcomers, the least amount in the series.
And of those 8 I think that 2 or 3 might be echoes, but I don't see Sakurai oversaturating the roster with them.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I hope no more than 1-2 echoes, and then about 5 more non-echoes. It'd be fun to get to #70.

Watch Sakurai pull out some ridiculousness and give us like 15 unique newcomers though and blow our minds...

I just think that we don't need another retro just because they're retro. People have this idea that we have to have a retro since we always have gotten a NES era character. But there are loads of NES era characters in Smash currently, to the point that it's hands-down the most represented console era, and more importantly fanrules are not actual quotas Sakurai lives by. This may be the Smash game where we don't get a retro or a Pokémon - I don't know.

The most common name thrown around is Excitebike, but he was denied in Melee since it'd be hard to keep him permanently mounted. Maybe he's reconsidered, or maybe a stage or keeping the assist would be a better representation of the series. Or maybe Sakurai would prefer to have more recognizable characters - the NES era was now almost 30 years ago, so many new fans don't have that same connection that they did for Melee 17 years ago. Also, a lot of the other names for 'retro' were mediocre games at best, or didn't get exported to a certain region, which was the reason Takamaru was excluded form Sm4sh (and ostensibly Ultimate)
I agree, though I must admit Excitebike would be pretty cool. Just have him run around and then pull out his bike, akin to Peach with her smashes, and just hit people with it. In a way, if we get Simon, that would satisfy both third party and NES roles.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mario: I guess Pauline
Zelda: Impa
Metroid: fine as is
Pokémon: Buzzwole cause God dammit that leak seriously made me interested in it, just imagine the sheer badassery of a friggin ULTRA BEAST
EarthBound: fine as is
F-Zero: that Crazy Taxi looking alien dude from GX, forgot his name...or the human James McCloud
Kirby: Bandana Dee, no question
Fire Emblem: Chrom, cause he finally deserves his chance
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Wario: I guess Ashley
Yoshi: fine as is (sorry Zinith, I’m not familiar with Boshi)
Animal Crossing: fine as is
Punch Out: Glass Joe Disco Kid or Soda Popinski
Kid Icarus: fine as is
Pikmin: fine as is
Star Fox: fine as is
Xenoblade: Elma (with Rex & Pyra later on as DLC followed by Fiora if they decide to patch her out of Shulk’s FS. If.)
Bayonetta: fine as is
Splatoon: maybe an Octoling echo?
Capcom: we’re good, we have both Ryu and Mega Man
Square Enix: Neku from TWEWY?
Bandai Namco: Either Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, or Yuri Lowell
Sega: we’re good
Konami: Simon Belmont, nuff said

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'm expecting 6 more unique newcomers which will give us the same amount of unique newcomers as Melee.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So there's that tier-list maker for Smash Bros. Ultimate already available here.

Is it fine to share our own tier-lists in this thread without having the risk to get torpedo'd of quotes again?
If you ever share an opinion on the internet and expect no one to say anything about it, then you are doing something wrong.

Just my two cents on that.

Anyway, if its like a silly thing like best outfit or some **** you'll be fine. If you unironically try to say who will be good in Ultimate on the other hand........oof.

KMDP KMDP why doe? You have nothing to base a tier list on I'm so confused.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Five more totally new characters

I would be disappointed if we don't get at least another five newcomers. Seven characters + 3 echoes (so 10 characters) is a good number
When it comes to speculation I always assume less then what the expected since in my experience most of the time we tend to think larger then the reality here.

?????????????

Smash Master
I haven't been on here in about a week, but I was working on this (and other irl stuff...)! It's my personal Top 10 characters I think would be good potential "Echo Fighters."

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Mario: Paper Mario - I think he would be the most interesting addition and represents a completely different side of the mario franchise, while he is technically another Mario he'd play nothing like him, primarily relying on his hammer and his partners which would make for a fun playstyle.

Zelda: Impa - After Link, Zelda and Ganon she's the most reoccuring Zelda character with roles in OoT, ALBW, the oracle games and Skyward Sword. I think going with the Skyward Sword design would be the best idea and a playstyle that combines Ninja and Monk stuff as well as magic would be cool.

Metroid: Dark Samus - The next most important Metroid character, plus she'd be a unique fighter, just take a look at any of her fights in Metroid Prime 2 and 3 and the moveset potential there is obvious.

Kirby: Bandana Dee - Definitely the most popular choice as well as the most important to the franchise, a spear based playstyle would be interesting.

Star Fox: Krystal - She's undoubtably the most popular option and she'd be another unique fighter since we have no other character who wields a staff.

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong - I don't care much about K Rool but I love dixie, and using her hair she would be a super interesting fighter, like an aerial fighting grappler with a glide similar to peach.

Kid Icarus: Medusa - She's the franchises main villain still, plus having a female villain playable would be dope.

Xenoblade: Elma - Would be an extremely fun and unique addition and represents a totally different side of the Xenoblade franchise.

Fire Emblem: The white haired axe chick from the new game - I don't care about fire emblem, makes sense I guess, she'd be fun or whatever

Sonic: Tails - He makes the most sense, Nobody else should get in before him.

Pokemon: Decidueye - They'd be fun to play as, a grass/ghost archer would be dope.

Earthbound: Porky - The main villain, the spider mech would be interesting

F-Zero: Samurai Goroh - I don't really care, he makes sense I guess

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
Mario: Waluigi - I just like Waluigi a lot OK, i do hope he is added in the future but i honestly don't see him ever coming any more.
Zelda: Tingle - IDK much about TLoZ but i like Tingle so there you go.
Metroid: Kraid - Easily most iconic Metroid villain with no current repping in Smash, least they could do is bring back Brinstar Depths.
Pokémon: Krookodile - It's kind of my favourite Pokemon
EarthBound: Kumatora - Much better echo then Ninten could ever be, pretty darn cute and has a great personality
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh - He's kinda cool and F-Zero's had just one rep for too long
Kirby: MARX! - There's literally no better character to represent a side of Kirby that's not yet in Smash, no character really tips into the morbid side of Kirby, we also don't have any Kirby villains. Marx has moveset potential to the max, he's f*king adorable and he's popular to boot. (and he's my second favourite video game character, favourite is :ultkingdedede: BTW.)
Fire Emblem: Chrom - I just want to see a Final Smash character be upgraded so that I have more hope of seeing another character I've mentioned here in the game, and Chrom would do that.
Donkey Kong: K Rool - I just want to see the final big bad get his spot in the roster... well not the final big bad but i can't see Porky happening and Marx isn't really the only big bad of Kirby so.
Wario: Ashley - Kinda cute... scratch that really cute, popular, would work, and i just kinda like her. (Honourable Mention to Jimmy T because I have never seen a design that glorious since I first looked at Dedede)
Yoshi: Boshi or Kamek - Either works just was well, i'd be fine with either.
Punch Out: Doc Louis - Steal his chocolate and he'll steal your bike. He's a funny character and is well known by the Nintendo community.
Kid Icarus: Viridi - IDK why but she's cute i guess... and I don't know why but i'd feel Hades would be another Falcon/Ganon semi clone and i don't really want that so yea Viridi it is.
Pikmin: Louie - Just not as an echo please, the guy is the King of Bugs he can just use monsters from the games.
Star Fox: Another Star Wolf member - Dunno which i'd pick but I like the Star Wolf team, maybe Leon as he'd be an easy Falco echo?
Xenoblade: Elma - Not to big on them but R/P/M don't really appeal to me at all, and Elma's just cooler looking so.
Retro: Takamaru - Simply because he looks cool and is cool.
Splatoon: DJ Octavio - He looks pretty cool and Splatoon definitely will get a second rep in the future (probably not this game tho) I think he's hte best pick.
Capcom: Bass - I just want my edgy ass Megaman already.
Square Enix: Geno - Simply because everyone and their mother wants him and he fits in with Smash well.
Bandai Namco: Agumon - Because Digimon is better than Tales and Tekken change my mind.
Sega: Eggman - Probably the most famous gaming villain not in Smash, and he's go to personality too.
Konami: Simon Belmont - Because Castlevania is both iconic and really cool.

Guys, I made a Tier-List, while I can't use an image of it, I'll make it using Icons.

S Tier: :ultbayonetta::ultmetaknight::ultcloud::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultdiddy::ultsheik::ultfalco:
A+ Tier: :ultolimar::ultpikachu::ultrosalina::ultzss::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultmario:
A Tier: :ultkirby::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultryu::ultpeach::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ultlucina:
B Tier: :ultwario::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultsamus::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultdoc:
C Tier: :ultgnw::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultpit::ultgreninja::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultness::ultlucas:
D Tier: :ultganondorf::ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultdarkpit::ultyounglink::ultike::ultshulk::ultrobin:ultpokemontrainer:
E Tier: :ultroy::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultzelda::ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer:

This tier list is built by taking each character's tier placement (i.e. #1, #2, etc) as a percentage relative to the cast of each game, then taking their best overall percentage placement, and ordering them using this value.
I only used Smash 64, Melee, Brawl and 4 to make the list (so no PM or Ultimate).
What would they have to do to make Dark Pit a whole tier lower than Pit!? XD
Yes, when you go by the method I was using, S4 Bayonetta is better than Brawl MK and Melee Fox.
You forgot best boy Dedede!

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP KMDP why doe? You have nothing to base a tier list on I'm so confused.
Read the spoiler, it's merely "who has done best in the past?" list, not a tier list for Ultimate. Notice Daisy, Inkling and Ridley, along with the Mii Fighters, aren't there.

It's a hypothetical "if you took the characters when they were at their best, relative to that particular cast, and balanced them around that, what would the tier list look like?" thing.
You forgot best boy Dedede!
Oh, oops. I'll fix that. XD

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
:ultmario:: Waluigi, but if deconfirmed characters don't count, Captain Toad.
:ultdk:: Even split between Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. Would be nice to see the series get a new character.
:ultlink:: Midna, but if deconfirmed characters don't count, Impa.
:ultsamus:: Sylux. Appears to be the next big bad of the Metroid Prime series, and would be a damn cool character overall.
:ultpit:: Viridi? The series is more than fine as is, though.
:ultness:: Ninten? I think the series is fine as is, but at least with Ninten, we'd have all three Mother/Earthbound game protagonists.
:ultmarth:: Chrom? Seriously though, the series has more than enough characters.
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow could be interesting if done right.
:ultyoshi:: Kamek? I'm not all too familiar with the Yoshi series, so I can't really think of anyone. Honestly think the series is fine as is.
:ultkirby:: Bandanna Dee. Makes the most sense for a Kirby series newcomer, even if I'm not too interested in any newcomers from the series, myself.
:ultfox:: Krystal, but if deconfirmed characters don't count, Slippy. Hell, Star Fox is my favorite series, I'd love to see any new characters from it.
:ultwario:: Ashley, mostly since Waluigi isn't considered a Wario character.
:ultpikachu:: Sceptile is my most wanted, but Decidueye is a more realistic want.
:ultvillager:: Isabelle. Makes the most sense for an Animal Crossing newcomer.
:ultolimar:: Alph, but since he's an alt, Louie.
:ultshulk:: Elma, since she appeals to me more than Rex & Pyra.
:ultinkling:: Octoling is the only real choice, here.
:ultgnw:: For Retro picks, Takamaru, but if deconfirmed characters don't count, than I suppose Mach Rider. I don't think Custom Robo is 'Retro' just yet.
:ultwiifittrainer:: For a Hardware pick, I'd go with the Nintendo Labo Robot.
:ultsonic:: For SEGA characters, AiAi from Super Monkey Ball. Not interested in having multiple characters from the same 3rd Party series.
:ultsnake:: For Konami, Simon Belmont, definitely. One of the few 3rd Parties I wouldn't hate to see.
:ultmegaman:: For Capcom, Monster Hunter. That Rathalos Armor is badass.
:ultpacman:: For Bandai Namco, I suppose Lloyd Irving. He's the one I'd be the least upset with.
:ultcloud:: For Square Enix, Geno. At least he's a Mario character by technicality.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I haven't been on here in about a week, but I was working on this (and other irl stuff...)! It's my personal Top 10 characters I think would be good potential "Echo Fighters."
Love your videos man!

Watched this and gotta say I'm surprised you didn't include Impa anywhere. She's my most expected echo right now. What was your reasoning?

Also for the minimum characters thing...I'm expecting 10 as my min, with what someone else suggested (5 more newcomers, 2 more echoes). 14 is my Max with the newcomers being padded with echoes simialr to Melee. Also just wanna say, 10 is my min expectation. I would be surprised if we got less, but not dissapointed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He'll be top tier, but will he be toppest tier?

And will Bayonetta come for him?
She most likely already hunts for him, but not for a kill (that’s what Dark Pit is for)

And yes, he will be in the toppest of tiers (not no.1 though...that might be either the Inklings or Zero Suit Samus)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Solid choices man.

It's nice when YouTubers are informed.

You'd be surprised at how many large channels don't know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
You guys think we'll get a new Sonic stage this time around? If we do it will most likely be from Mania or Forces and I would prefer the former but a stage from either would be really cool. Personally, I would really like to see Studiopolis, Press Garden, or Mirage Saloon.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You guys think we'll get a new Sonic stage this time around? If we do it will most likely be from Mania or Forces and I would prefer the former but a stage from either would be really cool. Personally, I would really like to see Studiopolis, Press Garden, or Mirage Saloon.
We'll get Green Sand Hill and like it!

?????????????

Smash Master
Love your videos man!

Watched this and gotta say I'm surprised you didn't include Impa anywhere. She's my most expected echo right now. What was your reasoning?

Also for the minimum characters thing...I'm expecting 10 as my min, with what someone else suggested (5 more newcomers, 2 more echoes). 14 is my Max with the newcomers being padded with echoes simialr to Melee. Also just wanna say, 10 is my min expectation. I would be surprised if we got less, but not dissapointed.
Thanks!

I started by listing characters I thought could make good echoes, and cut out certain choices. For instance, my initial list also had Ken, Proto Man, and additional Star Fox characters, who I cut from the Top 10 for varying reasons. In the end, I left out Impa in favor of my other Top 10.

She would at least be my Number 11, but honestly, I probably SHOULD have had her over my 10 or 9. I really wanted to bring up Number 10, even though it's a stretch, just because I never see it brought up (which is my whole problem with that character in the first place lol). As for Number 9...I particularly like the "first choice" of 9, but am unsure if that actually would fit the "echo criteria."

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Mario- Paper Mario please. Wanted him since Brawl, and it's a series with zero representation (granted TTYD was the last good one). At least a Paper Mario stage would be nice. EDIT: I have been made aware of the 3DS stage, still want PM though
Zelda- Skull Kid is my preference. More villains, could do some neat moveset things
DK- Funky, Dixie, and K. Rool should all be in, though we all know Cranky would be the best new rep. I'll say K. Rool though
Kirby- Daroach or Bandana please
Star Fox- I AM THE GREAT LEON! Honestly no one
Pokemon- Decidueye most likely, though I think Buzzwole would be fun as we somehow have zero Fighting types in a fighting game
Metroid- Dark Samus please (would also add more Metroid hype with Ridley for Prime 4)
Fire Emblem- Don't.
F-Zero- Goro as much as I loathe sword fighters being added
Capcom- Can we please get Phoenix Wright? He'd be perfect
Konami- Simon Belmont please
New Third Party partner- Shantae or Banjo
Retro IP- Excitebike

Ice Climbers- the polar bear :grin:

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I am dying in this unbearable heat. And my country is literally on fire. I need Smash News to bear me over this living hell.

I am watching the Toads drift aimlessly in space in the Mario Kart 8 online menu. We need Space Toad playable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We'll get Green Sand Hill and like it!
It’ll be a GHZ clone stage but without the hazards and more of a competitive feel
She most likely already hunts for him, but not for a kill (that’s what Dark Pit is for)

And yes, he will be in the toppest of tiers (not no.1 though...that might be either the Inklings or Zero Suit Samus)
:ultpit::ultpit:This Is It

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry to cut the discussion, but quick question: How many people do you ignore max? Just to compare.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mario- Paper Mario please. Wanted him since Brawl, and it's a series with zero representation (granted TTYD was the last good one). At least a Paper Mario stage would be nice.
Paper Mario has gotten several trophies since Melee and a new stage and remix in Smash 3DS. I'd say it's gotten a decent amount of representation over the years, and I wouldn't be surprised if this builds up to an eventual playable Paper Mario.

(And by the way, SPM was a fantastic game that doesn't get the credit it deserves. I'd gladly take a sequel to that game and completely ignore the series' RPG roots if it meant straying away from SS/CS.)

Sorry to cut the discussion, but quick question: How many people do you ignore max? Just to compare.
I haven't ignored anyone yet.

Last edited:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario has gotten several trophies since Melee and a new stage and remix in Smash 3DS. I'd say it's gotten a decent amount of representation over the years, and I wouldn't be surprised if this builds up to an eventual playable Paper Mario.

(And by the way, SPM was a fantastic game that doesn't get the credit it deserves. I'd gladly take a sequel to that game and completely ignore the series' RPG roots if it meant straying away from SS/CS.

I haven't ignored anyone yet.
I hope you're right on building to Paper Mario as playable. And SPM was admittedly decent, but not my cup of tea at all. I personally prefer the gameplay, world, and writing of the RPGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom