• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What cage fight in Dream Land? I went back to look at footage from Dream land and I don't see a cage fight, not even in the extra mode.

Yes, Revenge of the King is a reference to Kirby's Dreamland's extra mode, but there certainly doesn't seem to be a cage anywhere. So King Dedede's final smash is pretty much just a direct reference to Revenge of the King from Superstar Ultra.
Skip to 4:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9RTEXMhPfo
Wait, that's more of a boxing arena fight, what i meant was the Masked Dedede Battle in Kirby Super Star...Ultra, i wanna say.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Sounds like "High Road Syndrome" is still a thing then, because that level is often considered to be among the worst levels in the Crash Bandicoot series for being an unfairly difficult main game level. The jump physics apparently don't help either.
USE THE ROPE

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Bridge levels actually have a bit of a trick where if you land on the side of the ropes perfectly you can concievably cheese much of the level. There's some points where you'll still have to do some of the platforming. But that trick is still pretty helpful if you're not a fan of the bridge levels at all. (EDIT: Though when you're on the side of the bridge. I suggest using the d-pad rather then the analog to move forward otherwise even just a tad diagonal push on the control stick might lead to you falling)

Though yeah Crash games are ones you probably want to stock up on lives. Crash 1 has the Lost City level where you can grind wampa fruits by staying in a spot where Crash's spins will hit the bats but not get hit by the bats himself. It takes a while but having the stockpile of lives helps with more chances. Though you can also always play the easy levels over and over again to grind for fruits and lives as well. The latter goes for all 3 games.
Mhm, the Rope Trick is actually one of the only things I knew about Crash before I played it, haha. Tho... I think I died to it more than the actual platforming, I just kept sliding off when trying to get up on the rope. :s The D-Pad helped when walking it, but I sucked at just getting up on them.

Also, I hate those bats, so it is nice to know they are a good Life-Grind area. So I can kill more of them, haha. XD Thank you for the tips. I will probably go back to Crash 1 eventually. I will take your tips into account. ^^

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When you face Masked Dedede, the arena will be surrounded by electrical walls; the walls will damage Kirby if he touches them, so it's sort of like being trapped in a cage.
I've played Superstar Ultra, so I know about the cage fight in that game. I was referring to how they said there was a cage fight in the the first Kirby game Kirby's Dreamland. Which:
Skip to 4:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9RTEXMhPfo
Wait, that's more of a boxing arena fight, what i meant was the Masked Dedede Battle in Kirby Super Star...Ultra, i wanna say.
Yeah, that wasn't a cage fight. It was just a boxing ring.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Mhm, the Rope Trick is actually one of the only things I knew about Crash before I played it, haha. Tho... I think I died to it more than the actual platforming, I just kept sliding off when trying to get up on the rope. :s The D-Pad helped when walking it, but I sucked at just getting up on them.

Also, I hate those bats, so it is nice to know they are a good Life-Grind area. So I can kill more of them, haha. XD Thank you for the tips. I will probably go back to Crash 1 eventually. I will take your tips into account. ^^
I should also note the Save slots should be your friend. When you've gathered a whole ton of lives. Save another slot, so if there's a particularly hard level where you lose a ton of lives or even game over. Just load up the other save slot where you gathered the lives and it will be like you didn't lose much at all. Though I suppose at some point using that might trip you up if say you lose a good amount of lives on one-level but finally beat it after losing about half your stockpiled lives only for the next level to be even harder heh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New game: what songs do you want in the reveal trailer AND gameplay trailer (the ones starting with their name and series logo) of characters you want?

Bandana Dee - Reveal: Moonstruck Blossom. Gameplay: Butter Building (Brawl remix)

Simon - Reveal: Bloody Tears (Dawn of Sorrow version). Gameplay: any other Castlevania song I’m not picky really

Elma - Reveal: Uncontrollable (original or instrumental). Gameplay: either Wir fliegen (Overdrive theme) or THEMEX from 3:55 until 4:14.

Rex & Pyra (possible DLC) - Reveal: Counterattack. Gameplay: the Driver’s battle theme

Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) - Reveal: Dreams of Our Generation. Gameplay: Remix 10 (RH Fever).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Elma - Reveal: Uncontrollable (original or instrumental). Gameplay: either Wir fliegen (Overdrive theme) or THEMEX from 3:55 until 4:14.
Well, really anything but Black Tar and especially not the Skell remix of Black Tar.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New game: what songs do you want in the reveal trailer AND gameplay trailer (the ones starting with their name and series logo) of characters you want?

Bandana Dee - Reveal: Moonstruck Blossom. Gameplay: Dededeluxe!

Simon - Reveal: Bloody Tears (some remixed version of it). Gameplay: any other Castlevania song I’m not picky really

Rex & Pyra (possible DLC) - Reveal: Counterattack. Gameplay: the Driver’s battle theme

Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) - Reveal: Dreams of Our Generation. Gameplay: Remix 10 (RH Fever).
Chrom - Reveal: Fire Emblem Main Theme (Awakening Version). Gameplay: Divine Decree (Ablaze).

Celica - Reveal: With Mila's Divine Protection. Gameplay: Twilight of the Gods.

Decidueye - Reveal: Battle! Totem Pokémon. Gameplay: Welcome to the Alola Region.

Crash Bandicoot - Reveal: Crash Bandicoot Main Theme/N. Sanity Beach. Gameplay: Warped Main Theme.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
This could be a fun game - See the most current panorama artwork. Remember it loops, so there's also some open space between Riddles/DHD/Robin and ICs/G&W. Also remember you can move characters around a bit

Where would your favorite character fit in?

If I were to put Dovahkiin in, I'd put him behind Robin looking up at Ridley, and I'd make room by moving DHD above G&W to cover Popo's mallet.
Dixie would be in front of diddy to the left so he's looking at her, she'd be using her her to fly along.
Elma would be below shulk and above marth, doing some sick pose with her guns out, this would also make a great spot for fiora (rip)
Impa would be above samus, doing a similar jumping forwards motion that samus and sheik are doing.
Bandana Dee would be right next to Dedede, sporting a similar expression or trying to protect him in a fighting stance.
Lara would be below bayonetta so they're pointing their guns at one another
Idk where I'd put isabelle but she'd be somewhere at the bottom, minding her business and writing on her clipboard.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
How must be the Master Hand battle in Ultimate?
The Master Hand / Crazy Hand Battle from 3DS / Wii U is hard, now imagine ultimate.
THIS WILL BE AN INSANITY!!

Would return the Master Hand themes from previous smash games?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
How must be the Master Hand battle in Ultimate?
The Master Hand / Crazy Hand Battle from 3DS / Wii U is hard, now imagine ultimate.
THIS WILL BE AN INSANITY!!

Would return the Master Hand themes from previous smash games?
Master Hand only ever had one unique theme, that being from the fourth game. In all other games, the fight with him just used the regular FD theme.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Bandana Dee - Reveal: Moonstruck Blossom. Gameplay: Butter Building (Brawl remix)

Simon - Reveal: Bloody Tears (Dawn of Sorrow version). Gameplay: any other Castlevania song I’m not picky really

Dixie - Reveal: Homecoming Hijinx (I'm imagining a scenario where she saves DK and Diddy from K Rool). Gameplay: DK Island swing

Impa: Reveal: ? (I honestly can't think of a trailer concept tbh). Gameplay: Ballad of the Goddess

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

SMT1's Kazuya:
Reveal/Gameplay Snippet respectively:
SMT3's Demi-fiend**:
Reveal/Gameplay Snippet respectively:

*We need more songs with harpsichord solos.
**Might be hard to get representation from a game where one of the subtitles is "Lucifer's Call" and also "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series"

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

King K. Rool- Reveal:Crocodile Cacophony (DKC2)
Gameplay: Final Battle (DK64)

Rayman- Reveal & Gameplay: Tricky Treasure (Rayman Origins)

Dr. Eggman- Reveal: Eggman's Theme (Sonic Adventure)
Gameplay: E.G.G.M.A.N (Sonic Adventure 2)

Banjo-Kazooie- Reveal & Gameplay: Main Theme

Machamp- Reveal: Gym Battle (Pokemon Red & Blue)
Gameplay: Magikarp Festival (Pokken Tournament)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dixie - Reveal: Homecoming Hijinx (I'm imagining a scenario where she saves DK and Diddy from K Rool). Gameplay: DK Island swing

Impa: Reveal: ? (I honestly can't think of a trailer concept tbh). Gameplay: Ballad of the Goddess
I've always associated Impa with the Kakariko Village theme. Maybe they could give her the HW style remix of it like this.

D

Deleted member

Well then.

Shadow (Echo) - Reveal: All Hail Shadow (assuming he even gets a trailer). Gameplay: Throw It All Away (in case he doesn't get a trailer, just use All Hail Shadow instead).

Simon Belmont - Reveal: Theme of Simon Belmont. Gameplay: Vampire Killer.

Geno - Reveal: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms. Gameplay: Battle against an Armed Boss.

King K. Rool.....................do i even have to say it? well okay. Reveal: DKC Final Boss theme (Brawl remix) Gameplay: Crocodile Cacophony.

Isaac - Reveal: Saturos's Battle theme. Gameplay: Golden Sun Battle theme.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series"
Dang it, now I really want Dante as an Assist Trophy and not because I wanna meme and call it Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & Knuckles Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series :urg:

and I also kinda want the song Devil Trigger on the Street Fighter stage. Edited to a certain length of course, and possibly removing the “I’m a bomb you can’t defuse” lyric cause that would be problematic to hear on airplanes

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can't remember which one is the Jody Summer leak but DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon mind pulling that one up?

because I could swear the stage list was pretty close to the most likely stage list I've seen. not that I believe the leak itself lol.
Are you referring to the one that had mispelled Jody Summer as 'Summers'? Because it should be this one, if we're thinking of the same one:

Another "leak." Nothing about characters though.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423061864/#423061864
Got some new info for you smash ******. Don't expect anything substantial since there's nothing about playable characters.

Assist Trophies:

>The "Everyone is Here!" motto applies to Assist Trophies as well.

>FE: Ryoma and Xander

>Mother: Duster

>F-Zero: Jody Summers

>SF: Charlie Nash

>Other: Ayumi Tachibana

Stages:

>Metal Cavern is returning as a properly playable stage.

>FoD, Brinstar Depths and Poke Floats are returning. The latter is the same stage, but with Mimikyu added to represent Gen 7.

>Pirate Ship and Hanenbow are retuning.

>Orbital Gate Assault is returning. Pyrosphere is up in the air right now, but my source is leaning towards it being but, based on their own, personal speculation.

Off topic: don't be surprised if Stealth (@Stealth___ on twitter) is right regarding a Direct in the second half of August.

Reported for inappropriate language.

@Legendary Spirit Tamer smack this boi with the banhammer

I'm obviously kidding and I don't want Idon banned.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Literally any characters we want? If so...

Travis -
Reveal: N.M.H.
Gameplay: It's Kill Or Be Killed. 1:32 to 1:49

Geno -
Reveal: Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (original or new remix).
Gameplay: Fight Against Monsters (original or new remix). 0:01 to 0:18

My oddball: Muddy Mole -
Reveal: Forest Theme (remaster).
Gameplay: Pipe Theme (remaster) 0:13 to 0:30

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

Decidueye

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Literally any characters we want? If so...

Travis - Reveal: N.M.H. Gameplay: It's Kill Or Be Killed.

Geno - Reveal: Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (original or new remix). Gameplay: Fight Against Monsters (original or new remix).

My oddball:
Muddy Mole - Reveal: Forest Theme (remaster). Gameplay: Pipe Theme (remaster)
You mean "No More Heroes: It's Kirr or be Kirrt"

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
So, just got a Question for all of you, What's your Favorite Skin for your main/mains?

Mine is the Yellow Kirby for Kirby, Because It's a callback to Kirby's Dream Course, and who doesn't like playing as a bassically golden kirby?
:4lucina: Default. Occasionally the Cordelia skin if i'm feeling different.
:4zelda: Used to be the purple skin but now it's the deep blue one.
:4robinf: Default female skin. Occasionally Default male or white mage if i'm feeling different,
:rosalina: Default skin. Was the red one in the 3ds days because it was more a ruby colour, but then they ruined it in the Wii U version :(. Sometimes i'll use the green and purple ones too.

As for smash ultimate:

:ultzelda: Probably the dark zelda one? Maybe the all white or blue one. I'll see when the game comes out
:ultlucina: Default
:ultrosalina: default
:ultrobin: default female/male :)

If Bandana Dee gets in, probably default or a purple skin unless he gets the sailor hat :3

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
here we go, i've found it! time to speculate
I never thought about a thread...

Would you guys like to see that? Just a leak discussion thread or something?

Speaking of "leaks," I found another one. This one's live too, see if you can ask questions.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423324305
English is not my first language, so I apologize if some stuff stated later isn't correct.

I have info in regards to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

New fighters:
Inkling (March Direct)
Ridley (E3)
Lycanroc (July announcement)
Waddle Dee (August Nintendo Direct)
Rhythm Kids (September announcement)
Simon/Richter Belmont (November Smash Direct)
NES Athlete [character based on NES sports games] (Secret)

There are 3 echoes in addition to Dark Pit, Daisy, Lucina.
- Dixie Kong (Diddy)
- Jody Summer (Captain Falcon)
- Glass Joe (Little Mac)

Stages that *don't* return:
Mushroom Kingdom 64
FlatZone X
Pictochat 1
Icicle Mountain
Golden Plains
Pac Maze
Pyrosphere
Dream Land (3DS)
Windy Hill Zone
Miiverse

New stages:
Metro Kingdom
Great Plateau Tower
Moray Towers
Octo Valley
Remix Retreat
Melemele Ferry
NES Remix
Castlevania
so for the record, I don't think this has any shot at being real, but they put effort into the stage list so I figured I'd acknowledge it

Mushroom Kingdom 64 - Mushroom Kingdom I makes more sense, yeah.
FlatZone X - Why return X if you have 2 and 1?
Pictochat 1 - Pictochat 1 and 2 look the same, unlike Game & Watch 1 & 2, so this checks out.
Icicle Mountain - only one i literally can not figure out. i guess only wanting to keep one stage for IC's? what's weird is the jungle stage would still be there
Golden Plains - it's a pretty basic stage. checks out.
Pac Maze - One stage per third party i guess question mark
Pyrosphere - ridley is playable, checks out.
Dream Land (3DS) - I'd find it weird to miss out on this one, but there isn't any strong reasoning towards keeping it in, so, checks out.
Windy Hill Zone - one stage per third party i guess question mark
Miiverse - no longer around. this is the #1 stage we're all gonna laugh if it comes back. (aka the one we're all guessing is gone)

New stages:
Metro Kingdom - already know
Great Plateau Tower - already know
Moray Towers - already know
Octo Valley - checks out... enough.
Remix Retreat - nani?
Melemele Ferry - checks out
NES Remix - checks out
Castlevania - #vague but checks out

I start to get fishy at it having Icicle Mountain excluded but including Rumble Falls - the latter is a significantly more polished idea of that though. It falls apart at Remix Retreat and Castlevania, but points for effort.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Persona 3 Hero: "Mass Destruction" for reveal, "Battle for Everyone's Souls" for gameplay
Persona 4 Hero: "Reach out to Truth" for reveal, "Time to Make History" for gameplay
Persona 5 Hero: "Last Suprise" for reveal, "Life Will Change" for gameplay

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FlatZone X - Why return X if you have 2 and 1?.
Cause X has all the areas from both 1 and 2 together, so it’d be more sensible to simply use that stage and probably make room for another stage from a different series (ROB could sure use one) than to split X back in half.

D

Deleted member

All remixed obviously...
Decidueye - Reveal: Battle at the Summit, Gameplay: Welcome to the Alola Region
Bandana Dee - Reveal: Here Come the Squeaks + Meta Knight's Revenge, Gameplay: Butter Building
Shovel Knight - Reveal: Strike the Earth!, Gameplay: High Above the Land
Isaac - Reveal: Isaac's battle theme, Gameplay: Venus Lighthouse
King K. Rool - Reveal: Crocodile Cacophony, Gameplay: Jib Jig
Rayman - Gameplay: Treasure Chase (Not sure about reveal)
I'm not sure what to do with Crash since I haven't gotten around to fully playing his games and therefore don't know the soundtrack well enough.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Cause X has all the areas from both 1 and 2 together, so it’d be more sensible to simply use that stage and probably make room for another stage from a different series (ROB could sure use one) than to split X back in half.
well, it's more like a "it checks out" thing on there. If 2 and X or 1 and X were not included, it'd be a different story.

aka, there's no red flags. there really weren't any red flags up until the new stages.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, just got a Question for all of you, What's your Favorite Skin for your main/mains?
Zelda: Silver Hair, Black & Purple Dress (hoping for Hilda colour though, demo costumes aren't final as shown by Ridley lacking the MetaRidley alt)
Lucina: Tharja colour
Cloud: Black SOLDIER uniform
Rosalina: White with Red
Link: Default Champion's Tunic (formerly Fierce Deity colour)
Daisy: Dunno Yet, was the colour used for Peach.
Sonic: Default
Mega Man: Red & Yellow (also used when playing Marvel vs Capcom 2)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Geno- Reveal: Got a Star Piece
Gameplay: Fight Against an Armed Boss

Lyn- Reveal: FE7: Companions
Gameplay: Together, We Ride, Melee ver. (Because it's practically tradition at this point)

Rex & Pyra- Reveal: Counterattack
Gameplay: You Will Recall Our Names

Bandana Dee- Reveal: Kirby: Battle Royale Theme
Gameplay: Kirby's RTD Title Screen

Simon- Reveal: Simon's Theme
Gameplay: Vampire Killer

Luminario

Smash Lord

Mine is the Yellow Kirby for Kirby, Because It's a callback to Kirby's Dream Course, and who doesn't like playing as a bassically golden kirby?
I never actually stick with a single colour. After almost every match I switch between my fave alts. If I had to pick though:

The deep red. It looks amazing on her.

It used to be the red one since it looked great on TP Zelda with the red gloves, but I'll probably be going for the lovely OOT pink one this time around.

The lilac and sky blue one (no 3).
Ashley- Reveal: new remix of her theme, Gameplay: Ashley's ☆ Revolution from Game & Wario.

Isabelle- Reveal: battle remix of the ACNL main theme. Gameplay: Tour remix from SSB4.

Mimikyu- Reveal: Sun Moon Abandoned Megamart remix, Gameplay: Sun Moon Trainer Battle music.

Lip- Reveal: Lip's Theme (tbh I'd accept the Brawl remix here, it's a banger), Gameplay: Panel de Pon theme medley.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well, it's more like a "it checks out" thing on there. If 2 and X or 1 and X were not included, it'd be a different story.

aka, there's no red flags. there really weren't any red flags up until the new stages.
Well technically Smash 4 had FZ2 and X (X for U and 2 for 3DS), but this is a sequel so I suppose we have to wait and see them deconfirm the two Flat Zones

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Since most of the characters I want have already been done by others, and since just about any Gen VII Pokémon would likely share similar music (sorry Lycanroc), I'll go with two characters who get less support.

Mipha - Reveal: Mipha's Theme (first seven seconds). Gameplay: Vah Ruta Battle

Paper Mario - Reveal: Paper Mario (Alternate Title Theme) (from 0:16 onward). Gameplay: Paper Mario (Battle Theme)

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well technically Smash 4 had FZ2 and X (X for U and 2 for 3DS), but this is a sequel so I suppose we have to wait and see them deconfirm the two Flat Zones
way I see it, we're probs either getting flat zone X or flat zone 1 & 2

tbqh, I personally want the latter more because flat zone 1 was really just a simple idea. everything about that stage was fun for casual play.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
way I see it, we're probs either getting flat zone X or flat zone 1 & 2

tbqh, I personally want the latter more because flat zone 1 was really just a simple idea. everything about that stage was fun for casual play.
Either way we’d get the same thing, but the latter choice makes G&W seem like he’s got extra content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom