• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes that was bad phrasing that I knew would be questioned.

I meant more like people would start acting like the majority was behind it and if it was divisive, it wasn't that divisive.
Sad, but true. Goku would end up being this "sacred cow" that everyone wanted but just didn't think was possible. :p
With everyone against the idea being the "minority".

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
But fixed camera perspective! Exact replication of the original game! It's cute.

Really though we got "retro" stages for SMB1, SMB2, and Mario Bros... where's my SMB3 stage? At least give us an Airship stage, it's so obvious.

And I'm sure we will still be waiting for a genuine Bowser's Castle stage too.
Yeah you're right. The fact that you can't go through floors and ceilings always annoyed me though haha.

We do need a proper SMB3 stage, agreed.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Goku has had unironic support since at least the Brawl days.

It was just rather questionable as to why. :p
thread's that weren't nintendo characters were deleted on nsider iirc lol

just because the existing threads were so craezy to watch

(I mention NSider because Nintendo's official forum lol)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If they want to make Goku DLC that's cool. Those who want him can buy him and those with discerning taste need not be bothered. :troll:

The only downside is people would start acting like he's always been wanted, as they do.
Goku has always been wanted though. We literally have at least 2 people remind us that they want him every day in this thread..

The ones who go "oh, well we all saw it coming he won the ballot after all!" are the ones I'm gonna look at funny.

EDIT: :l

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Goku.

The community's most talked about "unrealistic" character. The one that would break the internet.
The one that would defy all expectations.

The last character Sakurai includes in the game to serve as the biggest bombshell to end with a -BANG-.
You monster frisbee Golden

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
I know Goku is a meme and I don't support his inclusion but I wouldn't mind him. I love Goku. He got me through some rough years.

D

Deleted member

I have a question, does :ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy:still have their animal voices?

I mean their animalistic voice is fitting them less.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
idea: bring back miiverse except replace it with a smashboards themed stage that takes smashboards posts
Whenever Shulk or Little Mac are in the battle, the photoshop work must appear.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I know Goku is a meme and I don't support his inclusion but I wouldn't mind him. I love Goku. He got me through some rough years.
I don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind if Goku got in Smash, It'd be pretty cool honesty. And if there were to be any non-video game character in Smash, Goku would be the most likely one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One month a year the Smashboards stage gets DDoS'd and you can't play on it.

And every couple of weeks the character icons are broken at the bottom.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
idea: bring back miiverse except replace it with a smashboards themed stage that takes smashboards posts
I'd love it if I was just playing as Cloud one day and that one gigantic post Thinkaman made back in the tier thread dwarfed the entire background.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
another supposive leak

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...te-updated-character-videos-and-more.1463068/

got to get this one before its deleted

I might delete this post soon since I don't want to cause the source I got this information from any trouble though I can't help it to share this information out of curiosity, even if it won't stay here for too long.

Here is some basic information that I've got:

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- The Legend of Zelda Series won't receive any newcomers
- The Pokemon Series won't receive any newcomers
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character ( Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 Notes: its got to be Geno)

There are gonna be 12 newcomers in total from which 5 of them are going to be based on other fighters.

For the new ones I only got information on 3 characters who should appear in this title:

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X

Some of those will be announced very soon.

Take it or leave it I don't care, I will delete this post soon anyways.

Well out of all the leaks atleast this one is more believable than the ones i have seen

but really im calling it snowballing due to simon belmont

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I dunno if it's been posted here already, but someone on Reddit created a mockup of what a City Trial stage could possibly look like.

For one, that's beautiful.

For another thing:
W H Y C A N ' T L E A K S H A V E T H I S Q U A L I T Y

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
another supposive leak

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...te-updated-character-videos-and-more.1463068/

I might delete this post soon since I don't want to cause the source I got this information from any trouble though I can't help it to share this information out of curiosity, even if it won't stay here for too long.

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character ( Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 Notes: its got to be Geno)

There are gonna be 12 newcomers in total from which 5 of them are going to be based on other fighters.

For the new ones I only got information on 3 characters who should appear in this title:

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- X
- X

Well out of all the leaks atleast this one is more believable than the ones i have seen

Yea, Almost every leak I've seen has K. Rool, Isaac, Elma, and Simon. I think they might be based on a real leak, since all those characters are likely to get in, but it's kina obvious at this point that most of them are just copying each other.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If this happens you all better start a DLC campaign to get me as a newcomer.

D

Deleted member

another supposive leak

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

- X
- X

>Fire Emblem getting two new Echoes.
>One of those Echoes being Soren.
>"more beleivable"

Um...what?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
With the recent talks of Bayonetta being determined 2 weeks into the ballot, I need to ponder something:
Who is the most controversial smash newcomer of all time?
I see Bayonetta, Miis, Dark Pit, Ice Climbers (Melee and Brawl Era), and Meta Knight (Brawl Era) as some of the most controversial newcomers most of the time (for different reasons), but I can't really pick one out of those that would be best representative of the most controversial.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Where are you guys looking that you're seeing this plurality of leaks featuring Isaac?

I see him once in every, like, ten leaks, if that.

D

Deleted member

Yea, Almost every leak I've seen has K. Rool, Isaac, Elma, and Simon. I think they might be based on a real leak, since all those characters are likely to get in, but it's kina obvious at this point that most of them are just copying each other.
Not a good way to look at it.

Fake leaks often have common sets of characters based on fan expectations.

As for leaks I've seen, which is honestly a lot more than you based on what you're saying, majority of them don't have Isaac or Elma.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Clearly the most unbelievable part of that supposed leak is that Sakurai chose Soren over Merric.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
With the recent talks of Bayonetta being determined 2 weeks into the ballot, I need to ponder something:
I see Bayonetta, Miis, Dark Pit, Ice Climbers (Melee and Brawl Era), and Meta Knight (Brawl Era) as some of the most controversial newcomers most of the time (for different reasons), but I can't really pick one out of those that would be best representative of the most controversial.
ROB

StormC

Smash Hero
I've always said K. Rool and Simon are like Shulk and Palutena during 4 speculation. People will not humor fake leaks without them.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon Any new Gengar-related "leaks", or has /v/ given up on that angle? :p
Nope. Gengar was a flavor of the month character.

I say let's keep it that way.

another supposive leak

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

- X
- X

Thank you for catching this one. While it's incomplete, it has been logged.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I try never to speak for everyone, so for me, Dark Pit and Lucina really angered me. The very, very minimal differences they had from Pit/Marth did not warrant them being anything besides alts like Alph.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've always said K. Rool and Simon are like Shulk and Palutena during 4 speculation. People will not humor fake leaks without them.
K. Rool was also this in Smash 4. :p

He will always be among the most "leaked" characters until he actually shows up. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom