• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Honestly, yes.

We can't even play the game, and it's still a build that's subject to change, so what's in the demo isn't 100% accurrate of a final product.

Leaks, even the ****ty ones, are fun, because they can kill time.

When the game actually comes out and is in its final build, then is the time to talk about frame data and delay.
Yet you talk about nothing with 0 facts. The demo has a lot of videos and comments on it, not to mention a lot of possible changes for the characters who were not in the demo using what we know already. There is a lot to explore there.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
It might not be the main character, but it has the fan popularity. Besides, they can just make Eleven a Mewtwo echo.
I mean EGGO's sales have really proven themselves, if we can two reps for something as small as the Mother series, surely Kellogg's has earned its title as a third party rep.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Oh, no worries. I completely agree with you in that he was a huge shock for people who didn't believe the vergeben/resetera leaks.
If ResetEra mods and vergeben had never said anything, I would have never thought him as a possibility and it would have been a huge shock. But both have had a rocky history and their words were never gospel. Even now a lot of people don't think Vergeben is right. In some ways, it's a bit unfortunate I considered it a possibility because this happened even though a lot of other people didn't.

Hindsight is 20/20, there's no way people thought seriously daisy and ridley would both be the newcomers shown off. I bet this is going to happen again and no one is going to believe it (unless leakers are proven to be reputable and put the ball forward again). It's just going to be a long wait these next 6 months. It's going to be nerve wracking but enjoyable to see people speculate over the leftovers of such a massive roster for sure and I can't wait to see what's next.

We know that MasterofHyrule and Emily Rogers both recieved legitimate leaks of sorts.
We know Emily knew ahead of time because of the "Ultimate smash bros" (hinting to Smash Bros ultimate), expecting no cuts, and a roster that would make a lot of people happy.
The master of Hyrule battlefield leak was also proven to be legitimate when we saw the in-game battlefield.
Please do not pester these people for information, as we've not heard anymore information from them about the game since the announcements.
Thanks for giving me the update but I don't think the last statement was necessary. I just wanted to know if any other prominent leakers had said anything as of late.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would prefer just a basic arcade mode to unlock characters. The more time spent working on character development the better. Once I get everything unlocked I never play any single player modes. I play smash to play with people. I don't care about anything else.

Shroob

Sup?
Yet you talk about nothing with 0 facts. The demo has a lot of videos and comments on it, not to mention a lot of possible changes for the characters who were not in the demo using what we know already. There is a lot to explore there.
That's the fun of speculation.

Is it true? Is it fake? Who knows. It's 99% of the time fake, but there's that 1% chance it's not, no matter how slim.

That, and, this USED to be called the speculation thread, so there's that.

Whababa

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, yes. Although pancakes tried very hard, it didn’t make it into Smash.

Surprisingly, though, French Toast did, though many speculate this is only because it was an easy echo.
Wait I'm confused, the last guy said pancakes wasnt, but French Toast being in is great!
EDIT: It appears alolan pancakes is an at

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, yes. Although pancakes tried very hard, it didn’t make it into Smash.

Surprisingly, though, French Toast did, though many speculate this is only because it was an easy echo.
This lumps it into the same group as skull kid, Isaac, and Isabelle then. This could be good or bad, and personally I'd rather see someone more obscure like french toast make the cut.
FRENCH TOAST MADE IT INTO SMASH BROS?
I AM LOOSING MY MIND! They are tasty as well.
Great, you all made me want to have French Toast Sticks at 2:14 AM ET.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Wait I'm confused, the last guy said pancakes wasnt, and now you're saying french toast IS an at. That would be awful for a toast fan like myself
Well Alolan pancakes have been seen as an AT, but so far there's no proof of vanilla anywhere in the game.

?????????????

Smash Master
Some might say a Smash Bros. crossover with breakfast is “unlikely,” but we’ve actually seen examples of Nintendo with breakfast before:
3D017028-FE86-4989-8CE1-323BAEB30B73.jpeg

?????????????

Smash Master
Okay lol I’m worried we’re gonna get in trouble if we take this any further. It’s very late for me and I’m a little out-of-it sick, so I’m probably finding this much funnier than it really is.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
At least he talks about the game and disproves the mob mentality of "Smash 4 .5." What are you doing? Wasting your damn time with rumors and red herrings. Sakurai could tweet about breakfast and you lunatics would all go ape**** over it. What about the frame data? What about the tech, or the characters? Not important enough? We rather pay attention to "leaks?"
Wow, what got your panties in a bunch? Did I insult your precious competitive king or something?

Not everyone gives a damn about the comp scene. Some of us are in for the fanservice and the love to Nintendo. If I wanted to overanalyze frame data I'd go play a different fighting game.

?????????????

Smash Master
Here’s something on my mind...

Duster. Many years ago, this MOTHER 3 character was a dream character to me. He’s my favorite, and I think he would be amazing in Smash with his thieves tools and back kicks.

I’m hoping he’s at least an AT, cause unlike Jeff, we haven’t seen him at all yet. He’s the only main EB or M3 party member we haven’t seen yet (besides, arguably, Claus, Flint, and Salsa).

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Just because the subject isn't your favorite, you don't get to control the flow of conversation or insult others. Come on.
Wow, what got your panties in a bunch? Did I insult your precious competitive king or something?

Not everyone gives a damn about the comp scene. Some of us are in for the fanservice and the love to Nintendo. If I wanted to overanalyze frame data I'd go play a different fighting game.
So do you have a point? I shared the video as it might be an interesting thing to share, but as expected of Trashboards no one cares about what we know and have.

D

Deleted member

Get back on-topic, please.
*Puts arm on head like a military salute*
Yes Spirit Tamer!

Also I think the most likely Fire Emblem Echo Fighter is Chrom.
Hear me out. He was very popular during the Smash 4 early days and is still highly requested.
You guys think there are "other Fire Emblem characters." But none are closer to being a Smash Bros. fighter than Chrom.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here’s something on my mind...

Duster. Many years ago, this MOTHER 3 character was a dream character to me. He’s my favorite, and I think he would be amazing in Smash with his thieves tools and back kicks.

I’m hoping he’s at least an AT, cause unlike Jeff, we haven’t seen him at all yet. He’s the only main EB or M3 party member we haven’t seen yet (besides, arguably, Claus, Flint, and Salsa).
Isn't he already sort of represented with the rope snake in Lucas' moveset?

?????????????

Smash Master
So do you have a point? I shared the video as it might be an interesting thing to share, but as expected of Trashboards no one cares about what we know and have.
You might have better luck if all your statements didn’t include insults. Those tend to IMMEDIATELY turn people off.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a quick reminder; This is a thread for all kinds of Smash talk. Leaks, rumors, frame data, etc. None of this is wrong. Whatsoever. You should all be able to have fun. Don't try and shut down discussion because it's not your cup of tea. If something is against the rules, report it and let the mods handle it.

Whababa

Smash Cadet
Hey man, by insulting smashboards your'e insulting yourself since your'e on here, and people do care.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ever considered that maybe my statement has nothing to do with not caring for the comp scene and might have to do with me just really not liking ZeRo?

Or maybe that insulting people is probably not a good idea when mods are right around the corner?

Either way; on to a different observation of mine. This Smash game in particular seems to be running a completely different development cycle. It's possible they could have added characters to the planned roster mid-development, so I can see Rex & Pyra or an ARMS character showing up base game due to this fact.

Whababa

Smash Cadet
Ever considered that maybe my statement has nothing to do with not caring for the comp scene and might have to do with me just really not liking ZeRo?

Or maybe that insulting people is probably not a good idea when mods are right around the corner?

Either way; on to a different observation of mine. This Smash game in particular seems to be running a completely different development cycle. It's possible they could have added characters to the planned roster mid-development, so I can see Rex & Pyra or an ARMS character showing up base game due to this fact.
I feel like Dev time this time around really doesn't restrict what can or can't be done.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Any new leaks, I’d even go for an obviously fake one just for laughs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys it's ok, it's just video games. Smash appeals to all types of players, let's all just enjoy what we're getting together. <3

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Alright let's get it back on track, so post game who do you see as DLC considering we don't have any "absentees" this time around?

I personally think it might be

Rex & Pyra
Edelgard
Spring Man? (I kind of want someone else like Twintelle or Min Min...or even Dr. Coyle (I get that Spring Man / Ribbon Girl are the poster characters, but they're kind of boring vs. the other cast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom