• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel like Dev time this time around really doesn't restrict what can or can't be done.
I do think this late in development is too late for anyone beyond echo fighters or who debuted after around October last year or so (Rex & Pyra wouldn't count as their game was close to release and thus the development on them for Smash would likely have already begun)

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It is known the roster is decided first then they go head on to programming. For all we know they started developing the game as soon as the Smash 4 DLC ended.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Inklings look seriously fun. I haven't played Splatoon all that much despite owning the 2nd game, but watching them in Smash I was all in. The game in general looks sped up but the Inklings looked so freakin fast.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I know some of us are running on the assumption that all (or very near all) stages are going to return alongside all veterans, and unfortunately one of my favs Brinstar Depths has not been seen yet. But like, I feel it's almost confirmed with that gorgeous new rendition posted on the Smash website, since Brinstar Depths only exists in Smash, it's not even an actual location name in the Metroid series. If they wanted the song, I doubt they would have named it after a Smash stage instead of just Kraid or Kraid's Hideout.

Basically, I just love the Melee Metroid stages and can't wait to play this version over as many things as the game will let me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright let's get it back on track, so post game who do you see as DLC considering we don't have any "absentees" this time around?

I personally think it might be

Rex & Pyra
Edelgard
Spring Man? (I kind of want someone else like Twintelle or Min Min...or even Dr. Coyle (I get that Spring Man / Ribbon Girl are the poster characters, but they're kind of boring vs. the other cast)
I think that, since they won't have to worry about old veterans, they'll go full promotion for their DLC fighters.

Not expecting too many, but I could see

1. Spring Man
2. Rex & Pyra
3. Edelgard
4. Gen 8 Pokemon
5. Third Party Character

D

Deleted member

Baldy from Baldys basics is a new character he must be
As a person who likes playing Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning...
I am sorry to break your dreams, it is literally an indie game not related to Nintendo.

?????????????

Smash Master
Alright let's get it back on track, so post game who do you see as DLC considering we don't have any "absentees" this time around?

I personally think it might be

Rex & Pyra
Edelgard
Spring Man? (I kind of want someone else like Twintelle or Min Min...or even Dr. Coyle (I get that Spring Man / Ribbon Girl are the poster characters, but they're kind of boring vs. the other cast)
Those are the same I’m expecting, although Opossum (I think) had an interesting theory about Edelgard being a Jagen, so I think we need a bit more info first.

Perhaps we’ll eventually see an “8th Gen Pokemon” as well.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I know some of us are running on the assumption that all (or very near all) stages are going to return alongside all veterans, and unfortunately one of my favs Brinstar Depths has not been seen yet. But like, I feel it's almost confirmed with that gorgeous new rendition posted on the Smash website, since Brinstar Depths only exists in Smash, it's not even an actual location name in the Metroid series. If they wanted the song, I doubt they would have named it after a Smash stage instead of just Kraid or Kraid's Hideout.

Basically, I just love the Melee Metroid stages and can't wait to play this version over as many things as the game will let me.
You can see Brinstar Depths behind Ridley's portrait in the website, so I think it's pretty much confirmed back. That is Brinstar Depths right? :confused:

Last edited:

Slavic

You can see Brinstar Depths behind Ridley's portrait in the website, so I think it's pretty much confirmed back. That is Brinstar Depths right? :confused:
I had to go look because that news would have made my night, but it looks like boring old shallow Brinstar unfortunately. An understandable confusion, since the names are very close

D

Deleted member

I am not to happy about inkling it will either be broke or will be a flop

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No, that’s the regular Brinstar, with the explosives you can blow up to separate the platform and the rising acid.

Brinstar Depths is the one with Kraid, right?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I had to go look because that news would have made my night, but it looks like boring old shallow Brinstar unfortunately. An understandable confusion, since the names are very close
Oh, my bad. The one you're talking about is with Kraid in the background right? If so I'd like to see it return too, just so I can get HD Kraid. The Metroid series forgot he exists lol.

Slavic

Yeah, Depths has Kraid... slamming? rotating? the stage around during the fight. It's also the location of the god-forsaken Cold Fusion event in Melee that haunts me. But the beats are killer, so I can forgive.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Kraid, that's always something that's bothered me about Metroid 'lore'.

Kraid's supposed to be a high ranking member of the space pirates but..... look at him. I doubt he can even leave Brinstar due to his immense size.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Speaking of Kraid, that's always something that's bothered me about Metroid 'lore'.

Kraid's supposed to be a high ranking member of the space pirates but..... look at him. I doubt he can even leave Brinstar due to his immense size.
I thought he was just the largest creature on Zebes.

Slavic

It was a joke a few days ago but like I could get down on an Ultimate-style redesign of Kraid for incorporation into Smash. But yeah, even more so than Ridley it's confounding he could be a part of any sort of organized crime or huge plot (maybe that's why Metroid dumped him).

?????????????

Smash Master
It was a joke a few days ago but like I could get down on an Ultimate-style redesign of Kraid for incorporation into Smash. But yeah, even more so than Ridley it's confounding he could be a part of any sort of organized crime or huge plot (maybe that's why Metroid dumped him).
Maybe the Space Pirates just have an absurdly large ship for all their gigantic members.

Or maybe...Kraid IS the ship!!

Slavic

When and if Brinstar Depths is shown for Ultimate, we'll basically have the entire cast of the original Metroid present which would be exciting (I assume Mother Brain is back as an AT?) Samus, Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, and even the lil Metroid

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When and if Brinstar Depths is shown for Ultimate, we'll basically have the entire cast of the original Metroid present which would be exciting (I assume Mother Brain is back as an AT?) Samus, Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, and even the lil Metroid
Mother Brain was shown off, in the GameExplain video. As well as among the streams.

Besides that, we just need Simon for the main Captain N protagonists. Of course, King HIppo and Eggplant Wizard as AT's/trophies would be cool too...

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Speaking of stages (I pretty much assume they will all come back), I cannot wait to see the 3DS Rainbow Road in HD. It would be spectacular.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is known the roster is decided first then they go head on to programming. For all we know they started developing the game as soon as the Smash 4 DLC ended.
I think they did. I mean Trinen said 4 year cycle, but that could've been misinterpretation.

However there was the job posting by Bandai Namco DURING the creation of DLC if I'm not mistaken for a Smash 6.

Internally Sakurai considers Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS separate games and thus they would be 4 and 5.

So I do think production started early with the knowledge of the Switch's kit and an intent to get everyone back in the game.

It'll be interesting to see just how much content does get into the game if THIS is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom