• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You are included in Smash Ultimate. But as an Echo fighter.

Which character are you based off of?
Robin.

Because I like to alternate between stabbing people and throwing books at them.

Shroob

Sup?
here's the problem with your statement you are factoring in your personal feelings. marvel and street fighter are kings of fgc. even when a game is deemed "bad" which includes a bunch of them it is still the most played and most watched. these games last longer than anything else outside the zombie that is melee. tekken has been king of 3d fighters for a while now but thats mostly because soulcalibur lost its identity for literally 15 years. soulcalibur will be back on top by 2019.
sorry tangent.
judging a game by hype is personal. i get bored watching dbfz outside of one character. i get bored watching melee it doesnt change that those two are 2 of the 3 biggest games out and will be at evo as well.
also side note the mk/injustice community never lasts long it doesnt have as many non causal fans as people think it does. Most people dont say "i want a fighter with good mechanics and controls, i know i'll play mortal kombat." its " look at that gory fatality and OMG superman and scorpion in the same game."
Eh, Marvel's lost its way. Unless they start showing MvsC2 or UMvsC3 again at EVO, Infinite is dead in the water, leaving the series in an awkward spot.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if someone's already done this, but I made a list of new music tracks and voice changes I found while scoping out all of the Smash Ultimate stuff. I listened through the Direct, the website, the individual character videos, and every gameplay video I could find, and this is what I got.

Brand New Music Tracks
Smash Ultimate Main Theme
Vega Stage remix (Street Fighter 2)
Brinstar Depths remix (Metroid)
Main Theme remix (Breath of the Wild)
Splattack! (Splatoon)
Delfino Plaza remix (Super Mario Sunshine)
Jump Up, Super Star (Super Mario Odyssey)
Luigi’s Mansion remix (Luigi’s Mansion)
Bowser Battle remix (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Destiny (Ablaze) remix (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Termina Field remix (Majora’s Mask)
Beyond the Distant Skies remix (Fire Emblem Binding Blade)
2:00 AM remix (Animal Crossing)
Woodman Stage remix (Mega Man 2)
Id (Purpose) remix (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Duck Hunt Medley remix (Duck Hunt)
Lost in Thoughts All Alone or End of All remix (Fire Emblem Fates)
Splattack! remix (Splatoon)
Vs. Ridley remix (Metroid series)

The first 4 tracks listed are on the Smash Ultimate website, the next 2 are are in the direct, and the rest are in the individual character videos. There are also new tracks in the individual character videos for Daisy, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Toon Link, and Wii Fit Trainer that I had trouble identifying, so if anyone knows what tracks they are, feel free to say so.

Regarding voice acting, my discoveries are more limited, but I do have some things. Mario, Ness, Pit, Sonic, Cloud, Bayonetta, and both Corrins have the same voice clips as they did in Smash 4. Ice Climbers have the same voice clips as they did in Brawl. Bowser has animalistic voice clips again, but I couldn’t tell if they were recycled from a previous game. Inklings have the same voices as they do in Splatoon and Splatoon 2.

Yuri Lowenthal reprises his role as the English voice for Marth, as does Greg Chun for Ike. David Hayter reprises his role as Snake. Kengo Takanashi reprises his role as Link. I’m almost certain that Takashi Nagasako came back to voice Ganondorf again. Zelda has a new voice actress, but I don’t know who it is. Sheik and Fox have new voice clips too, but I’m pretty sure it’s still Jun Mizusawa and Mike West.

And that’s all I have. Again, if you have anything else, feel free to add to it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since all of these Assist Trophies and Items are getting special backgrounds, I sure hope Andross is updated to have his background from Star Fox.

A Giygas assist trophy would be sick too.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Eh, Marvel's lost its way. Unless they start showing MvsC2 or UMvsC3 again at EVO, Infinite is dead in the water, leaving the series in an awkward spot.
Marvel will be back. it helps that capcom is on a roll right now. capcom should back away from marvel versus at this point and do cvs 3 or something.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Since all of these Assist Trophies and Items are getting special backgrounds, I sure hope Andross is updated to have his background from Star Fox.

Unfortunately, Andross was already shown and there was no background change :(

I really like the Galaga one though! There are so many really nice cosmetic changes in this game.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please explain to me why in the trailer it said "We are trying to get Miis online" WHY DO THEY NEED TO TRY???

I heard it's because they don't want swastikas and racism but I see it all the time in other Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8, so why is Smash different

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You are included in Smash Ultimate. But as an Echo fighter.

Which character are you based off of?
Prolly Falco bc I'm often a snarky asshole who also happens to be particularly fond of the idea of flying.

Either that or Pokemon Trainer because I can never make up my mind :p

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

My very first thought when I saw how far Ultimate is going with these alt backgrounds is that Giygas could potentially have the perfect Final Smash for it.
Though him even getting in as an AT feels kind of unlikely, admittedly.

Last edited:

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
Marvel will be back. it helps that capcom is on a roll right now. capcom should back away from marvel versus at this point and do cvs 3 or something.
Is Capcom doing something about their fighting game department? Cause all their fighting games after MVC3 did awful.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Also, I haven't commented on this yet. For starters, I've always liked clones. I really like the idea of characters fine tuning the properties of another to fit a slightly different playstyle.

Now to the the main topic of Echo Clones and why I think people are latching to them more. I think why people seem to be more okay with them is because there is now a set distinction pointing out that these characters are extras who took next to no time to make. Sure, many of us knew that they took little to no time to make, but that's because those of us here care enough to look into the developer interviews and whatnot. This new distinction makes it clearer to the average fans eye that these clones exist because they require little work. It's now vibrantly clear to see what the purpose of the "Echo Clones" is, whereas it may not have been as clear in the past to the average person.

That's my two-cents on the whole thing. Just a nice official clarification for filthy casuals :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can someone please explain to me why in the trailer it said "We are trying to get Miis online" WHY DO THEY NEED TO TRY???

I heard it's because they don't want swastikas and racism but I see it all the time in other Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8, so why is Smash different
Maybe they realized they can just let you fight with the default Miis only. :061: I mean, I get the idea with all them being based on your own customized character, but for competitive scenes it doesn't really matter what your Mii is.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Is Capcom doing something about their fighting game department? Cause all their fighting games after MVC3 did awful.
SF5 is doing well. its bringing in money and is the top fighter on most twitch counts outside evo. but melee wont be on espn so still la huge gap there. i dont know of any changes at capcom fighting games but it could happen. nintendo is in a good place to possibly open a nintendo vs capcom game. would be awesome and i could have bayonetta fight dante.

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice

I remember reading to an article that said something about balancing. IIRC they weren't sure if the custom movesets were balanced enough for FG and FF and that's why they limited them to just local play.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory: the reason why Mr. Saturn is on the the Smash Ultimate poster is because he's a placeholder until Ninten gets revealed.
That sorta raises something I've been wondering. Do you think the new characters, upon reveal, will get added to this mural?

I mean Ridley and Daisy weren't there when it was first seen in the Direct.

Shroob

Sup?
That sorta raises something I've been wondering. Do you think the new characters, upon reveal, will get added to this mural?

I think that answer is pretty obvious since both Daisy and Ridley got added.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So who's going to be the first wiseguy to determine the amount of viable space on that artwork for newcomers now? :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I'd like to think that's the case tbh. Assuming Simon Belmont being in is real, I can't quite figure out where you'd put him on the mural. Maybe squeeze him in the space where Bayonetta and Mewtwo are?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, Mr. Saturn is on the poster?

*looks*

Well I'll be damned
Mr. Saturn was always very prominent in Smash for an NPC. Might be something to do with him being most popular choise for a Mother fighter pre-Melee.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They more than likely already have all the alternate versions done with characters moved slightly to fit others in.
Yeah, I looked at the original and Duck Hunt was shifted to make room for Ridley.

The final thing is gonna be a sight to behold.

Would someone bother to post earlier versions of the mural?
The original is just the scrolling version from the Direct. I guess someone could get some screencaps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom