• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

SHiek's FS

RIP chrom theory. Some FS just arent shown because reasons.
(should I tag Opo so he doesnt get his hopes up?)
:061:
I don't think that entirely disproves the Chrom theory. Until we actually see Robin's FS, it's up in the air.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

SHiek's FS

RIP chrom theory. Some FS just arent shown because reasons.
(should I tag Opo so he doesnt get his hopes up?)
:061:
wait, what part of the video disconfirms chrom? tried skimming it but robin doesn't show up (unless im blind lol), it's just fox vs sheik battles

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sorry to go back to the ZSS topic, but yeah, just checked the Japanese ZSS video, and it has way less dislikes (Keep in mind Bayo still has a similar amount of likes vs dislikes between her English and Japanese video, it's just ZSS with this huge difference from what I can tell), which makes no sense if there's an issue people are actually mad about, so I'm betting on it just being a extremely dedicated person with a army of alternate accounts who just really, REALLY hates Zero Suit Samus for whatever reason.

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry to go back to the ZSS topic, but yeah, just checked the Japanese ZSS video, and it has way less dislikes (Keep in mind Bayo still has a similar amount of likes vs dislikes between her English and Japanese video, it's just ZSS with this huge difference from what I can tell), which makes no sense if there's an issue people are actually mad about, so I'm betting on it just being a extremely dedicated person with a army of alternate accounts who just really, REALLY hates Zero Suit Samus for whatever reason.
Or, it could be a difference in culture, since, ya know, America is kinda ergh rn.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
13+ newcomers has the most votes on the poll.
I'm sorry, but y'all are setting expectations to high.
I think we'll get 3 or 4 more newcomers at most.

---
This thread has been around a long time, as well as that poll. Knowing what we know now, it'd probably look a lot different

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to make a confession. My most secret wanted character wasn't ever Waluigi.

I wanted the Regginator, the Reggie from that one Nintendo Direct where he was a cyborg/robot type of person. I wanted him to be equipped with all the unused Nintendo Peripherals and unrelated misc. stuff like using the Zap Gun or the Nintendo LABo or the Wiimote as a lightsaber. Or I guess I can just make him a Mii and wallow in sadness. Completely serious about this though, I like the idea a lot. :rotfl:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
13+ newcomers has the most votes on the poll.
I'm sorry, but y'all are setting expectations to high.
I think we'll get 3 or 4 more newcomers at most.

---
Id have to agree though id say 4-6 as Ridley, Daisy and inkling already cover 3 so one more isnt very exciting, Im expecting 3 more or 2 after (including new Echos) as well as confirmed DLC where we could see new characters as well.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold well, not denying that, but the competitive scene died out faster than Smash 4's at the same rate.
that is just plain not true. marvel 3 came out in 2011 and had large events until 2016. it still can draw more players than injustice and tekken routinely at majors.

Shroob

Sup?
that is just plain not true. marvel 3 came out in 2011 and had large events until 2016. it still can draw more players than injustice and tekken routinely at majors.
Not to piss on Injustice or Tekken, but Injustice always seems anti-hype compared to Mortal Kombat to me, and Tekken has just honest to god never seen to be 'huge' here compared to the likes of its rival, Street Fighter.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
wait, what part of the video disconfirms chrom? tried skimming it but robin doesn't show up (unless im blind lol), it's just fox vs sheik battles
It doesn't. It just throws a slight wrench into the notion that certain final smashes were deliberately being kept hidden for specific reasons.

Chrom himself still hasn't technically shown up yet, we haven't seen Robin's FS to confirm, and Ike's Chrom palette also happens to be gone.

So there's still that slim possibility.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You are included in Smash Ultimate. But as an Echo fighter.

Which character are you based off of?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
completely forgot thats how the build works. who are the confirmed playable chars in this build?
Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Ness, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Sheik, Zelda, Marth, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Pit, Snake, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Inkling, Ridley

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Is that seriously it?

Like are they upset that she's a woman? Did they miss the last two games? Or the many Metroid games before that?

I don't understand.
Not that she's a woman, but that she's less sexualized (see the comment I quoted below if you hadn't already read it for some reason)

That is absolutely not it.

Quit this tripe. I have to put up with this **** literally everywhere else, I’m not going to deal with it here.

“Liberals” think sexualizing women is wrong but also that women should be able to walk around with their shirts off and **** indiscriminately with no consequences.

“Conservatives” think that women should be covered up and not display their assets but also that women should be hot and busty and whatever.

Surprise! You can put any label on anyone you want to disagree with. This is a forum where we talk about cartoon dragons impaling robots that look like 12-year-old children.
I am confused by this. I wasn't endorsing that opinion, if anything I was being slightly dismissive of it
I said:
...or something like that
I'm as sick of that nonsense as you are, but if you're going to rant about it, which you are entitled to, you would be more effective if you made sure you were aiming it at the right person. All I was trying to do was explain how other people might feel, but I definitely wasn't justifying it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I squealed when I saw that Pichu was back, but I never knew how happy I'd be that Pokemon Trainer is returning. He was one of the most interesting newcomers, and the fact that he is the sole transformation fighter makes him even more unique.

I'm also glad that Pichu still damages himself. It's adorable and it feels good to know you've won a battle with a character who has a deliberate handicap. I can't wait to see people win tournaments with him.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd be an echo fighter of :pichumelee: trying my best and hurting myself in the process.

And looking cute af while doing it too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm also glad that Pichu still damages himself. It's adorable and it feels good to know you've on a battle with a character who has a deliberate handicap. I can't wait to see people win tournaments with him.
Woah now, let's not get too hasty. :4pacman:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Already added this to the Sheik subforum, but I found a video of her new Final Smash that I was talking about earlier today:

Sheik out here looking like Strider.

R A G N A R O K

You are included in Smash Ultimate. But as an Echo fighter.

Which character are you based off of?
Whoever is god tier by the end of the game's lifespan :^)

Completely irrelevant to the post: in case anyone couldn't tell, people are disliking Samus' and Snake's videos because some of their... physical assets got nerfed. A silly thing to dislike a video for, but whatever.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Not to piss on Injustice or Tekken, but Injustice always seems anti-hype compared to Mortal Kombat to me, and Tekken has just honest to god never seen to be 'huge' here compared to the likes of its rival, Street Fighter.
here's the problem with your statement you are factoring in your personal feelings. marvel and street fighter are kings of fgc. even when a game is deemed "bad" which includes a bunch of them it is still the most played and most watched. these games last longer than anything else outside the zombie that is melee. tekken has been king of 3d fighters for a while now but thats mostly because soulcalibur lost its identity for literally 15 years. soulcalibur will be back on top by 2019.
sorry tangent.
judging a game by hype is personal. i get bored watching dbfz outside of one character. i get bored watching melee it doesnt change that those two are 2 of the 3 biggest games out and will be at evo as well.
also side note the mk/injustice community never lasts long it doesnt have as many non causal fans as people think it does. Most people dont say "i want a fighter with good mechanics and controls, i know i'll play mortal kombat." its " look at that gory fatality and OMG superman and scorpion in the same game."

also since i saw someone mention it pikachu, shiek, ness, mewtwo, inkling, and bayo jump out to me in the demo as being good. ganon benefits a lot from "borrowing" ike smash attacks. i guess the king of evil can afford to pay for some sword lessons from a mercenary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom