• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Vergerbergle said one source told him about Ridley, another said "Ridley, Ice Climbers, Snake, and Simon".

If someone knew about Snake and Ice Climbers, they'd know about Pichu, Young Link, and "Everyone is here". I'm calling his second source fake.

I disagree.

On the grounds that the demo CSS has Ridley, Ice Climbers, and Snake AND has a staggered final row missing only ONE character slot to make the whole CSS square... I think Simon was held off being revealed for some reason.

I think whoever "leaked" those 4 characters to vergeben knew only who was suppose to be playable at E3/part of this demo and Simon was initially part of that. this would explain why they did NOT know the other information about everyone returning, they had seen demo info NOT the reveal trailer info.

o1fr05q9pl311.png

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So...

This video has more dislikes than Bayonetta.

Why?
I think a lot of people don’t like that Zero Suit is stronger than the actual Samus. It makes sense from a competitive perspective that she would be faster (despite the fact that the suit makes her faster and more agile even without the speed booster) but Samus routinely lands much lower than her unsuited counterpart on the tier list because her moveset just isn’t great and she keeps getting ****ty unnecessary nerfs without getting buffs to compensate. If her Super Missiles can’t kill this time I’m dropping her completely for Ridley instead of doing a secondary thing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
"This is the future liberals want" or something to that effect. Some people get quite upset about that sort of thing, as it turns out.
Is that seriously it?

Like are they upset that she's a woman? Did they miss the last two games? Or the many Metroid games before that?

I don't understand.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I mean, I just care that she's fun to play. I like using Zelda.
You should consider yourself in luck then, for she looks fun to play as always. :p
So...

This video has more dislikes than Bayonetta.

Why?
WOAH, that's a lot of dislikes, I'm not sure but I'd guess it's because she looks unnerfed here and a lot of competitive Smash 4 players hate playing against the current ZSS? Then again, why more hate than Bayonetta? Maybe it's a MariotehPlumber-esque individual going against the world with a army of alternate accounts? I don't think I know what's going on lol.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I disagree.

On the grounds that the demo CSS has Ridley, Ice Climbers, and Snake AND has a staggered final row missing only ONE character slot to make the whole CSS square... I think Simon was held off being revealed for some reason.

I think whoever "leaked" those 4 characters to vergeben knew only who was suppose to be playable at E3/part of this demo and Simon was initially part of that. this would explain why they did NOT know the other information about everyone returning, they had seen demo info NOT the reveal trailer info.

View attachment 148236
No way. Would not happen. If Simon was meant to be playable, he'd have been in the Direct. There's no way that would have been re-edited to remove him on short notice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is that seriously it?

Like are they upset that she's a woman? Did they miss the last two games? Or the many Metroid games before that?

I don't understand.
He means the breast reduction.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Short answer? Breast reduction.
They moved her boobs to make room for ridley
Are people really getting mad not only about Samus being portrayed more accurately to her original character, but also a more realistic interpretation of a woman in general?
skinner.jpg

She's meant to be buff and fit as hell, and her decreased breasts / increased muscles reflect that. The way her breasts worked in Smash 4 isn't how breasts work.
Muscular thighs are better than fake balloon boobs by a long mile
I want her to crush my head in between her thighs

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Are people really getting mad not only about Samus being portrayed more accurately to her original character, but also a more realistic interpretation of a woman in general?
View attachment 148237
She's meant to be buff and fit as hell, and her decreased breasts / increased muscles reflect that. The way her breasts worked in Smash 4 isn't how breasts work.
Muscular thighs are better than fake balloon boobs by a long mile
I want her to crush my head in between her thighs
tfw no macho gf to crush your pathetic head like a melon

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Is that seriously it?

I don't understand.
That is absolutely not it.
"This is the future liberals want" or something to that effect. Some people get quite upset about that sort of thing, as it turns out.
Quit this tripe. I have to put up with this **** literally everywhere else, I’m not going to deal with it here.

“Liberals” think sexualizing women is wrong but also that women should be able to walk around with their shirts off and **** indiscriminately with no consequences.

“Conservatives” think that women should be covered up and not display their assets but also that women should be hot and busty and whatever.

Surprise! You can put any label on anyone you want to disagree with. This is a forum where we talk about cartoon dragons impaling robots that look like 12-year-old children.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I disagree.

View attachment 148236
Besides the already mentioned unlikelyness of pulling Simon from an early build, why didn't the leaker also mention Pokemon Trainer? He's on the CSS.

Also I'm pretty sure it's confirmed the compilation game is Hyper Sports R. Or at the very least there aren't any new Castlevania games on the Switch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He means the breast reduction.
I just don't get the point of getting upset about the cup size of a fictional female woman. Big or small.

I mean yes sometimes it gets ridiculous, but as long as the character themselves is quality, I don't personally care.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nothing more wholesome and thought-provoking than a conversation on Samus' boobs.

But seriously, since those videos have comments disabled, we will never know what people's actual reasoning for disliking the video.

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't get the point of getting upset about the cup size of a fictional female woman. Big or small.

I mean yes sometimes it gets ridiculous, but as long as the character themselves is quality, I don't personally care.
You may not care, but this is the internet, where manchildren roam free like the bison pre-settlers.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Made a prediction roster with all the new Smash renders, and it looks absolutely ****ing tight and sick:

This was worth two hours of my time editing.
This is looking excellent! If you get time, you should order them by their numbers too as I get the feeling that might be how the CSS will look in this game.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't like where this conversation is going. So let's change that. Let's talk about Ganondorf regaining his glorious nose.

D

Deleted member 269706

Still can't find any captain falcon footage, I'm getting impatient

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The change in model is definitely made to reflect her Samus Return’s look.
Should have gave regular Samus her Samus Returns outfit. It's much better than the one she's using in game. Though it's still an improvement over Smash 4's Samus model. Seems a bit beefier, less Other M'y.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is looking excellent! If you get time, you should order them by their numbers too as I get the feeling that might be how the CSS will look in this game.
I absolutely loathe the roster organization with characters organized by first appearance/reveal in Smash Ultimate. There is major dissonance when I look at the way the roster looks in the E3 demo build. Thanks for the suggestion, but I need to keep my sanity intact. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Simon can easily be shown later. There's no reason to believe it's "e3 or never".

Though the Castlevania games not showing is an actual knock to Verg's leak.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't like where this conversation is going. So let's change that. Let's talk about Ganondorf regaining his glorious nose.
His nose is good, but they brought in OoT Ganon for this Final Smash, and that is by far my favorite Ganon incarnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom