• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
With less than 11 hours until the grand reveal, what are your top 12 things you want to see included in the reveal trailer?

1. Ridley
2. SSE sequel.
3. Snake
4. BOTW moveset Link
5. Release Date
6. Decidueye
7. Return of Target smash
8. Return of smash 4 classic mode.
9. Crash Bandicoot
10. Cool cinematics
11. Boss fight mode from Brawl
12. Mashpotato Samurai

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I’ve found that getting excited about things that probably won’t happen leads to heartbreak. As stupid as it sounds, my heart ****ing sank when I saw the Pyrosphere shadow, and I don’t want to have to waste that sort of emotion on a video game of all things again. Ridley is pretty much the only thing that could make me interested enough in this game to buy it (other than showing completely overhauled gameplay or that it’s ****ing 3D or something) so here’s hoping. Best of luck, fellow Space Pirates, and never forget the wise, relevant words of High Command:

Metroids are not pets.

Metroids are not target practice.

And also Ridley in Smash Bros would be cool.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Random last minute predictions who could be announced, since I won't be able to watch it live...

• Ice Climbers
  • Ridley
  • Simon Belmont
  • Snake
  • Bomberman
  • Wolf
  • Takamaru
  • Ashley
  • Captain Toad

And for the super 'out there' predictions...
  • Zero
  • Knuckles
  • Sub-Zero
  • Jacky
  • Kyo Kusanagi (P I P E D R E A M)

Have fun getting hype, everyone :yeahboi:

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Your Obsession isn't even healthy anymore. You seem like an Memoryman3-alt

Just working my shift until I can go home and enjoy the presentation with some friends over. Here is hoping for Ridley, but after all those years I am cautious.
Having a favorite character that you hope to see at the reveal =\= Memoryman3 alt. He isn’t harassing or bothering anyone so I don’t see why you felt the need to call him out like that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Literally everyone: Zelda's moveset is trash, change it, also we don't need any more clones
Me, hiding my Toon Zelda dreams behind my back: Huh? Yeah, me too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone have sneaked in E3 Nintendo event's staff to see its secrets?
Yeah, in fact, I even got an image of the new character we are going to get. However, I am putting it in a spoiler tag just in case Nintendo ninja or the Regginator are watching us right now, so, be careful!

:troll:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, in fact, I even got an image of the new character we are going to get. However, I am putting it in a spoiler tag just in case Nintendo ninja or the Regginator are watching us right now, so, be careful!

:troll:
This is the most weirdest and grotesque thing ever.
A Chimera of the most wanted Smash Bros characters.

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
It is insane how we know pretty much nothing about the game and we get to see it all today. And by the years end we will be playing it!

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
The initial Smash Bros. Switch trailer has more views on YouTube than the first 3DS/Wii U trailer (impressive when you consider the fact that the 3DS/Wii U trailer had more characters and actual gameplay).

My only annoyance with Smash Bros. trailers is that the Smash Bros. YouTube Channel isn't actually active, so it just redirects to Nintendo's YouTube, but you don't actually see the videos in the video list along with everything else. I wonder when they'll fix that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But you can't use fsmash in the air or reverse it a bunch of times for BM/"mindgames." Doesn't Punch also have much better range?
Falcon Punch does have transcendent priority, but Captain Falcon doesn't get any armor during the start-up period. As such, it's more of a situational attack in the long run.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Dear Nintendo,

Show me your moves.
Predictions:
-a mindblowing third party character that no one saw coming

-release date being sometime in or around September

-Captain Falcon's knee getting buffed (please God)

-Adventure Mode with multiplayer
-minigames
-wavedashing (I can dream right?)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I’ve been seeing a lot of “rumors” from sources pop up saying that this direct will be disappointing and not to keep our hopes up, but they also said Smash will have a major presence. That’s all I’m interested in so I’m good, I’ll just make sure to stay off /v/ afterwards.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It is almost time for a new Smash Bros. The atmosphere feels bittersweet around me today. I hope the extensive research I did for Smash speculation pays off to some degree. I am crossing my fingers for the best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’ve been seeing a lot of “rumors” from sources pop up saying that this direct will be disappointing and not to keep our hopes up, but they also said Smash will have a major presence. That’s all I’m interested in so I’m good, I’ll just make sure to stay off /v/ afterwards.
I think Liam Robertson or whatever his last name is was talking about the amount of people expecting a new Animal Crossing. TBF the Switch is perfect for Animal Crossing so I get their hype

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But it's fun.
It depends on the individual though. On my end, I did modify Palutena's moveset so that most of her normal attacks have less start-up lag; excluding the specials, only her smash attacks take longer than frame 8 to activate their hitboxes, while the neutral attack's jab hits as early as frame 3.

Counter receives less start-up lag so that the counter window begins sooner. As for the counterattack, no more sourspot, and the knockback is improved so that if Palutena were to counter something as damaging as Ganondorf's Reverse Warlock Punch, the counterattack would likely 1-hit KO him.

Her grabs also come out quicker, with the standing grab grabbing on frame 6, tied with a good portion of fighters for the quickest grab.

Other changes include changing the f-tilt so that it deals multiple hits, and the f-air deals better damage, making it more viable for KOing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I’ve been seeing a lot of “rumors” from sources pop up saying that this direct will be disappointing and not to keep our hopes up, but they also said Smash will have a major presence.
HOLD IT!

Your honor, that last statement contained a blatant contradiction!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone else thinking that this "disappointment" is code speak for "No Metroid Prime 4 stuff"?

Cause I already expected that. Can't be disappointed by something you don't think is coming.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anyone else thinking that this "disappointment" is code speak for "No Metroid Prime 4 stuff"?

Cause I already expected that. Can't be disappointed by something you don't think is coming.
They can take just as long as they did with BotW for all I care. I'd rather have a Metroid game worthy of GotY instead of a repeat of Other M.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman

Personally I expect a short teaser that's more than a logo, and maaaaaaaybe an early 2019 release window, but probably nothing else.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Here are my quick predictions.

Characters
  • Newcomers: Spring Man, Rex and Pyra, Decidueye (but it could be any Gen Pokemon), Takamaru and Isabelle. These are just the ones in my sig.
  • New Zelda character will be shown at E3
  • At least 25 characters will be shown at E3. All the characters in the silhouette will be shown (though I think everyone mistaked Villager for Ness)
  • Think there will be 10 Newcomers in total. Roster (on release) is in the low to mid 50s.
  • This game will have more cuts than any other Smash game
  • Samus will be based on Samus Returns and Zelda will be based on BoTW. Her moveset will likely change a bit
  • Link's moves wont change much. Mostly minor things. Same specials (at least in concept)
  • Mario gets the cap throw
  • Fox and Falco's design will change slightly to fit Star Fox Zero
  • There will be no new Fire Emblem character
  • New guest character is from Octopath Traveler
Stages
  • New Donk City will get a stage. One of the first ones shown
  • Metroid stage will be based on Samus Returns
  • Gormott will be a stage similar to Gaur Plains. Probably have swimming with the Could Sea
  • Zelda stage will have weather (based on BoTW of course)
  • Fire Emblem stage will be based on Fates
  • Pokemon stage will be Alola Leauge. Work similar to the Kalos stage
  • Pokemon Go will have a stage
  • There will be a stage based on Mario Party
  • Animal Crossing stage will be based on Happy Home Designer where you fight around houses (think Onett)
  • There will be two Splatoon stages. Likely one from 1 and the other from 2. One will be shown at E3
  • ARMS stage will be Breaker Beach (Byte and Bark's stage in ARMS)
Items
  • 1-2-Switch will get an assist trophy.
  • At least one of the Champions from BoTW will be an assist trophy: probably Ravali or Urbosa
  • Nia will be an assist trophy for Xenoblade
  • Codename STEAM will get an assist trophy
  • Dillon is still an assist trophy
  • New item - HP Juice from ARMS and will function similarly
  • New item - cameras from Star Fox Guard. Will replace the eye turret
  • One of the weapons from BoTW will be an item. Will eventually break with the last hit being stronger. Will glow red before breaking
  • Cracker Launcher comes back
Modes (Other)
  • Big new mode will be co-op focused for two players. Probably something similar to adventure mode
  • Smash Run will return. Will focus on each player having their own screen. The team idea from 3DS/Wii U will return
  • BoxBoy will just be a trophy
  • 8 Player Smash doesn't return
  • For Fun and For Glory will still exist but will be altered some for this game. For Glory will better cater to competitive players
  • Will probably have some sort of "SmashFest" every 3-4 weeks where players can pick sides and fight. May be similar to Conquest
  • Spectator Mode will return
  • Smash Bros will use the Online phone app
  • Smash will go radio silent after E3. May have something similar to the pic of the day. Major announcement will be saved for a Smash Bros Direct later in the year
  • Will release Dec 7th 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom