• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
[QUOTE

It's this one.
View attachment 147023

And the internet will in fact break during Ridley's reveal but not for the reasons we hoped for.
[/QUOTE]
I would both be heartbroken and laugh my butt off if this happened. Technically, we WOULD have gotten Ridley.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
If Smash Bros Switch included Smash Run, that this includes levels based on games from the included characters and bosses like Subspace Emissary.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
9 up
After reading more of /v/, it's definitely looking like Vergeben leak was right.
The fact that there's 2 konami titles coming to switch (one is likely a MGS compilation and the other is likely a new castlevania) makes vergeben's leak about simon and snake extremely likely.
The E3 Konami page even specifically mentions Castlevania (which hasn't had a game in forever right?) And Metal Gear, while leaving out a series like Bomberman who has had recent games....hmmmmm.

It also mentions Yughio so I guess Yugi for Smash 5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
After reading more of /v/, it's definitely looking like Vergeben leak was right.
The fact that there's 2 konami titles coming to switch (one is likely a MGS compilation and the other is likely a new castlevania) makes vergeben's leak about simon and snake extremely likely.
If both of these games are a thing, I'd love it. I've been meaning to get into MGS and Castlevania for a long time now.

Also, if this means Snake being playable, I'd be overjoyed.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Did the vergeben leak say all the vets from smash 4 would return?? That alone would make me happy (would still get the game if we didn’t even get any newcomers)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Sakurai shows up with Snake, Ice Climbers. That's two veterans.

Ridley is one Nintendo newcomer.

Simon is a third party newcomer.

Like that's a good showing for him, but something tells me?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is Smash Run better than Subspace Emissary?
IMO yes. It was fun and didn't feel tedious.

I just wish that Smash Run had more stages besides that one gigantic arena. I want to see gigantic arenas based on other franchises... kinda like Underground Maze from Melee's Adventure Mode.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm still not going to subscribe to the Vega leak, simply because I don't believe in leaks until proven true, but it does sound really possible and really hype.

I'm not gonna update my roster for any of this until after E3 though, it'd be a mess if I kept updating it like I used to.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If they do a big sexy Brawl-esque trailer and just drop a ton of newcomers, I could definitely see more than 4 being announced.

because we're about to get starved again til release once E3 is over

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Inb4 cold reveal of a new Castlevania, then Simon ends up in the fire room staring down the silhouettes.

On that note, isn't it funny to see how the Ridley discussion has taken such dramatic course over 17 years & 4 installments? Back in the Brawl days & resurging thru Smash 4, the majority though the idea of Ridley was ridiculous, and would constantly tack on his size, status, and then some. Now its settled down to the point where most people are indifferent or warming up to him, corroborated by interpretations of Sakurai's Famitsu columns indicating effort & fondness through past titles.

I always like to consider politics as an analogue to Smash specula. If the sun finally dawns upon Ridley next Tuesday, it'll be like the Civil Rights Act of all Smash Bros. fandom.

But remember, kids! Even if the 3 suspects aren't in the reveal trailer, why does that mean they can't come later?

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not going to subscribe to the Vega leak, simply because I don't believe in leaks until proven true, but it does sound really possible and really hype.

I'm not gonna update my roster for any of this until after E3 though, it'd be a mess if I kept updating it like I used to.
You're very smart. I've been hoping and wishing for Ridley for waaay too long to just take a 'leak' as gospel truth. Not happening.

but I'm still freaking hyped...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't forget that outside of the invitational and the E3 direct, the Treehouse starting directly after the presentation will start off with Smash Bros gameplay.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
On the other hand, him being in the show is part of why I want him in Smash. To have the full Captain N team there.

...R.O.B. can substitute for Gameboy. >.> Though who can substitute for Lana and Captain N himself is harder to say...
If we get Simon and Mii's are still in I fully expect them to use a Mii gunner for Captain N in the inevitable Captain N referencing site pic/trailer beat/event match/whatever. Might even give the gunners a jacket and jeans costume for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reveal every single starter character and stage

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
A Smash Bros. game that has a third party line up of Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Simon Belmont, Snake, and Cloud might just make me cry.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last week On a 4chan thread, the anon who do the picture compilation managed to get into contact with Vergeben on GameFaqs PM and got this information.
"An unknown third party game that no one know about or information have been given is on the showfloor, if this title leaks, it would make a "chain reaction" to his claim"
He asked everyone to go and leak that game because if it's confirmed, it would make a "chain reaction" to the Vergeben leaks.
The hint we got was "Third party game, not new, compilation, not a Square Title" and said that "we're going closer" when an anon said that it could be a Konami title
Probably confirming it- not deconfirming anything.
And Today we learn that Konami have a Compilation unnanounced game on Switch on the showfloor...Quite the coincidence right?

That's...Exactly what a compilation mean dude LMAO a compilation of old game.

You mean...there's may be something about the vergeben leak!

I'm still going to consider it fake until I see it

But can I got a clearer explanation of what it means?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If they do a big sexy Brawl-esque trailer and just drop a ton of newcomers, I could definitely see more than 4 being announced.

because we're about to get starved again til release once E3 is over
Oh man, I'd forgotten how awesome it all was.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What if Nintendo joined in on the "X vs Capcom" games? "Smash Brothers: Nintendo x Capcom", I imagine, would look something like this:
NintendoVersusCapcom.png

(This is NOT what I think is gonna happen, just a fun idea). If they did, who do you think would be in from Smash Bros? And who do you think would be cut?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

You mean...there's may be something about the vergeben leak!

I'm still going to consider it fake until I see it

But can I got a clearer explanation of what it means?
Anon in close contact with Vergeben on 4chan notes that his leaker leaked to him a new 3rd party compilation title coming to switch that was yet to be announced
In the E3 show plans there's a new compilation title coming to nintendo switch, and in addition another new action/adventure title coming as well.
In addition more konami titles coming to switch means increased likelihood of third parties from konami entering super smash bros anyway, highly increasing the chances of snake from the get go.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I am so glad I banked on Vergeben the moment I saw the leak posted. I am hoping it becomes true.

(Although I will not get full-bragging rights for it.)
Oh wait, you believe in the leak? I'll be taking that as a sign that the leak is legitimate then, you got Bayonetta right afterall lol.

domriver

Smash Lord
OMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGO this is sooo excitingggggggggggggggggg jejejjejejvahsahnidasjfdadfa :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

ill compose myself - gotta logg offf smashboards dont want to see and potential true spoilers but but i cant resist :cry::idea:damn this place!@!!! :evil:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What gives this recent leak more credibility than the others?
It back up Vergeben's claim.

AHEM Anyway!
TIME FOR OUR DAILY FAKE LEAK OF THE DAY! Right from 4chan

Anon from 4chan who don't know how to use 4chan said:
Tried to post this the other day,don't know how 4chan works very well so my apologies in advance if this isn't formatted right or whatever.

Saw the trailer for Smash that's gonna get shown at E3, only got to see it once, opens up mid fight up an icy mountain, everyones fighting for a Smash Ball up at the top, you can see main characters fighting their respective villians for the most part, I saw Little Mac for a second too, and Mario tosses Bowser by the tail into a group of Melee/64 veterans and the Inklings (which were turning into squids trying to get up the mountain with ink, Link shoots a bomb arrow at them and knocks them off) and gets closer before Ice Climbers stomps on his head surprisingly and get close to the icy peak

Ridley snatches the Smash Ball and starts glowing, tail whips ice climbers down the mountain and Samus gets up after the Bowser toss, looks up, and charges a blast towards Ridley as he starts flying down.

Didn't see anything else after the trailer so may have only seen part, I'm assuming there will be a 3rd party reveal because it's E3 but I didn't see anything in what I saw.

If you have any specific questions about the trailer I'll try and describe more specifically - characters I know I saw were Mario, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Link, Little Mac, Marth, Samus, Ice Climbers, Ridley. I thought I saw Captain Falcon and Wario too but am not 100% about Wario, close to 100% about Falcon.

I know most people don't believe leaks, but I'll try and be transparent where I can, and I also don't want to make anything too obvious to be caught violating my NDA. About 25 other people were in the room with me watching so I think I have enough strength in numbers to tell you guys because I'm pumped.

Mario, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Link, Little Mac, Marth, Samus, Ice Climbers (returning veteran), I think Captain Falcon and Wario - new characters I saw was that squid inkling (I know it's from Splatoon but never played it) and Ridley at the end, and they highlighted Ice Climbers for some reason as if it was new
Worth talking about? While it's probably 100% fake...Could this explain the "Heroes vs Vilain will makes sense at E3" theme?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey before we get all bent out of shape about Vergeben being real, can someone track down the 4chan thread where someone talked to him about the Konami games? Not to throw shade at Nekoo Nekoo here but I'd like to actually see evidence of the claim before I get my "Ridley actually made it" party supplies ready.

There's also the possibility that someone on 4chan either lied or impersonated Vergeben for attention, so let's not get ahead of ourselves yet until we fully investigate this.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys as much as I want Ridley in the game he's a little too similar to Charizard, right? Both dragons with a similar color spectrum. He'll probably end up a clone :(

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
OMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGO this is sooo excitingggggggggggggggggg jejejjejejvahsahnidasjfdadfa :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

ill compose myself - gotta logg offf smashboards dont want to see and potential true spoilers but but i cant resist :cry::idea:damn this place!@!!! :evil:
Seriously, it's the people here. I just love 'em all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There are so many people here, it's kinda nice to have such an audience for my amazing wit.

Uh...

Gosh darnit now I have nothing witty to say.

How about that Ridley leak huh? That's a BIG ONE HAHAHA

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Hey before we get all bent out of shape about Vergeben being real, can someone track down the 4chan thread where someone talked to him about the Konami games? Not to throw shade at Nekoo Nekoo here but I'd like to actually see evidence of the claim before I get my "Ridley actually made it" party supplies ready.

There's also the possibility that someone on 4chan either lied or impersonated Vergeben for attention, so let's not get ahead of ourselves yet until we fully investigate this.
Guy who stated that also stated this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom