• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
He does! In SMT he and the other demons basically work like Pokémon, you capture them and all. Jack has lots of ice-based attacks, he could rly work
Well he has ice attacks, but much like Pikachu, the rest of his moveset outside of that ability is going to have to be largely made up.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Goku confirmed in smash thanks to Imdb.
So this is it. The final ultimate roster.
ALSO Daisy is in, I let you guess who probably edited this page to add her.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I had an idea about this the other day; he should bleed green blood as a reference to the old SNES Mortal Kombat ports.
And when he grabs someone, he must always say “GET OVER HERE”

Scorpion, as in Scorpion from Mortal Kombat?
Sure why not? That way I could finally prove to my friends that the smash roster would absolutely destroy the MK roster.
Smash > All Fighters

D

Deleted member

I checked out the Joker support thread and found this SourceGaming article about Sakurai's time at the Persona Super Live 2017 concert. One quote in particular stood out to me:
On August 2nd, the day before my birthday, I went to see PERSONA SUPER LIVE P-SOUND BOMB!!!! 2017. The kind people at Atlus extended an invitation to me, and I definitely didn’t want to miss it! Feeling thankful, I headed to the venue.
There's a 99% chance this was just a birthday present from Atlus to a well known figure in the gaming industry, but maybe it had something to do with them working together on Smash if this rumor is true.

Edit: Here's another one about him praising Persona 5's UI.

In Persona 5, the character illustrations are great! The game’s systems are great! The music is great! The monster designs are great! The environment is great! The story and dialogue are great! Lots of things are great! It’s a very strong game, so I’m sure many people are enjoying it. But personally, it takes an awful lot of time to play… For a working adult, the toughest part of any game is actually finding the time to play it.

Persona 5 is full of strong points, but the one that I feel stands out far above the rest is the “GUI,” which stands for “Graphical User Interface.”

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
iirc, imdb is not a trustworthy site for these kind of things, since anyone can edit it. I remember some memes happening because of it.
Yeah I mentioned that in there also that's why I edited the title to Rumored VA for Smash. Would of been a blast to everyone who wanted Celica (me included).

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I checked out the Joker support thread and found this SourceGaming article about Sakurai's time at the Persona Super Live 2017 concert. One quote in particular stood out to me:

There's a 99% chance this was just a birthday present from Atlus to a well known figure in the gaming industry, but maybe it had something to do with them working together on Smash if this rumor is true.
StOP THis RIGHt NOW I canT HANDLE THAT

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Potentially interesting. Who knows?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Don't do that to my heart.
Also I just realized I have the same Birthday as Sakurai-

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No, I actually have no idea. I keep hearing tidbits about someone who is so obsessed with Daisy in Smash that they come across rudely?
You've never heard the tales of memoryman?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
That is very true. I can make sense of Dunban, but I can't make too much sense of Riki. Great point. Also if they stick to Japanese VAs for the NA release as well, they have to hire less VAs because Yusuke and Morgana share VAs with characters who are already in the game. The rumor is well researched, as many have said.
The Nopons actually kind of became Monolith Soft's mascot. Just like Pikachu is for Game Freak. So it makes sense for him to be part of the final smash.
But ideally, to me, all of the party members should participate in the chain attack.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you consider Cloud, Moogle, Chocobo, or Black Mage the mascot of Final Fantasy?
No, the company mascot.

Square Enix has no official mascot. Nintendo, Sega, Bandai-Namco, and Atlus all do.

Similarly, Capcom, Ubisoft, and Konami don't have an official mascot. They have popular characters, but no single character that represents the company as a whole.

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
If joker were to get into Smash somehow, I'd love a stage that shifts from Shibuya to the Metaverse or Mementos.

Edit: Wording

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If joker were to get in to Smash somehow, I'd love a stage that shifts from Shibuya to the Metaverse or Mementos.
A stage that shifts between all the different Palaces would be cool too.

We could even have a "Persona 5 Medley" song on the stage that switches between the main music of each Palace when the locale shifts.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really don't think that Joker is getting in. Sega already has 2 characters and his franchise has never touched a Nintendo console outside of spinoffs.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Atlus is a sub-house of Sega, by technicality, they already have two characters in smash.
I know that. However, Atlus has its own official mascot, Jack Frost, independently of Sega.

When Sega as a parent company is being represented, Sonic is the official mascot.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Welp. Thanks guys. Now I'm going to support Sora, Joker, Geno, Chrom, Ray...

Look at how much of a NEVER EVER my wishlist is. I want to cry.
This was the price I had to pay by voting Cloud in the Ballot and get him

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
A stage that shifts between all the different Palaces would be cool too.

We could even have a "Persona 5 Medley" song on the stage that switches between the main music of each Palace when the locale shifts.
I didn't even think of a Persona 5 medley. That would be absolutely phenomenal. Ugh now I'm getting hype over something that'll never happen.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nope. But I'm, uh...not particularly social.
Ah, well, he's a user who is completely and utterly obsessed with Daisy. It's pretty much all he can talk about. His love for Daisy is so intense, he reacts intensely to anything he perceives as an insult against her. He's been banned from a lot of Nintendo-based forums because he only ever talks about Daisy, and expects others to do the same without question.

?????????????

Smash Master
Ah, well, he's a user who is completely and utterly obsessed with Daisy. It's pretty much all he can talk about. His love for Daisy is so intense, he reacts intensely to anything he perceives as an insult against her. He's been banned from a lot of Nintendo-based forums because he only ever talks about Daisy, and expects others to do the same without question.
Was he the one that got blocked by PushDustin?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
View attachment 146923
What a perfect coincidence.

Is it really a secret though if you just told us you want him?

It's so easy to alter that kind of info that I would never trust it.
View attachment 146924
If I really wanted to I could give her credits for the movie Super Smash Bros. 800 for voicing the character Waluigi, anybody can do this, literally all you need is a google account to edit it.
Yeah I didn't believe it seeing how it is to edit in hindsight I shouldn't of point this rumor out in the first place :)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Was he the one that got blocked by PushDustin?
I believe so, yes.
I didn't even think of a Persona 5 medley. That would be absolutely phenomenal. Ugh now I'm getting hype over something that'll never happen.
I've been hopin' for **** that'll never happen since day 1. I feel your pain.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Welp. Thanks guys. Now I'm going to support Sora, Joker, Geno, Chrom, Ray...

Look at how much of a NEVER EVER my wishlist is. I want to cry.
This was the price I had to pay by voting Cloud in the Ballot and get him
NEVER EVER picks are what this forum is made of. Just take a look at the "wanted newcomer" threads, lol.

?????????????

Smash Master
NEVER EVER picks are what this forum is made of. Just take a look at the "wanted newcomer" threads, lol.
I mean, if it wasn't for the rumors, we would have absolutely NO reason to believe Ridley would even be a possibility. I mean, he's been outright rejected, and it's been explicitly EXPLAINED why he was rejected.

...But I still never stopped supporting him...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Look, there was a day that I'd consistently **** on an obnoxious Bayonetta supporter saying she'd never in a million years be in the game, yet here we are. If that guy could get Bayo, I can get Joker, who also seems much more positively received than the witch.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know.
Getting Sora AND Joker would be a musical orgasms.
BOTH KH AND PERSONA music in smash?
This is called a miracle and heaven...
Thus is why it won't happens

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Look, there was a day that I'd consistently **** on an obnoxious Bayonetta supporter saying she'd never in a million years be in the game, yet here we are. If that guy could get Bayo, I can get Joker, who also seems much more positively received than the witch.
There was a time when Cloud was nothing but a pipe dream you'd see from a 12-year-old on GameFAQs. Joker is pretty damn possible at this point.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What am I even doing... I KNOW Sora won't be in. Yet I decided to change my avatar to him to show my support for a character I initially and actually doesn't care about.
Yet I have this weird feeling, this weird faith thinking that he actually have a chance even after the riddler rumor got debunked and Masked Man said he know characters that wont be in smash... God I'm miserable.
This is me right now, and it gives me constant absolute suffering, suffering greater than yours knowing how less restrictive Disney about KH content is now.

I cannot let go of my strong gut feeling either, so I can totally relate to you.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There was a time when Cloud was nothing but a pipe dream you'd see from a 12-year-old on GameFAQs. Joker is pretty damn possible at this point.
Joker is not getting in. Sega getting three reps will be overkill. Also, his entire franchise has never touched a Nintendo console outside of spinoffs.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Witch was always received well. It's just her chokehold she put into suffocating Smash 4's competitive scene has kinda hampered her goodwill from new fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom