• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
It's a shame we can't talk about most RPG characters because their ultimate final attack is always done at the end of the game.
Has Smash Bros. ever done something in a character's moveset that was a "spoiler?"

The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is Zelda turning into Shiek.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
That'd be radical. The only issue is, when the screen transitions to the 2D renders, it'd have to ignore the skin/alt costume the character is currently wearing and default to the main skin.
I mean, that's what Persona 5 does. I played the whole game with the Samurai costume on and it's hard not getting taken out when default Joker suddenly shows up on the All-Out Attack screen

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Joker makes in, I'm willing to accept Baby mario in Smash, and Pink Gold Peach.
They could put ****in' Steve from Minecraft in the game for all I care if they add Joker.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
That'd be radical. The only issue is, when the screen transitions to the 2D renders, it'd have to ignore the skin/alt costume the character is currently wearing and default to the main skin.
My vision of it wasn't necessarily a direct rip of what happens in P5. It'd still be the 3D model doing a pose, but the background and other elements in the screen would be something stylized to match the character. So they the actual art itself wouldn't include a 2D render of the characters. Just do something to give the screen some more life and also some individuality to each character's victory.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not talking about one character. I'm talking about an entire franchise. That is different.
Well Persona is a spinoff series to Megami Tensei that has had a game on the 3DS (another one sometime in the future), I ain’t saying he should join (hell I don’t even know him), but a well received 3DS game that’s getting a sequel...that alone gives this person atleast 1-2% more of a chance than Pre-Smash Cloud.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm kind of confused about this guy, I tried google and he seems to be a "concept" that's not even owned by anyone. He dates back to the 1800s. There's movies and books and games and TV shows about this guy and he's used by a ****-ton of different companies in completely different ways. He's no game character.
You have to look up "Shin Megami Tensei Jack Frost." It's like Santa Claus; there's many variations of the character depending on who is using them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm kind of confused about this guy, I tried google and he seems to be a "concept" that's not even owned by anyone. There's movies and games and TV shows about this guy and he's used by a ****-ton of different companies in completely different ways.
Well that's the thing. "Jack Frost" is not an original character like say Mario and Pikachu. SMT Demons are all based on folklore and myths and such and Jack Frost is no exception. However, Atlus's incarnation of Jack Frost became their mascot.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
They could take a lot of characters out of the game and I'd still be over the moon if Joker was in lmao. Screw everyone else I want, Joker is there.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Since people are talking about VA here's another rumor. Someone posted on IMDB that Erica Lindbeck will be voicing Celica in Smash consider I've heard you can edit info on that website it's safe to say it's fake.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6949652/

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I'm kind of confused about this guy, I tried google and he seems to be a "concept" that's not even owned by anyone. He dates back to the 1800s. There's movies and books and games and TV shows about this guy and he's used by a ****-ton of different companies in completely different ways. He's no game character.

EDIT: Then again, neither are people like Hades or Medusa in theory. I'm just both surprised and confused about this guy, haha.
You're think about the wrong Jack Frost. While the name and idea of Jack Frost is free domain; this is the character owned by Atlus.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Since people are talking about VA here's another rumor. Someone posted on IMDB that Erica Lindbeck will be voicing Celica in Smash consider I've heard you can edit info on that website it's safe to say it's fake.

You know who else Erica Lindbeck voices?

Futaba from Persona 5. IT ALL COMES FULL CIRCLE.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Personally the Persona 5 port is way more exciting because I've never played a Persona game but my friend is obsessed with them. I don't have a Playstation (anymore) so it'd be nice to finally try it. And Joker would probably be cool, I'm sure there's a reason he's so popular

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I'd personally prefer Jack Frost to be the Atlus rep since he's a general representation of SMT, Persona, and is more familiar to Nintendo players
But since I LOVE Persona, I'd be ecstatic to see Joker as well. With a P5 Switch port if possible! (And a P4G as well I'm begging you Atlus I want to play my favorite game of all time in my favorite console of all time)

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
Joker is one of those characters that I secretly really want, he'd just be so unique and cool, never bring it up though because I don't think there's any way he'd ever be in Smash. Sadly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that VAs aren't everything.

Look how sure we all were about Krystal in Brawl...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Literally everyone and their mom can edit IMDB.****ing GOKU is in there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona characters aside...we I need Scorpion to join

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You're think about the wrong Jack Frost. While the name and idea of Jack Frost is free domain; this is the character owned by Atlus.
Good god that list of appearances lmao. And that's just his actual appearances, not his tiny cameos as accessories on characters and whatnot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah IMDb "leaks" have never really been trustworthy.

Khao

Smash Lord
Well that's the thing. "Jack Frost" is not an original character like say Mario and Pikachu. SMT Demons are all based on folklore and myths and such and Jack Frost is no exception. However, Atlus's incarnation of Jack Frost became their mascot.
Welp, that explains it. Can't really say much for or against his inclusion other than this is the first time I've ever heard about it, which might be an indication that he's just really freaking obscure... Or that I'm just extremely ignorant, haha.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Persona characters aside...we I need Scorpion to join
Scorpion, as in Scorpion from Mortal Kombat?
Sure why not? That way I could finally prove to my friends that the smash roster would absolutely destroy the MK roster.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

iirc, imdb is not a trustworthy site for these kind of things, since anyone can edit it. I remember some memes happening because of it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We just gotta operate under the same rules Persona 5's universe does.

That is, if we all believe the leak is true, it will be. Cognition.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
And yeah VAs don't mean much. Shulk's case in the last game was an exception.
Besides, sometimes a character might be voiced by someone else (i.e. Palutena)

Also, imagine if somehow we got hold of Matt Mercer voicing Chrom in SSB4 before Robin's reveal. Oh boy

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Personally the Persona 5 port is way more exciting because I've never played a Persona game but my friend is obsessed with them. I don't have a Playstation (anymore) so it'd be nice to finally try it. And Joker would probably be cool, I'm sure there's a reason he's so popular
Yeah, I really hope the port at least ends up being true because more people should end up playing the awesome game that is Persona 5. It really did end up stealing my heart. :)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't NECESSARILY agree, since I prefer Dragon Warrior over Slime for a Dragon Quest character, but I don't know enough about Shin Megami Tensei.

Here's my question; does Jack Frost DO anything that's iconic to the series? I mean, besides just being a mascot, would he have a good moveset that portrays the important aspects of what you do in Shin Megami Tensei?
I know practically nothing about Atlus.

However, it would be unheard of for any character to get in smash before the company that owns them gets their mascot in. It would be like Nintendo having Pikachu as a guest character before Mario or Sega having Bayonetta before Sonic or Bamco having Heihachi before Pac-Man.

?????????????

Smash Master

However, it would be unheard of for any character to get in smash before the company that owns them gets their mascot in. It would be like Nintendo having Pikachu as a guest character before Mario or Sega having Bayonetta before Sonic or Bamco having Heihachi before Pac-Man.
Do you consider Cloud, Moogle, Chocobo, or Black Mage the mascot of Final Fantasy?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Atlus is a sub-house of Sega, by technicality, they already have two characters in smash.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
equilibrium.png

What a perfect coincidence.
Joker is one of those characters that I secretly really want, he'd just be so unique and cool, never bring it up though because I don't think there's any way he'd ever be in Smash. Sadly.
Is it really a secret though if you just told us you want him?

It's so easy to alter that kind of info that I would never trust it.
Screenshot_35.png

If I really wanted to I could give her credits for the movie Super Smash Bros. 800 for voicing the character Waluigi, anybody can do this, literally all you need is a google account to edit it.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I don't NECESSARILY agree, since I prefer Dragon Warrior over Slime for a Dragon Quest character, but I don't know enough about Shin Megami Tensei.

Here's my question; does Jack Frost DO anything that's iconic to the series? I mean, besides just being a mascot, would he have a good moveset that portrays the important aspects of what you do in Shin Megami Tensei?
He does! In SMT he and the other demons basically work like Pokémon, you capture them and all. Jack has lots of ice-based attacks, he could rly work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom